jeedr66

Dec 23, 2019
I don't think this is limited to a MAC. I think this error pops up when one version of the game is loaded by another version of the game.

For instance, if your save had the incest patch and you loaded with the WT mod installed or vice versa. It can also pop up if you had the patch or mod saved and started tried to load from the vanilla game (without) or vice versa. This error could also pop up if you try to install BOTH an IP and a WT mod in either order together. I believe this WT mod includes an IP. So choose either one or the other.

As for myself, I have the disk space to do separate installations and to save a copy of what was downloaded. This helps to determine what the issue may be. So you might try the following steps if you can:
  • Reinstall the game as vanilla only (no patch / mod) and try to load.
  • Add the WT mod only to the vanilla
  • Reinstall and add the IP patch only
Other than that I really don't know what else to suggest.
I already installed the vanilla version and still crushed upon loading a saved game.

I have seen several comments from other users with same problem.

Thanks, anyway!

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I already installed the vanilla version and still crushed upon loading a saved game.

I have seen several comments from other users with same problem.

Thanks, anyway!
OK - sorry you are having troubles and that I could not help you. I can tell you that I was able to load my saves without crashing.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Why indeed... Thankfully you get the option to focus on Haley and leave her behind.
Haven't you already reached that point, and broken up with Sandra? If you are up-to-date on the releases, and are still with Sandra, for God's sake why? There is absolutely no reason for anyone who dislikes the relationship with Sandra to even have her mentioned in the game anymore.

Personally, I like the route with Sandra, and play that route first. But the developers have given those who don't like her other options.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Haven't you already reached that point, and broken up with Sandra? If you are up-to-date on the releases, and are still with Sandra, for God's sake why? There is absolutely no reason for anyone who dislikes the relationship with Sandra to even have her mentioned in the game anymore.

Personally, I like the route with Sandra, and play that route first. But the developers have given those who don't like her other options.
i like Sandra alot .. the Dev's render of her is beautiful and sexy as hell .... i myself prefer Haley .... i got a things for redheads ... :love:

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Does the Sandra route get more work put into it than the monogamous route? I've never checked it out because she's not my er, type.
I assume all the other girls are side hos. Still irritated all the saves broke, I'll probably wait until 1.0 before replaying it now, if it happens again I'll break something.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Does the Sandra route get more work put into it than the monogamous route? I've never checked it out because she's not my er, type.
I assume all the other girls are side hos. Still irritated all the saves broke, I'll probably wait until 1.0 before replaying it now, if it happens again I'll break something.
Actually, the Sandra route might get less work. There have been stretches when Sandra has been out of town. There's not an awful lot that can be done that is unique to her route when that happens. So, when Sandra is gone, you get the MC and Haley (which you get in any other route) period.

I suspect, though, that when they go back home the next time, the Sandra route will be the only one to get extra sex scenes. MFF instead of just MF with the MC and Haley. I don't see them dragging any of the other LI's with them, not even Adriana.

Reactions: D Dog

Red469

May 18, 2018

O Believe me, I have left her behind a loooong time ago, thankfully. I hate dishonesty in relationships. if I got no interest in someone, theres no point in makin em think otherwise.

Rd835

Aug 2, 2018
I don't see them dragging any of the other LI's with them, not even Adriana.
The other girls have just completely disappeared from the game. At least 100% sure for Adriana, Alana and Lisa, who appeared on the non-Sandra route and not on the Sandra route. Diane hasn't appeared for a long time, but the last time she appeared, it was on both routes. But that's also the time when Haley made the MC swear to dump her, if you were on her route. So we can safely assume that if she appears a last time on the Sandra route, it will be for an official notice of termination of the "friend with benefit" relation.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Connoisseur

Oct 29, 2019
does anyone else feel a dip in story quality within the past couple updates? because i do, can't really point it out on what caused it but it just felt like it.
i hope it got better, cause i don't really want to drop this game since i really like the story (well until a couple updates ago), and i really want to see how it all end.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
does anyone else feel a dip in story quality within the past couple updates? because i do, can't really point it out on what caused it but it just felt like it.
i hope it got better, cause i don't really want to drop this game since i really like the story (well until a couple updates ago), and i really want to see how it all end.
Your criticism is a bit broad. Could you point to an area or two of story writing that you feel has dropped off.

I haven't seen it myself, and I point to the scene at the therapist's office, which I believe was a masterful piece of writing and rendering. There were other areas of lighthearted banter that seemed representative of previous releases. But that's just my opinion. I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me.

Of course, quality control in the form of testing is practically non-existant. But it doesn't seem like that's what you are complaining about.

Emmdoz

Dec 27, 2019
Hey guys I'm pretty sure this was already discussed a million times and I just saw above, but I'm also experiencing crashes throughout the game. Since the crashes occur mostly during animations in which the characters move, i can most of the time kinda brute force my way through each crash by dropping a bunch of quick saves and reloading each time it crashes. But it appears I'm permanently stuck on one scene where this method is unable to bypass the crash and I'm unable to progress past this point. I've already tried reinstalling the vanilla version, after playing on the modded WT and reloading from the transferred save files but same problem appears to be occurring. Any ideas for fixes besides the possibility of it working by deleting all previous saves from my device and just playing through the entire game with my fingers crossed? Just seeking a solution through all this technical jargon i'm too dumb to understand. Btw I'm using a Alcatel one touch pixi3 tablet, which is pretty trash but still allows games to function (albeit being very laggy). I would attach the rollback error message but it appears either my sheer incompetence or the tablet is unable to, so the gist of it is that:
Uncaught exception occurred
Something happened in "renpy/common/00action_menu.rpy" and "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy"
And "load_failed" which I'm assuming is what's crashing the game.
Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dank Quixote

Jan 1, 2019
This is the Error received:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1815, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "/Users/JERMACBOOK/Downloads/Games/Haley/Haley.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Haleys story 0.94
Wed Aug 26 13:20:36 2020
I get the same error. I like this game but I'm not going to replay the whole thing.

HSTphan

Aug 3, 2017
There was actually a patch for .93 to solve the crash issue. As I am having the same problem reference above, I'm hoping that there will be a bugfix patch for .94 soon.

Jay.k

Dec 24, 2018
Any save files for Sandra and Haley routes? I don't want to restart the game because of bug.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Any save files for Sandra and Haley routes? I don't want to restart the game because of bug.
Curious why people keep saying this?

Takes like a few minutes skipping dialogue at max speed to get back to latest update.

Reactions: SuperLYC
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes