-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Not so match off-topic, really. We were talking about the music in this game, named a few good examples and how we handle the sounds in games. Pretty much on-topic, IMHO.
I agree. It's not like we completely derailed the focus of discussion. We were talking about sound management, and especially so in Haley's Story.
As you noted there are some good ones that I've been persuaded to turn on the music (Leap of Faith is another one if you haven't tried it).
Exactly. Proof that it can be done well. I understand that a lot of developers are flying solo, so it's a little ridiculous to expect them to be excellent at: renders; game design; programming; and writing (both dialogue and plot) — and then on top of that also to be excellent at sound management. But if you can't do sound well, you shouldn't do it, then. That was my primary point about its addition to Haley's Story. Since 90+% of adult VNs don't use sound at all, there's really no reason to feel a need for it, regardless of what patrons say.
Voice acting in these games is terrible without exceptions. I hope that more developers avoid VA in games, especially don't want it in Haley's Story. I already have a "voice" I imagine for her in my head (a pleasant and slightly deeper but melodious voice) and don't need to hear a VA do a high pitched giggly interpretation.
I actually like the VA for Claudia in Milky Touch, but she's a rare exception; the VA for Karen is atrocious. I hated the VAs in an earlier version of Picture Perfect; there are way too many giggle, laugh, and pouting sound effects in Aurora Origins; VA is equally terrible in Awakening; etc. I actually didn't realize Haley's Story had VA; it must have been added for scenes early in the game or something. Given the generally bad quality of VA in games in general, and given how poorly the music has been handled here, I feel little hope for VA in this game.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
I played the non incest game and is funny how nobody even akknowledge the possibility that they could be a couple.
Despite the fact that he is an "easy trigger"
I really liked the story of this one any way. I skipped most of the relationships cause they seemed to be meeaningless compared to Haley. With this level of storytelling i didnt even care about the animations.

Congratulations, hope to see more in the future.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I skipped most of the relationships cause they seemed to be meeaningless compared to Haley.
How very dare you!!! ;) Personally, I find Sandra adorable, but I agree on every other girl: they're just some ass on the side for a player who wants more than one girl. There's no real substance to them, which is a shame. Adriana and Lisa — both of whom earlier in the game have control freaks / cheaters as their men — could have had much deeper portrayals in the game, more meaningful attachments to the MC; instead, they are hollow and just more women made available for a shag. That said, this is Haley's Story, after all, so I don't mind the focus being on her in pretty much every scenario. The fact that she, too, is completely adorable also helps. :D

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Anyway, I wonder since we got the Pupster involved, if Haley will hate us for doing that.
Oo, I never chose that. I felt it would only end in tears. I'm curious what happens, though. Please let me know whether you end up liking the result or not (i.e., whether that branch of the story is done well).
No-no, fortunately there is no VA in Haley's Story. :)
I just mentioned it since there is some partially cringy VA in one of the games with otherwise good music and ambient sounds.
Ah, great news, then. [sighs in relief] I would definitely not want any added.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Rd835

Aug 2, 2018
I don't know about anyone else, but I am making a save (in my NON-Sandra route) where Adriana asks the MC an important question. I'm afraid that saying 'Yes' might preclude other options for the MC. I might need to create another path from that point.
Personally, I make a different save at each episode since episode 17 (and a couple others before that) for both paths (and one single save for the Haley only-only path). So if there is a turning point at some point, I have a save not that far...

Reactions: Walter Victor

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Personally, I make a different save at each episode since episode 17 (and a couple others before that) for both paths (and one single save for the Haley only-only path). So if there is a turning point at some point, I have a save not that far...
I have a series of saves...Haley on top, Sandra on bottom. Oh that sounded cheeky! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Can someone share a 0.92 save? I lost mine and I didn't find anyone yet
For what path? I might be able to give you a save from not too far before the end of v0.92. Also, remind me where things ended for you so I can try to find something not too far before that.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Adriana and Lisa — both of whom earlier in the game have control freaks / cheaters as their men — could have had much deeper portrayals in the game, more meaningful attachments to the MC; instead, they are hollow and just more women made available for a shag.
While I certainly agree that Diane and Alana are pretty shallow, I don't agree about these two especially Adriana. MC and Adi have had a few different scenes where they witnessed and embraced each other's vulnerability. I think they have a true affection and respect for each other. I'm quite happy with how she has turned out as potential partner for MC (and perhaps Haley too.)

Lisa isn't as well developed. However, I think that is mainly because she hasn't had as much screen time and she was pretty much back burnered until MC broke up with Sandra. She is young and immature, but I do think she likes and cares for MC. Not sure how much MC returns those feelings though. There haven't been many (any?) opportunities to explore that yet. Even though we seem to be starting to wrap up the story, there may still be time to get a deeper picture of who Lisa is and how she might fit into MC's and Haley's life.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
Can you bang your sister yet?

And will there be a corruption path? Make her a hoe?

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes