ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
You have one view of this game. Mine appears to be diametrically opposed to yours in many aspects. So be it.
I think that our views were probably very much in line before this update. I have never tried to change anyone's opinion on a story before. I have said in other posts on other topics it's like trying to convince someone that the color red is better than the color blue. Your posts are well thought out so I just want to give you something to think about. I am not sure how you can defend that this was a good update especially when you compare to all the previous updates. The story was great as a romantic comedy and out of nowhere comes this rape element. If the characters had behaved in a consistent manner, MC would have offered the bed to Haley. The developers wanted Haley sneaking into MC room's (like her fantasy) so the offer was omitted. A very minor point, but it shows that getting from point A to point B was more important the the logic involved in getting there. For a much larger example, Haley is hiding a dark secret from her past; yet she is the one who wants to take a trip down memory lane. The secret involves having sex with a teacher so of course she wants to go to the school. Arguably she may have also had some good memories of her time at school, but the only one she comes up with is the story about MC's ex-girlfriend. While in the school it would have been the perfect time to foreshadow the upcoming revelation. MC could have pointed out a picture of Mr. Klaus or Mr. Klaus' old classroom to which Haley could have displayed some negative emotion. But the writing was lazy and the story rushed so there was no such finesse. The entire update was spent with the developers spending the entire time pounding a square peg into a round hole (no sexual innuendo intended.) My hope is that the writers regain some of their previous skills going forward because it will be disaster if they try to resolve the Klaus issue with the level of competency displayed in the last update.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Since I no longer support this project, I can't check on Discord to see the reaction to the last update. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was as much of a negative reaction as there was here. On the Patreon page the few reactions posted all seemed to be positive except for mine.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
There wasn't. A lot of anti-Klaus aggro posturing, but the reaction was generally quite positive.
That's what I thought. I'm not sure that I have ever seen a negative comment other than my own on any Patreon page and my guess was that the people posting on Discord were the same people posting on Patreon.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That's what I thought. I'm not sure that I have ever seen a negative comment other than my own on any Patreon page and my guess was that the people posting on Discord were the same people posting on Patreon.
Isn't that a given if you have to be a Patron to post on his Channel?

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I think you are reading too many of these comments here friend, she isn't nearly as bad they present her...

The dev just made us all mad/frustrated with what he did last update...
Made some people mad.

I was not bothered in the slightest by the story. I've found it entirely enjoyable and nothing about the big reveal changed that for me.

Reactions: Walter Victor

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Isn't that a given if you have to be a Patron to post on his Channel?
A given that the same people have the opportunity to post but not that the same ones post on both venues. Given the number of people that support some of these projects, it surprises me how few posts are on the Patreon pages. These posts are also very short, usually only one sentence. I thought that there might me more discussion on Discord.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A given that the same people have the opportunity to post but not that the same ones post on both venues. Given the number of people that support some of these projects, it surprises me how few posts are on the Patreon pages. These posts are also very short, usually only one sentence. I thought that there might me more discussion on Discord.
Discord makes it easy to post and respond. It was built for that. It's not as easy as on F95, but it's much easier than on Patreon, which is why chatter on Patreon has decreased significantly over the past year or so. There used to be tons of posts and responses and arguments on Patreon. Now it's mostly used for announcements, previews and polls by the developers. The responses are mostly perfunctory. I sometimes ask a question of a developer there. I don't go to Discord anymore. It takes too much time to weed through everything to find something worth reading. At least for me. Now I spend my free time playing games and commenting here.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Discord makes it easy to post and respond. It was built for that. It's not as easy as on F95, but it's much easier than on Patreon, which is why chatter on Patreon has decreased significantly over the past year or so. There used to be tons of posts and responses and arguments on Patreon. Now it's mostly used for announcements, previews and polls by the developers. The responses are mostly perfunctory. I sometimes ask a question of a developer there. I don't go to Discord anymore. It takes too much time to weed through everything to find something worth reading. At least for me. Now I spend my free time playing games and commenting here.
The problem is the developers go to Discord and ignore the conversation here. To me it's a little like only listening to the people that have already bought your product and not to those that might. I know that a developer will never make every one happy, but it might be useful to see how comments are trending; at least if the money is a concern.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The problem is the developers go to Discord and ignore the conversation here. To me it's a little like only listening to the people that have already bought your product and not to those that might. I know that a developer will never make every one happy, but it might be useful to see how comments are trending; at least if the money is a concern.
I agree, especially at the beginning of a game. But time is a valuable resource. This thread is up to 219 pages, over 4300 posts. Being a DIK is currently at 1375 pages, nearly 27,500 posts. For some developers it becomes impossible to keep up with what we say on all platforms.

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
I dont believe that this Is True despite their sayings. For someone making 5k a month in patreon i can see it plausible but even if thats the case its still weird. In my understanding the vast majority of devs were introduced to adults gaming through this forum. Many of them were highly energetic Members As fans or players in here before deciding to jump to Game development.

You can see even 10k Members loged in here at the same time. For a New dev a low rating in here can fuck up his game prospects (although i find the rating system in here highly problematic, with New Games even in demo state harshly rated, or some known dev constantly and suspiciously overated and Overboosted).

Viitgames for example Is a New dev, this Is his first game, former Fan and player. If not from here then from where to get feedback?

Some people suggest that devs should have a plan from start and follow that no matter what. Still not a General rule. I have seen developers fucking up their Games, ignoring feedback and stickings to the plan, csuse the initial plan was bad. Also seen devs adjusting their plan according to fanbase desires or reactions and Also fucking it up.
If there Is a General rule applied Is that most developers have an initial plan regarding first chapters. After that either no plan or just a generic structure. In most cases the storys progression and dialoques are decided and written on the spot between updates(in the case of this game i can see Many mistakes, logic gaps, and character inconcistencies in Last update, concidering its a Major story turning point, to be Well thought and designed As a part of an initial plan)

Second developer of this game Is a Well established one. As a developers He has some distinctive characteristics.

1) Extremlly high ratings(my thought on ratings are above)
2) Medium commercial succes in his products. He Is devoloping 2 Games on his own and codevoloping 3 atm. Those 5 Games combined add to about 1k supporters in patreon which Is good but not stellar. Haley's story Is by far the most succesfull atm (and by far a better game till now from the rest in my opinion)
3) His Games are slow paced and Well written. Always more story oriented than fapping oriented. In my opinion again Haley story while retaining the same principals was a far better game till Last update. The difference was so huge i couldnt even tell the second dev was involved. (until Last update which in my opinion was 100% ptolemy style)
4) He kinda seems to always stick to the initial plan in his Games.
5) All of his Games till now have suffered from mid story fatique. He hasnt been able to avoid decline of interest or supporters at the second half of his Games.
But..
Because running so Many projects in the same time, although if one of his Games declines He can always put his attention in another one being in early growth stages or launch a New one. In such way He kinda manages to retain his total supporters in the same spot, without the loss of income from a single source affecting him so much.

At the same time Haley had sex for the first time, Alexandra had Also sex for the first time. For anyone seeking to find any patterns on problematic first time sex scenes between storys Alexandra was feeling pain, blocking her for enjoying it that much. MC just creamped her, withought her coming to an orgasm.

At the other game with an incest theme ptolemy dev atm the General description Is the following (havent played it for quite a time so pls correct me if wrong).
Daughter pursues father. Escalates to first time sex. Daughter changes approach of things and drifts appart from father. Mother breaks up with father. Mother Fucks random dude. Father Is playing his Dick while sad violin tunes are echoing in the backround atm.

In conclusion.
Dev should always pay attention to feedback. If one of them has no reasons to do so, the other one has all the reasons.
Dont wonna see MC playing his Dick in coming updates.

And most important..
Dont know if it was viitgames involvment and Role that made this a unique game till Last update or ptolemy having an epiphany.

In either case, viitgames should continue in this type of involvment that make this a far better Game from rest of ptolemys team or ptolemy should continue his epiphany (or putting extra care in this project).

Reactions: Freezer14

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I dont believe that this Is True despite their sayings. For someone making 5k a month in patreon i can see it plausible but even if thats the case its still weird. In my understanding the vast majority of devs were introduced to adults gaming through this forum. Many of them were highly energetic Members As fans or players in here before deciding to jump to Game development.

You can see even 10k Members loged in here at the same time. For a New dev a low rating in here can fuck up his game prospects (although i find the rating system in here highly problematic, with New Games even in demo state harshly rated, or some known dev constantly and suspiciously overated and Overboosted).

Viitgames for example Is a New dev, this Is his first game, former Fan and player. If not from here then from where to get feedback?

Some people suggest that devs should have a plan from start and follow that no matter what. Still not a General rule. I have seen developers fucking up their Games, ignoring feedback and stickings to the plan, csuse the initial plan was bad. Also seen devs adjusting their plan according to fanbase desires or reactions and Also fucking it up.
If there Is a General rule applied Is that most developers have an initial plan regarding first chapters. After that either no plan or just a generic structure. In most cases the storys progression and dialoques are decided and written on the spot between updates(in the case of this game i can see Many mistakes, logic gaps, and character inconcistencies in Last update, concidering its a Major story turning point, to be Well thought and designed As a part of an initial plan)

Second developer of this game Is a Well established one. As a developers He has some distinctive characteristics.

2) Medium commercial succes in his products. He Is devoloping 2 Games on his own and codevoloping 3 atm. Those 5 Games combined add to about 1k supporters in patreon which Is good but not stellar. Haley's story Is by far the most succesfull atm (and by far a better game till now from the rest in my opinion)
3) His Games are slow paced and Well written. Always more story oriented than fapping oriented. In my opinion again Haley story while retaining the same principals was a far better game till Last update. The difference was so huge i couldnt even tell the second dev was involved. (until Last update which in my opinion was 100% ptolemy style)
5) All of his Games till now have suffered from mid story fatique. He hasnt been able to avoid decline of interest or supporters at the second half of his Games.
But..
Because running so Many projects in the same time, although if one of his Games declines He can always put his attention in another one being in early growth stages or launch a New one. In such way He kinda manages to retain his total supporters in the same spot, without the loss of income from a single source affecting him so much.

At the same time Haley had sex for the first time, Alexandra had Also sex for the first time. For anyone seeking to find any patterns on problematic first time sex scenes between storys Alexandra was feeling pain, blocking her for enjoying it that much. MC just creamped her, withought her coming to an orgasm.

At the other game with an incest theme ptolemy dev atm the General description Is the following (havent played it for quite a time so pls correct me if wrong).
Daughter pursues father. Escalates to first time sex. Daughter changes approach of things and drifts appart from father. Mother breaks up with father. Mother Fucks random dude. Father Is playing his Dick while sad violin tunes are echoing in the backround atm.

In conclusion.
Dev should always pay attention to feedback. If one of them has no reasons to do so, the other one has all the reasons.

And most important..
Dont know if it was viitgames involvment and Role that made this a unique game till Last update or ptolemy having an epiphany.

In either case, viitgames should continue in this type of involvment that make this a far better Game from rest of ptolemys team or ptolemy should continue his epiphany (or putting extra care in this project).
Viitgames himself told me that he avoids the discussion on this site. He said that he got that advice from other developers.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018

But..

In conclusion.

And most important..

Viit and Pto both have input on the story, but Viit is the lead writer. In my opinion this is the key for the success of this game so far. I've never been a big fan of Ptolemy's work. I think after a certain time his games tend take a nose dive and I hope it does not happen with this one. DoD was great and I feel he didn't take the next step and evolve after that, like other developers did.

Also, I don't think developers paying attention to a single source for feedback is a good idea. It creates an echo chamber and that can't be good, unless you have a huge backing and you don't have to bother expanding your fanbase and growing your monthly income.

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
Agree with you 100%.
Dialoques are the biggest asset of this game and are not ptolemy's style in any way.

Untill Last update. Dont know if they were some ptolemy dialoques in there, or ptolemy made a very restrictve game frame, crambing too much game twisting events in one update, that the writer couldnt keep up delivering in his usual standards.

The after sex scene was so rushed that i am amazed when people cant see the poor dialoques, or the poor characters defined by the dialoques in that scene.

My main concern Is if this game will return to be a viitgames game, or after the 100% ptolemy's style Last update, will continue in a typical ptolemy's style.

Ptolemy will continue having the same amount of supporters or the same income As a developers or as a codeveloper either way.

Yesterday launched the 6th game he Is envolved with!!!

And yes in typical ptolemy's style, every first time sex scene between protagonists Is always problematic, and if MC ends up playing his dick alone in next updates it has happened before.

This Is a unique game, and must be treated that way from both viitgames and ptolemy.

I am saying this in the most polite way i can.
I dont give a fuck about alexandra, or intimate relations

Reactions: Freezer14
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes