Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well, there's a reason there's a different name for it. That said, I'm fine with a definition of rape as sex without consent, and so if sex can't be consented to, tautologically I'm fine calling sex without consent rape. It's different, but it's also not.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I've opined, based on a lot of reasoning but utterly threadbare evidence, that Haley's seriously lying about her sexual past. What if that's the "story" in the title? What if everything she said was an attempt to present herself to her brother as a sexual sophisticate when in reality she's very nearly a virgin? I mean, she's either had sex or took care of it herself, obviously, as there was no blood, but what if the rest is all made up? Klaus as a girl's fantasy. Jack who never got there, or who maybe only got there once or twice. Throwing her brother at all the hot women in their orbit and insisting that she's not only fine with it, she's enthusiastically supportive of it. We know she's built up a complex sexual fantasy involving her brother and she's been doing it since they were young. What if that's true of her entire sexual history?
Doubt it, there are too many hints plus her own confesion. Now we have more people getting involved in the entire thing with the MC planning something against the dude.
Yeah, I doubt this gonna be resolved with a "Sorry guys I was just kidding jijiji"

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Doubt it, there are too many hints plus her own confesion. Now we have more people getting involved in the entire thing with the MC planning something against the dude.
Yeah, I doubt this gonna be resolved with a "Sorry guys I was just kidding jijiji"
I doubt it too, but it's an interesting speculation.

Andrew Rider

Jun 23, 2017
Regarding Mr Klaus - active or statutory rapist? Since we only know the little that Haley has revealed post coitus I see three possible scenarios: Haley initiated the encounter (exactly as she believes) mainly as a comfort thing that developed into mutually agreed upon sex (in a 'moment of weakness' on the teacher's part due to his emotional state); Haley initiated the encounter only as a comfort thing that was twisted by Klaus into sex (the classic "she was asking for it" response of the rapist, which young Haley buys due to shame and victim guilt); or Haley was completely groomed, manipulated and gaslighted by Klaus into believing she was responsible. The first is the least reprehensible, and somewhat more understandable (frankly I doubt I would be able to resist Haley any time, any where !) unless, as spooge_nugget points out, it became (as seems the case from Haley's after class tutoring comment) an ongoing relationship. Any teacher should know better (my best friend is a teacher and he says they are trained, and cautioned against such things, even the perception of which are an ever present concern). If either of the latter are true (they would be the least interesting options for me) then Klaus is simply a villain and Haley a victim, which does the character a great disservice.

So do we have any evidence one way or another ? Well, most people believe that the mother knows about Haley's relationship with Klaus, and it would certainly explain her odd attitude - her lack of faith in Haley's judgement and the advice to stay close to MC. If so, then this leans towards the mutual sex option (or at least that Haley has convinced Mom that it was a genuine relationship) since otherwise, without knowing any extenuating circumstances, I believe she would have taken legal action against the teacher. Speaking as a parent, if Haley's situation occurred with my daughter nothing (short of what I considered a serious threat of suicide from her if I acted) would prevent me doing everything in my power to ensure Klaus was imprisoned in a sex offenders cell. Because, as with infidelity, if a person is capable of doing something once they are capable of doing that same thing again, and if that happened I would be partly responsible through inaction (and, yes, revenge hate would play a part, too).

Two things, however, make me believe that one of the abuse scenarios are more likely. Firstly, there is Haley's insistence that she can take no responsibility for initiating a sexual relationship with MC. Previously, I had viewed this as a touch of moral cowardice on her part, but with the Klaus revelation some parallels become apparent between her relationship with Klaus and one with MC: Klaus was also a figure known to the family, whom she presumably respected, and both relationships would have met with disapproval (to say the least) and were illegal. If she initiated a sexual encounter with Klaus that resulted in traumatic abuse then I can finally understand her abrogation of responsibility.
Secondly, there is Klaus' step-daughter (about whom MC wonders). Now, it may just be the use of limited resources, but to me she looks, apart from the hair, exactly like one of the prostitutes that Lisa auditioned, down to the mole on her chin and nose freckles. And one of the classic reasons for becoming a prostitute is abuse. If a person is capable...etc.

Segnbora has made the very valid argument that any action taken in response to the Klaus situation should be determined by Haley, and what is best for her. However, I think it possible that she is already taking that action. The actual Klaus reveal, straight after Haley and MC finally consummate their love, seems so badly timed that there must be a story reason for it (actually I think it was poorly handled anyway; IMO the update should have ended straight after the sex so that people could savour the moment instead of, for many, tainting it). Haley has a very manipulative side to her (she can basically twist MC round her little finger and has turned him from innocent brother to full incestuous lover within a relatively short period of time, after all), she knows MC better than anyone, how he thinks and reacts, so consider this. It is Haley who insists on visiting the school, the only room we see is the girls' toilet (I mean who would visit that!) and the result is we get the story of $20 BJ Tina, which Haley later uses as the excuse to talk about her past lovers. I think it possible that Haley planned both uncharacteristically hurtful reveals deliberately (her expression only changes once when talking of Klaus, to a strange smile when she says she didn't tell him to make him angry, implying she had a definite motive) to prompt MC into action against Klaus. That Haley, deciding to have no secrets, has turned to her beloved brother, who was always otherwise there for her, and took the punishments for her actions (as she herself says) to deal with the unresolved Klaus trauma, trusting him to act for her.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Segnbora has made the very valid argument that any action taken in response to the Klaus situation should be determined by Haley, and what is best for her. However, I think it possible that she is already taking that action. The actual Klaus reveal, straight after Haley and MC finally consummate their love, seems so badly timed that there must be a story reason for it (actually I think it was poorly handled anyway; IMO the update should have ended straight after the sex so that people could savour the moment instead of, for many, tainting it). Haley has a very manipulative side to her (she can basically twist MC round her little finger and has turned him from innocent brother to full incestuous lover within a relatively short period of time, after all), she knows MC better than anyone, how he thinks and reacts, so consider this. It is Haley who insists on visiting the school, the only room we see is the girls' toilet (I mean who would visit that!) and the result is we get the story of $20 BJ Tina, which Haley later uses as the excuse to talk about her past lovers. I think it possible that Haley planned both uncharacteristically hurtful reveals deliberately (her expression only changes once when talking of Klaus, to a strange smile when she says she didn't tell him to make him angry, implying she had a definite motive) to prompt MC into action against Klaus. That Haley, deciding to have no secrets, has turned to her beloved brother, who was always otherwise there for her, and took the punishments for her actions (as she herself says) to deal with the unresolved Klaus trauma, trusting him to act for her.
Maybe a bit far fetched, but maybe she revealed it to give the mc a reason to opt out and back away from the relationship. If there is something I do know about women, they want validation. Haley is the one that seems torn and conflicted about the future and what now? As the mc you just along for the ride in the story of sorts.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
a child doesnt have the mental capacity to understand whats actually going on so yes its still rape no matter show you try to justify it
And yet the brain of a girl can start mature up to 10 years before the brain of a boy. Also, if you have or get a daughter anytime, try not to refer to her as a child in public. Not so sure she would appreciate that very much -)

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
a child doesnt have the mental capacity to understand whats actually going on so yes its still rape no matter show you try to justify it
It's not the same as normal rape according to the law. In UK (According to Wikipedia) and in some other countries there is also a distinction if the girl is over or under 12. Between 12-16 Sexual assault/Statutory rape. Under 12 just plain rape. (Historically, girls got married around 13.)

Not trying to justify it, but just saying it's not the same as normal rape. If there is force involved (No consent)...then it's normal rape.

My point of view.

Reactions: ukhustlas

215303j

but I do feel that most boys (not all!!) will not be traumatized by having sex with their teachers
You may be right, but the point of having an age of consent is, that people below a certain age (the exact number is a bit arbitrary) cannot make sound important decisions because their brain is still not sufficiently mature.

This is also the reason why people below a certain age are not allowed to vote or drive a car.

In my opinion, having sex without thinking it through properly could have similarly huge consequences as driving a car without a license. In the former, you can create life, in the latter you can destroy it. Both are pretty profound things.

Sure, a young male student would not get pregnant himself, but he'd still be a father.

And if the sex would not result in pregnancy, a person may still come to regret the decision later on. Again, the point is, that the person was physically unable to make a reasonable decision at that age. In case the sex partner was an adult or even an authority figure, society may expect the adult to make the reasonable decision (= not to have sex).

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
You may be right, but the point of having an age of consent is, that people below a certain age (the exact number is a bit arbitrary) cannot make sound important decisions because their brain is still not sufficiently mature.

This is also the reason why people below a certain age are not allowed to vote or drive a car.

In my opinion, having sex without thinking it through properly could have similarly huge consequences as driving a car without a license. In the former, you can create life, in the latter you can destroy it. Both are pretty profound things.

Sure, a young male student would not get pregnant himself, but he'd still be a father.

And if the sex would not result in pregnancy, a person may still come to regret the decision later on. Again, the point is, that the person was physically unable to make a reasonable decision at that age. In case the sex partner was an adult or even an authority figure, society may expect the adult to make the reasonable decision (= not to have sex).
Can not really fault your logic, but once again. The consequence of girl getting pregnant is not the same as a boy getting the Teacher pregnant. I still maintain the consequences is different for the sexes (for the minors).

Heaving said that, the adults, both male and female are just as bad, regardless of their gender. Especially as teachers or in position of power.

215303j

And yet the brain of a girl can start mature up to 10 years before the brain of a boy. Also, if you have or get a daughter anytime, try not to refer to her as a child in public. Not so sure she would appreciate that very much -)
You mean a girl's brain starts to mature when she turns 30?

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
After 0.55, I decided it could get better. She said, MC forgot - we'll move forward.
After 0.60 - I'll just play to see how much more absurd and stupid this story could become.

And to find out how many girls/guys were raped, ofc.
Stay tuned. They gonna rape them all.
Cause according to opinions the more you rape them the more "character depth"

Giving some spoliers from 0.65

Sandra confeses to MC just after sex that her first sexual relationship was when 15 with the 52 years old local greens grocery store owner. She provoked it cause she wanted a discount. She doesnt think she was Hurt or affected in any way. Even more since then she became a hardcore vegetarian which thinks Is a good thing.
Dude was fat and he wanted her to call him during sex "pumpkin"
Hint. She also calls MC "pumpkin". Double plot twist.

MC..
*Clenching his teeth*

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Well, looks like the same discussion is going on as before, again and again.
Even after this update (which i liked, even it was too short).

I don't care, I like the story so far, even the last updates.
But I did like Acting Lessons, too ... And if the story is going this way, this will be my last VN from this dev.

One thing I agree with ... the MC needs to grow some balls. His acting is far from what I would call a normal relationship or even this special relationship.
There is no fun with a retarded MC ...

Well, now i do the same like the critics do ... I suggest a way how this will go on.
Perhaps I'm no better than the other critics ;)

Oh, yes, i think I am .
Because I'm enjoying this ... and if it doesn't keep me attracted any more, I will just drop it, without complaining.

Anyways ... love it, until now and next time I hope for more content (storytelling, if it's more sex, I wouldn't say no;))

Reactions: Walter Victor

215303j

(Historically, girls got married around 13.)
That's a misconception I'm afraid.
Although that certainly happened (and still happens in several places) it was not everywhere the norm.
For a large part, it depended on several economical factors.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
You came onto this thread and complained about the developer milking the game to an audience of mostly pirates.
And I'll repeat once again. Developer milking != F95 members being milked. I'll continue on below.

And you seem to have either not read or ignored what I said about Patrons, thus completely negating your weak defense.
What did I ignore? The part where you said the revenue increased? Isn't that exactly supporting my claim that the dev is milking the game because they're prolonging the game by introducing new plot line so they continue making money?

Revenue increase != not being milked. You can enjoy the game and be happy to being milked without realizing it because you like the game. It's like HBO making the GoT prequel. There are those who enjoy GoT regardless, but it's clear the prequel is just them milking the franchise.

Once again, that's fine. You're free to like the game. You're free to support the dev. You're free to have an opinion and you're free to decide yourself what you do with your money. That's 100% OK. I'm not here telling you what to do with your money.

I'm going to suggest to you what I usually suggest to people who come on F95 to trash a game. Make your point and leave. Don't try to stick around and argue needlessly with people who don't share your view. It never achieves anything, and only wastes everyone's time, especially yours.
Is that not the most hypocritical thing that anyone can say? After championing that F95 is a pirate site, you're telling me to make my point and leave? I'm going to suggest to you your own medicine. Go back to Patreon and stick around there where everyone loves the same game because they paid the money. It's a safe spot exclusive for paying customers, you won't find anyone complaining about the game there. Thanks.

Jiren86

May 10, 2017
I like both, but I want the option to pick one or the other, not a fan of being forced in relationships/sex by games. That way you can do several playthroughs, one with each girl at least.
That's what annoyed me somewhat, Let me just state I'm FINE with the story and the sudden dark twist.

I get it's called Haley's story but that doesn't mean her and the mc HAVE to start an incestuous relationship, They can still deal with her Jealousy (Sandra, Adriana) & Mr Klaus while having a typical Brother/Sister relationship.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Hi guys... Just wondering What would you do to Klaus if you were in the Mcs shoes?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Easy, murder/suicide. It'd be hilarious to see all these fans praising this game for being realistic trying to defend it if it goes full acting lessons like that.

• Love
Reactions: Red469
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes