Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I saw people acting here like on many occasions that she's close to a firsthand victim
Those were almost all people who reflexively hated the twist and were trying to rebrand the game as one with rampant sexual assault of NPCs as a narrative focus. The game has long since proven those people wrong.

Reactions: Walter Victor

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Maybe I'm way out of line here, but if in my personal life I'd get knowledge of a 15 year old having consensual sex with an adult I wouldnt make a big deal out of it, and I certainly wouldnt call it rape. At least not with what we know so far.
It gets a tricky with them beeing in a teacher-student relationship, but thats pretty much where my issues would stop.
Is it really such a big deal?

Obviously it is a big deal for haley, but ppl all the time have to come to terms with bad decisions they made in the past.

I was kinda surprised by the heavy reaction ingame, and also ppl here calling it a rape-twist.
I don't think it had a big impact on the way the game plays at all at least not so far.
Comparing it to what happened in AL doesnt make any sense to me, because the change the incident had for that game was on a different level.
The ingame reaction was what it was because the MC never really believed that it was a simple case from the very beginning, there's is something fishy about a relationship between a 15 year old student, and an almost 50 year old teacher. MC was suspicious, especially when Haley began dodging the subject every time. That's why the reaction was heavy in here as well, as there are enough real life examples of molesting, what was presented otherwise by the victims at first. By now it's pretty much confirmed that there is something more to it, than Haley simply comforting her heartbroken teacher, hence the way the story is going.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Maybe I'm way out of line here
You are. Legally it's rape (called statutory rape in the States; other jurisdictions have their own terms) no matter how it happened or who initiated it, and in many jurisdictions it's much worse and carries even heavier penalties when it's an enforced caretaker situation like a teacher and a student.

That said, the mods don't love this being relitigated for the thirtieth time and so we should let this drop.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018
No update from Dev
Hi
I'll keep this short. The update will be released on Friday. We'll finish preparing the last of the renders today. But actually rendering the animations is taking a bit longer than we thought. So, just to be safe we're putting the official release date for Friday. Quite late in the day, since it's a work day, but it should be all done by then.
Viit
Hi
Doing post work on the renders now. I still have some RL work to do, but I hope to be done with post by tonight, and that there aren't any issues.
This is the biggest update we've ever done for Haley in terms of renders.
Including animations it gets to the 750 renders mark. While our usual ones are around 350-400.
That's why we're struggling a bit.
But we hope to get it all done tonight. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for your patience

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Maybe I'm way out of line here, but if in my personal life I'd get knowledge of a 15 year old having consensual sex with an adult I wouldnt make a big deal out of it, and I certainly wouldnt call it rape
It's not what we call it, it's what the law calls it.

He was in a position of power over a student which, by law, is statutory rape.

Comparing it to what happened in AL doesnt make any sense to me, because the change the incident had for that game was on a different level.
It didn't change the game per se, it changed how people view 1 character in it.

Some people saw Haley as quite innocent and not very experienced but it turns out she is probably more sexually experienced than the MC and even with taking the statutory rape away she's still well versed sexually.

Some people don't like that.

If a girl aint a virgin they have problems.

yctracon

Sep 22, 2019
It's not what we call it, it's what the law calls it.

He was in a position of power over a student which, by law, is statutory rape.
Someone asked to drop the conversation so this is probably the last I'm gonna say about it.
You're right. I didn't realize how big of a difference it makes legally that he was her teacher (assuming that law in the US is similar to where I live).

However so far the game doesnt tackle the legal side of the situation at all, MC is trying to find some way to help his sister through this and maybe get revenge on the teacher, some way to punish the teacher for this outrageous thing he's done.

At that point it becomes a conversation about how we personally view and judge the situation, and on a personal level for me I don't think it would make a huge difference whether she had sex with her teacher or her neighbor or just some random guy she met on the internet. It's more about whether she is developed enough to give her consent (which at the age of 15 she most likely was) and then theres an ick-factor based on how big the age difference is, which probably isnt even justified. So while I'd say legally it wasn't ok what he did, I wouldn't personally condemn him for it or anything like that, especially not without knowing more details about the situation.

For me it would be interesting to know whether other ppl think the outrage of MC is justified, and, if yes, whether the main reason is that Klaus was her teacher, or whether there are other reasons.

If a girl aint a virgin they have problems.
Haley is introduced into the game with a present boyfriend and then proceeds to talk about how he doesnt perform that well sexually, I'd say theres no basis to expect her to be sexually inexperienced at all. If anything at that point I'd expect her to have a variety of different partners to compare him with.
I find more reasons to expect Sandra to be less experienced based on how she doesnt let anybody touch her forever.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I find more reasons to expect Sandra to be less experienced based on how she doesnt let anybody touch her forever.
Sandra does explain why she makes us wait, she had a bad experience with a previous lover and rushed the sex aspect. Now she waits.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
It certainly didn't cause a big enough issue that i'd need to leave and keep coming back to voice an opinion hardly anyone gives a toads testicle about.
Maybe S. can do the math. How many total posts have there been since my post and how many of those posts were generated by my post? This discussion was dead, now it's alive. You must have cared since you bothered to reply. The way you show that you don't care is by ignoring the post. Obviously my post was not ignored. So apparently people cared, they did not agree.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
A. to me a facepalm means I don't agree but can't make a coherent argument about why I disagree.

• Angry
Reactions: Jubz
Apr 9, 2019
This was an amazingly beautiful story, with great depth of character that you simply can't find in most games. I started this VN sometime in the afternoon and couldn't stop 'til I finished around three in the morning. I'm unsure about the frequency of updates, or if they're still even happening, but I'm avidly awaiting the next few. Hopefully in X amount of months there will be a enough new content to justify a fresh download.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
At that point it becomes a conversation about how we personally view and judge the situation, and on a personal level for me I don't think it would make a huge difference whether she had sex with her teacher or her neighbor or just some random guy she met on the internet. It's more about whether she is developed enough to give her consent (which at the age of 15 she most likely was) and then theres an ick-factor based on how big the age difference is, which probably isnt even justified. So while I'd say legally it wasn't ok what he did, I wouldn't personally condemn him for it or anything like that, especially not without knowing more details about the situation.

For me it would be interesting to know whether other ppl think the outrage of MC is justified, and, if yes, whether the main reason is that Klaus was her teacher, or whether there are other reasons.
For me it is, and the main reason is that Klaus is/was her teacher. And I am not taking the "it's illegal so it's bad" approach, although that is also true, but I actually do share the reasoning behind it being illegal.

First, I disagree with your "at 15 she is old enough" statement, at least in this generality. Many people are not at that age, especially in regions and/or personal surroundings where you aren't properly taught about the theory.

Also the question is whether this is really consent out of her free will to engage with the teacher (and my reading of the story is that it isn't for her in hindsight, otherwise Haley would have to have a totally different way of talking about it). Younger people are more influenceable by older and - and this is where the teacher part kicks in - more powerful people. There's so many ways a teacher can make life more or less enjoyable to their pupils not by the virtue of their personality but by using their position. Intentionally giving or withholding praise, whether deserved or not. The teacher doesn't even have to do it consciously and sneakily, it just may happen.

I do not doubt that "true love" without anything like that going on between a teenager and a way older teacher may happen once in a blue moon. But in all likelihood this is not.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Maybe S. can do the math. How many total posts have there been since my post and how many of those posts were generated by my post? This discussion was dead, now it's alive. You must have cared since you bothered to reply. The way you show that you don't care is by ignoring the post. Obviously my post was not ignored. So apparently people cared, they did not agree.
There's a small error in your reasoning: this is not a discussion nor a conversation further than that this is an exchange of words. When you go to a metal concert and scream over the music that "metal sucks" and people tell you in more or less polite terms to STFU, that is not a discussion. You are just being a nuisance hindering others enjoying what they like. You are free to voice your opinion, sure, you may review and rate the game, that will be included in the general overview new players may get. But this already goes beyond that: you've apparently voiced your opinion, it was discussed, and everybody decided for themselves what they thought. Restarting an issue that has been settled without any new reason to do so is not having a discussion, it is the equivalent of a toddler screaming "Am not!" "Am not!" "Am not!" "You're so mean!"

And yes, people do care. They just don't care about your personal quibbles. They care about the fact that you're trying to disturb the conversation in here. That's why you get a reaction, not for your statements. You would get the same annoyed results, albeit a bit differently worded, if you just wrote "San Francisco 49ers stink and Miley Cyrus is gay" or whatever else that has nothing to do with anything anybody else writes about.

By the way: writing something provoking, relishing in your greatness and bravery of doing so anonymously on the internet, annoying people and then counting the number of people you've annoyed, giving yourself a pat on the shoulder for each and every one of them, this is common behavior on the internet. So common in fact that there is a name for people who do this. It is "troll".

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Anyone have news on release date for .85. I'm gonna continue Qleaf's walkthrough w his Blessing, and just wondered if the dev has given a ballpark estimate?

4.20 star(s) 301 Votes