Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
That said, I have two questions for you guys
1) As MC pointed out, doesn't Grandpa look too Touchy Touchy with girls? Am I the only one who suspects he is banging Madeleine?
2) What would you recommend to Ashley?
1) I think he's meant to give off the vibes of being an old lech, as men in his position often tend to be, but I don't think he is one. As for Madeleine, I don't there's anything sexual there, just the same lecherous behaviour but nothing more than that.

2) I would recommend that she remember why she rebelled in the first place; because she didn't want that kind of life for herself. Nothing has changed, as far as I can tell, as Ashley doesn't seem to want or enjoy that elitist lifestyle. She might feel bad about abandonding her sister because of her selfish actions, but she shouldn't let that guilt her into returning to a life she was never comfortable with.

I also found what the Grandfather said about himself interesting, about how he built his company and lifestyle by himself with his "own 2 hands", because that's what Ashley's trying to do now. She wants to build a life for herself, not take on someone else's legacy, and I'd like to think that her Grandfather could accept that as he might very well respect the self-made man, or in this case woman, because he is a self-made man.

Well, that was short, not sweet, but certainly disappointing, 5 hours of boring shit being a good little simp cuck for a pair of ugly cunts, and 2 mins with sweet little Em.

I really hope in episode 9 we can side with the old fart and tell ash to fuck off and never see the ugly cunt again.
You have issues. :rolleyes:

my question is
ntr update
or
regular update ?
This game doesn't and won't have NTR.

• Angry
Reactions: Orlox and Havik79

espy85

Sep 28, 2019
1. Grandpa is most likely an old perv.

2. Tell her to go after the millions, nothing prevent her from continue being friends with the halfway kids afterwards. If she stops being friends with them, means they friendship worth nothing to Ashley to begin with. That would be the true test of Ashley's friendship.
1) I think he's meant to give off the vibes of being an old lech, as men in his position often tend to be, but I don't think he is one. As for Madeleine, I don't there's anything sexual there, just the same lecherous behaviour but nothing more than that.

2) I would recommend that she remember why she rebelled in the first place; because she didn't want that kind of life for herself. Nothing has changed, as far as I can tell, as Ashley doesn't seem to want or enjoy that elitist lifestyle. She might feel bad about abandonding her sister because of her selfish actions, but she shouldn't let that guilt her into returning to a life she was never comfortable with.

I also found what the Grandfather said about himself interesting, about how he built his company and lifestyle by himself with his "own 2 hands", because that's what Ashley's trying to do now. She wants to build a life for herself, not take on someone else's legacy, and I'd like to think that her Grandfather could accept that as he might very well respect the self-made man, or in this case woman, because he is a self-made man.
I am probably conditioned by the various games on the forum, I always expect certain characters to behave in a certain way. But the attitude of Madelein and the grandfather does not convince me, there is something between the two, perhaps nothing perverse, but it does not seem to me a normal master-waitress relationship.

I don't think it will be easy to remain friends with Emily and the MC if she comes home to Lexington. Grandpa seems to me the classic authoritarian type and ready to do anything for her purposes, this is something that Lynn is right about, if Ash goes back to the Lexingtons his grandfather will make sure that she interrupts her relations with them.

It doesn't seem to me that Ashley ran away because she didn't like being rich, I think her problem was with her parents, or at least I understand that.
Grandpa definitely has esteem for her, the girl has proven to be different from the parasites that usually surround him, but he remains an authoritarian man, now that he has proof that Ashley has the right character, similar to his, he wants her to come back and follow the path that he has decided anyway.
I believe that for her sake, Ashley should stay away from the Lexingtons as much as possible.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
Nice update, which is not surprising at all.

I guess there wasn't much for those who need a full sex scene in every update, but this provided a great amount of back story for a few characters which I enjoyed.

Halfway House continues to be a game that doesn't waste too much time in unnecessary dialog to just keep me tapping away at the space bar and I appreciate that. Am I missing a skip function for additional play throughs?

Based on my personal preferences; I'm more attracted to Liz, Ashley, Piper, Nadia, and Kunieda. Ashley's past would be a pretty big turnoff in real life, but her personality might make up for it in reality just as it does in the game. Same with Piper's present occupation. So far, there hasn't been much on Piper to make me reconsider my thoughts on her occupation. I suppose her tease for money could have been a red herring and not what she really does though...

The cool thing about this game is that I do not find any of the models unattractive and the character development really adds to those who I find less attractive.

I'm really hoping for more of the doctor in future installments. Who am I kidding? I'm hoping for a bit more of all of the ladies. I can see now that I'll need to choose my saves carefully because I don't know how things might turn out with one of them depending on my interactions with others. This dynamic might prove to be more interesting with the sisters than some of the other sets, but there could be several interesting moments based on choices. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more jealousy from Ashley and Emily ad possibly Samantha as well.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Nice update, which is not surprising at all.

I guess there wasn't much for those who need a full sex scene in every update, but this provided a great amount of back story for a few characters which I enjoyed.

Halfway House continues to be a game that doesn't waste too much time in unnecessary dialog to just keep me tapping away at the space bar and I appreciate that. Am I missing a skip function for additional play throughs?
Yes, this seems to be some people's problem, that their attention span can't be held if there aren't boobs and pussies every 10 lines of text. :rolleyes:

The fact is that this game is so good because it's telling a good story and that this serves the sexual content rather than the sexual content serving the story.

Swordsman83

Anti Anti-NTR & Anti-Woke Crusader
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
wonder is it possible to corrupt Ashely's sister ?

hope the players have option to convince Ashely to choose either way for different paths.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

hope the players have option to convince Ashely to choose either way for different paths.
I don't know about going as far as "corruption", per se, maybe just get her to remove that stick up her butt by showing her how the other 99% live and humbling her would be enough.

With Ashley, I don't personally see this game as being one that will have drastically different paths like that. I feel like Ashley will make her own decision (hopefully to not go back to her Grandfather), and the MC can either be supportive of her decision or try to make her reconsider and she'll remember this, which may impact his relationship with her later on.

Last edited:

JuniorAT

Dec 25, 2017
With certain facial expressions (mostly the worried and pouty faces) Lynn kinda looks like Emily even tho she's supposed to resemble her sister Ashley. I find this funny since Ashley treats Em as her younger sister. Wonder if that's intentional by the dev to make Lynn and Em look similar or if it's just the way they model the girl's facial expression.

Reactions: hatefuldisplay

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I had a lot of fun with this update. Still one of the best games on F95. Like all the best games here, if you want fast action, you are better off with one of the lesser alternatives. All this talk about lack of sex scenes this update, or in general with this game? It is called storytelling. And Halfway House does it better than 99% of games here.

I didn't really care for Ashley's character much, up to now. I am not really into heavy tattoos and piercings, or her attitude, but it is nice to see her hard exterior crack a little, and to learn more about where she came from.

Ashlyn is smokin', wow. For those of you who think she is annoying, I think her attitude will mellow out a lot. She had been betrayed by her parents and raised by a manipulative scheming grandfather who tells her that her worth is in how she can help him. It is more realistic that she acts this way (storytelling again). If she was friendly and welcoming, it would be out of character based on her situation. She is a driven young woman with a lot to prove, and once she realizes that Ashley and the MC are generally on her side, I think we will see a different side of her.

I missed Dr. Kuneida :(, but I see that she wouldn't really fit in this update. Please Az, don't forget about her. And what about Nadia? I know we barely talked to her ages ago back in the coffee shop, but I liked her. I hope we eventually see more of her too.

I am amazed by how many guys on here are threatened by an MC that is friendly and accommodating to those he cares about. I thought I saw it all in the A Knights Tale thread. What are you guys, 12? Get rid of that middle-school mindset (unless you are actually in middle-school :unsure:). It will help you out in life. Ever heard of the expression that you can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar? Sure some "tough" guys go through life just fine being rude and antagonistic to everyone, even their friends. But being a genuinely agreeable person, that doesn't mind helping people when they need it, makes other people like to be around you, generally.

If you want to play a rude, manipulative, and controlling MC, 80% of the games here are right up your alley. There is nothing wrong with helping out your friends when they are having a tough time. And its not the end of the world to bite your tongue if a friend is a little demanding when stressed. What was the MC supposed to do in the dressing room when Ashley told him to pick up her stuff, in front of her rude acting sister? Should he have told her, "No way woman, pick it up yourself"? That would be rude and out of character for the MC. He had a rough time with his temper in the past, ended up in jail because of it, and is trying to improve himself. Not all ex-cons have to be thuggish. The MC let's fly his own zingers from time to time, so he reads as quite realistic and a genuinely decent MC, for a change.

Halfway House has some of the best characters, dialog, and realistic character progression on this site, with an actually likable MC for once. Az is doing a great job.

mileduets

Mar 13, 2018
I'd say she's more likely she corrupts the MC, not the other way around!

Ashlynn is probably the moraly most corrupted person in this game so far, apart from the rapist.

Different question: Why would parents chose two so similar sounding names for their daughters?

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
Sure some "tough" guys go through life just fine being rude and antagonistic to everyone, even their friends. But being a genuinely agreeable person, that doesn't mind helping people when they need it, makes other people like to be around you, generally.
The same apply both ways. Shouldn't Ashley also be a little more friendly and accommodating? Why would anyone want to be friends with someone like Ashley in real life to begin with? If you say her looks you are shallow!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The same apply both ways. Shouldn't Ashley also be a little more friendly and accommodating? Why would anyone want to be friends with someone like Ashley in real life to begin with? If you say her looks you are shallow!
Because she's lively, spontaneous, good fun to be around, and has a good heart deep down.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
The same apply both ways. Shouldn't Ashley also be a little more friendly and accommodating?
Sure. That would be ideal. But you have to take people as they are. Ashley has gone through a lot, which we are just starting to realize. Imagine being mistreated by your parents such that both daughters and their own father hates them, though we still don't know the whole story of what happened, turning to prostitution, being kicked out of your house with nothing by your wealthy parents, forced to live on the street, and ending up in jail. I am sure many people have treated her badly, probably most people. She is just beginning to see what a real family is in the Halfway House, and its is still just temporary. She will complete her sentence soon and have to leave, probably. You might not be keen to open up and be friendly with most people.

Her attitude is a protective mechanism to keep herself from being hurt and taken advantage of by insincere people. She is deeply afraid of opening up to someone honestly and being rejected, so she tries to keep everybody at arms length, through her stand-offish attitude and rude comments. You can see however, how she is starting to have more confidence in the MC and willing to show her softer side on occasion.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
I am amazed by how many guys on here are threatened by an MC that is friendly and accommodating to those he cares about. I thought I saw it all in the A Knights Tale thread. What are you guys, 12? Get rid of that middle-school mindset (unless you are actually in middle-school :unsure:). It will help you out in life. Ever heard of the expression that you can attract more flies with honey than with vinegar? Sure some "tough" guys go through life just fine being rude and antagonistic to everyone, even their friends. But being a genuinely agreeable person, that doesn't mind helping people when they need it, makes other people like to be around you, generally.

If you want to play a rude, manipulative, and controlling MC, 80% of the games here are right up your alley. There is nothing wrong with helping out your friends when they are having a tough time. And its not the end of the world to bite your tongue if a friend is a little demanding when stressed. What was the MC supposed to do in the dressing room when Ashley told him to pick up her stuff, in front of her rude acting sister? Should he have told her, "No way woman, pick it up yourself"? That would be rude and out of character for the MC. He had a rough time with his temper in the past, ended up in jail because of it, and is trying to improve himself. Not all ex-cons have to be thuggish. The MC let's fly his own zingers from time to time, so he reads as quite realistic and a genuinely decent MC, for a change.

Halfway House has some of the best characters, dialog, and realistic character progression on this site, with an actually likable MC for once. Az is doing a great job.
I get what you're saying, but there's a difference between being friendly and accommodating and letting people walk all over you.

I'm a pretty quiet and calm guy. I very rarely get into arguments and try to avoid fights if I can, but talking to someone in the manner that these characters talk to MC as often as they do would definitely lead me to saying something, especially where I grew up. It's even weirder to let stuff like that fly if we just met like MC and Ashlyn. I'm not saying he should go off and start calling her all types of bitches and hoes, but he should try to defend himself even a little. That's what leads people to think they can walk all over you. I can get him taking Ashley's shit because at that point they've known each other for awhile now and he's aware that she likes to talk shit to people. I know people like that and even I like to talk shit to friends, it would be cool if MC was able to dish back to her, which if I'm remembering correctly only happened once if we chose it.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I definitely don't want MC to be an asshole with the temper of a toddler, but sticking up for yourself in a calm manner is totally possible and not in anyway "thuggish" as you say. I actually enjoy this game and this guy is one of the least annoying MCs, but I've been thinking for awhile that he seems kind of like a bystander most of the time.

realfoodman

Feb 6, 2020
one thing i realize i realllllllllllly hate in these games (i love the game dont take this badly) is when the mc realizes he's being treated like a dog or lesser person (in this case its when the sister wants to know his name but doesnt ask him directly rather jus stares at him) and knows answering only justifies the action, yet still answers....i would really like the option to jus sit there not saying anything.

oh and to clarify this isnt about being a "tough guy" or being "alpha", jus u know, some self worth vs the people that will always treat u like shit for no reason. Be the better man or woman but know when to at least get a little respect in some instances.
again i love this game...its just something ive realized happens pretty often in these games

nvm i continued and its written for him to get stepped on and accept it .

Last edited:

Satburn

Nov 30, 2020
one thing i realize i realllllllllllly hate in these games (i love the game dont take this badly) is when the mc realizes he's being treated like a dog or lesser person (in this case its when the sister wants to know his name but doesnt ask him directly rather jus stares at him) and knows answering only justifies the action, yet still answers....i would really like the option to jus sit there not saying anything.

oh and to clarify this isnt about being a "tough guy" or being "alpha", jus u know, some self worth vs the people that will always treat u like shit for no reason. Be the better man or woman but know when to at least get a little respect in some instances.
again i love this game...its just something ive realized happens pretty often in these games

nvm i continued and its written for him to get stepped on and accept it .
Or is it that he just didn't want to reduce himself down to her level and decided to say sod it I'm just going to be myself and he was not going to let him get affected by her snobbishness.

I have found this the best way in situations like these, just stay calm, and this way you rise above them and piss them off even more.

Reactions: Orlox
4.30 star(s) 178 Votes