Meh1969

Oct 11, 2018
Here is the relevant rule from Wikipedia:

For words that begin with vowel sounds, the vowel is left alone, and most commonly 'yay' is added to the end. But in different parts of the world, there are different 'dialects' of sorts. Some people may add 'way' or 'hay' or other endings.

Since the use of 'way' allows the sentence to make sense, I'm going with that. :)
Eh?

Meh1969

Oct 11, 2018
I figured from your previous post, that you had played through where Haley explained to the MC how it happened with Klaus. I showed the text of that scene in an earlier post.

Looks like he used intimidation and blackmail to me.
Google child sexual predators and grooming and get back to reality.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Why are you forced into a relationship with Sandra in this game? Not that i don't like her but
The MC is a single, unattached male. It is obvious that he would be looking for a relationship, as he is not romantically attached to Haley yet. So, why Sandra? Why not? The game needs one female for the MC to focus on to fit into later developments (when Haley starts looking for a beard). I assume the developers didn't want to give too much latitude to players in this regard, as the programming for multiple contestants for that role would have been very time consuming. Can you see all the story involving Sandra being duplicated for several other girls? So they chose the niece of the MC's boss (a choice that brings the MC, Haley, and Victor closer together), and gave her a backstory that also fits into later developments.

The developers could have chosen Adriana or Diane or Lisa or Alana or some other girl - I like Lana (Adriana's secretary) myself. They chose Sandra. Their game. Their choice.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Google child sexual predators and grooming and get back to reality.
I decided to take a fresh look at this. [I know this will bite me in the ass!] Klaus is obviously a 'child sexual predator', and he DID 'groom' with his, 'Oh, poor me! I'm so lonely!' routine. Klaus needed the 'grooming' to set things up. But none of that by itself would have ever gotten Haley into the sack. All it got him was a kiss on the cheek. It was a day later when Klaus used that kiss to turn up the heat, and came on with the threats, etc.

Basically, I was focused on the precipitative events that directly led to the abuse, rather than the preparatory grooming. So, I acknowledge that 'grooming' was a necessary part of the process.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
In my playthrough, I'm in two minds whether or not to keep pursuing Adriana with her wanting the MC to move in and even bring Haley I feel as though it would be only a matter of time that Adriana catches both the MC and Haley it's been teased in the past especially with the Father so I just wonder if it's worth pursuing her and taking that chance.

Reactions: Red469

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
In my playthrough, I'm in two minds whether or not to keep pursuing Adriana with her wanting the MC to move in and even bring Haley I feel as though it would be only a matter of time that Adriana catches both the MC and Haley it's been teased in the past especially with the Father so I just wonder if it's worth pursuing her and taking that chance.
In my opinion, this Adriana choice has been added to provide another 'beard' option for those who have rejected Sandra. I'm taking that chance in one of my routes. [I'm up to 4 separate paths now! o_O]

Always keep in mind that Ptolemy (the Beard King) is a major part of the developer team.

Reactions: Mormont

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I have the same problem, but so far I see no fix!

Do I need to start again?
I certainly hope not, not this far into the game. What about your auto saves?

Also:
  • Where exactly does it crash?
  • What error message(s) are you receiving (if any)?
  • Are you crashing in several places or just one in particular?

jeedr66

Dec 23, 2019

Also:
Whenever I load a previous save, it crashes!
I have tried with saves from 0.93 as well as previous updates and it always crashes!
BTW I am using a Mac.

jeedr66

Dec 23, 2019
Whenever I load a previous save, it crashes!
I have tried with saves from 0.93 as well as previous updates and it always crashes!
BTW I am using a Mac.
This is the Error received:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Wed Aug 26 13:20:36 2020

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
This is the Error received:
<snip>
I don't think this is limited to a MAC. I think this error pops up when one version of the game is loaded by another version of the game.

For instance, if your save had the incest patch and you loaded with the WT mod installed or vice versa. It can also pop up if you had the patch or mod saved and started tried to load from the vanilla game (without) or vice versa. This error could also pop up if you try to install BOTH an IP and a WT mod in either order together. I believe this WT mod includes an IP. So choose either one or the other.

As for myself, I have the disk space to do separate installations and to save a copy of what was downloaded. This helps to determine what the issue may be. So you might try the following steps if you can:
  • Reinstall the game as vanilla only (no patch / mod) and try to load.
  • Add the WT mod only to the vanilla
  • Reinstall and add the IP patch only
Other than that I really don't know what else to suggest.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

Also:
honestly i tend to restart games after an update just in case changes where made to the game .... unless the Dev says he didn't change anything

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes