magus448

May 22, 2018
While you're correct, you're completely ignoring the fact she was raped. And told us during post coital bliss.
Ignoring and not mentioning isn't the same. I didn't say anything since it was already touched upon earlier in the thread and it wasn't talked about in the post I was replying to.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
That moment was weird. She waited something like 5 or more years to finally fuck her brother. One of the first thing that come up to her mind is sharing her past sexual experience... That game is pretty well written, but that scene was not. It's really feel forced, the writer needed to do that at that moment for the MC to be able to get back at the teacher, for whatever reason. If there was some hint of a trauma in Haley's past, that would have made sense. I don't understand why he needed that kind of drama, let's hope the following event will be better written and maybe I will understand it.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Not sure if it's the new environments, but the render quality seemed especially good this update. Meeting Nick was fun and thank goodness for the lights.

However, the post sex discussion was incredibly contrived, marring the moment in order to force drama. Haley would have known where the discussion would lead and how MC would react, making it seem like a very manipulative move.

To the people strawmanning that people are just upset because Haley wasn't a virgin; nobody is critical of the previous boyfriend. It's the whole, "I've been thinking about this my entire life, that was amazing, oh by the way I was (statutory) raped by our teacher, good night".

Not keen at all with how this ended.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
At least my girl didn't talk about fucking her teacher after sex.

She probably burned the sheets and showered for a week but didn't talk about who she'd fucked just after we'd finished.

I would also like to point out that, from a woman's perspective, unless our partners ask we don't tend to talk about previous lovers. It's kind of a dick move, especially when you've just had sex.

Some girls won't talk about previous lovers even when asked, especially if it's something they would rather forget.

I don't know a single woman that has ever brought up who else they have fucked right after sex.

I'm not going to complain about the reveal, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, it's just weird is all. It certainly isn't something i'd ever do unless I was looking to break up with the person I was with.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Statutory rape is sex with someone who's legally underage according to the laws of the state, country, or whatever other entity. Whether or not the sex was consensual is irrelevant because the underage person isn't considered legally able to consent to sex.
In the UK that would just be considered pedophilia, although it's a bit of a grey area depending on the ages involved.

The legal age of consent here is 16 and if, say, a 35 man year old man were found to be having sex with a 15 year old, he'd likely be charged with pedophilia and child grooming even if the girl consented. However, if a 17 year old is having sex with a 15 year old there likely wouldn't be any charges because in that case the parents probably wouldn't report it and just try to deal with it themselves by trying to keep them apart.

The main reason for this distinction, as it perhaps would be in most places, is that since there isn't much of an age difference in the latter case it's seen as less illegal than the former and just the actions of 2 hormonal adolescents.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
In the UK that would just be considered pedophilia, although it's a bit of a grey area depending on the ages involved.

The legal age of consent here is 16 and if, say, a 35 man year old man were found to be having sex with a 15 year old, he'd likely be charged with pedophilia and child grooming even if the girl consented. However, if a 17 year old is having sex with a 15 year old there likely wouldn't be any charges because in that case the parents probably wouldn't report it and just try to deal with it themselves by trying to keep them apart.

The main reason for this distinction, as it perhaps would be in most places, is that since there isn't much of an age difference in the latter case it's seen as less illegal than the former and just the actions of 2 hormonal adolescents.
Unless one of the parties is in a "position of trust" (like a teacher), in which case the age of consent is raised to 18.

Edited to make it clearer.

Last edited:

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
16 in the UK, much younger in other places.

18 is the legal age to drink in the UK.

Amusingly you can have sex before you can drunk considering how some people look in this town the reverse is usually preferred.
I was talking about the UK, it's 16 for most cases, 18 if one of the parties are in a position of trust.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
I understand, you just reminded me a story of a 18yo guy a few (about 7y ago) that was charged and convicted cuz he had oral sex with his 17yo girlfriend. but i get your point, dont want to start a discution here. ty for your rapid reply.
Ya, that to my knowledge that generally doesn't happen anymore. Most of the consent laws have provisions for those transitioning to adulthood who are in a relationship. For example where I live if you are within 1 year of age consent laws don't apply. So 17 and 18 would be ok, but not 17 and 19. It can get...complicated, but that's the US justice system for ya. Especially when it comes to sex our country is a little backward in some ways. Its that whole puritanical crap the settlers started with imho.

Reactions: Akuniz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
That moment was weird. She waited something like 5 or more years to finally fuck her brother. One of the first thing that come up to her mind is sharing her past sexual experience... That game is pretty well written, but that scene was not. It's really feel forced, the writer needed to do that at that moment for the MC to be able to get back at the teacher, for whatever reason. If there was some hint of a trauma in Haley's past, that would have made sense. I don't understand why he needed that kind of drama, let's hope the following event will be better written and maybe I will understand it.
I think he really wanted a cliffhanger as that seems standard now for these games, but this was a case where none was needed and it was very untimely. I will be back to see what direction they are taking this train though.

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
It used to be 18 as well here in America before the government decided to raise it to 21 for whatever dumb reason.
I think it was all those drinking and driving deaths. Still probably the second biggest killer here behind the atypical heart failure. Despite being a non-drinker, I think they should either lower the drinking age to 18 or raise the military enlistment age to 21 (I prefer the later myself) and in both cases they should really increase the penalties when caught drinking and driving.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I've generally found the writing — by which I mean the dialogue — to be excellent and the story quite well done, so I'm willing to let this play out before deciding how I feel about it. It feels like a misstep now, and in any case it was a clumsy transition from the scene everyone's been waiting for (except the dude upthread who can't stand Haley, I guess), but we'll see.

To be completely honest, the fact that it's fiction also changes how I view her revelation. As fiction, the notion of a precocious young woman seducing a lonely older man is at least narratively interesting...though I'd be a lot less uncomfortable if she was a little older when it happened and it's a number I really wish the writer would reconsider. In real life? Razor wire leash around his scrotum...and that's just for starters.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
About MC being mad about the Mr Klaus namedrop. Aside from him being their teacher and 48 years old at the time. Maybe a possibility that MC didn't get along with Mr Klaus. Something like in A Mother's Love (maybe a milder version of this) where the MC and teacher Beeman hate each other, teacher Beeman belittling MC and trying to fail MC in class.

Also in the update, despite the mom's clear favoritism towards MC, the dad treated both MC and Haley fairly.

Reactions: Freezer14
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes