TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
I believe Ptolemy does most of the writing for this game. Someone else can confirm or correct me for sure.
What's with the dialogue inconsistencies? Sandra asks the mc if he knew what was wrong with Haley he says he knows but then the very next scene her and the mc is acting like nobody knows what's wrong with her.
Is he just playing dumb to keep her secret?

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
What's with the dialogue inconsistencies? Sandra asks the mc if he knew what was wrong with Haley he says he knows but then the very next scene her and the mc is acting like nobody knows what's wrong with her.
He says he knows and it's not his story to tell.
The next scene isn't if something's wrong, it's if she's better. To which he responds, No. But she will be.

It's not playing dumb it's being respectful of a sensitive subject. That said where you can critique the writing here is why the MC has more faith in telling both of his bosses Haley's story but cannot or won't confide in his girlfriend who has shown an uncanny amount of will and care to assist.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
He says he knows and it's not his story to tell.
The next scene isn't if something's wrong, it's if she's better. To which he responds, No. But she will be.

It's not playing dumb it's being respectful of a sensitive subject. That said where you can critique the writing here is why the MC has more faith in telling both of his bosses Haley's story but cannot or won't confide in his girlfriend who has shown an uncanny amount of will and care to assist.
They're different issues, too. MC was asking his bosses about how he could help Haley to see that she was abused. Now Haley has come to realize that, indeed, she was abused, and now it's up to Haley to figure out how she wants to cope with it, whether talking to Sandra of her own volition, talking to Haley 2, seeking professional help, or all of them.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Which part are you talking about, exactly? After MC and Sandra fuck in the bathroom then talk about Haley while taking a shower?

Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
They're different issues, too. MC was asking his bosses about how he could help Haley to see that she was abused. Now Haley has come to realize that, indeed, she was abused, and now it's up to Haley to figure out how she wants to cope with it, whether talking to Sandra of her own volition, talking to Haley 2, seeking professional help, or all of them.
Sorta, not really.

Victor and Adrianna wouldn't have a clue what happened if the MC didn't speak up first. The fact that he can confide Haley's secret with them but not his girlfriend lacks in the logic department. The only way you can excuse this is if you say they're older, wiser and have more experience but even that's a cop out. Sandra has proven to be every bit as wise as her Uncle and Adrianna at a younger age so the only excuse there is years on the planet. She like Victor also has personal experience in dealing with ones own demons so that's not lost on her either.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Sorta, not really.

Victor and Adrianna wouldn't have a clue what happened if the MC didn't speak up first. The fact that he can confide Haley's secret with them but not his girlfriend lacks in the logic department. The only way you can excuse this is if you say they're older, wiser and have more experience but even that's a cop out. Sandra has proven to be every bit as wise as her Uncle and Adrianna at a younger age so the only excuse there is years on the planet. She like Victor also has personal experience in dealing with ones own demons so that's not lost on her either.
I didn't say anything about his bosses having any prior knowledge, where did you get that from? :LOL:

When, before this update, did Sandra ever prove that she was any wiser than them? Also, Haley knows Sandra on a personal level, where Haley doesn't really seem to be as personal with her bosses, not like MC is. That may be why he chose to confide in them instead. I can understand him going that route. Also, Sandra wasn't exactly around, she's most of the time in another place with her new promotion, probably another reason why he chose to not confide in Sandra about it.

EDIT: Of course! Just realized this, but this is how Haley and Sandra build their relationship and become more intimate with each other. This is Haley's path into the 3-way with Sandra and MC. Pure genius.

Last edited:
Reactions: D Dog

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I didn't say anything about his bosses having any prior knowledge, where did you get that from? :LOL:

When, before this update, did Sandra ever prove that she was any wiser than them? Also, Haley knows Sandra on a personal level, where Haley doesn't really seem to be as personal with her bosses, not like MC is. That may be why he chose to confide in them instead. I can understand him going that route. Also, Sandra wasn't exactly around, she's most of the time in another place with her new promotion, probably another reason why he chose to not confide in Sandra about it.

EDIT: Of course! Just realized this, but this is how Haley and Sandra build their relationship and become more intimate with each other. This is Haley's path into the 3-way with Sandra and MC. Pure genius.
I'm saying the logic of the MC's choice to explicitly tell Sandra it's not his story to tell is a load of shit and bad writing given the MC's history doing the exact opposite with people who are farther removed from the MC than Sandra.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
I'm saying the logic of the MC's choice to explicitly tell Sandra it's not his story to tell is a load of shit and bad writing given the MC's history doing the exact opposite with people who are farther removed from the MC than Sandra.

I thought he blurted out by accident Haley's thing to his boss. When he was drunk.
And who's to say he won't tell Sandra. He just didn't do it in this update.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I thought he blurted out by accident Haley's thing to his boss. When he was drunk.
And who's to say he won't tell Sandra. He just didn't do it in this update.
Yes and that doesn't excuse him nor does it change the extremely flawed logic.
I get he still might tell Sandra later, but using the line "It's not my story to tell" is where the rubber hits the road when it comes to irrational choices of the MC's actions so far. It's a writing inconsistency that shouldn't exist.

Reactions: soundengineer

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Again, I reiterate what I said before. Two different things. In that instance, MC was trying to figure out how to get Haley to admit to herself that she was abused, and now she has.

Now, he is leaving it up to Haley to choose who she shares this information with.

I don't think it's bad writing at all, but that's just me. I think leaving it up to Haley to confide in Sandra herself will allow Sandra and Haley to become more intimate, which will now be the path to the 3-way between them.

Reactions: Ragnar

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Again, I reiterate what I said before. Two different things. In that instance, MC was trying to figure out how to get Haley to admit to herself that she was abused, and now she has.

Now, he is leaving it up to Haley to choose who she shares this information with.

I don't think it's bad writing at all, but that's just me. I think leaving it up to Haley to confide in Sandra herself will allow Sandra and Haley to become more intimate, which will now be the path to the 3-way between them.
Agree to disagree.

I don't see it that way at all. I'm not saying that it's not the case but the writing doesn't lend itself so far to that being the rationale behind the choice.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Yes and that doesn't excuse him nor does it change the extremely flawed logic.
I get he still might tell Sandra later, but using the line "It's not my story to tell" is where the rubber hits the road when it comes to irrational choices of the MC's actions so far. It's a writing inconsistency that shouldn't exist.
It makes some sense all things considered. Victor already told the MC how hard was for Sandra to cope when the same exact thing happened with her mother. So he trying to protect Sandra from the same situation makes sense, plus Victor/Adriana are parent figures for the MC somehow while Sandra is Haley's friend. Revealing the situation to Sandra can be messy if she goes and try to support Haley openly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
It makes some sense all things considered. Victor already told the MC how hard was for Sandra to cope when the same exact thing happened with her mother. So he trying to protect Sandra from the same situation makes sense...
Not sure if this is the case as much as Sandra wasn't around, as I had stated in my earlier post about this. Sandra was off working at her new job location, not exactly around, and of course the fact that Haley and Sandra know each other more personally. Adriana and Victor don't really know Haley personally, not like they know the MC, at least we're not made aware of such in the events of the game. They are professionals, know how to keep things confidential, and should Haley need time off because of all this mess, they do kind of know and will probably be really understanding about it, all while not letting the cat out of the bag regarding the fact that they already know the reason why she would need time off.

Revealing the situation to Sandra can be messy if she goes and try to support Haley openly.
THIS is exactly what I meant, though. Since Haley and Sandra know each other on a more personal level, it should be up to Haley to confide in her friend what happened to her, if she wishes to.

Reactions: Ragnar

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
It makes some sense all things considered. Victor already told the MC how hard was for Sandra to cope when the same exact thing happened with her mother. So he trying to protect Sandra from the same situation makes sense, plus Victor/Adriana are parent figures for the MC somehow while Sandra is Haley's friend. Revealing the situation to Sandra can be messy if she goes and try to support Haley openly.
Some empathy i can get, but again the writing didn't lend itself to that.
It was just a flat rejection. Speaking of that, the MC hasn't talked to Sandra about her coping or why yet either which again to me seems to stretch conventional bounds. I know there's a lot of ground to cover and this can all be addressed later, but i'm not going to gleen into the future to determine where we are now. As of this point in the story the writing has fumbeled around the issues whether intentional or not.

That's all i'm saying about this it can be better but as of .75 there's some choices that need further development to make logical sense.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Speaking of that, the MC hasn't talked to Sandra about her coping or why yet either which again to me seems to stretch conventional bounds.
Coping with what, her mother's sexual abuse? MC isn't supposed to know that. Sandra didn't tell MC, she would probably be shocked as all fuck if he came out and said he knew about her mother's sexual abuse.

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes