ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Coping with what, her mother's sexual abuse? MC isn't supposed to know that. Sandra didn't tell MC, she would probably be shocked as all fuck if he came out and said he knew about her mother's sexual abuse.
So it's beyond reason to have a conversation with your loved one about something confided to you from her uncle ?
I think that'd be part of a healthy relationship and would bring them closer together personally but this again is why we don't see eye to eye on the previous issues.

I don't think building walls or being secretive is helping anyone here.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
So it's beyond reason to have a conversation with your loved one about something confided to you from her uncle ?
I think that'd be part of a healthy relationship and would bring them closer together personally but this again is why we don't see eye to eye on the previous issues.

I don't think building walls or being secretive is helping anyone here.
Once Haley opens up to Sandra about Klaus, which I'm certain is inevitable, that is probably when Sandra will tell MC about what happened to her mother, and he'll probably never tell her that he already knew about it from Victor, or maybe that'll be when he will reveal that he already knew about it from Victor because he went to Victor for help with Haley. I don't think he will tell her about Victor, though, I think he'll just let her tell him, he'll hug her and let her know that he's there for her, like he did with Haley.

Reactions: Triangulum Games

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Sandra is the way she is because of whatever happened with her mother. She wants to be in control, she wasn't in control when that stuff was happening. So she cleans, organizes and wants things to be a certain way so she feels safe and in control. Her and Haley have quite a bit in common, they cope in different ways but they will probably have a great moment together when they reveal their secrets to each other.

Think what you will about the "story changing" midway through or whatever, but this game is really deep on a psychological and emotional level.

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
I gotta admit at first I wasn't too fond of how we were forced into a relationship with Sandra and how she acted more like a Mother than a girlfriend with MC but after a while she started growing on me especially when we learn about her Mother having a similar past traumatic experience as Haley being the reason why she is the way that she is. I like her to the point where I have two different save routes. One with Sandra and one without.

Reactions: ontach and Ozel

Blablablafapper

Engaged Member
Apr 19, 2019
Sandra is the way she is because of whatever happened with her mother. She wants to be in control, she wasn't in control when that stuff was happening. So she cleans, organizes and wants things to be a certain way so she feels safe and in control. Her and Haley have quite a bit in common, they cope in different ways but they will probably have a great moment together when they reveal their secrets to each other.

Think what you will about the "story changing" midway through or whatever, but this game is really deep on a psychological and emotional level.
Do you think Haley 2.0 is being abused as well or is just a natural weirdo? Cause I honestly can't tell when it comes to her. We know that Klaus still has his disgusting obsession with Haley so it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for him to be abusing and manipulating his Step-Daughter I think she said she was giving her name being Haley.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ozel

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
Do you think Haley 2.0 is being abused as well or is just a natural weirdo? Cause I honestly can't tell when it comes to her. We know that Klaus still has his disgusting obsession with Haley so it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for him to be abusing and manipulating his Step-Daughter I think she said she was giving her name being Haley.
Haley made herself believe it was all her doing as a coping mechanism, so could be that Haley 2 is doing the same. Could be that he hasn't touched her at all. Could end up being a big catch-22 in the story: Klaus is no longer the person he used to be, so do we punish him or do we let him be? Probably won't go that direction, but would make for an interesting moral dilemma and plot twist in the story.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
We will just have to wait and see because Haley said she wanted to talk to her again and is why there going back home for the 3rd weekend in a roll.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Sandra is the way she is because of whatever happened with her mother. She wants to be in control, she wasn't in control when that stuff was happening. So she cleans, organizes and wants things to be a certain way so she feels safe and in control. Her and Haley have quite a bit in common
A lot of the "complaints" about Haley — that she's manipulative, that she engineers situations to put her and her brother together, that she's emotionally whimsical and elusive — are really just identifying exactly what you're describing: coping mechanisms. Sandra reacted by being hyper-controlling. Haley reacted with a combination of manipulation and detachment. Her beautifully lighthearted personality is a cover. Not quite an illusion — it is who she is — but not the whole story, either.

Do you think Haley 2.0 is being abused as well or is just a natural weirdo?
I'm not sure I'd call her a weirdo. Frankly, what the MC is doing to her is extremely shitty; from her perspective he's the weirdo. (And so is his oddly hostile sister.)

We don't know how old she is, or at least I don't think we do. I think the game taking on a third victim of sexual abuse, and one that's not even a major character or tied to one, would be unwise. Which is why I think that she's not yet a victim, though it's quite possible that she's being groomed given what she reveals about her stepdad's feelings about her name. This would provide a logical path towards Haley's eventual healing; her story stopping what would've been a repeat of what happened to her. But this is just a guess.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019
I was gonna download this and then remembered how much i fucking hated Sandra. Is she still forced to be a part of the MC's life for like the majority of the game or has that changed?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I was gonna download this and then remembered how much i fucking hated Sandra. Is she still forced to be a part of the MC's life for like the majority of the game or has that changed?
She'll break up with you if you want, but as someone who also disliked Sandra she has become one of my favorites these last few updates. Haley is still #1, but Sandra is definitely #2. Quite the gap between those two and the rest of the girls.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
We don't know how old she is, or at least I don't think we do. I think the game taking on a third victim of sexual abuse, and one that's not even a major character or tied to one, would be unwise. Which is why I think that she's not yet a victim, though it's quite possible that she's being groomed given what she reveals about her stepdad's feelings about her name. This would provide a logical path towards Haley's eventual healing; her story stopping what would've been a repeat of what happened to her. But this is just a guess.
This is my hope for the best outcome. Haley II is being groomed by Klaus, but Haley and the MC get to her before Klaus has done anything, and warn her off.

Reactions: BTungsteno and Ozel

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
If Klaus is not stopped, we could wind up with this...

I'm Haley the eighth, I am
Haley the eighth, I am, I am
I got molested by the tutor next door
He's screwed girls seven time before

And every one was an Haley (Haley)
He wouldn't have a Sally or a Gwen (No Gwen)
I'm his eighth victim, I'm Haley
Haley the eighth I am

Second verse, same as the first

I got molested by my tutor next door

Haley the eighth I am

H-A-L-E-Y
Haley (Haley)
Haley (Haley)
Haley the eighth I am, I am
Haley the eighth I am
Yeah!

Feel free to sing along.

Ozel

Compressor
Game Developer
Apr 14, 2019
This is my hope for the best outcome. Haley II is being groomed by Klaus, but Haley and the MC get to her before Klaus has done anything, and warn her off.
While this sounds lovely, Haley 2 said that Klaus and her mom have been married for 5 years, which means they've probably been together for at least 6 years. I doubt he took that long to groom Haley, so we can likely assume one of two things: either he's already abusing Haley 2, or he has changed his ways and is no longer the same person who abused Haley those years ago. The latter would make the game way more interesting than the former.

Reactions: Bryon Smothers

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
While this sounds lovely, Haley 2 said that Klaus and her mom have been married for 5 years, which means they've probably been together for at least 6 years. I doubt he took that long to groom Haley, so we can likely assume one of two things: either he's already abusing Haley 2, or he has changed his ways and is no longer the same person who abused Haley those years ago. The latter would make the game way more interesting than the former.
There are a few facts we don't know yet about Haley II. We don't know her age, nor do we know when she developed physically. Klaus could just have been biding his time until she was ripe, or until the temptation became too great.

If Klaus has reformed, that would certainly make the game interesting, but not satisfying to me. But it would also make any conversation between Haley and Haley II, in which Haley revealed what Klaus had done to her, both awkward and dangerous. How would that affect Haley II's relationship with her now-repentant stepfather? I think it would destroy it. Of course, that would be ironic justice, but it's not the way that I like to see justice done.

If we go with Klaus is now a good guy, Haley needs to ascertain that without spilling what happened to her to Haley II. Then Haley, herself, needs to get to a place where she can forgive Klaus. Not as satisfying to me, but I could live with that.

Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
A guy who "jokes" about having married a woman due in no small part to her daughter's name, and continues to gush to his now step-daughter what an amazing name Haley is on a frequent enough basis that she mentions it to relative strangers in passing, doesn't strike me as being terribly likely to have repented.

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
He says he knows and it's not his story to tell.
The next scene isn't if something's wrong, it's if she's better. To which he responds, No. But she will be.

It's not playing dumb it's being respectful of a sensitive subject. That said where you can critique the writing here is why the MC has more faith in telling both of his bosses Haley's story but cannot or won't confide in his girlfriend who has shown an uncanny amount of will and care to assist.
Yeah yeah sensitive subject. Replay the game and this time pay attention to the dialogue in the shower.

Reactions: Ozel

ontach

Apr 8, 2018
If Klaus is not stopped, we could wind up with this...

I got molested by the tutor next door

Haley the eighth I am

Second verse, same as the first

I got molested by my tutor next door

Haley the eighth I am

H-A-L-E-Y
Haley (Haley)
Haley (Haley)
Haley the eighth I am, I am
Haley the eighth I am
Yeah!

Feel free to sing along.
This is truly amazing. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Gave me the biggest belly laugh this year.

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.20 star(s) 302 Votes