215303j

I know that when I have talked to people about my own similar experience, most people have gone to some lengths to convince me that it was wrong & that I was taken advantage of & victimized.
Thanks for sharing your story and perspective.

Although I do guess it's still (despite the feminist revolution) different for boys than for girls, but the and result is the same: you lost your virginity to an older, more experienced person who was also in some kind of power relationship with you.

All sexual abuse guidelines would agree that that is almost the definition of statutory rape.

On the other hand, I would argue that if somebody doesn't feel like a victim there is no point in convincing him or her that he/she is actually a victim and should go into therapy and what not.

Just out of curiousity: did you ever hear any other rumours about that teacher? Or were you the only one?

If it were a pattern, then maybe reporting it may have been a good idea, because you may not have regrets but others might have. Anyway, it's a long time ago...

And of course from the perspective of a parent or sibling, it's a completely different story.

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
Thanks for sharing your story and perspective.

Although I do guess it's still (despite the feminist revolution) different for boys than for girls, but the and result is the same: you lost your virginity to an older, more experienced person who was also in some kind of power relationship with you.

All sexual abuse guidelines would agree that that is almost the definition of statutory rape.

On the other hand, I would argue that if somebody doesn't feel like a victim there is no point in convincing him or her that he/she is actually a victim and should go into therapy and what not.

Just out of curiousity: did you ever hear any other rumours about that teacher? Or were you the only one?

If it were a pattern, then maybe reporting it may have been a good idea, because you may not have regrets but others might have. Anyway, it's a long time ago...

And of course from the perspective of a parent or sibling, it's a completely different story.
During the remaining 8 months that I was at the school, I never heard about anyone else.
We did get together on a semi regular basis until I left the school.
Then I moved out of the area.
Looking back, I struggle to believe that I was that special so there probably were others.
I did eventually hear that she married another teacher at the same school....

arms99

May 11, 2018
I'm curious, is it possible to not be in a relationship with Haley?

I keep wanting to check it out, but every time I play I find myself unable to not be nice to her.

Reactions: Freezer14

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I find it hard that you will be able to simply get out of a relationship with Haley anytime soon, unless you are able to skip all her scenes, which would probably annoy people that are doing it for having little to no content for them to play

Haley is like Alexandra, and both are like Mary, them are integral to the story and you probably will only be able to break with them at the very last moment. Most VNs have a main route and choices lead to small side routes, if it's not like that it becomes a nightmare to develop, even more since this game doesn't use sprites like Japanese VNs that have multiple routes with some unique CGs in each path

like you can't really ditch D in favor of any other girl in DmD, you can have low points which brings limitations, but you still have the relationship with her as the main girl

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm curious, is it possible to not be in a relationship with Haley?

I keep wanting to check it out, but every time I play I find myself unable to not be nice to her.
As gestved said, there is no way around having the MC and Haley together... yet. There is absolutely no option that would have avoided the ending sex and confession in the last release (short of not playing it). It is straight-line coded into the script.

Just as there is no way of not having a relationship between the MC and Sandra... yet. But at least that route has options that can lower that relationship, if desired. And a true breakup between them is at least foreseeable.

However, it would seem to me that the developer has laid the groundwork for the MC to go in several ways: with Haley, with Sandra, or even with someone else. Will it be forced, or will we have the choice? We don't know that yet. I'm hoping for choice. But I too doubt that complete resolution will come much before the end of the game.

It is, of course, interesting, but perhaps futile, to speculate what would happen to Haley, if the MC leaves her, which he has sworn he will never do - at least not as her protective brother, if not as her lover.

Haley: "You did promise that you wouldn't leave me, no matter what."
MC: "I know."

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
As I stated, but I'll go into more detail here: Two different computers (a MacBook Pro and a custom-made PC,) two different OSs (macOS X for the MacBook Pro and Windows 7 for the PC) several different download sites (MEGA and nopy) and different unzipping programs (The Unarchiver for the MacBook Pro and 7-Zip on the PC.)
The "standard procedure" in such a case is:

Get for Mac and try to test or extract again.​
Get the latest (msi installer recommended) for your Windows PC and test or try to extract again.​
In case it still fails, deactivate your antivirus and/or malware detector for the time you're running 7-Zip test or extracting the archive. Also, check your AV logs (if there are any).​
In case it still throws an error, download the game again while AV is disabled and test/extract again. I downloaded from Mega and that zip is totally fine, tested with 7-Zip.​
Always keep your archivers up-to-date!​

Executables of the game have been tested on 59 AV engines on VirusTotal to be clean, just a few AV's may have false positives on Ren'Py and other common indie game engines (the usual suspects are Microsoft and Jiangmin that bitches on almost everything you throw at it, sometimes McAfee).
I disagree. It's a zip file - use the system's zip tool. I always use Archive Utility on my Mac.

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
I disagree. It's a zip file - use the system's zip tool. I always use Archive Utility on my Mac.
I use Microsoft Security Essentials for the PC and Kaspersky for the Mac. I'll try on the PC after turning off MSE temporarily.

Apr 15, 2019
JESUS!

I know VNs have a main route that has to be taken, but my god is Haley even more infuriating than Melody.

I didn't mind the Sandra route but by no means am I a fan of her's. The only two girls even halfway attractive is Haley's boss and our neighbor. Alas, nothing will ever come from either of those two paths. One is married and the other is courting another guy. So our character is essentially a booty call for the only decent romances.

Haley is downright insufferable! She forces her way into everything! There's not one redeeming quality to her, and this update only reinforced my opinion. Her personality goes between vindictive and manipulator. Even when things go her way, she somehow fucks it up. I honestly believe our mother sees Haley for who she truly is. Probably why she's so cold to her and already emptied out her room. No one is in Haley's corner except our dumbasses.

This game has already shot itself in the foot, but it has two options.

1: Stop railroading the player into shitty relationships with terrible characters and flesh out the decent ones.

Or

2: Keep the status quo and watch the shit show.

PS Haley has the flattest ass known to man.

Last edited:

arms99

May 11, 2018
Haley is downright insufferable! She forces her way into everything! There's not one redeeming quality to her, and this update only reinforced my opinion. Her personality goes between vindictive and manipulator. Even when things go her way, she somehow fucks it up. I honestly believe our mother sees Haley for who she truly is. Probably why she's so cold to her and already emptied out her room. No one is in Haley's corner except our dumbasses.
Man, this is so not the right game for you. As the name implies the entire game is based on Haley and all the other characters are just window dressing. So, if you’re not a fan of Haley’s character, there isn’t much here for you. I’d recommend checking out a game like “becoming a Rockstar” where you have several romanceable characters to cater to different tastes as well as a bunch side characters.

Having said that, I personally couldn’t disagree with you more. I love Haley’s character, I found her to be charming, witty, intelligent, adorable, pretty. In my opinion the dev put a lot effort developing her character, she’s one of my favorite characters of any game at the moment. On the other hand, I found all the other characters in the game to be very 2 dimensional, devoid of any real depth. For me Haley is a star, and the only reason I’m a patron. But, I guess we all have different tastes.

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
Having said that, I personally couldn’t disagree with you more. I love Haley’s character, I found her to be charming, witty, intelligent, adorable, pretty.
None of those traits contradict what RaijinStormBlessed said about her being vindictive and manipulative (at times). On the contrary even, they often go hand in hand. Until the story is finished I would refrain from raising any statues in her honour just yet.

Rodzaju

Dec 25, 2018
Sry lad,

But if you not calling your wife "Miss G." during sex, your case Is irrelevant..
A girl I used to live with (very much in the past, but after these events) did try to engineer a meeting between us & Miss G during a school reunion.
For better or worse, Miss G did not appear.

Whatever, I do relate to Haley & it makes me feel invested in this story.

I am both excited and nervous about how it is going & begging dev not to let me down...

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'd say lust :love:
Lust is a good choice, but I'd place Haley in the 7th terrace of Purgatory (also for lust). Redemption is possible. :D

Now Klaus, without having any further mitigating information, I would place in the 8th circle of Hell (fraud). Within that circle he goes into the first trench (panderers and seducers).

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I don't get it.
Lust is the second circle of the Inferno, or am I missing something?

People there were overcome by lust in life, sure, and even though Dante considers them to be one of the least heinous sinners they are still being punished. Violent winds throw them back and forth and prevent them from finding any peace. Why would you do that to your beloved Haley?

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes