Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've been gone for a little while. How did everyone get so caught up in criticizing each other and each other's opinions?
Difference of opinion.

People defending the content taking issue with people that haven't quite enjoyed how things have turned out.

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Nice choice. But there currently is no sex, just story to endear the LIs to us the player. Can live with the "no sex yet", as the story is very interesting, can't wait for what's gonna happen next.
????? Of course there is sex and not a small amount of it I have to say ... even with the sister ...

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
????? Of course there is sex and not a small amount of it I have to say ... even with the sister ...
He's talking about DeLuca, not HS.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And people attacking the content taking issue with people who haven't quite been turned off by how things have turned out.

It's all in the point of view, isn't it? ;)
Except that's not really what's going on for the most part. Sure, there are assholes on both sides defending their position, but there's only one person in particular trying to dismiss anyone that disagrees with him as "wrong" that that's just uncalled for. Luckily for me he's either ignored me or ignoring me.

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
There are always differing opinions. It just seems that the discussions have lost a lot of their civility.
Well the truth Is that this Is turning to pure parody in every level.

Some easy noticable points

1. 100% ptolemys styles content in Last updates

2. Transfusion of ptolemys funbase to HS. His team Is developing or codeveloping 5 Games atm. Intimate relations hasnt been updated since May and the turn of events in that game also didnt receive the best reactions. Alexandra has Already reached its peek. LikeBlondes New game following life with mary Is a vampire theme one, making it by default a less appealing one to the wider playerbase (likesblondes has been Loosing suport from 9 monts ago and continues to). 5th game had a rocky Start and had to be redesigned.

HS even now in its current state Is far better game than the rest. So although fans who loved this game abort it after the trasformation of its nature a big percentage of dedicated ptolemys fanbase Is jumping Into the ship cause to be frankly it has nowhere else to go.
And its natural. When changing the nature of game the nature of the fanbase will change accordinglly.

3. “ptolemy said this in discord“, "ptolemy got angry", "ptolemy threatened with real ntr", "ptolemy this and ptolemy that", ptolemys team members making guest star appearances in the thread either defending not HS but the way they fuctions in generally (equalizing this game to the rest) or denying not patrons right to critisism, ptolemy, ptolemy, ptolemy....

In a fucking viitgames game.

We just have been ptolemized in every asspect of this game. Nature, fanbase, communication.
Its not only the core of the story that changed. Note the treatment to this game from the dev team.
How on earth you release a version without fixing previous minor mistakes, with mistakes in renders, with faults on coding, or with a whole scene missing in order to have a meaningfull branching? Or without checking if its proofread?
Is this a treatment a unique game deserves, or a treatment a productions line subproduct gets?

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018

2. Transfusion of ptolemys funbase to HS. His team Is developing or codeveloping 5 Games atm. Intimate relations hasnt been updated since May and the turn of events in that game also didnt receive the best reactions. Alexandra has Already reached its peek. LikeBlondes New game following life with mary Is a vampire theme one, making it by default a less appealing one to the wider playerbase (likesblondes has been Loosing suport from 9 monts ago and continues to). 5th game had a rocky Start and had to be redesigned.

HS even now in its current state Is far better game than the rest. So although fans who loved this game abort it after the trasformation of its nature a big percentage of dedicated ptolemys fanbase Is jumping Into the ship cause to be frankly it has nowhere else to go.
And its natural. When changing the nature of game the nature of the fanbase will change accordinglly.

3. “ptolemy said this in discord“, "ptolemy got angry", "ptolemy threatened with real ntr", "ptolemy this and ptolemy that", ptolemys team members making guest star appearances in the thread either defending not HS but the way they fuctions in generally (equalizing this game to the rest) or denying not patrons right to critisism, ptolemy, ptolemy, ptolemy....

We just have been ptolemized in every asspect of this game. Nature, fanbase, communication.
Its not only the core of the story that changed. Note the treatment to this game from the dev team.
How on earth you release a version without fixing previous minor mistakes, with mistakes in renders, with faults on coding, or with a whole scene missing in order to have a meaningfull branching? Or without checking if its proofread?
Is this a treatment a unique game deserves, or a treatment a productions line subproduct gets?
I am just commenting about the way we are talking to each other. I am not defending Ptolemy especially if recent events are his doing. I still like Alexandra and I think that story still has legs. I did stop supporting him shortly after I stopped supporting Viitgames. I said this before the best thing might be if Viitgames goes solo in the future.

Reactions: apnea111

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018

As much as it saddens me but I have to concur with you on many aspects of your post. I also get the impression that the games Ptolemy is involved lately suffer from unnecessary and even unrealistic twists which leave a fair amount of his (loyal) audience in stupor or even in anger. It is a shame since I deem his basic storylines sound and even beautiful and good material for both an interesting story and also good fap material. Lets just hope Ptolemy regains his (former) senses and get back to his solid roots.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
apnea111 You make some very good points My involvement is purely in rendering and I'm stepping back from that a bit to work on a project that I have more say in and can contribute more then just renders. I would encourage anyone with complaints to Join Ptolemy's Discord as he does not come around F95 or any other pirate sites. But if the games are so bad why are they stolen so often and always leak 5 minutes after they're posted for Patreons.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
apnea111 You make some very good points My involvement is purely in rendering and I'm stepping back from that a bit to work on a project that I have more say in and can contribute more then just renders. I would encourage anyone with complaints to Join Ptolemy's Discord as he does not come around F95 or any other pirate sites. But if the games are so bad why are they stolen so often and always leak 5 minutes after they're posted for Patreons.
Updates being stolen seems to be a common complaint for a lot of developers. I was just on the Patreon page for WVM, he only has an initial release and one update. He was complaining about the same thing. I just not sure that content being leaked is an indication of the quality of the work. It may be that some people "get off" on seeing if they can do it.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Any comment on the speculation that Viitgames was largely responsible for content pre-August and that it was Ptolemy's influence that directed content in the last two updates?

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Any comment on the speculation that Viitgames was largely responsible for content pre-August and that it was Ptolemy's influence that directed content in the last two updates?
Ptolemy has always co-written Haily's Story Viit's involvement is more along the lines of the general plot of the story and what it was/is to be about. other than that I have talked to Viit one or two times. Posing and Coding Just like every game we make or have ever made is done by Ptolemy himself.

Reactions: Walter Victor

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
I am just commenting about the way we are talking to each other. I am not defending Ptolemy especially if recent events are his doing. I still like Alexandra and I think that story still has legs. I did stop supporting him shortly after I stopped supporting Viitgames. I said this before the best thing might be if Viitgames goes solo in the future.
What can i say?

You are probably the exception to the rule.

Dont get me wrong. People that jumped Into the boat at Last two updates, or dedicated ptolemys fans that were Already onboard are genuinelly happy and satisfied with the 100% ptolemys styles content of Last updates.
There used to it.

But that raises the question of what happens now with the people that loved this game for all the reasons that made this far better and different from rest of ptolemys.

You changes the nature of a game you change the nature of the fanbase. And when the fanbase Is tranformed to a more dedicated ptolemy one, it changes also the nature of the thread.

Because by default dedicated Fan Boys tend to not be the most chivalrous or the sharpest knifes in the drawer

apnea111

Dec 18, 2018
I am Already following your main project. Waiting the release and hoping its As good As expected so i can suport both you guys.

You in the industry and Well experienced.
We all know you cant have control over a game if you can render or code or schedule the work Flow.

However good Is the guy that writes the script of a movie, director has the control and the responsibility of the outcome.

When the story Is one of a simplistic frame its up mainly to the writer to present meanigfull dialoques or characters. When director changes the frame Into one of constant revelations, plot twists, and rapid paced scenes, director Is the protagonist while writer becomes a secondary backround actor.

The cameraman has just to film the right plans. If a plan Is problematic its not cameramans fault if its edited in the movie and not refilmed.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Because by default dedicated Fan Boys tend to not be the most chivalrous or the sharpest knifes in the drawer
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm talking about. I hope you don't consider me a "Fan Boy" just because I still like Alexandra. I still worry that he will kill off one of the LI 's to create drama. I agree with you that this story will never be as good as it was, it will always have a taint to it even if they are able to write themselves out of this situation. I just hope that the story quickly gets to the other side of this in a manner that will allow me to continue and possibly start enjoying it again.

Reactions: Valeck and apnea111

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm talking about. I hope you don't consider me a "Fan Boy" just because I still like Alexandra. I still worry that he will kill off one of the LI 's to create drama. I agree with you that this story will never be as good as it was, it will always have a taint to it even if they are able to write themselves out of this situation. I just hope that the story quickly gets to the other side of this in a manner that will allow me to continue and possibly start enjoying it again.
Funny until Acting Lessons nobody would think of killing off a main character in an adult game. I doubt Ptolemy would kill off a main character it's outside his MO to do that

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Funny until Acting Lessons nobody would think of killing off a main character in an adult game. I doubt Ptolemy would kill off a main character it's outside his MO to do that
If you had read any of my previous posts, you would know I frequently reference AL. I loved the game until that point, but hated it after. What happened in HS reminds me of AL; but at least AL was always a drama. As far as what Ptolemy might do, was statutory rape a part of his MO.

Jul 13, 2018
I am not sure why there is so much discussion about the last update. I know we are all emotionally invested but it's the creator's story not ours. If you enjoyed the game so far, have some trust in their vision of where it is going.
I did not like the whole 'Daddy' thing either for example, but I have faith that the do things for a purpose other than just checking off fetishes (unlike most other games).

What actually really irritated me in the last update was the huge amount of spelling mistakes. Those are easily avoidable and really break immersion for me.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I am not sure why there is so much discussion about the last update. I know we are all emotionally invested but it's the creator's story not ours. If you enjoyed the game so far, have some trust in their vision of where it is going.
I did not like the whole 'Daddy' thing either for example, but I have faith that the do things for a purpose other than just checking off fetishes (unlike most other games).

What actually really irritated me in the last update was the huge amount of spelling mistakes. Those are easily avoidable and really break immersion for me.
Well it is a discussion forum. What irritated you is a symptom of the overall problem, the quality of plot and story design has gone down with the last couple of updates. You did not use to see all those spelling errors.

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes