Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
You know, this is an interesting point and one that I hope the devs are pursuing. A little while after the controversy erupted I eventually came around to a conclusion — still speculative, but supported more and more by each release — that this isn't so much a story about having sex with your sister as it is about helping guide her to what she needs. A list that includes her brother's dick but also includes confronting her past.
Good point. If I may I would compare it to a recently finished game about your sister who is also your college roommate. Nothing in that title suggests incestually happy ever after. Here we may have a case of Haley's Story just be the story of her past and how to overcome it.

That stated I will be happy to help her with it and sail off into the sunset with adorable Sandra.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I don't know what he did.
And you don't feel even slightly slimy about this unsupported implication? I admit I've never thought ill of you until now, but...

I can see it in relation to MC. Victor has zero reason to tell MC if Sandra doesn't want MC to know yet. I still fail to see how that creates a toxic work environment.
How can it possibly be okay to tell Adriana about Sandra's family's history of sexual assault?

I fail to see how that's more Sandra's story to tell than his.
They're Sandra's psychological traumas. Not Victor's stories to tell. Sure as hell not Adriana's business.

It's the author being shitty to Sandra though, not us.
Here's where I get to trot out one of my favorite and ubiquitous F95 comments: the MC is not the player. The dev is telling a story. The MC is bound to that story. The player can feel whatever they feel, but the pretense that the player somehow exists as a deity surpassing the story is one of the most tragic delusions in gaming.

Haley points were and always will be Haley points though. Just because we didn't know how they would be used in the end doesn't mean we didn't know it was a good idea to accrue them.
Despite tons of folks complaining that they didn't appear to matter and certain commentators *cough* insisting that the game didn't actually make them matter.

Because that would require rewriting the code for the whole damn game?
As others have pointed out, this isn't the case. Pursuing the relationship to the point where it can break while choosing to cheat/not cheat is extensively coded and tracked.

If I may I would compare it to a recently finished game about your sister who is also your college roommate. Nothing in that title suggests incestually happy ever after. Here we may have a case of Haley's Story just be the story of her past and how to overcome it.
I said it ages ago and I'll say it again: if this ends up with the MC and Haley unable to be together and sells that ending I'll praise this as the greatest incest game ever. There are tons of possibilities in which they do end up together that I'd prefer, but a twincest ending is the inevitable yet least logical outcome and if the story eventually concludes that this is just too much I'll applaud despite my braid-soaked tears.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
This is why people shouldn't post when they are sleep-deprived. ;) The Sandra-points, like the Haley-points, already exist. You accumulate them by treating Sandra nicely, just as with Haley.
It's got nothing to do with me being sleep deprived, I just didn't remember. As the resident code junkie, are they checked at any point in game yet?

And you don't feel even slightly slimy about this unsupported implication? I admit I've never thought ill of you until now, but...
Looking at it now it's totally the cross promotion. Go look at his patreon page and then the dates he posted cross promotion posts (which have matching posts to Haley's story on that creators page). The peaks line up exactly. But ignoring the fact that I've now proved myself correct, why exactly would I feel slimy for suggesting he does what 99/99% of companies do?

How can it possibly be okay to tell Adriana about Sandra's family's history of sexual assault? They're Sandra's psychological traumas. Not Victor's stories to tell. Sure as hell not Adriana's business.
I'm completely lost. Sandra's mom is also Victor's sister. I just replayed both scenes. There's nothing suggesting Adriana knows much more than Victor's sister was raped. She might not even know Sandra has OCD but I'm not on her route so I certainly can't say. I'd suggest Adriana is way too smart not to notice but would she have time to notice?

Here's where I get to trot out one of my favorite and ubiquitous F95 comments: the MC is not the player. The dev is telling a story. The MC is bound to that story.
Except that's exactly how some of these games are set up. There are many games that I've just stopped playing because the MC and I are too different. I want to disappear into the character (or the other way around), if I didn't, I'd read an actual novel. The funny thing is this game fails at it both. Canonically MC dates Sandra, we're railroaded into it and that's that. But now we can break up with Sandra, so what was the narrative point? Getting closer to Victor? Victor is already MC's boss, no need for a forced relationship. Least we forget how poorly the MC "character" is developed as well. I know just enough about him to hate his fucking guts.

The player can feel whatever they feel, but the pretense that the player somehow exists as a deity surpassing the story is one of the most tragic delusions in gaming.
This is just flat out wrong. Look at the many games with NTR in them that also have other paths because money talks. Anything more substantial than just cutting out the sex scenes with other people gives players direct control of the story in most of those games. I know your literary mind is screaming "sell outs" right now but that's not the case if they're putting actual work into it.

Shattering that trope is exactly what makes the first KoTOR such a compelling game as well. The story of the game has already happened but you don't know that as a player and slowly figure it out. The game itself is you doing whatever the fuck you'd like. The player is writing the story of the character at that point.

Despite tons of folks complaining that they didn't appear to matter and certain commentators *cough* insisting that the game didn't actually make them matter.
If you're referring to me, I'm pretty sure that I never said they'd never matter. If I did let me know, I can laugh at my past self well enough.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again: if this ends up with the MC and Haley unable to be together and sells that ending I'll praise this as the greatest incest game ever. There are tons of possibilities in which they do end up together that I'd prefer, but a twincest ending is the inevitable yet least logical outcome and if the story eventually concludes that this is just too much I'll applaud despite my braid-soaked tears.
I'm honestly surprised you have any hope for this game after the last few updates. Klaus' step daughter is also named Haley (same spelling), and he references that a major reason he married her mom? What a (terrible) joke....

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
It's got nothing to do with me being sleep deprived, I just didn't remember. As the resident code junkie, are they checked at any point in game yet?
Sandra's points have never been tested at all. Haley's have (3 times).

You can accumulate Sandra's points up to release v0.30, where she announces that her promotion might require her to travel. Since then, everything with Sandra has been choice-driven.

Haley's points could last be added to when they go home the first time.

Reactions: Segnbora and Ozel

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm honestly surprised you have any hope for this game after the last few updates. Klaus' step daughter is also named Haley (same spelling), and he references that a major reason he married her mom? What a (terrible) joke....
Since you obviously have no hope for this game, why are you still here? Are there not other games out there for which you have at least some hope?

Personally, I still have plenty of hope for this game. I must be a complete idiot not to agree with your assessment. So sue me!

• Haha
Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Since you obviously have no hope for this game, why are you still here? Are there not other games out there for which you have at least some hope?

Personally, I still have plenty of hope for this game. I must be a complete idiot not to agree with your assessment. So sue me!
I have hope and doubt. Like with anything, this has potential to be really great or painfully awful. As long as the storyline they have planned is solid, it's all about the execution of it and how they roll things out in the updates. Unless it ends up being catastrophically dreadful, I'll stick it out to the end.

I think a lot of people had the same initial feeling that I did with this whole klaus thing, that it was a dead-end bore-fest, but after thinking on it some more and the discussion in the thread, I came to realize that it actually opens up so much potential, and now I'm interested in seeing where they go with it.

Reactions: Walter Victor

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Sandra's points have never been tested at all. Haley's have (3 times).
Interesting, thanks.

I'm here to watch the inevitable conclusion of this train wreck. I do want to see what happens but I've long since stopped caring about this game. The ten minutes a month it takes to play isn't so much time out of my life that it's worth dropping.

Since you decided to reply to something in which I wasn't talking to you, I'll bite. You're clearly the most blindly in love with this game of all the (three) "regulars" here. That's not a good thing but I fully admit I'm a hater so we're about even though on opposite sides of the coin. Much like you've long since stop trying to change my mind, I haven't been trying to change yours in a while either.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm here to watch the inevitable conclusion of this train wreck. I do want to see what happens but I've long since stopped caring about this game. The ten minutes a month it takes to play isn't so much time out of my life that it's worth dropping.
Yeah, right! What about staying up to dark-thirty to post on the thread of a 'train wreck'?

Since you decided to reply to something in which I wasn't talking to you, I'll bite. You're clearly the most blindly in love with this game of all the (three) "regulars" here. That's not a good thing but I fully admit I'm a hater so we're about even though on opposite sides of the coin. Much like you've long since stop trying to change my mind, I haven't been trying to change yours in a while either.
Guilty as charged. I will fight to the death to support any game that I follow closely. I support this one with both my keyboard and my wallet.

I will continue to do that until I feel a game no longer deserves my support. If I ever drop this game off my list, it won't be the first time I have done so. One thing I have never done, though, is stick around and bad mouth a game I no longer support.

As for butting in on your private conversation, if you really want it to be private on a public forum, I suggest you revert to a Private Conversation. I believe you know how to do that.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
Yeah, right! What about staying up to dark-thirty to post on the thread of a 'train wreck'?
You're right, "care" was a bad choice of words. I have no passion for this game anymore. I'm also not staying up to reply, I'm just up and here, and that's when Segnbora posts, so...

I will continue to do that until I feel a game no longer deserves my support. If I ever drop this game off my list, it won't be the first time I have done so. One thing I have never done, though, is stick around and bad mouth a game I no longer support.
You read clearly read my posts, you know nowadays I rarely actually badmouth the game. My review is up for anyone to read, and if anything else happens I'll add to that rather than in the thread. I'm here to talk, and 95% of the time I'm doing just that.

With that in mind, do you ever see yourself dropping this game? What exactly would have to happen to get you do stop supporting Viit?

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
With that in mind, do you ever see yourself dropping this game? What exactly would have to happen to get you do stop supporting Viit?
Forgive me for intruding on what isn't my conversation here. :LOL:

I imagine viit would have to take the story in a really bad direction with no player agency in how things play out for those still here to bother dropping it. However, who's to say what is "bad?" That's all subjective. Even if something happens with the game that makes me not want to play it anymore, that doesn't necessarily mean the same for someone else.

I haven't dropped very many games once I've started playing them, assuming I liked them, finished the content available, and decided to follow the games for updates. Only two come to mind, but I'm not going to discuss those games here. If this game takes things into a bad direction and doesn't give me the agency to have any choice in how it plays out, I will drop it. I'm cautiously optimistic with any game, but it's been a pretty rare case that I've found an update to be so awful as to make me drop the game entirely. That's just me, though, to each their own. (y)

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I imagine viit would have to take the story in a really bad direction with no player agency in how things play out for those still here to bother dropping it. However, who's to say what is "bad?" That's all subjective. Even if something happens with the game that makes me not want to play it anymore, that doesn't necessarily mean the same for someone else.
Luckily for them we've got more agency now than we did at the start of the game.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Luckily for them we've got more agency now than we did at the start of the game.
With regards to Sandra, yes. However, with this Klaus situation, we've had none thus far, so I'm wondering if we'll have any in the future, or if we're just stuck watching how things play out and watch the aftermath unfold.

There lies the crux of the matter. This is supposed to be interactive media, but it's almost like watching a movie for the most part, or riding along in a car while someone else chooses where you're going. I understand the frustration with that, especially in games like this one and some others I could name where WE are supposed to be the main character, at least that's the assumption since we can name the main character whatever we want.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
With regards to Sandra, yes. However, with this Klaus situation, we've had none thus far, so I'm wondering if we'll have any in the future, or if we're just stuck watching how things play out and watch the aftermath unfold.
I don't know if you were around back when this came out but apparently Viit and Ptolemy disagreed on how best to "handle" Klaus. Whether or not they'll add both paths or someone won out isn't currently known.

There lies the crux of the matter. This is supposed to be interactive media, but it's almost like watching a movie for the most part, or riding along in a car while someone else chooses where you're going. I understand the frustration with that, especially in games like this one and some others I could name where WE are supposed to be the main character, at least that's the assumption since we can name the main character whatever we want.
Agreed.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
At least give the game a chance. There's still a possibility that the Klaus situation which will out for the better which will either make or break the game for imo.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
I don't know if you were around back when this came out but apparently Viit and Ptolemy disagreed on how best to "handle" Klaus. Whether or not they'll add both paths or someone won out isn't currently known.
Definitely didn't know that, I don't usually follow these games that closely, and I've only recently started posting here. For most of my time here, I only lurked around looking for new games and downloading updates for ones I liked, and I didn't really follow thread discussions. :LOL:

I also don't lurk around patreon, so if a dev isn't here interacting and posting plans for the games here, I'm usually unaware until the update is out. Even then, I follow SO MANY GAMES here that it's pretty much impossible for me to keep up with everything about every game. It gets difficult for me to remember the names of the damn characters in most of them. :ROFLMAO:

That could be cool if they include both paths, but if both end up being "bad," then I'm not sure it matters much. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I'm also not losing anything. If I were a patron, I'd be more concerned about the direction the game is going in, but since I'm not, it's easy come easy go for me, no skin off my back. If it takes a turn that I don't like, it's simple and easy for me to just drop it, and I don't really have anything to be angry about since I haven't been forking out cash to help fund the game. Considering my track record of rarely dropping games, though, I'll probably stick it out. If I do end up dissatisfied, people will likely know, because I'll just vanish from the thread. Won't be any angry rant from me. :ROFLMAO:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I also don't lurk around patreon, so if a dev isn't here interacting and posting plans for the games here, I'm usually unaware until the update is out. Even then, I follow SO MANY GAMES here that it's pretty much impossible for me to keep up with everything about every game. It gets difficult for me to remember the names of the damn characters in most of them. :ROFLMAO:
The info is actually from discord, which I'll admit I never follow for any game. I'm the same as you with Patreon for every game but one and I only check that one to see if a release has come out and isn't on here yet.

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes