Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
So when someone reveals something to me in a PM, like they agree with my opinion on this particular scenario (or anything else), it's up to them to step up into the light and not for me to cast them from the shadows. (W.V. ;).)
The way I read it, the scenario was supposed to be that Haley had sex with Klaus because she felt sorry for him. It was not that he convinced that be not doing so made her a slut. That scenario would have made more sense. Haley was to believe that it was a consensual relationship. She was to figure out in present day that Klaus had manipulated her feelings and had used her. The "You kissed me, now you have to have sex with me or you're a tease and a slut; and I am going to go tell your dad" does not seem to fit the "she had sex with him because she felt sorry for him" story. (W.V.:censored: )
Feel free to 'quote' (accurately please) absolutely anything I might have said to you in a private message.

I seem to remember things completely differently, but I'm not going to bother looking it up, because I have NEVER ANYWHERE said that my opinion was that Haley entered into sex with Klaus because she felt sorry for him. Nor have I ever felt or believed such a nonsensical idea. She KISSED him, because she felt sorry for him. That's it. Klaus shamed her into having sex with him, after the kiss, which wasn't even that much of a kiss.

Here is how Haley explains it in v0.90 (ep19.rpy):
Haley "He told me many times about him and his divorce."
MC "..."
Haley "One time..."
Haley "One time I hugged him, and gave him a kiss."
Haley "I don't know. I must've caught a corner of his mouth while I was kissing him on the cheek."

MC "..."
Haley "The next day, he was very upset."
Haley "He said that I was teasing him. That I was cruel."
Haley "That only sluts did that. Play with wounded men."
Haley "And that he'll tell dad. And..."

MC "I see."
MC "For how long?"

Haley "Three weeks."
Haley "Then mom put a stop to it."

She refuses to elaborate further.

Actually, that was pretty much how I always assumed it had happened: that she was conned into it; it had lasted for a while; Mom had somehow gotten wind of something going on between them; Dad knew/knows nothing.

Many 15-year-olds would have been mature enough to have told Klaus to go fuck himself. But Haley was not that person. She was too naive (and reliant on her brother) to fight back against Klaus.

I have also assumed that although her mind was repelled by sex with Klaus (he wasn't her brother), that her body enjoyed it... which is the root cause of her psychological problems in the present. EDIT: She has been on a gigantic guilt-trip.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Feel free to 'quote' (accurately please) absolutely anything I might have said to you in a private message.

I seem to remember things completely differently, but I'm not going to bother looking it up, because I have NEVER ANYWHERE said that my opinion was that Haley entered into sex with Klaus because she felt sorry for him. Nor have I ever felt or believed such a nonsensical idea. She KISSED him, because she felt sorry for him. That's it. Klaus shamed her into having sex with him, after the kiss, which wasn't even that much of a kiss.

MC "..."
Haley "One time..."
Haley "I don't know. I must've caught a corner of his mouth while I was kissing him on the cheek."

MC "..."

MC "I see."
MC "For how long?"

Haley "Three weeks."

Actually, that was pretty much how I always assumed it had happened: that she was conned into it; it had lasted for a while; Mom had somehow gotten wind of something going on between them; Dad knew/knows nothing.

Many 15-year-olds would have been mature enough to have told Klaus to go fuck himself. But Haley was not that person. She was too naive (and reliant on her brother) to fight back against Klaus.

I have also assumed that although her mind was repelled by sex with Klaus (he wasn't her brother), that her body enjoyed it... which is the root cause of her psychological problems in the present. EDIT: She has been on a gigantic guilt-trip.
I didn't say you did.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
ptahn, just stop. You're lying about WV and you're lying about your silent groundswell of support. There are people who don't like particular story beats in this VN but they're not your foundation and they're not on your side. They don't think anything is Haley's "fault" and they don't ascribe any blame to her.

Just stop.

Reactions: johnelros

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
ptahn, just stop. You're lying about WV and you're lying about your silent groundswell of support. There are people who don't like particular story beats in this VN but they're not your foundation and they're not on your side. They don't think anything is Haley's "fault" and they don't ascribe any blame to her.

Just stop.
I did not say anything about WV. I did not say I had a groundswell of support, I said that some people had sent me PM's that said they agreed with me. I did not say I blamed Haley for anything. I said that I thought that if the story had followed what I thought was going to be the Klaus scenario, it would have been better. Haley's a fictional character, I don't blame her for anything.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Haley's a fictional character, I don't blame her for anything.
Are you serious? Is that your cop-out?

Of course Haley is a fictional character. But it is common to refer to the characters rather than how the developers depict them, when discussing aspects of any game. So if someone says that Haley (or Sandra or the MC or anyone else) is good, bad or indifferent, they are actually referring to how the character is portrayed by the developer. It's simpler, more direct, and easily understandable by anyone with a useful brain. You know that.

So, allow me do rephrase the question so that there is no confusion: Do you or do you not blame Haley's character (as the developers have written the situation) for the sex with Klaus? For the record, I do not, never have, and never will.

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Are you serious? Is that your cop-out?

Of course Haley is a fictional character. But it is common to refer to the characters rather than how the developers depict them, when discussing aspects of any game. So if someone says that Haley (or Sandra or the MC or anyone else) is good, bad or indifferent, they are actually referring to how the character is portrayed by the developer. It's simpler, more direct, and easily understandable by anyone with a useful brain. You know that.

So, allow me do rephrase the question so that there is no confusion: Do you or do you not blame Haley's character (as the developers have written the situation) for the sex with Klaus? For the record, I do not, never have, and never will.
No, I do not. I believe that the developer's intention is that she was a victim. I believe that scenario presented was written poorly. I would be interested to know why the direction of that aspect of the story seemed to change. It may have been that writing it the way they did made the conversation end more quickly. It was like ripping off a band-aid. If they had gone with a gradual build up of sympathy for Klaus by Haley, the story may have needed to be much longer. It may have been too much for some people. I don't know and obviously I no longer have access to that kind of information.

Reactions: Walter Victor

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
I intend this to be my very last post in this thread ever. The only reason I would come back is to respond to a comment regarding one of my posts. If you don't want me back, just ignore me.

The resolution of the Klaus situation was supposed to take four or five updates. With the missing updates because of Ptolmey's health and C-19, I believe that the upcoming one will be number ten. In my opinion, the only thing that explains the delay is the desire to keep collecting revenue. In my opinion there was no content added that warranted the delay.

Hoey

Oct 8, 2018

MC "..."
Haley "One time..."

MC "..."

MC "I see."
MC "For how long?"

Haley "Three weeks."

I don't think anybody is gonna enjoy sex with such a repulsive man but good rebuttal

Reactions: Walter Victor

Hoey

Oct 8, 2018
The reference to you was a wink because you had some additional info that others did not regarding my post.
Sometimes, acknowledging your flaws when you know that you're wrong is better than attacking others for simply pointing out that you're wrong.

Reactions: johnelros

ptahn

Jun 23, 2018
Sometimes, acknowledging your flaws when you know that you're wrong is better than attacking others for simply pointing out that you're wrong.
Okay, I apologize that I was not clear in that post. I did not intend to suggest that WV agreed with me or that any of the information in that post came from him.

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes