Rei132

Mar 8, 2020
Loving this story so far. Havent gotten to the klaus content, but I'm kind of scared for it. It does make me want to protect haley even more now.

Also are all scenes with haley bdsm or whatever you would call it? At the moment of posting this I've gotten only as far as the spanking?

Reactions: vmaks

215303j

Also are all scenes with haley bdsm or whatever you would call it? At the moment of posting this I've gotten only as far as the spanking?
I guess it depends on what you call BDSM but there is no any content involving bondage / gimp suits / whips etc.
So although there is some kind of dom/sub thing going on in the relationship between Haley and the MC, I would not call it BDSM myself.

The dom/sub thing is mainly from Haley's side, likely as a way for her to deal with the Klaus trauma, although that's just speculation at this point. I would not say Haley's personality is submissive, she just likes to play sub during the sexy times. The MC is also not really dominant, he's just there for Haley and goes along with what she wants for most part.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Rei132

Mar 8, 2020
The dom/sub thing is mainly from Haley's side, likely as a way for her to deal with the Klaus trauma
okay, i haven't gotten to the klaus part yet, but that does make sense if thats true.

Also, yeah i wasnt quite sure if it was going to turn into that or stay as a dom/sub thing. Not really my thing, but I'm here for the story anyways.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I guess it depends on what you call BDSM but there is no any content involving bondage / gimp suits / whips etc.
So although there is some kind of dom/sub thing going on in the relationship between Haley and the MC, I would not call it BDSM myself.

The dom/sub thing is mainly from Haley's side, likely as a way for her to deal with the Klaus trauma, although that's just speculation at this point. I would not say Haley's personality is submissive, she just likes to play sub during the sexy times. The MC is also not really dominant, he's just there for Haley and goes along with what she wants for most part.
Well, Dominance/submission is absolutely meat and potatoes BDSM. It isn't just about leather and ropes, you know.

In this story, it seems that Haley is a sub who wants MC to Dom her, but he is either oblivious or not really into it so far. He's done some fairly half-hearted roleplay with her.

As for the Klaus reason for Haley's submission, that theory has been pretty well debunked I think. Her own stories tell about her submission fantasies from an early age, well before whatever happened with Klaus.

215303j

Well, Dominance/submission is absolutely meat and potatoes BDSM. It isn't just about leather and ropes, you know.
I'm far from an expert in BDSM, so you are probably right and I should shut the fuck up, but it actually is about leather and ropes in the minds of a lot of people.

If someone asks me for a recommendation for a BDSM game, Haley's Story would be quite far from my mind.

But let's break it down:
Bondage? Not in the game
Dominance? Maybe a bit, but it's pretty one-sided
Sadism? No, the MC is not a sadist at heart
Masochism? Maybe, Haley likes it, but not in an extreme form in my opinion.

Most / all vanilla relationships have some dom/sub dynamic, even non-sexual ones.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I believe that the MC does have some inclination towards the Dom side of their relationship. Let us not forget that, early in the game, he was sorely tempted to take Haley by force. I think that once he realizes that this is exactly what Haley wants, he will dive into that role wholeheartedly.

azrailkenan

Feb 28, 2020
hello haley's story after a scene in ep13, the language goes from turkish to english, when i look into the translated language file, i see that there is a translation, but is there any friend that can help you count the translation?

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
It's been a while since I've posted here. Many might ask why I still bother with this story. At one time I really liked it, I was even a financial supporter. I stopped with the Klaus revelation. I was originally told that the Klaus situation was going to take four or five updates to resolve. If that had worked out, it should have been resolved in December or January. My hope was that once this story line had been concluded, this story might return to its former glory. Now we are about to hit the end of April and still nothing. Originally I thought that the developers just did not know how to resolve the mess that they had created. There was all the talk about Viitgames and Ptolemy not agreeing on a solution. I wonder now if it's more a matter of just milking the story for every cent that they can get out of it. Financially it's doing better than it ever has. With all the errors that have crept into the game, it seems that quality control has gone out the window since the errors would have been discovered if someone connected with the project had done a simple play through. Really, if like me, you are playing the Haley-only path; what has occurred since August. Haley spent one update doing crossword puzzles. In another update, she went dancing and spent two days getting her nails done. She did grow pubic hair, so at least that's something. She went to a therapist once, but did not really talk to her. Finally in the last update, the developers showed how much disdain Haley's parents have always had for her (it's not just because they know about Klaus) since we get the story how her Dad lied to her about the cave so he would not have to take her to see it. He had no problem taking MC. I wonder if in the next big plot twist we will learn that Haley is not really MC's sister. Maybe that is why her parents have always treated her so badly. It would certainly resolve the whole incest issue. She pointed out at one point that she lost her room, I'm surprised she even had a room. She's lucky that she did not have to sleep in a closet under the stairs. Does anyone believe that she got the same offer of financial assistance to move out on her own? If MC had to get money from his parents to move out, where would this leave Haley if he did so? They certainly treat her as the proverbial Red-Headed Stepchild. So why do I still bother? One, I want people to know that there is another opinion about this story. If you don't believe me, go back in this forum to just after the August update. See all the hate it got. Two, you know how some people slow down when they pass an accident; I guess I'm just curious how this train wreck plays out.

When the whole Klaus thing came up, I posted here and PM'd Viitgames that I thought that the need for some drama would have been better served by one of the parents becoming seriously ill and possibly dying. I said that the Mom could have gotten cancer or the Dad have a heart attack. Not an original idea by any stretch. I thought it would be more relatable for the audience. I said the kids would have to deal the their parent's death and the impact it would have on the surviving parent. Just to point out that's the story line so far in Radiant and although it has only been out a week, it already makes more money than HS. One good thing, Gamersglory's Lexi uses the Haley model for a character. The name of the character's mom is Haley. Maybe Haley's daughter will have a happier life (and better parents) than her mom.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
It's been a while since I've posted here. Many might ask why I still bother with this story. At one time I really liked it, I was even a financial supporter. I stopped with the Klaus revelation. I was originally told that the Klaus situation was going to take four or five updates to resolve. If that had worked out, it should have been resolved in December or January. My hope was that once this story line had been concluded, this story might return to its former glory. Now we are about to hit the end of April and still nothing. Originally I thought that the developers just did not know how to resolve the mess that they had created. There was all the talk about Viitgames and Ptolemy not agreeing on a solution. I wonder now if it's more a matter of just milking the story for every cent that they can get out of it. Financially it's doing better than it ever has. With all the errors that have crept into the game, it seems that quality control has gone out the window since the errors would have been discovered if someone connected with the project had done a simple play through. Really, if like me, you are playing the Haley-only path; what has occurred since August. Haley spent one update doing crossword puzzles. In another update, she went dancing and spent two days getting her nails done. She did grow pubic hair, so at least that's something. She went to a therapist once, but did not really talk to her. Finally in the last update, the developers showed how much disdain Haley's parents have always had for her (it's not just because they know about Klaus) since we get the story how her Dad lied to her about the cave so he would not have to take her to see it. He had no problem taking MC. I wonder if in the next big plot twist we will learn that Haley is not really MC's sister. Maybe that is why her parents have always treated her so badly. It would certainly resolve the whole incest issue. She pointed out at one point that she lost her room, I'm surprised she even had a room. She's lucky that she did not have to sleep in a closet under the stairs. Does anyone believe that she got the same offer of financial assistance to move out on her own? If MC had to get money from his parents to move out, where would this leave Haley if he did so? They certainly treat her as the proverbial Red-Headed Stepchild. So why do I still bother? One, I want people to know that there is another opinion about this story. If you don't believe me, go back in this forum to just after the August update. See all the hate it got. Two, you know how some people slow down when they pass an accident; I guess I'm just curious how this train wreck plays out.

When the whole Klaus thing came up, I posted here and PM'd Viitgames that I thought that the need for some drama would have been better served by one of the parents becoming seriously ill and possibly dying. I said that the Mom could have gotten cancer or the Dad have a heart attack. Not an original idea by any stretch. I thought it would be more relatable for the audience. I said the kids would have to deal the their parent's death and the impact it would have on the surviving parent. Just to point out that's the story line so far in Radiant and although it has only been out a week, it already makes more money than HS. One good thing, Gamersglory's Lexi uses the Haley model for a character. The name of the character's mom is Haley. Maybe Haley's daughter will have a happier life (and better parents) than her mom.
Do we use Haily's modal in Lexi? No, we use the same hair on one of the girls but the modal is different. Also, Lexi is not my game its Chatterbox game. I work with him. I do not work with Ptolemy anymore as he decided to let me go after 3+ years working with him to cut costs.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

It is interesting that you offered your assistance on how to fix the game.

My contention has always been that developers should have a plan for their game and stick to it. It seems obvious (at least to me), that the developers were not going to suddenly change their minds that late in the game, and completely change the trajectory of their story. What would be their incentive to do so? If you think there was a lot of hate when the Klaus drama was revealed, consider the uproar that would have occurred had they then changed the plot to your suggestion. I surmise that they would have lost most of their support. I also doubt that you and the other haters would have resumed your pledges had they acceded to your wishes.

If anyone told you how many episodes the Klaus resolution would take, unless it was a developer, why would you take such an estimate at face value. We are all just guessing here as to such things.

As a Patron myself, I am quite satisfied with the way that the game is progressing. Their changes HAVE forced me to play two separate routes for each release. But, now I am interested to see how the Klaus resolution, and especially the twincest resolution will unfold for each route. But maybe I'm just too stupid to see that I'm being milked, since I am enjoying the game immensely.

Why do I bother responding to you, when I know my words have zero impact on you? I guess it's to let people know that there is another opinion than yours. If you don't believe me, just go back and read a few pages, and see the support the game has garnered lately, especially from new players. Cheers!

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
It is interesting that you offered your assistance on how to fix the game.

My contention has always been that developers should have a plan for their game and stick to it. It seems obvious (at least to me), that the developers were not going to suddenly change their minds that late in the game, and completely change the trajectory of their story. What would be their incentive to do so? If you think there was a lot of hate when the Klaus drama was revealed, consider the uproar that would have occurred had they then changed the plot to your suggestion. I surmise that they would have lost most of their support. I also doubt that you and the other haters would have resumed your pledges had they acceded to your wishes.

If anyone told you how many episodes the Klaus resolution would take, unless it was a developer, why would you take such an estimate at face value. We are all just guessing here as to such things.

As a Patron myself, I am quite satisfied with the way that the game is progressing. Their changes HAVE forced me to play two separate routes for each release. But, now I am interested to see how the Klaus resolution, and especially the twincest resolution will unfold for each route. But maybe I'm just too stupid to see that I'm being milked, since I am enjoying the game immensely.

Why do I bother responding to you, when I know my words have zero impact on you? I guess it's to let people know that there is another opinion than yours. If you don't believe me, just go back and read a few pages, and see the support the game has garnered lately, especially from new players. Cheers!
I did not ask anyone to change the story, I merely said that an alternate form of drama would have been better. I knew at the time that the die had already been cast and there was no going back. What I actually suggested was a quick resolution to get the game back on track.

I was told I could reveal the information given, but asked not to reveal the source of the information regarding the number of updates it would take to resolve the Klaus situation. It was planned to take four or five updates. Why it changed, that I do not know. I am fairly certain at this point you are being milked.

You do have to play two separate routes because absolutely nothing is going on in the Haley-only route. Nothing really has happened since August.

Yes, at this point you have the majority opinion since those with my viewpoint have left or avoid the game. As far as support goes, it does not do that well for a game that has been out for over a year and an a half and updates monthly. Again, it took Radiant one week to surpass it.

Reactions: OdinValgallovih

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Do we use Haily's modal in Lexi? No, we use the same hair on one of the girls but the modal is different. Also, Lexi is not my game its Chatterbox game. I work with him. I do not work with Ptolemy anymore as he decided to let me go after 3+ years working with him to cut costs.
Well, Mindy appears for just a moment and from a distance as I recall. Her most noticeable feature was her hair and with her bio listing "Haley" as her mother, hopefully my confusion is understandable.

Ptolemy is working on five stories right now. According to WV and others, this game is doing great. I'm not sure cutting costs was the real issue. Could it have been that you were critical of the plot twist in this story, and your comment about needing a break from Ptolemy when you mentioned that you were working on Lexi? I hope Lexi is a big success so you don't have to work with Ptolemy again if you that is your wish. I would support Lexi at a higher dollar value than I currently am if I knew that the story was not going to take is similar turn as Haley's Story with a reveal that Kaley (I think that's the character's name) was molested by Jason.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
My contention has always been that developers should have a plan for their game and stick to it. It seems obvious (at least to me), that the developers were not going to suddenly change their minds that late in the game, and completely change the trajectory of their story.
That isn't always a good idea though. Here, I don't have that much of a problem with the story flow even though I hate the whole Klaus shit and I find it somewhat unnecessary, but desperately clinging to an idea and going through with it can backfire easily. Look at My Sister My Roommate and it's first ending, typical example of a dev showing down his original idea even though the story flow changed it into something else, and losing cohesiveness then getting a shitstorm because of that.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
That isn't always a good idea though. Here, I don't have that much of a problem with the story flow even though I hate the whole Klaus shit and I find it somewhat unnecessary, but desperately clinging to an idea and going through with it can backfire easily. Look at My Sister My Roommate and it's first ending, typical example of a dev showing down his original idea even though the story flow changed it into something else, and losing cohesiveness then getting a shitstorm because of that.
I still maintain that a developer should plan out, at least in general form, how a game's plot should proceed from beginning to end, and then live or die by that plan. I have seen too many instances of where a developer was persuaded to deviate from the original intent, only to lose interest in his/her own game, resulting in abandonment. Naturally, some minor changes can be incorporated into the plot, if the developer actually thinks it's a good idea.

If the developer's idea for a game is unpopular, perhaps the game should be abandoned, or perhaps the developer needs to get out of the business. Or perhaps the developer might be satisfied to not be the most popular guy on F95, if he/she wants to share their thoughts with the small number of fans who like the game, and profits be damned.

Personally, any time a developer says that major plot development will be guided by polls, I immediately place that game on my Rejected list. For one thing, it tells me that the developer has no coherent thought for the game, except for an initial premise. I am not interested in such a game.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Personally, any time a developer says that major plot development will be guided by polls, I immediately place that game on my Rejected list. For one thing, it tells me that the developer has no coherent thought for the game, except for an initial premise. I am not interested in such a game.
Same. When profit dictates design i stop caring because it's clear the devs did a long time ago.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
As far as support goes, it does not do that well for a game that has been out for over a year and an a half and updates monthly. Again, it took Radiant one week to surpass it.
I cannot possibly express how little this knowledge affects me. Radiant is an excellent game, which deserves all the support it is getting. However, so long as the developers continue with this game, I don't care if I am the ONLY person who plays and supports it.

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes