JoeTermin

Dec 24, 2017
Interesting, in which way is 0.2.1 better than 0.5.x? And I don't mean it as an offense, I'm just curious how is my opinion different.

And so here is my opinion. From gameplay perspective 2.1 was already good, and adding customizable controls was basically all it needed. Sound design got improved do to new SFX, and even thou new music is nice I kinda miss the old one once in a while... There is more story now, if it is your thing. Levels look better over all. And probably most importantly old version had 14 enemies with 21 animations and 11 still images. New one has 13 (including shugar-cane) enemies with 23 animations + 4 masturbations + 4 animations with Annie and 16 still images. So there is actually more content in this regard in new one, with less enemies and less levels.

And hopefully we will get more in next 14 days. Where there will be 3 new levels, 3 additional enemies (one new one) + 3 animations (+1 secret sort of) and 6 new images. And I totally forgot the extra NPC, teased for like, ever.

What I'm worried about is that time between releases. Considering how much and how fast the first releases went. The development burn in is settling in. So what we may do is cheer LAGS on.
The update for me has had a few seriously annoying bugs like character getting stuck or sex scenes glitching etc. I prefer to wait until it's more polished. Some monsters from the previous build are also not implemented yet (eg. head hunter, vines, golem). I also have mixed feeling with the new level design, I feel like the levels are more beautiful and detailed but they are underexploited due to the enemy placement which imo is too easy and seems a bit random. Personally I'm also not a fan of her new voice but I'm OK with that because the game uses Unity and is easy to mod.

Also just to be clear I do not mean this to be a negative criticism of the dev at all, he's been doing a fantastic job overall. And he's rebuilding the game so these issues are perfectly expected. I think it's just a matter of time until the new version becomes better.

Reactions: 91i31

Oko7

Mar 14, 2021
seriously annoying bugs like character getting stuck or sex scenes glitching
In which version that was and did you report it to dev? Because from bugs I and others reported I don't recall that many of those...
That is true not all from old game are not in, after 0.6. Only Mantis and Gollem will be missing.
Yea I feel you with under usage of levels - kinda sad that difficulty setting doesn't add extra enemies. (and many people complained that some levels are now to hard - not by my opinion...) (not to mention since day 1 I played this game I thought there should be puzzles in levels, just gives me that old game vibe with it's style)
Voice is personal preference but if it will be included it potential mod I'm interested.

I do agree. The fact that instead of finishing the game just for windows and calling it day he decided to do it all over again with extra stuff is impressive (and inspiring) in this industry. What I'm interested in is how mod-able this game will be when finished.

Take care

wisdomtooth

Nov 12, 2020
Glad to see someone liked it, definitely I'll update it in the future, maybe even after the new release which comes in a few days, if the build is good enough. That said the last build he released had less enemies, more bugs and was imo inferior to the old build, so I skipped playing it, and I might do the same if this release is also disappointing.
Yeah, you're mod was great! I understand what you're saying, a lot of the enemies aren't implemented yet. Just glad you're interested in updating it at some point. It makes the game much more fun.

May 25, 2017
What's the mod do?
This mod will randomly spawn many new enemies in the level while you play. This makes the game much more challenging and varied, it will spawn rare enemies even in the first levels, adding a lot of replayability.

A few screenshots:

View attachment 1431710

View attachment 1431711

As you can see, there are now spawns of 4+ goblins in the normal gameplay. (normally you need to find a secret zone to unlock the animation).

To install :

1) Extract the zip in the HTA folder, so that "assembly-csharp.dll" gets overwritten.
2) Start the game.
3) Upgrade everything you can and prepare for an extremely unfair fuckfest enjoyable experience.

Known issues:
- Level 1 camera is bugged. Don't play level 1.
- The first time you open the menu, it will have 10 sec of black screen and briefly show frames of a few fake levels. No panic, this is a hack to make the mod work.
- Enemies can spawn in walls/air sometimes.

Reactions: Karnewarrior

scholardude

Sep 24, 2018
Hi!
Sorry but on mac os Monterey the game won't start. When i try start the mac show me a modal with 'Impossibile open'
I know this post is from a while ago, but I had the same problem. After some googling I managed to fix the issue by running the command 'chmod -R +x Hailey\'s\ Treasure\ Adventure.app/Contents/MacOS' in the terminal.

frid

Apr 25, 2017
Just a heads up people!

-When you find the statue pointing up, jump.

-When you find the sunflower, crawl.

-Take the new version of the zombie to the shopkeeper.

Reactions: justavisitor
4.10 star(s) 31 Votes