• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Damn! I hadn't thought about that. There's a gaping loophole there.
We have a good case! :LOL:
Arguing that case sounds like a good way to get any non-compliant kinetic novels banned as well. :(

Didn't Patreon crack down to appease their payment system providers (PayPal etc.)?

They were fine with their kinky back-alleys until the money men stomped them.

Just be grateful they're still not particularly vigilant and some things escape their gaze (Evilmodders etc.).

Reactions: Walter Victor

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Arguing that case sounds like a good way to get any non-compliant kinetic novels banned as well. :(

Didn't Patreon crack down to appease their payment system providers (PayPal etc.)?

They were fine with their kinky back-alleys until the money men stomped them.

Just be grateful they're still not particularly vigilant and some things escape their gaze (Evilmodders etc.).
Well, it's not the devs' fault if some deviants decide to provide patches for the incest loving hordes.
After all, they wrote their games with landladies, roommates and childhood friends in mind...

Now, on a more serious note, it's clear Patreon doesn't give a fuck what their members do as long as that shit doesn't affect their business. The question is why do certain sections of society have this personal crusade against the evils of videogames, be it violence or kinky sexual relationships, while at the same times movies or series have never been a problem.
At least until now, because lately we've been witnessing some SJW attitudes that will soon compromise our freedom of entertainment even further.

Rd835

Aug 2, 2018
It's not only about this update, but the previous one as well. During the club scene and back home she was already contradictory a bit.On one hand she pushed the MC to go for it, but on the other hand, she had snarky comments and grimaces when Lisa was too pushy or clingy, and unlike when she snarks about other girls, it did felt like she was bothered by it to an extent. This update did continue the tendency, she giving her space and help, but then getting visibly upset when the "side-chick" was still there when she went back home. I'm not sure if this is the beginning of a "more selfish, less sharing" Haley on the solo route, or it's just about Lisa, and the case of two pipers in one tavern because of their somewhat similar characteristics, but neither Adriana or Diane seemed to "bother" her this much.
For Adrianna, she keeps mocking him for being the boss sex doll. I found her comments on this relationship (especially on the phone during the "Adi stay" moment) quite similar with the ones about Lisa. But maybe i just the usual plain Haley's snarky side.
For Diane, she says she doesn't mind, but she's quite cold on the subject. Maybe because she knows Diane is totally not serious/committed to this (unlike Lisa who seems quite hooked to the MC).
And for Alanna, I don't remember exactly, but I think she's hardly aware of her existence.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Well, it's not the devs' fault if some deviants decide to provide patches for the incest loving hordes.
After all, they wrote their games with landladies, roommates and childhood friends in mind...

Now, on a more serious note, it's clear Patreon doesn't give a fuck what their members do as long as that shit doesn't affect their business. The question is why do certain sections of society have this personal crusade against the evils of videogames, be it violence or kinky sexual relationships, while at the same times movies or series have never been a problem.
At least until now, because lately we've been witnessing some SJW attitudes that will soon compromise our freedom of entertainment even further.

Shit they've already almost killed the RPG genre (CD project Red prob the last saving grace) , we will see if they cave to the pressure when cyberpunk comes out. But please don't let them kill the AVN genre.. the last safe space to escape the bull shit going on!

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
And for Alanna, I don't remember exactly, but I think she's hardly aware of her existence.
Savage but true. The last time you see her is at the shrinks and she ask to hang out again but nada so far.

Vordertur

Jul 21, 2017
The question is why do certain sections of society have this personal crusade against the evils of videogames, be it violence or kinky sexual relationships, while at the same times movies or series have never been a problem.
1. Videogames are still a relatively "new" phenomenon. Consider that they've only been around for, what, 40 years? 50 at the outside? Movies and TV have been around for much longer. Books and art for much, much longer before that. People (Speaking in general) are slow to change and accept new things.

2. Watching a movie or TV show, or reading a book or looking at a piece of art is one thing. Games are interactive. The fact that you can do more than just be passively entertained by someone's "morally bankrupt" work but be an active participant in it, probably freaks the pearl clutchers out.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Despite their completely fine legality in US law, step-siblings are still considered incest by patreon. :cautious:

In regards to everything else, if he hasn't had something on hot standby for a while now, Pto's clearly clueless and has no idea what he's doing.

Also, great to see the thread back to its normal level of animosity. Personally, I've missed it.
No shit sherlock. Ptolemy has been getting away with it for oh going on 4 years. to call him clueless would be stupid was he playing with fire yes I told him a long time ago that he needed to have fan patches. But the big thing that gets me is some ass hat reporting to Patreon because they don't like the way the game was going. creative people, we have to write things that interest us as well as others working on the same project for two years gets boring as hell and this game still does way better then any of his others even if he is over making it. If you don't like it don't play it. simple as that.

Also game is now on Subscribestar

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's the post recently sent to $5 subscribers at Patreon:

1593140407164.png

One the 5$ release

Hi

I know you're waiting for the 5$ release.

We've been contacted by Patreon's trust and safety team, since apparently some aspects our game are in violation of the terms of service here. We are having to modify the dialogue in the game to eliminate that violation. We're consulting with the team now on how to best be in compliance.

But this will delay the update a bit. We hope to release it tomorrow evening. There's 55000 lines of dialogue that we have to go through and some of them rewrite or modify.

To be swift about the changes, from now on Haley will be the MC's childhood friend. And that's the way it has to be. Thank you for your patience.

Viit

To me, this means that we will know by tomorrow or the day after, just how the developers have handled the problem. Whether a patch will be included at the same time as the release, I do not know.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Here's the post recently sent to $5 subscribers at Patreon:

View attachment 706339

One the 5$ release

Hi

I know you're waiting for the 5$ release.

We've been contacted by Patreon's trust and safety team, since apparently some aspects our game are in violation of the terms of service here. We are having to modify the dialogue in the game to eliminate that violation. We're consulting with the team now on how to best be in compliance.

But this will delay the update a bit. We hope to release it tomorrow evening. There's 55000 lines of dialogue that we have to go through and some of them rewrite or modify.

To be swift about the changes, from now on Haley will be the MC's childhood friend. And that's the way it has to be. Thank you for your patience.

Viit

To me, this means that we will know by tomorrow or the day after, just how the developers have handled the problem. Whether a patch will be included at the same time as the release, I do not know.
I hope the *ahem* "evil modder" does a good job with the patch. I actually prefer the twin sister aspect.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
It just dawned on me, isn't subscrbestar A LOT less restrictive when it comes to certain elements in a VN compared to patreon? Since Viitgames now has a subscribestar account, would that mean the twin sister version would be there and the childhood friend version is on patreon?

Guess we wait and see.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
It just dawned on me, isn't subscrbestar A LOT less restrictive when it comes to certain elements in a VN compared to patreon? Since Viitgames now has a subscribestar account, would that mean the twin sister version would be there and the childhood friend version is on patreon?

Guess we wait and see.
That's what Mr.Dots is doing with Sunshine Love.

I really wish some dev who got dinged for violating the Patreon guidelines would ask Trust and Safety (Ha!) why their game didn't fall under the "it's fiction" provision, and let us know what the response was.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
I really wish some dev who got dinged for violating the Patreon guidelines would ask Trust and Safety (Ha!) why their game didn't fall under the "it's fiction" provision, and let us know what the response was.
Curious as well. I wouldn't mind a good chuckle.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The old "childhood friend" wild card. Handy as ever.
Actually, the MC and Haley are not related to each other, nor is either of them related to anyone else in the game. They have been renting rooms from their landlord and landlady since the kids were both 9. The rent money comes from the estates of their dead parents, all four of whom perished in Hurricane Katrina, while the MC and Haley were attending summer camp. They lived with their landlady and landlord for so long that they started calling them 'Mom' and 'Dad'. It's a common, if tragic, story.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1. Videogames are still a relatively "new" phenomenon. Consider that they've only been around for, what, 40 years? 50 at the outside? Movies and TV have been around for much longer. Books and art for much, much longer before that. People (Speaking in general) are slow to change and accept new things.

2. Watching a movie or TV show, or reading a book or looking at a piece of art is one thing. Games are interactive. The fact that you can do more than just be passively entertained by someone's "morally bankrupt" work but be an active participant in it, probably freaks the pearl clutchers out.
While the post you're referring to was sarcastic, I think both of you are absolutely correct. And to play devil's advocate here, I don't even think it is a double standard - which doesn't mean I agree with it, just that there is a difference between interactive and non interactive media.

Let's move away from incest to shooters. There is a difference between murders existing in a virtual world (which is realistic of course) and you being the one doing it, especially if in the former case it's way easier to discuss how bad killing is than in the latter (of course this does not always hold true, there are movies gloryfying it and games really deconstructing the "good guy with a gun saves the day" trope).

So I see a difference, which has a certain objectivity, which isn't a double standard. Still, that doesn't mean that I think that difference is sensible (I don't think so and IMO they should go all the way or leave it be).

But as Vordertur pointed out, games are still a "new" phenomenon, especially as an everyday activity for adults. The mere existence for 50 years for nerds doesn't do it justice. Maybe 30 years ago they became commonplace but they left their small little corner even later. So there is a good chance that you'll have execs and other decisionmakers in these companies who are from a generation where they never really played video games. They will slowly grow old and disappear, but it's easier to wait the resistance get out of the picture than to change them.

Here in Germany, as you may know, we had a similar issue with references to the Third Reich in video games. Not because swastikas were all forbidden, as many people thought, but because video games were legislated as child toys and had way heavier scrutiny. All video games, even if they were only allowed for ages 18+. Swastikas in e. g. movies were fine, if historically appropriate. (NB: Gloryfying the Nazi era or Nazi ideology is still a crime - but for all media). Similarily, video games, even 18+, had to get rid of a lot of brutality. Enemies were turned into robots who were leaking oil instead of blood. Dismembered limbs didn't exist (which made Fallout 3 more difficult to play, since dismembering limbs is a part of the strategy - the mechanism still worked, but you got no feedback on whether you were able to cut off the arm). There's a slow change going on here right now, but the reason is/was: those in power just didn't have any experience with video games and thought only kids (i. e. people younger than them) used them. These days more and more people of course just realize that they are just another medium.

But in the end, Patreon is a private company and allowed to build their business model as they see fit. If they want any references to people names Jack out of the projects, because their CEO lost his high school sweetheart to a guy named Jack, that may be stupid, but it's perfectly within their rights to do so. Of course people don't have to condone it and can look for competitors to do their business, but we'll have to roll with these decisions.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We get turned on by what we think we shouldn't.
In a way of course. Make a game set in a world where incest is a non issue and everybody does it, so nobody talks about it any more than you'll talk about other intercourse or breakfast (say, some medieval fantasy world, some Sci Fi society, or some rural areas) and I guess it will lose a lot of the enjoyment.

Kame-Sennin

Engaged Member
Aug 29, 2017
I want to try to modify the Alana Scene myself, but I want to know if its possible to change the dialog (edit in-game text) just want to modify that Alana scene imagining someone else , I will just remove the name "Jake" and "Do you care?"

Edit: Also Haley calling MC "Daddy" if possible I'll change it to "Bro"

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I want to try to modify the Alana Scene myself, but I want to know if its possible to change the dialog (edit in-game text) just want to modify that Alana scene imagining someone else , I will just remove the name "Jake" and "Do you care?"

Edit: Also Haley calling MC "Daddy" if possible I'll change it to "Bro"
Sure, you can do this.

You need the scripts. If the "game" directory doesn't have .rpy files (for example, script.rpy), you'll need a tool like UnRen to unpack .rpa files and decompile .rpyc files. The scripts are all .rpy files; edit them as you see fit.

If you had to unpack .rpa files, you can delete them - they just take up space after that, like a zip after you've extracted it.

Suggestion - work on a copy. That way you still have the original if something goes wrong.

4.20 star(s) 299 Votes