ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
But YOU made the choice. I don't care what the mod indicated that you should do. It was still your choice. So... it's on you.

Now, unlike in real life, you have another chance. You can go back and change your original choice. BINGO! Klaus is resurrected! It's a miracle!

You see, this is a game, where you not only have choices, but you can change your mind and make different choices. That's what saves are for.

As for you not having finished the game - no one has. Not even the developers, since they're still working on it. Nobody here knows what will happen, but it does appear that we are nearing the end. But if you want to know what happens, I'm afraid you will have to endure at least one more big download to find out.
No I didn't, whatever I did, it was green, so the mod told me to.
I guess I have to play it again and like I said in the beginning dump Sandra so all the other girls are free game.
Maybe that way Victor doesn't call the MC and ruins the game.
Those green choices are't the best choices the longer I play this game.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Forgive me for adapting this old parental refrain, but if the mod says JUMP OFF THE CLIFF, will you do it?

If you like all the green choices except one, change that one. You can still follow the green for your other choices.

I hate to break it to you, but if you choose to break up with Sandra, you are still going to get the same choice about Victor, probably still in green. And the result is still the same as it pertains to Klaus.

But it's all up to you. I'm not about to tell you what choices you should make. Different people love and hate different things.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
Forgive me for adapting this old parental refrain, but if the mod says JUMP OFF THE CLIFF, will you do it?

If you like all the green choices except one, change that one. You can still follow the green for your other choices.

I hate to break it to you, but if you choose to break up with Sandra, you are still going to get the same choice about Victor, probably still in green. And the result is still the same as it pertains to Klaus.

But it's all up to you. I'm not about to tell you what choices you should make. Different people love and hate different things.
Then you choose all the poor choices cause that's what you're best at.

Lozloz

Aug 16, 2020
I am on solo Haley. Imo Haley is well written and interesting enough for me to not look for more girls.(might go back to the saves and fuck Diane if it is viable option) This game is amazing honestly. Spooning haley would make the steamiest most sensual sex ever look overrated in comparison.

I dont feel that it has too much options and routes. It is just that my liking doesnt go with them. The game is not like an expensive tuxedo that was exclusively designed for me.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
For me the only ending i see and want is either MC/Haley together or MC/Haley with Diane as a beard. Diane is not interested in being in a real relationship but so she can have the MC as a fuck buddy
But that's why Diane can't work as a beard. To the rest of the world it has to look like a real relationship. Unless she's changed her mind (and if she has it's happened offscreen), Diane explicitly doesn't want anything like that. She's made her intention to keep having casual sex whenever the mood strikes quite clear to the MC. She's not going to move in, stop screwing other guys, and pretend that the MC's her actual boyfriend, thus rendering her useless as cover for the MC and Haley.

So far there are only two characters who make any sense as a beard, Sandra and Adriana. That might change, but like others I think we're pretty close to the end already. It's a shame that the writers don't have the freedom to give Haley the beard, but, well, we all know what would happen if they tried.

You're not assembling furniture, you're playing a game. Almost all the choices are in some sense consequential, but only some of them are significantly consequential. It was completely obvious that this could be one of the latter, especially as Victor — one of the most trustworthy and fair characters in the game — immediately counsels against it. Mindlessly following someone else's walkthrough without actually thinking about what you're seeing and reading is really no one's fault but yours.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Then you choose all the poor choices cause that's what you're best at.
Evidently you believe that everyone should think as you do. I apologize for not doing so. I would appreciate it though if you did not persist in personal insults. Thank you.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
I finally finished and it ended in a threesome.
Now to start from the beginning and get rid of Sandra and Victor and see what happens.
I don't care if I end up on Victor's bad side after I dump Sandra.
He's more like shady fellow with bad contacts for so called friends.
Lets see what happens with Sandra 0 points.
Good news is you can get rid of Sandra and pursue other relationships.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
To the rest of the world it has to look like a real relationship. Unless she's changed her mind (and if she has it's happened offscreen), Diane explicitly doesn't want anything like that.
These two sentences are not mutually exclusive, and because of that, Diane would make a very good beard, in line with the swinger couple from DoD. You could also easily use this to give Haley the beard, seeing as "at home" they all fuck in a threesome, but to the rest of the world it's Haley's GF.

An example of how this would work:

Haley: "Hi mom. MC and Diane, our neighbor, fell hard for each other, so I'm moving into her apartment and she's moving in with MC"

That's it. If the parents show up unexpectedly, Diane's at the gym, and Haley came over for breakfast.

Last edited:

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Now to start from the beginning and get rid of Sandra and Victor and see what happens.
You can't get rid of Victor or even reduce his presence in your life. He's your boss. You have one and only one choice that involves Victor and it's the one everyone's trying to tell you that you should've made differently.

These two sentences are not mutually exclusive, and because of that, Diane would make a very good beard, in line with the swinger couple from DoD.
"Diane, I know you and the guy you met at spin class were planning on spending the weekend together, but my parents are stopping by and so I need you to cancel those plans. Plus we need to move most of Haley's stuff to your place again so we can pretend she lives there rather than here."

Plus, one assumes that sleeping around is something Diane mostly does locally. Not much use if they're trying to convince others that they're in a relationship. Also, this arrangement precludes any possibility of Diane changing her mind and deciding to date more seriously or even settle down unless the person she wants to settle down with is the MC. If that was going to be a possibility I think we'd have seen evidence of it already. There's still time, but...

The swingers in DoD were terrible beards. We agree that "realism" only goes so far in this genre, but let's imagine that conversation with their dad:

"So you two are swingers now. You get together with a couple of married swingers."

"Yeah."

"You and your sister."

"Uh, yeah."

"Naked in the same house, the same room, maybe even on the same bed, having sex."

"Well..."

The only realistic options are: end the relationship, move a really long way away and never speak to their parents again, or come out. The first is a low-probability outcome, though I still think it'd be interesting to see it offered. The third is, I think, a higher-probability outcome because Dad's already got his eye on them, Haley's ex promised he was going to get to the bottom of their breakup (which, admittedly, isn't likely going to happen), and depending on how you've played either Sandra knows or Adriana is acting exactly like she'd act if she suspected. Frankly, I doubt Victor's completely in the dark either. Additionally, in a realistic story Haley's therapist should know about the relationship and should be communicating some very, very deep concern about it given Haley's past and current emotional state about that past. That's probably not going to happen either.

Obviously, with the possible exception of having to come out to at least some people that's not how this is game is going to progress. But the core problem with bearding is that sooner or later the siblings have to explain 1) why they still live together, and 2) why one or the other hasn't been in any sort of relationship since however long it's been. If pregnancy, which the text has been teasing and dancing around, is something that's going to happen then Haley's going to have to answer some difficult questions, and her brother being in a bearded relationship won't be any help.

Rock Hudson didn't have to talk about his beards because back then no one ever asked him about it, or would, whereas people have been openly speculating about Bradley Cooper for years; John Travolta and Tom Cruise for decades. Plus, a beard that only protects one person only works in concert with other protective measures (as in the siblings living and working separately), which is why Adriana is technically better-equipped to be a beard because she can provide a more plausible excuse for the siblings living in the same house, at least for a while: saving money. Sandra only covers for the MC, and while she obviously makes quite a bit of money, if she hosted the siblings she'd essentially be replacing Lisa with Haley in terms of taking in a chaotic neutral houseguest. Maybe that's why Lisa existed in the first place, to set up Sandra's predisposition to do such things.

You could also easily use this to give Haley the beard, seeing as "at home" they all fuck in a threesome, but to the rest of the world it's Haley's GF.
The likelihood of Victor (or Lisa, or Alana) believing that 1) Sandra suddenly switched teams, 2) decided that she was in love with her ex-boyfriend's twin sister, and 3) said ex-boyfriend is so fine with it that he lives with them is very, very low. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyway. I'm talking about the version that would make all those who cower in fear of three-letter acronyms explode in fury. That said, there aren't any available characters for that scenario and Ptolemy already knows what happens to writers who try it anyway, even when it's completely optional.

ProofreadingRUS

Forum Fanatic
Aug 10, 2019
You can't get rid of Victor or even reduce his presence in your life. He's your boss. You have one and only one choice that involves Victor and it's the one everyone's trying to tell you that you should've made differently.

"Diane, I know you and the guy you met at spin class were planning on spending the weekend together, but my parents are stopping by and so I need you to cancel those plans. Plus we need to move most of Haley's stuff to your place again so we can pretend she lives there rather than here."

Plus, one assumes that sleeping around is something Diane mostly does locally. Not much use if they're trying to convince others that they're in a relationship. Also, this arrangement precludes any possibility of Diane changing her mind and deciding to date more seriously or even settle down unless the person she wants to settle down with is the MC. If that was going to be a possibility I think we'd have seen evidence of it already. There's still time, but...

The swingers in DoD were terrible beards. We agree that "realism" only goes so far in this genre, but let's imagine that conversation with their dad:

"So you two are swingers now. You get together with a couple of married swingers."

"Yeah."

"You and your sister."

"Uh, yeah."

"Naked in the same house, the same room, maybe even on the same bed, having sex."

"Well..."

The only realistic options are: end the relationship, move a really long way away and never speak to their parents again, or come out. The first is a low-probability outcome, though I still think it'd be interesting to see it offered. The third is, I think, a higher-probability outcome because Dad's already got his eye on them, Haley's ex promised he was going to get to the bottom of their breakup (which, admittedly, isn't likely going to happen), and depending on how you've played either Sandra knows or Adriana is acting exactly like she'd act if she suspected. Frankly, I doubt Victor's completely in the dark either. Additionally, in a realistic story Haley's therapist should know about the relationship and should be communicating some very, very deep concern about it given Haley's past and current emotional state about that past. That's probably not going to happen either.

Obviously, with the possible exception of having to come out to at least some people that's not how this is game is going to progress. But the core problem with bearding is that sooner or later the siblings have to explain 1) why they still live together, and 2) why one or the other hasn't been in any sort of relationship since however long it's been. If pregnancy, which the text has been teasing and dancing around, is something that's going to happen then Haley's going to have to answer some difficult questions, and her brother being in a bearded relationship won't be any help.

Rock Hudson didn't have to talk about his beards because back then no one ever asked him about it, or would, whereas people have been openly speculating about Bradley Cooper for years; John Travolta and Tom Cruise for decades. Plus, a beard that only protects one person only works in concert with other protective measures (as in the siblings living and working separately), which is why Adriana is technically better-equipped to be a beard because she can provide a more plausible excuse for the siblings living in the same house, at least for a while: saving money. Sandra only covers for the MC, and while she obviously makes quite a bit of money, if she hosted the siblings she'd essentially be replacing Lisa with Haley in terms of taking in a chaotic neutral houseguest. Maybe that's why Lisa existed in the first place, to set up Sandra's predisposition to do such things.

The likelihood of Victor (or Lisa, or Alana) believing that 1) Sandra suddenly switched teams, 2) decided that she was in love with her ex-boyfriend's twin sister, and 3) said ex-boyfriend is so fine with it that he lives with them is very, very low. Besides, that wasn't what I was talking about anyway. I'm talking about the version that would make all those who cower in fear of three-letter acronyms explode in fury. That said, there aren't any available characters for that scenario and Ptolemy already knows what happens to writers who try it anyway, even when it's completely optional.
Can't get rid of Victor, but I just got rid of Sandra, yay me.
And Lisa finally gets rid of Dennis, yay me again.

Last edited:

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018

I have an entirely different take on this same situation. Diane often goes off on "business trips," the parents think she's cheating but MC (not sure our his dumbass could do it, but that's a different story) pretends to be so in love he can't even imagine it. Any disinterest or emotional distance from Diane when they do have to get together (Christmas) just looks like infidelity. If she ever does decide to get serious with someone, that's an easy out, and the guy doesn't even have to know it was all a farce to begin with. Personally, I could see this game ending (sans Sandra obviously) with MC and Haley needing a quick beard, Diane fills in at the moment, and, purely through repeated contact, falls for MC and it becomes more a threesome thing.

As far as moving goes, I think you're moving the wrong person. MC could just grab his laptop and go sleep wherever. If the parents found some clothes at Haley's, there's a bunch of lies you could do.

The swingers in DoD were terrible beards.
Agreed, they made no sense to the story at large, but they were in line with what I'm thinking Diane could be, beard wise at least.

If pregnancy, which the text has been teasing and dancing around, is something that's going to happen then Haley's going to have to answer some difficult questions, and her brother being in a bearded relationship won't be any help.
For sure. It has been a while but I remember DoD skimming well the fuck over this. I imagine a similar thing would happen here, but these parents seem more involved than the ones in DoD (from what I remember.)

Plus, a beard that only protects one person only works in concert with other protective measures (as in the siblings living and working separately), which is why Adriana is technically better-equipped to be a beard because she can provide a more plausible excuse for the siblings living in the same house, at least for a while: saving money. Sandra only covers for the MC, and while she obviously makes quite a bit of money, if she hosted the siblings she'd essentially be replacing Lisa with Haley in terms of taking in a chaotic neutral houseguest. Maybe that's why Lisa existed in the first place, to set up Sandra's predisposition to do such things.
All very good points. Adriana also has the added benefit of mudding the incest waters being her MILFy self.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Sandra at all, I was more thinking Lisa or Alana. But yeah, that would make zero sense if Haley got pregnant, unless they sold it as IVF.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The only person who needs the beard is the MC. Haley can simply be a single mother living with her brother and his wife/significant other. Haley never names the father and her brother steps in as the "substitute father figure". If the beard pulls the plug then brother and sister continue to collaborate in raising "her" child.

So I probably mislabeled Sandra as a beard. Usually a beard knows he/she is a beard. Haley's plan is to seduce her into a polyamorous threesome where, as far as Sandra knows, she's the MC's wife and she and her husband are in an intimate loving sexual relationship with her sister in law. A true three way mutual relationship where all are equal participants.

Now that's a complete fabrication. It may be the case that the MC loves Sandra, but he loves Haley far more, and Haley is playing a role with regard to Sandra, certain that she'll never know that she's a third wheel. Sandra has chosen the MC and has become enthralled with Haley. Unless Haley or the MC gives Sandra a reason to reassess the situation, she has no reason not to accept that she is an equal partner in a household of three.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

"Yeah."

"You and your sister."

"Uh, yeah."

"Well..."
That's not quite how it played out in Dreaming of Dana. First, it was made known that John and Maria (the swingers) were moving in with the MC. Then Dana talked with her father, who was distraught that the MC was making a 'laughing stock' of the family. Dana said that the MC would not want to make a 'laughing stock' out of her. So she could fix it by moving into the same house to 'curb his worst excesses'. Does it make a lot of sense. Only in Porn World. But that's how it was framed in that game.

I think the possibilities for beards in this game make a hell of a lot more sense.

I know it's been a long time, and memories are fallible, but I still have the scripts - which says something (probably not good) about me.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
That's not quite how it played out in Dreaming of Dana. First, it was made known that John and Maria (the swingers) were moving in with the MC. Then Dana talked with her father, who was distraught that the MC was making a 'laughing stock' of the family. Dana said that the MC would not want to make a 'laughing stock' out of her. So she could fix it by moving into the same house to 'curb his worst excesses'. Does it make a lot of sense. Only in Porn World. But that's how it was framed in that game.

I think the possibilities for beards in this game make a hell of a lot more sense.

I know it's been a long time, and memories are fallible, but I still have the scripts - which says something (probably not good) about me.
That rings a bell to me as well.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I guess I have to play it again and like I said in the beginning dump Sandra so all the other girls are free game.
Maybe that way Victor doesn't call the MC and ruins the game.
Those green choices are't the best choices the longer I play this game.
The green choices in the mod only point you in the direction of the most content (usually) I use the mod myself. But I always look at what choices are available. Most of the time it is a no brainer but I check to see what the other options are that the mod does not highlight. Who knows, the un-highlighted option may be the better choice.

Reactions: Walter Victor

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Two things I need to say at this point. I feel sorry for the fella who "listened to the green choices that told him what to do", from all the flak he caught from the thread. :unsure:

The other thing I need to say is...all this talk about the "beard" and I know what is being said, I just have an increasing need to shave. :ROFLMAO:

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Diane often goes off on "business trips," the parents think she's cheating but MC (not sure our his dumbass could do it, but that's a different story) pretends to be so in love he can't even imagine it.
But why would Diane put herself through something like that? What's her motivation? Are the MC and Haley paying for her gym and Peloton memberships? Diane's someone who doesn't seem to want to be involved with drama other than her own (in other words, the opposite of Lisa). I can't imagine any scenario in which she'd deliberately subject herself to the scorn of the MC's parents (and, because she'd have to play along to make it work, fake scorn from Haley).

Diane fills in at the moment, and, purely through repeated contact, falls for MC and it becomes more a threesome thing.
Random threesomes are always possible in a universe of porn logic, but didn't the devs say there wouldn't be a harem option? If I'm remembering that correctly, I only see this happening if Diane and the MC (and Haley) are in an actual relationship, as the siblings are/might be with Sandra or Adriana. Like I said, we're not out of time to change the MC's relationship with Diane, but I think it's rather late in the story to be setting up Diane (or Lisa) as sources of stability and public cover.

As far as moving goes, I think you're moving the wrong person. MC could just grab his laptop and go sleep wherever. If the parents found some clothes at Haley's, there's a bunch of lies you could do.
To be honest, there's no reason to move anyone as long as you're willing to accept that you're greatly reducing the amount of time the siblings will fool anyone. Dad's pressing the siblings to get away from each other for reasons that seem pretty obvious, especially to anyone playing the game. But once you start moving chess pieces around Three's Company-style you start running into problems.

If Haley takes Diane's apartment (the MC can't just move in with Diane because Haley can't afford their apartment on her own and she's clearly not going to move away from him) and Diane moves into the MC's, they're not going to want to sleep in/live with the other's possessions, so you have to switch their stuff around. Except what if Diane meets a dude and wants to bring him back for a quick shag in her own bed? She's going to bring him to the apartment she shares with the MC, whether or not they're actually sleeping together themselves? It's not unheard of, especially these days, but it's an impediment to her own desires...and again, why would she voluntarily enter into such an arrangement when she could just keep her own apartment? I suppose the MC could go upstairs and bunk with his sister whenever that happens, but that seems like it's risking exactly the sort of exposure "beard Diane" is supposed to reduce. Also, since Haley would be in actual fact, if not public fact, living with her brother, why would she want to live in Diane's world? She, too, would want her own stuff around her. Yes, there are convenient lies to explain away inconsistencies, but eventually they accumulate into a giant pile of instantly recognizable BS. Frankly, they should've run out with her panties on the MC's childhood bedroom's floor, but perhaps that's what put Dad on his current frowny-faced warpath.

More logical would be moving the MC to Diane's apartment and making Haley and Diane roommates. Then both places are set up for plausible deniability. But I still don't see why Diane wouldn't say, "you know what, I'm good living in my own place, thanks." For her to be a realistic beard there really does need to be some reason she wants to be with the MC for more than an occasional roll in the hay, and so far there isn't. Maybe the "friend or fuckbuddy" choice all those chapters ago will eventually pay off somehow, but it's getting late in the day.

Adriana also has the added benefit of mudding the incest waters being her MILFy self.
As i was trying to explain to someone else a few pages ago, apparently only semi-successfully, the "shock" of the MC and Adriana going public with their relationship might be sufficiently jarring to completely distract the parents (or anyone else) from trying to figure out what's really going on between Haley and her brother. And, frankly, I think Adriana's been characterized pretty well as the sort of person who could go for, or at least accept, something like this.

Oh, I wasn't talking about Sandra at all, I was more thinking Lisa or Alana. But yeah, that would make zero sense if Haley got pregnant, unless they sold it as IVF.
Yeah, I suppose Lisa could work as Haley's girlfriend. (Not Alana; Haley doesn't even know her, unless she was present during the argument with Lisa at Sandra's...which was so long ago that I don't remember if she was or not.) But Lisa as currently characterized is way too free-spirited and flighty for an arrangement like that. Plus I'm not convinced that Haley trusts her like she does some of the others. And she'd be right to be wary. Lisa's not overtly dishonest but she is manipulative. Haley doesn't really need competition for that role.

The only person who needs the beard is the MC. Haley can simply be a single mother living with her brother and his wife/significant other. Haley never names the father and her brother steps in as the "substitute father figure". If the beard pulls the plug then brother and sister continue to collaborate in raising "her" child.
This is plausible, especially as if Haley's in that situation her mother would be even more disappointed in her than before and so there's zero chance that Haley would be relying on her parents for help, leaving her every reason to stick with her brother for support. (In fact, now that I think about it, this would be an entirely reasonable way to end the story, assuming there is going to be pregnancy, which remains speculation at the moment.)

On the other hand, Haley's choice to live either a publicly celibate, or unattached, or single-mother life until the end of her days and never leave her brother is always going to be something that'll draw curiosity at best and suspicion at worst.

One difficulty with a resolutely unidentified sperm donor is that it will inevitably bring Haley's ex back into the picture; he'll know it's not his based on timing alone, but he'll also know that Haley was almost certainly having sex with someone else while they were still together — which she was — and he'll want to know who. This also assumes that Haley and her brother don't want another child in the future, which would require yet another explanation. At that point you'd have to go with the IVF cover story, and that seems like a ridiculous amount of dishonesty to sustain over the course of a lifetime. Even if Haley's relationship with her parents falters, her brother's isn't likely to, yet he (and whoever he's "with") would still have to lie and cover for her.

So I probably mislabeled Sandra as a beard. Usually a beard knows he/she is a beard. Haley's plan is to seduce her into a polyamorous threesome where, as far as Sandra knows, she's the MC's wife and she and her husband are in an intimate loving sexual relationship with her sister in law. A true three way mutual relationship where all are equal participants.
Yes, but one in which Sandra understands that she's also the beard in terms of their public relationship. I mean, she's a very smart woman and would figure it out even if the siblings didn't discuss it with her, but of course the only ethical thing to do would be to make sure everyone's on the same page before progressing into said polyamorous relationship.

It may be the case that the MC loves Sandra, but he loves Haley far more, and Haley is playing a role with regard to Sandra, certain that she'll never know that she's a third wheel. Sandra has chosen the MC and has become enthralled with Haley. Unless Haley or the MC gives Sandra a reason to reassess the situation, she has no reason not to accept that she is an equal partner in a household of three.
I actually think that, if you're on the Sandra route, Haley's done a fair bit of work to not only bring balance to their relationship, but also to build some fairly strong bonds between the two women. It's worth noting that, on that route, the siblings have a lot less sex than they do on the other route, whereas Haley goes out of her way to give her brother and Sandra opportunities to have sex. I think that's a show-don't-tell way of suggesting that the MC and Sandra are in a much stronger place, romantically and sexually, than they were closer to the beginning of the story, during which it wasn't clear the MC felt anything more than amused affection and attraction.

That's not quite how it played out in Dreaming of Dana. [...] I think the possibilities for beards in this game make a hell of a lot more sense.
Thanks for the clarification; it's been a really long time since I've played that game. My recollection is that I didn't really like any of the bearding options in DoD, though in each case it was for a different reason. Of the three I seem to recall that the submissive assistant (Andrea?) was my favorite and seemed the least implausible.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: ProofreadingRUS
4.20 star(s) 303 Votes