gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I hope not. Like I said the dev is not known for going for a dark theme. Doesn't mean that he won't, but it would be uncharacteristic. It would also be a big mistake. Not only would it sour a lot of his patrons here, but it'd also have a negative impact on his other games. Personally if this game was to go down a dark hole, not only would I abandon this I would stop playing Alexandra, lest something similar happen there. I do agree though that I would have preferred to not have this twist, but I'll reserve judgement until I see where he's going with it.
if there is a game that I would expect a dark turn, that game would be Alexandra, it's bound to happen sooner or later, it's been quite a while since Isa tried to kill MC, I expect things to go south really soon.

Reactions: Freezer14

arms99

May 11, 2018
So, Alexandra also went all the way this month as well.
if there is a game that I would expect a dark turn, that game would be Alexandra, it's bound to happen sooner or later, it's been quite a while since Isa tried to kill MC, I expect things to go south really soon.
Yeah, but I wouldn't really call that a dark turn. After all Alexandra is a gangster game, violence is expected. A dark turn there would be some AL kind of thing where we are forced to watch one of the main character, let's say Izzy (since I can only assume Alexandra is safe) die.

Reactions: Walter Victor

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
It was done for the sake of drama and that's what made me dislike certain other games, forced drama.It's not as heavy here and Haley isn't my fave girl so i'm not too bothered by the reveal itself it's just the timing that bugs me.

That "reveal" was incredibly mistimed. That should have been a Haley sitting the MC down and explaining what happened not a casual drop in conversation after sex.

It was forced.
I agree it was forced and mistimed, but Haley didn't want to talk about it, she just said how many people she had sex before, it was MC who insisted on knowing about it, and Haley didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so that explains the casual tone

the problem with the timing is that it needed to be after they had sex, but they also have only two days before going back to where they live, probably the writer thought he could only introduce this subplot at that point because otherwise there would be no time for MC to solve a complex issue like that

And when would that have happened? In the next release? And have the developers end the episode with the sex scene? I don't think so.

Besides, to Haley what she first revealed WAS just a casual thing - the number of her sex partners... no big deal. It was her failure to realize that the MC would insist on her naming names that caused the whole mess.

I seriously doubt that if Haley hadn't dropped her bomb when she did, she never would have. Remember that this all came about because of their conversation in the high school girls bathroom. She was afraid she had left a bad impression of herself. Of course, she only managed to make everything worse. But, if she had let it go then, would it have ever occurred to her to talk about it again? She never would have felt the need to sit down with the MC and explain anything. She is of the opinion that she did a bad thing, but she THINKS she has put it in her past. She hasn't, but that's something that needs to be addressed in future releases.
perfectly put, it's a direction I definitely see this going, Haley blames herself for it and fears her brother's judgement, fits her character like a glove

Last edited:

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
So, Alexandra also went all the way this month as well.

Yeah, but I wouldn't really call that a dark turn. After all Alexandra is a gangster game, violence is expected. A dark turn there would be some AL kind of thing where we are forced to watch one of the main character, let's say Izzy (since I can only assume Alexandra is safe) die.
would be expected, if a criminal wants to hurt Alex or MC, Isa would be a perfect round and red bullseye

Alex could be raped (but I don't expect things to go THAT dark), Isa could (that I could expect, Isa is the easiest target for bad things to happen), Isa's crazy mother could try to kill Alex, Alex's dad will definitely die sooner or later.

We are getting that subplot with Dimitri getting pissed and jealous at MC for doing better than him, he is bound to do something stupid and he knows exactly on how to hit MC where it hurts the most

Didn't play the new version yet, will do after lunch probably

About Isa trying to kill MC, it's dark because we learn she has mental issues like the MC has, she has a complete overreation against MC at that moment and this could play a role in the future as well

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I cannot get any zip file for any OS (Mac or PC) through any download site (MEGA, nopy, etc.) to extract properly without saying there's a corrupted file. What gives?
Start from telling us which OS and what kind of software are you using to extract or test those zip files, because the problem is at your end.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Huh! I see it as a device to make the game even more interesting. Now I get to figure out (with the developers' help) how to get a resolution to the conflict that has arisen, and especially to make Haley whole again. Because right now she is broken.

Oh yeah, I expect to see some sex scenes along the way.

So, I was heavily invested in the two main characters before this happened. Now, I am even more so. To me, the game has become even better and more interesting. Obviously, others think differently. *shrug*
Yeah, statutory rape, marvel at the interesting topic and how loved that angle is.

And when would that have happened? In the next release?
Didn't need to happen at all. Pretty sure they could have found a better story than that.

Is it supposed to make her into a sympathetic character because it doesn't. This is the big problem with that angle and forced drama, nobody comes out of it looking good.

If they were trying to make her look gullible in her youth enough to spread her legs for the guy then sure, I can go along with that.

What resolution are you hoping for?

The guy gets the shit kicked out of him?

Haley gets a slap round the head for being a moron?

Both are needed.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it just me, or was this one not used? Would be shame, looks like a nice picture
You are correct. It is not referenced in the script. And I agree - too bad it wasn't used. But then, the MC would have had to pretend he had an aneurism if Nick had happened to walk out of his house just then. ;)

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Is it just me, or was this one not used? Would be shame, looks like a nice picture
Maybe forgoten to be put in game after the hold or not hands decision.

Or most probably a nice render that Is contradicting to the game progression.

Them disqussing the level of pda acceptable and if holding hands Is ok, and then waking around in their hometown like 2 lovebirds would not make sense.

Either story was changed in a way that render wouldnt make sense, or someone rendered a wrong render which was forgoten in both cases in Games files.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Yeah, statutory rape, marvel at the interesting topic and how loved that angle is.

Didn't need to happen at all. Pretty sure they could have found a better story than that.

Is it supposed to make her into a sympathetic character because it doesn't. This is the big problem with that angle and forced drama, nobody comes out of it looking good.

If they were trying to make her look gullible in her youth enough to spread her legs for the guy then sure, I can go along with that.

Both are needed.
Yeah, I get it. You don't like the way the developers wrote this episode. I do.

I somehow DO find Haley more sympathetic after what happened. Even though NO ONE was supposed to come out of it looking good.

The resolution I am looking for (which I have stated here several times, if you had bothered to look), was for the MC to elicit enough further information from Haley to be able to repair their relationship. If that means Klaus gets the shit kicked out of him, fine. If not, that's fine too. I don't give a fuck, as long as the MC and Haley can get back on track.

But, you didn't even like Haley to begin with. So maybe there will be an option you can take for the MC to break it off with Haley and wind up with one or more of the other girls. Or, I'm sure there are other games out there that don't piss you off.

What I'm trying to do with this post is to explain why I happen to like where this game is going. I have no illusion that I will be able to change your mind so that you will like what transpired. But I would ask that you show me the courtesy of not trying to say what I should or should not like.

Last edited:

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017

Both are needed.
I think we know very little about what really went down, what we know is that her being so casual about losing her virginity to a much older man out of pity while probably already being in love with MC is contradictory

the worst turn this whole story could take is: MC goes to this guys house, kicks his ass, gets arrested and bailed out, Haley gets pissed off at him for doing it and their relationship gets shaky

but as I said, her story is contradictory with her early love confessions, so we can hopefully expect more out of it, I expect MC and Haley relationship to get stronger because of it's resolution instead of weakening it, we don't know if Haley was actually a moron in that story, all we know are those dismissive lines she gave, just after she was really happy in fulfilling her desire for her brother, there was no space for sad thoughts in her head at the time

Last edited:

The Archduke

Jul 1, 2018
Maybe forgoten to be put in game after the hold or not hands decision.

Or most probably a nice render that Is contradicting to the game progression.

Them disqussing the level of pda acceptable and if holding hands Is ok, and then waking around in their hometown like 2 lovebirds would not make sense.

Either story was changed in a way that render wouldnt make sense, or someone rendered a wrong render which was forgoten in both cases in Games files.
Yeah, still a pretty picture. Shame, that it wasn't used. Perhaps a chance to talk more about public display of affection or at work

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
The way I see it, after the bathroom scene & then her script for the night (and all the teasing leading up to it), Haley worried that MC might see her as a bit of a slut, so she mentioned her small number of partners as a defence.
As has been stated elsewhere, it was MC who pushed for more details.

We don’t know any where near enough about her relationship with Klaus to make judgement.
How did Haley view it at the time?
Who initiated?
Did either party resist?
How did it develop?

All we know is that it happened.
It is taboo & probably (depending on location) illegal.
But the same could be said for sleeping with your sister…

I know that when I have talked to people about my own similar experience, most people have gone to some lengths to convince me that it was wrong & that I was taken advantage of & victimized.
It certainly did not feel like that from my position.
There was no coercion or pressure.
There was no extended grooming.
What started as a stupid prank had unintended consequences.

Bear in mind that this occurred in the UK approx. 30 years ago.
I was, to put it bluntly, a nerd.
I had, up to that point had 2 “girlfriends”, but never advanced beyond holding hands or hugging on the sofa.
Not counting being breastfed as a baby, I had never seen or touched a naked boob.
I was forever trying to get in with the popular crowd.
They would frequently push me to do stupid or embarrassing stuff for their amusement.
Like a twat, I normally complied.
I’m sure most of you have either been, or known “that guy”.

My maths teacher (Let’s call her Miss G) was also the “responsible adult” at our swimming lessons.
The dare was that I creep up behind her & dig my fingers into her ribs to make her jump.
Due to the water, or me being clumsy, or whatever, I missed & ended up grabbing a handful.
I was mortified & fled the scene.

A couple of days later, we had maths as last lesson before lunch.
Miss G asked me to remain behind at the end of class.
She wanted to discuss what had happened.
I tried to explain that it was not what I had planned.

Then it got a little “twilight zone”.
She asked if I had liked it & if given the opportunity, would I do it again?
Things quickly escalated at this point & we ended up having sex in the class room.

So I made the first move at the swimming pool.
She was completely in charge in the class room.
But again, there was no pressure (beyond a teenager’s perverted mind that couldn’t believe his luck!).
Every step of the way, she was asking “Do you want to?” or “What would you do if I…?”

With hindsight, I don’t believe she ever expected me to say no to any of what was happening, but at the time, I did seriously think about “What if I say no?”

The point is, does Haley feel that was taken advantage of?
With the given information, I have to say no.
Objectively, was she taken advantage of?
We simply don't know enough to comment yet.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Start from telling us which OS and what kind of software are you using to extract or test those zip files, because the problem is at your end.
As I stated, but I'll go into more detail here: Two different computers (a MacBook Pro and a custom-made PC,) two different OSs (macOS X for the MacBook Pro and Windows 7 for the PC) several different download sites (MEGA and nopy) and different unzipping programs (The Unarchiver for the MacBook Pro and 7-Zip on the PC.)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
As I stated, but I'll go into more detail here: Two different computers (a MacBook Pro and a custom-made PC,) two different OSs (macOS X for the MacBook Pro and Windows 7 for the PC) several different download sites (MEGA and nopy) and different unzipping programs (The Unarchiver for the MacBook Pro and 7-Zip on the PC.)
The "standard procedure" in such a case is:

Get for Mac and try to test or extract again.​
Get the latest (msi installer recommended) for your Windows PC and test or try to extract again.​
In case it still fails, deactivate your antivirus and/or malware detector for the time you're running 7-Zip test or extracting the archive. Also, check your AV logs (if there are any).​
In case it still throws an error, download the game again while AV is disabled and test/extract again. I downloaded from Mega and that zip is totally fine, tested with 7-Zip.​
Always keep your archivers up-to-date!​

Executables of the game have been tested on 59 AV engines on VirusTotal to be clean, just a few AV's may have false positives on Ren'Py and other common indie game engines (the usual suspects are Microsoft and Jiangmin that bitches on almost everything you throw at it, sometimes McAfee).

Reactions: Walt Dee

ilon55

Jan 11, 2019
MC finally has sex with Haley and the dev decide to kill the mood with a shitty story with a math teacher. I can't believe it. Congratulations, dev, congratulations... What a wonderful own goal.
If she was my sis I would crush this bastard's balls... literally. He should rot in jail for child sexual abuse or for something really worse. Rape victims often swear that nothing happened that they didn't want to happen. It's a psychological defense mechanism.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes