Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
how we will convince Haley that she was manipulated if we don't show her on how she was manipulated? she will never accept it
What difference does it make? It's statutory sexual assault whether he laid there shocked or whether he groomed her. His criminality is based on not saying no, not whatever else he did.

If the "solution" is for Haley to see how she was manipulated, it's no solution at all. Haley needs to understand that her 15-year-old understanding of her sexuality is irrelevant to the rightness or wrongness of the encounter. That doesn't rely on the details, it relies on her emotions.

Reactions: Freezer14

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I don't understand why someone would drop because of it, it's clear that this is going to be the central theme in the next update after dialog between MC and his dad, so we will learn more about it for sure, it's not a fun subject but I don't see the story completely changing because of it, the dev won't throw MC into prison or anything

Haley was never a virgin in the story, unless people had hope she was a secret virgin that saved herself to her brother, I don't see why anyone would be put off by her now, all we need is to iron out those contradictions about her being in love with MC since high school and she suddenly being very carefree with her lost virginity, even though she only had sex with two guys in her whole life before MC, which would make us think that she is much more selective than that
What difference does it make? It's statutory sexual assault whether he laid there shocked or whether he groomed her. His criminality is based on not saying no, not whatever else he did.

If the "solution" is for Haley to see how she was manipulated, it's no solution at all. Haley needs to understand that her 15-year-old understanding of her sexuality is irrelevant to the rightness or wrongness of the encounter. That doesn't rely on the details, it relies on her emotions.
As if Haley doesn't know about that already, she won't suddenly begin to have a problem with it because MC said she should under the law

so it's one of two, or she already have a problem with it and is making it out to be like she doesn't because she doesn't want MC to do anything stupid or something like that, or she really have no problem with it at all and need to be pointed out with facts on how she was manipulated

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I see some people are ready to drop the game because something happened in the story that they don't like, if we all were dropping stories because of plot decisions we did not like such stories as: Harry Potter (after fifth book), Game of Thrones (after s1 e9) and Braking Bad (after season three) would not exist.
I have no idea what your point is. Let people leave if they want. I stop watching GoT and after hearing about how terrible many people found the finale I'm glad I did. Suffering through something in the hope it might get better is completely stupid.

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
I have no idea what your point is. Let people leave if they want. I stop watching GoT and after hearing about how terrible many people found the finale I'm glad I did. Suffering through something in the hope it might get better is completely stupid.
I did not mean if you dislike the the whole story you should stay and suffer I meant one specific plot point.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That backstory is meant to make people emphasize with Haley, want to protect her etc. People aren't supposed to like that story. Haleys defense was her trying to downplay it, she doesn't want MC to go berserk (although it looks like he might). This whole thing is a tool to bring MC/Haley closer together. The game is called Haley's Story, that is just another chapter in it.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Ultimately, there's a fundamental divide in how people consume art. Some people are compelled by the art. Others are imprisoned by their reaction to the art. I don't think these views are reconcilable.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Wow, this game was great right up until the end. That shit with the math teacher is just that, complete shit. Not touching this one again. Shame that the writer had to pull something like this, Haley is a great character, she doesn't deserve such a shitty backstory.
Your comments here reflect how deeply you are committed to the character of Haley. You are enraged at the writers. But, it's a story. Their story. Have your feelings toward Haley lessened, because of what happened to her a decade ago? It appears from what you have written, they have not. So, direct your rage instead toward Klaus, and hope the writers come up with a satisfactory conclusion to the mess they have created.

This game has changed considerably, from one where we were rooting for the main participants to get together and consummate their love for one another, to one where there is now a major stumbling block to their continued relationship. The method of having the change in plot direction occur immediately after the realization of the old one, was deliberate. The writers were not ready to conclude their story and have our two favorites just spend their time concocting new fetishes and partners for our amusement. Of course, that would have pleased many, several of whom have now fled in disgust. But it is no longer the game before us.

Now the path forward, should we choose to follow it, is how to get the MC to realize that Haley is broken and how to get him to figure out how to repair her. The writers need to present us with plausible means to do just that, or allow us to break off the relationship and have them go their separate ways. This should take them several episodes to accomplish, assuming they can pull it off. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I don't think we need to learn what happened. What difference would it make? It's sexual assault no matter what the details are.

The important thing is that Haley's supported and healed.
WE don't 'need' to know, although it would be nice for the developer to tell us. But, the MC certainly needs to know, so he can properly figure out what to do about the situation.

I'm assuming that the process of informing the MC what happened, will also inform us as well.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
But, the MC certainly needs to know, so he can properly figure out what to do about the situation.
Why? Klaus raped her. Does it matter if it was passive or aggressive? Does it matter if it happened once or a hundred times?

Haley needs to figure out what to do about the situation. Let's not be paternalistic. When Haley's realized what happened to her and is ready for retribution, let Haley decide the form and severity of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Broly1997

arms99

May 11, 2018
That backstory is meant to make people emphasize with Haley, want to protect her etc. People aren't supposed to like that story. Haleys defense was her trying to downplay it, she doesn't want MC to go berserk (although it looks like he might). This whole thing is a tool to bring MC/Haley closer together. The game is called Haley's Story, that is just another chapter in it.
I think you're right, at least I hope you are. I think this is supposed to be a catalyst to bring the MC and Haley closer together, after which it'll go back to the lighthearted story we all love. I don't see the dev turning this game into a commentary on abuse in our society, that would be a major deviation from his usual work.

My advice to those that felt betrayed by this twist is to wait a couple of updates and then come back and see how it plays out.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
And it's going to take a couple of updates. This is known. It's not going to be solved quickly or easily.

fea876

Nov 24, 2018
I just hope that in the process of healing, Haley would not understand that the love she had for her brother was somekind of refuge for what happen with the teacher. The love would dissolve after that, leaving the MC alone with is feeling. Knowing that he helped his sister go through, but at a price.

I got the feeling have seen something like that in a movie.

*edit a typo

Reactions: Freezer14

arms99

May 11, 2018
I just hope that in the process of healing, Haley would not understand that the love she had for her brother was somekind of refuge for what happen with the teacher. The love would dissolve after that, leaving the MC alone with is feeling. Knowing that he helped his sister go through, but at a price.

I got the feeling have seen something like that in a movie.
I doubt it, especially considering her feelings for the MC predate what happened with the teacher.

Valeck

Aug 16, 2017
I think you're right, at least I hope you are. I think this is supposed to be a catalyst to bring the MC and Haley closer together, after which it'll go back to the lighthearted story we all love. I don't see the dev turning this game into a commentary on abuse in our society, that would be a major deviation from his usual work.

My advice to those that felt betrayed by this twist is to wait a couple of updates and then come back and see how it plays out.
I don't think there is a way for this game to be lighthearted again, in fact, I think this going to get even darker.
The fact is that Haley is raped and doesn't matter what dev does the pace of the game never going to be the same.
I will wait to see how this going to end, but I think this game was better without this kinda shit.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Exactly. Haley was in love with her brother, and wanted her brother to take and dominate her, from a very early age. She explains that to him in great detail as their sex scene begins. It took her until a few weeks ago in our game timeline to be ready to express that to him, and that's absolutely reasonable given the legal, societal, and familial arguments against those feelings. What happened with Klaus was entirely separate.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
The Lord of the Rings was better without that shit about Frodo succumbing to the Ring and failing his quest.

Star Wars was better without that corruption and freezing shit.

Casablanca was better without that Nazi shit.

Doctor Who was better without that dying and social justice shit.

Buffy was better without that murder, rape, and dying shit.

As I said: one either enjoys art as a way to rearrange their mind or one's refusal to release their mind. Art is supposed to transform. Art that gives you everything you want exactly the way you want it is no more than masturbation fodder. If it doesn't disrupt, it's cowardly art.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Why? Klaus raped her. Does it matter if it was passive or aggressive? Does it matter if it happened once or a hundred times?

Haley needs to figure out what to do about the situation. Let's not be paternalistic. When Haley's realized what happened to her and is ready for retribution, let Haley decide the form and severity of it.
You misunderstood what I was saying. I don't really care that much about the retribution aspect right now. I do believe that the MC needs to understand what happened in order to either formulate a Haley recovery plan or give Haley up as a lost cause. THAT's the 'situation' I was referring to. I don't believe that Haley is going to figure out jack-shit without the MC's assistance. She just wants the MC to love her, but she is clueless as to what is actually bothering the MC. She thinks she was a 'bad girl', but believes the MC should just forgive her and get on with their love affair. Until both of them come to grips with what really happened, that affair is probably on hold.

As for retribution, I want to know myself what happened before even thinking about what should be done with/to our beloved math teacher. I am sure options will be presented. [At this moment, the gelding knife is my favorite option.]

arms99

May 11, 2018
I don't think there is a way for this game to be lighthearted again, in fact, I think this going to get even darker.
The fact is that Haley is raped and doesn't matter what dev does the pace of the game never going to be the same.
I will wait to see how this going to end, but I think this game was better without this kinda shit.
I hope not. Like I said the dev is not known for going for a dark theme. Doesn't mean that he won't, but it would be uncharacteristic. It would also be a big mistake. Not only would it sour a lot of his patrons here, but it'd also have a negative impact on his other games. Personally if this game was to go down a dark hole, not only would I abandon this I would stop playing Alexandra, lest something similar happen there. I do agree though that I would have preferred to not have this twist, but I'll reserve judgement until I see where he's going with it.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes