PrimeX

I will impreggy your mommy
Donor
May 21, 2019
Is this gonna be completed in v1.0? Cause I think I will just wait l, haven't played since v0.50

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm not sure why developers think adding any old music in a game and having it play throughout — at an obnoxiously high volume — is a good idea. How many films or television shows do you know that blare music constantly and throw in whatever song wherever they can? Music should be subtle and compliment a scene. Except for occasionally at an intimate scene, the music doesn't fit the tone in the game half the time. Happy, chipper music is not fitting for: reflecting on past abuse; a dinner where you break off a relationship; talking about someone cheating on you; or any other dramatic, important scene. You might as well have no music than this stuff that's the opposite of the feeling of a scene. There's a reason I usually mute music volume in games....

Reactions: Alfius

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
The second that the MC and Victor pulled up to the mansion I knew ... wait a minute, that's Alexandra's mansion! Then when the MC from Alexandra shows up and takes him back to the pool where Izzy is lounging, I'm like, I know that hot ass! Since Alexandra in the other story line is getting more into the "business," (and since Ptolemy does the physical creation of both games and has all the assets) it is a crossover that makes sense. Someone needs to stop Klaus from continually hurting girls ... and the MC gets revenge for the harm he has caused Haley in the process. Sweet justice is served.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Is this gonna be completed in v1.0? Cause I think I will just wait l, haven't played since v0.50
That's probably the intention and the game seems to be headed toward some conclusions as of late, but there's no guarentee that 1.0 will be the final build.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
I'm not sure why developers think adding any old music in a game and having it play throughout — at an obnoxiously high volume — is a good idea. How many films or television shows do you know that blare music constantly and throw in whatever song wherever they can? Music should be subtle and compliment a scene. Except for occasionally at an intimate scene, the music doesn't fit the tone in the game half the time. Happy, chipper music is not fitting for: reflecting on past abuse; a dinner where you break off a relationship; talking about someone cheating on you; or any other dramatic, important scene. You might as well have no music than this stuff that's the opposite of the feeling of a scene. There's a reason I usually mute music volume in games....
I am sorry, but you are confusing Ren'py with serious digital editing software like Final Cut (or even iMovie) where such coordination is possible. Although it is conceivably possible, having the kind of synchronization you suggest requires, at a minimum, much more precise control over how much time a scene is "up" on the monitor, which, if the player is clicking through, would be defeated. The few cases were I have seen music done really well are games where music is a big part of the game, like Melody and Being a D.I.K. Another notable exception is Acting Lessons, which manages to do pretty well with music. But if you dunna like it, do like you do, and turn the music down or off.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
The second that the MC and Victor pulled up to the mansion I knew ... wait a minute, that's Alexandra's mansion! Then when the MC from Alexandra shows up and takes him back to the pool where Izzy is lounging, I'm like, I know that hot ass! Since Alexandra in the other story line is getting more into the "business," (and since Ptolemy does the physical creation of both games and has all the assets) it is a crossover that makes sense. Someone needs to stop Klaus from continually hurting girls ... and the MC gets revenge for the harm he has caused Haley in the process. Sweet justice is served.
Yep - it is really fitting and I liked that alot. :)

Reactions: Alfius and D Dog

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I expect this game to be wrapped up in 2-4 releases, plus endings dependent on choices. The next week should be consumed by the therapist visit plus Haley's machinations to involve Sandra or whomever in a beard relationship. Then we should have the weekend, where everything with Klaus is resolved. Each of those could be covered with one release each, but I suspect it will take 2 each. Then we will have at least one, and probably more, ending release(s) which will show how things evolve in the future.

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Android update?
One was buried several pages back. Amazed it's not linked in OP yet.

here is my unofficial android port of Haley's Story v0.93.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: gahall7903

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
God this game is fantastic. I absolutely love the relationship between the MC and Haley. I'm really curious what will happen when or if the other characters figure out what is going on between them. I guess it might be written differently now that the incest requires a patch, but I'm still curious to see which of the MC's partners accepts his and Haley's relationship and which don't. I'm curious how many mini-harem endings will be possible and I'm also curious what an ending without Haley would look like. I'm not planning on getting an ending without Haley in my 'cannon' playthrough or anything but I am curious if there will be Haley-less endings at all and what they would involve.

Also, I am so glad that the Klaus story arc is getting resolved in what I can only hope will be a violent and permanent fashion. Hopefully involving castration at the very least. I'm also curious what will happen to the other Haley. Hopefully she gets a happy ending, she deserves it.

PS: I love Alexandra. Another of my absolute favorites on the site.
PSS: 'Puppy' is huge! I thought Victor was big, but Jesus. I guess everyone in Alexandra's circle is tall, because he doesn't look that tall in that game. :ROFLMAO:

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
I expect this game to be wrapped up in 2-4 releases, plus endings dependent on choices. The next week should be consumed by the therapist visit plus Haley's machinations to involve Sandra or whomever in a beard relationship. Then we should have the weekend, where everything with Klaus is resolved. Each of those could be covered with one release each, but I suspect it will take 2 each. Then we will have at least one, and probably more, ending release(s) which will show how things evolve in the future.
Judging by the numbers, I'm assuming around 7 updates and then the endings. Unless you're a dev and I'm an idiot, I can't see this ending in 2-4.

I kind of made up the 7 just based on decimal points, but I can see the weekend and Klaus taking 2 updates each plus the counseling arc conclusion plus a bit more relationship development for the 2 side girls and how they fit within either Sandra/Haley or Haley/Lisa or maybe Adriana/Haley if that is a thing and of course the just Haley route.

I'm also wandering if there will be a 'mom and dad find out' event as well as clearing up why mom tried to hide everything. I think it could be 6 or 7 updates and then the endings.

At least that's what I'm hoping for because I don't want to see this one end prematurely or at all if I'm being honest.

All good things, I guess. Hopefully the dev keeps making great games.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
God this game is fantastic. I absolutely love the relationship between the MC and Haley. I'm really curious what will happen when or if the other characters figure out what is going on between them. I guess it might be written differently now that the incest requires a patch, but I'm still curious to see which of the MC's partners accepts his and Haley's relationship and which don't. I'm curious how many mini-harem endings will be possible and I'm also curious what an ending without Haley would look like. I'm not planning on getting an ending without Haley in my 'cannon' playthrough or anything but I am curious if there will be Haley-less endings at all and what they would involve.

Also, I am so glad that the Klaus story arc is getting resolved in what I can only hope will be a violent and permanent fashion. Hopefully involving castration at the very least. I'm also curious what will happen to the other Haley. Hopefully she gets a happy ending, she deserves it.

PS: I love Alexandra. Another of my absolute favorites on the site.
PSS: 'Puppy' is huge! I thought Victor was big, but Jesus. I guess everyone in Alexandra's circle is tall, because he doesn't look that tall in that game. :ROFLMAO:
I suspect there will be endings where the MC and Haley don't wind up in a sexual relationship with each other. All those choices we have made must lead to something. There could be a bunch of different endings. Life With Mary, Melody, and My Sister, My Roommate all had a flock of them, to name just a few games with multiple endings.

Reactions: Soul_less327

Soul_less327

Dec 24, 2019
I thought the music was actually really fitting in this update. In the last update or maybe the one before it, the music did have kind of a Sesame Street vibe to it during one of the more serious talks, but as someone else already pointed out, music isn't an exact science in these games. For the most part though, I think the music has been perfectly fine for the vast majority of the game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Judging by the numbers, I'm assuming around 7 updates and then the endings. Unless you're a dev and I'm an idiot, I can't see this ending in 2-4.

I kind of made up the 7 just based on decimal points, but I can see the weekend and Klaus taking 2 updates each plus the counseling arc conclusion plus a bit more relationship development for the 2 side girls and how they fit within either Sandra/Haley or Haley/Lisa or maybe Adriana/Haley if that is a thing and of course the just Haley route.

I'm also wandering if there will be a 'mom and dad find out' event as well as clearing up why mom tried to hide everything. I think it could be 6 or 7 updates and then the endings.

At least that's what I'm hoping for because I don't want to see this one end prematurely or at all if I'm being honest.

All good things, I guess. Hopefully the dev keeps making great games.
The version-numbering scheme does allow for more releases than I predicted. Monday thru Friday could easily take more than the 1 or 2 that I envisioned. But, I see the weekend being the Klaus resolution. And, of course, Mom and Pop will be there, so no need for extra releases to explain any of that. And I see it ending with the weekend. Everything after that can be thrown into the ending scenarios.

Of course, your guess is at least as good as mine. So, we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Soul_less327
4.20 star(s) 302 Votes