Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I'm just going to say it, I think it's either an attempt to milk this game, or the dev's incompetency in writing a story, or both.

Milking the game because the game at the current part still has plenty of things to sort out (e.g.: Haley still hasn't broken up with the boyfriend, MC still with Sandra, the outcome of MC-Sandra breaking up in relation to how the uncle/boss will react, etc) but the game started up a completely new plot point one year into the development.

Incompetency in writing a story because the other plot points are still going on and nowhere near their conclusion, yet they're starting a new plot point that feels completely different than what they have been doing so far. The existing plot points are pretty basic as they are, yet they are going to be further put aside as the new plot will take over the game.

This is just straight up poor storytelling. With a competent writer, Haley could've been a Hall of Fame level type of character. It's really a shame such good character is wasted on poor story.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I'm just going to say it, I think it's either an attempt to milk this game, or the dev's incompetency in writing a story, or both.

Milking the game because the game at the current part still has plenty of things to sort out (e.g.: Haley still hasn't broken up with the boyfriend, MC still with Sandra, the outcome of MC-Sandra breaking up in relation to how the uncle/boss will react, etc) but the game started up a completely new plot point one year into the development.

Incompetency in writing a story because the other plot points are still going on and nowhere near their conclusion, yet they're starting a new plot point that feels completely different than what they have been doing so far. The existing plot points are pretty basic as they are, yet they are going to be further put aside as the new plot will take over the game.

This is just straight up poor storytelling. With a competent writer, Haley could've been a Hall of Fame level type of character. It's really a shame such good character is wasted on poor story.
Most of your story complaints are actually set up this chapter and vary depending on your previously made choices.
I've run into 3 different dialogues about how the MC/Hailey/Adrianna/Sandra stuff is going. Perhaps you're not reading and just skipping....Or just soapboxing.

Also the writing here isn't incompetent. You want to see what incompetent writing looks like just go search for the game Pinky Swear it's on here.

Finally, the story isn't anywhere near it's resolution and you're willing to cast this kinda judgement becuase you got a touch of reality and your feels got hurt ? Like maybe the writing is better than you think since it's emotionally damaged you this hard.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

Right! I guess I just like 'poor storytelling' then.

Oh, about 'Milking the game'. I just love it when posters level this charge here on F95. THIS IS A PIRATE SITE! Most people here download the game for free. They are not being 'milked'. As for the developer's Patrons, they (like myself) vote with their pocketbooks. Since Viitgame's Patrons and revenue have increased lately, it would seem like us cows rather enjoy how we are being milked. The marketplace will determine whether this game is successful financially. Not you.

It is your right to voice your opinion here, and to vent your spleen. Just don't expect everyone to welcome your harsh criticisms of a game they like without voicing their own opinions in response.

So, I guess you will be off to play some game that you feel is worthy of your attention, and leave this one (and us) alone.

Good luck!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I think the story is great so far, Haley was a flawed character since the beginning, she is manipulative and has an insane fixation with her sibling. What makes this game more believable than most incest games around is her past, case in point Haley is damaged hence the incest happening. Now I understand why some people don't like this and feel tricked by the devs but storywise makes sense.
What I don't like is being forced into Sandra even if you can avoid sex with her, the same why I don't like being forced into sex with Haley even if you don't feel anything for her. Give us the option to choose.

Last edited:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Why do I still really like this game? [As if anyone but me gives a shit! :)]

I have on a couple of occasions remarked that in no other game have I found two protagonists that have drawn me in so thoroughly. I completely empathized with Haley and the MC.

Then along comes v0.55, and I discover the person (Haley) I have been so invested in has had something awful happen to her in the past; her first sex was with an authority figure for God's sake; statutory rape in most jurisdictions!

I am devastated! But rather than quitting the game in disgust, or withdrawing my paltry financial support, I am even more connected to Haley and the MC... and the game itself. I desperately want to see how they can overcome this near-overwhelming obstacle. And I hope that my game choices will facilitate their acceptance of what really happened, and lead to a happy outcome - i.e. they are still together in every possible manner, physically, emotionally, and sexually.

I might become disappointed at the end of the game. I have no history with Viitgames to fall back on. But I trust Ptolemy. While I have found problems with several of his games, I have enjoyed all of them, and in none of them has there been a dark ending that couldn't be avoided.

So, I'm still all in! [Your results may vary. ;)]
I echo so much of this sentiment. Personally, I would not have continued digging around in the past. But the MC doing it is also understandable to me.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I think the story is great so far, Haley was a flawed character since the beginning, she is manipulative and have a insane fixation with her sibling. What makes this game more believable than most incest games around is her past, case in point Haley is damaged hence the incest happening. Now I understand why some people don't like this and feel tricked by the devs but storywise makes sense.
What I don't like is being forced into Sandra even if you can avoid sex with her, the same why I don't like being forced into sex with Haley even if you don't feel anything for her. Give us the option to choose.
Okay, I'm curious now. If you don't like either Sandra or Haley, is there someone else you enjoy sex scenes with? And isn't there an awful lot of this game that doesn't interest you?

Reactions: Segnbora

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I don't think that mom knows about Hayley and Klaus. For if she knew and did nothing, it makes no sense. My guess is she knew what Hayley and MC's ex did in the toilet. And thats why she treat her like that, being sidekick to that slut, not backing up her brother.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I echo so much of this sentiment. Personally, I would not have continued digging around in the past. But the MC doing it is also understandable to me.
I believe that the step-daughter could be an important key in discovering the character of Klaus, which could easily assist in the resolution of the plot. If she is also being abused, that could push home to Haley the realization of what a monster Klaus really was/is.

Just a theory, though.

No, I do NOT see the step-daughter as a possible LI or revenge possibility for the MC! [Even though she IS hot! ;)]

Reactions: Demigawd

arms99

May 11, 2018
I don't think that mom knows about Hayley and Klaus. For if she knew and did nothing, it makes no sense. My guess is she knew what Hayley and MC's ex did in the toilet. And thats why she treat her like that, being sidekick to that slut, not backing up her brother.
I got the exact opposite impression. The impression that I got was that the mum knew and wanted to castrate Klaus (much like the MC), but Haley wouldn't let her. I think that's the reason for the rift between Haley and mum

Reactions: Alig8r and Alfius

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
I got the exact opposite impression. The impression that I got was that the mum knew and wanted to castrate Klaus (much like the MC), but Haley wouldn't let her. I think that's the reason for the rift between Haley and mum
I can't imagine a mother who didn't act in situation like that. It shouldn't matter what a teenage girl said, mom's usually do what's best for their children. And a child abuse teacher going free is not for the best of anyone.

arms99

May 11, 2018
I can't imagine a mother who didn't act in situation like that. It shouldn't matter what a teenage girl said, mom's usually do what's best for their children. And a child abuse teacher going free is not for the best of anyone.
Unless she found out much later. In which case without Haley's corroboration, there is nothing much she can do

Reactions: apnea111 and Alfius

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah, we're just speculating.

However when when MC bring sup Klaus on the car ride back, haley replies "you're starting to sound like mom." which to me implies that the mom know.
Yea true, Also explains why she is so hung up on the brother. i dont want to whisper ideas in the dev head but this is a clasical i feel save by my brother and thats why she is doing all these things. I hope its real love and not trauma love.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Just for my understanding the game never said what happend right ? we all got the same end in the hotel room?
Correct...There is a lot of speculation.

The only fact we know at this stage, is that they were consenting (Haley and Klaus) in having sex. However the word "adults" is missing from that equation, turning this legally into statutory rape.

The fact that he was a teacher as well, makes the whole thing worse.

That is the current and only facts we have, if you believe Haley's story to be true. (Nice reference to the title!!)

P.S. I never wanted anything to do with Boss lady, so I ended up in a bar with Victor, not a Hotel room. Sandra was cool, but I never wanted to "cheat" on Haley. (Except with that fucking hot Lisa you minx)

Reactions: Walter Victor

arms99

May 11, 2018
we all got the same end in the hotel room?
by the way there is another possible ending to the last update, depending on whether you chose to go on the trip with adriana or not. Alternatively, the updated ended in a bar with victor and you got hint of another bombshell, this time with sandra as the victim.

Sheppard3rd

Jul 2, 2017
by the way there is another possible ending to the last update, depending on whether you chose to go on the trip with adriana or not. Alternatively, the updated ended in a bar with victor and you got hint of another bombshell, this time with sandra as the victim.
If you do the hotel room route you also got that hint because she says you need to talk to Victor

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think the story is great so far, Haley was a flawed character since the beginning, she is manipulative and have a insane fixation with her sibling. What makes this game more believable than most incest games around is her past, case in point Haley is damaged hence the incest happening. Now I understand why some people don't like this and feel tricked by the devs but storywise makes sense.
Getting forced into Sandra isn't that more or less a ploy by Haley to try distance herself from the MC. She want something she know is wrong/taboo, and try put up a barrier to deal with her "fixation". If you really fallen for someone before, and you couldn't really deal with it, it can eat you up inside.

In regard of being "forced" into sex with Haley? Well the game is called Haley's story, it's not Sandra's story or whatever. And the game isn't the typical harem game where you got to collect them all, which tbh is tedious.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I wanted to like your post, but I disagree completely with second part of your post.

100% agree with you on this point.

This is where I disagree. Sandra was/is an important plot device. That was part of showcasing Haley's manipulative, insecure and attempt to solve/hide the problem of her being in love with the MC. Without Sandra, this would have been a stock standard incest story similar to most incest games on here, with a slightly more interesting LI.

Sandra is crucial in establishing the inner battle going on in Haley's mind.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes