ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I think most of those are easily explained.
- She has only had sex with 2 people, but she fucked them a lot (maybe one more than the other). "Fucks a lot" doesn't necessarily mean she "Fucks with a lot of people".
Alternatively, she's embelishing her history to stoke her brothers sense of jealously hoping that will push him over the edge and admit his feelings.

People lie about their experiences a lot. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hailey has had exactly 2 partners and not that much experience to boast about. Not saying she's a virgin or dismissing the known prior relationships but that doesn't mean it's not possible that the teacher was all of twice along side her ex.

Architect04

Jul 27, 2018
So just getting on the game as of this last release the story does seem to have shifted a fair amount from the start.

The bathroom story was odd, The Klaus thing is odd, The mom is odd, Haleys shift in attitude/Mood is odd.

The bathroom story - Why would she be guarding the ex-gf of her brother who she has been in love with since they were young. Why would she stay around her, Why would she help her? My guess, It was altered. It was Haley doing it as a way of controlling her urges for MC and being frustrated and got caught. Could be a reason why the mom treats her different.

So lets go to the Mom - I thought it was weird how she acted but to see her room completely gone was really weird. My guess, At some point the kids were caught while they were younger doing something "sexual". Maybe it was just Haley, Maybe she was sneaking into MCs room and doing something. Maybe she just opened up to her mom about her feelings and it created a rift. Or to make the story even more complex the mom has some incestrual feeling towards her son and thats why the marriage is rocky.

The Klaus thing is odd because of how she acts - She brought it up so casually after sex but wont talk about it anymore. Rape? Probable. Maybe how it came about? She was obviously dating Nick because he was a doppelganger fat version of MC to try and repress feeling. Maybe she opened up to her teacher/tutor because she felt he was the only she could and this became blackmail or some how used as a opening to use sexual advances on her till the rape? Another reason the mom and her have a rift? Thats a bit of a stretch as the dad didnt seem upset at the mention of it and the guy is free and still lives in town.

Then her mood/attitude - She was always kinda flirty/sexual to a point with him. But then again she was trying to force him into this relationship with Sandra, I assume to try to forget him, But then almost as soon as they start dating she makes her advances. She is then ok with MC going out to find a prostitute with Lucy, Ok with Diana showing her pole skills and tits to MC, Fine with the notation of you being the bosses "Boy Toy" if you did that. She is ok with him being fuck buddies with anyone but still wants him to never leave her. She is like weirdly manipulative of him but also submissive to him at the same time. Maybe this is due to the "rape" and treatment from the mom that has her in this weird kinda split personality type situation.

IDK just my guess/theories on the story first time through the other night. I will say I have fully enjoyed it all, Its a nice change of pace to almost every other game that has to deal with Magic/Demons/Strange Powers. Anyone that made it to the end of this post got any other games similar?

Reactions: Lestra

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
IDK just my guess/theories on the story first time through the other night. I will say I have fully enjoyed it all, Its a nice change of pace to almost every other game that has to deal with Magic/Demons/Strange Powers. Anyone that made it to the end of this post got any other games similar?
Just look for the other games by Ptlomey, they all have roughly the same quality of story/build up.
If you're explicitly looking for similar incest but non-magic/demon then try Sins of the Father / Freeloading Family / Sisterly Lust / Parental Love.

Reactions: Architect04

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
When did I say that it OK for men but not women? did you not read the bit about how I also got the bug where if you go with Adriana without being in a relationship it treats it as if you where in one?

If you are promiscuous male or female you are the community bike, my brother was a total man whore that would stick his dick in anything he could and I never agreed with it or did it myself even turning down his numerous offers to "set me up with sluts" because that is not what I like.

Now, having had multiple partners is the used car in that analogy but "fucking around" and giving blow jobs for cash is a community bike because "everyone's had a ride", their is nothing wrong with this in itself, if it is what you agreed to but if you find out after the fact that its not just a few ex-partners but a train of Johns then it is different because its a lie by omission.

To use the car analogy again, its one thing is the seller is honest about the miles the car has done its another if they've fucked with the odometer to mislead you on its mileage.

But ignoring all that I don't really give a single fuck if it make your blood boil, good and evil, right and wrong are in just social constructs with no evidence of them being objective universal truths, so the rightness or wrongness of an action is relative to the values of the individual and society.

Human beings are animal and all animals are biological self-replicating machines, humans as organic machines ware down over time, its why tilers get fucked knees and bricklayers fucked backs, at the end of the day life itself is just a self propagating chemical reaction powered by the sun.
Promiscuity does not make a person some form of used transport. That kind of terminology and outlook on sex is outdated and gross. Excluding those in the sex industry, so what if someone has had multiple sexual partners? It tells me absolutely nothing about a person other than they enjoy sex and possibly have commitment issues. It doesn't make them a bad person in any way because who they are is more important than what they've done, in this regard. To denigrate a person in such a way reflects far more poorly on the person doing the denigrating than the person being denigrated.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Can only go from personal experience and when my cousin (mothers brothers daughter) was abused by her step father everyone in the family knew about it, just like when my other cousin (fathers sisters daughter) was abused by the neighbour everyone in the family knew about it.

Other cousin (mothers sisters son) in rehab? everyone knows, sisters abortion? everyone knows, my uncles "not daughter" aka the daughter from a fling that he wants nothing to do with, everybody knows, some people don't accept the idea secrets in the family for any reason, a lie by omission is still a lie.
Well, that all sounds horrible. Your family knew but did nothing? How shitty is that?

This horror story aside, the culture of silence and repression is far more common in society, particularly when it comes to issues of sex. Abuse victims are generally too traumatised to say anything and whilst some people might recognise that something is wrong, they will never know for sure until that person is ready to say/do something or they intervene.

The notion that "some people don't accept the idea of secrets in the family for any reason" seems like a very harsh stance because oftentimes we keep secrets from our family to not only to protect them but mainly ourselves, and forcing someone to reveal something traumatic because of a belief that families shouldn't have secrets sounds very cruel and uncaring.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
The game is called Haley's Story and these people want to be able to avoid Haley. :unsure:
This in combination with incest is stupid, but other than that you could have a game about Haley without having to be in any kind of relationship with her. Just the brother-sister thing without love and sex, just being an observer kind of thing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Ton of typos in this update, but I liked the continuation of the story.
There is a new script that corrects most of those typos. Apparently the wrong version of ep13.rpy was uploaded. The fix is on Patreon and is in one of the earlier posts here.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Why do I still really like this game? [As if anyone but me gives a shit! :)]

I have on a couple of occasions remarked that in no other game have I found two protagonists that have drawn me in so thoroughly. I completely empathized with Haley and the MC.

Then along comes v0.55, and I discover the person (Haley) I have been so invested in has had something awful happen to her in the past; her first sex was with an authority figure for God's sake; statutory rape in most jurisdictions!

I am devastated! But rather than quitting the game in disgust, or withdrawing my paltry financial support, I am even more connected to Haley and the MC... and the game itself. I desperately want to see how they can overcome this near-overwhelming obstacle. And I hope that my game choices will facilitate their acceptance of what really happened, and lead to a happy outcome - i.e. they are still together in every possible manner, physically, emotionally, and sexually.

I might become disappointed at the end of the game. I have no history with Viitgames to fall back on. But I trust Ptolemy. While I have found problems with several of his games, I have enjoyed all of them, and in none of them has there been a dark ending that couldn't be avoided.

So, I'm still all in! [Your results may vary. ;)]

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This is ultimately the core of my issue, she not a "new" person and she has been hiding things for years, it would be one thing if she was openly promiscuous or a new acquaintance with an unknown past but too have hidden it from MC for years makes her untrustworthy In My Personal Opinion causing me to doubt her claim that it wasn't her in the WC.

Its why Sandra not telling the MC of her past is a non-issue, shes "new" and what happened before meeting is history but that doesn't apply with Haley because it wasn't "history" when it happened and the MC was there.
Got any siblings? Do you know down to the last detail what they been doing when it comes to who they been with and what they been doing with them? Doubt it. Wouldn't make them any more untrustworthy if you knew or not. It's down to privacy right? People share what they feel like sharing, and when to share. If you the kind of person that run through life as a open book and share everything and anything of what you been doing, congratulations, you must be quite unique.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Got any siblings? Do you know down to the last detail what they been doing when it comes to who they been with and what they been doing with them? Doubt it. Wouldn't make them any more untrustworthy if you knew or not. It's down to privacy right? People share what they feel like sharing, and when to share. If you the kind of person that run through life as a open book and share everything and anything of what you been doing, congratulations, you must be quite unique.
Truth.

I only recently found out that my sibling was sexually assualted at college.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Alfius and Ragnar

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

I have on a couple of occasions remarked that in no other game have I found two protagonists that have drawn me in so thoroughly. I completely empathized with Haley and the MC.

Then along comes v0.55, and I discover the person (Haley) I have been so invested in has had something awful happen to her in the past; her first sex was with an authority figure for God's sake; statutory rape in most jurisdictions!

I am devastated! But rather than quitting the game in disgust, or withdrawing my paltry financial support, I am even more connected to Haley and the MC... and the game itself. I desperately want to see how they can overcome this near-overwhelming obstacle. And I hope that my game choices will facilitate their acceptance of what really happened, and lead to a happy outcome - i.e. they are still together in every possible manner, physically, emotionally, and sexually.

I might become disappointed at the end of the game. I have no history with Viitgames to fall back on. But I trust Ptolemy. While I have found problems with several of his games, I have enjoyed all of them, and in none of them has there been a dark ending that couldn't be avoided.

How dare they develop the characters with more background story and give them more "meat on the bones" right? There is enough games around that characters just have a glossy surface and it's all about a merry-go-round all fuckfest, and no one care. If any, imho you end up more interested in how deep the rabbit hole go.

If a player/reader end up put someone on a pedestal of purity without know any of their background, and then go all upset when they find out things, that is on them and not the creator/story writer.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And an insufferable bore! :D
Imagine, go on a date with someone and then you spill the beans on everything and anything you done up to that point. Doubt you would get a follow up one. Even in a relationship there is things you don't necessary want to share with your significant other. And there is things your partner done you don't want to necessary know about either. I seen a lot of relationships gone bad due to jealously and insecurity.

When it comes to siblings and other relatives, I would respect their privacy as I want them to respect mine. If someone wanted to share something fine, but that is on them and not for me to ask about, other than sometimes you might find yourself in the situation of ask if something is wrong, and if you can help.

Reactions: Walter Victor

arms99

May 11, 2018

I agree, I still really like this game and Haley is still one of my favorite LI. And though I don’t know about viitgames, I have played pto work and based on that I’m hoping/expecting that the game will end on good note. And hence I'm still all in.

Having said that, I still wish they kept the games light hearted feel. Personally, I really don’t feel that the drama was at all necessary and was out of character with the game thus far. I can understand if the MC and Haley were not related, they would need some kind of plot twist to keep the game going after they connected. But the fact that they are siblings in a relationship is more than enough drama to keep the game going for many updates, without having to add these darker themes. I wish they had taken a page out of pto other game “dreaming of dana”. After all, half that game was MC and Dana trying to create a way to be together after they had come to terms with their feelings, without having to resort to all this extra drama.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
Its kind of hard to judge whether this suits the themes and overall arc of the game without seeing it in its completed state. If everything we've played up until this point was all just exposition for a a large and detailed story with drama and light hearted interactions thrown in then we might grow to appreciate everything as its developed. On the same note if the game ends the next update then yeah this was some fuckery. I really enjoy this game so until it starts going out of its way to personally attack me I'm going to trust in where it goes and enjoy the rides high and low.

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
As I figured this Mr. Klaus situation isn't going anywhere anytime soon, I don't see this ending well. I guess as a fan I should prepare myself like I did for Acting Lessons. The light-hearted feel is no more. I'm putting myself solely in the MC shoes, and while their little outing/panic seemed lovely it was hard to enjoy it knowing the feeling that the MC must be going through. Yeah, he's smiling on the outside but he's obviously troubled by this situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesieboy56

215303j

I think most of those are easily explained.
I'm not saying it can't be easily explained.
The moon landing (which as everybody knows happened only in a Hollywood studio ;)) can also be explained. (no I don't really believe that)
I'm just saying that Haley is IMHO not being entirely truthful and the ultimate truth can be quite different from what she's telling us.

Well, that all sounds horrible. Your family knew but did nothing? How shitty is that?
That's not what JesterHell said. He said that they knew, not that they did or didn't "do something".

Regarding family secrets in general, I guess it's up to the family. Some are very closed-up, others are quite open about things that happened in the past. It depends... Personally I think the openness that the family of JesterHell is quite commendable.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes