Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Honestly, tell us what you want the MC to do specifically. I am genuinely interested. In your perfect game, what do you want the MC to do in the situation he finds himself in? Where a friend asks his help dealing with her difficult sister and grandfather. What would you do?
Im kinda bumping into this discussion sorry, yet here is what i would do (if this is my perfect game) - i would tell my friend to piss off, sort her shit as she wanna, let her go and then fuck her boss, then go home and fuck Sam till the girls are still out. Ende of my perfect story/game.:whistle:

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Im kinda bumping into this discussion sorry, yet here is what i would do (if this is my perfect game) - i would tell my friend to piss off, sort her shit as she wanna, let her go and then fuck her boss, then go home and fuck Sam till the girls are still out. Ende of my perfect story/game.:whistle:
I'll get aboard the "fuck sam" part :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Abhai

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
It does boggle the mind.......

I do think the MC could have been a little more.....assertive i guess but i understand why he was behaving the way he did. Besides, that bodyguard was one scary looking mothafucker, wouldn't wanna try to go up against him.
Ash said she knew the bodyguard longer than Ashlynn, so MC would've been fine unless he managed to piss off both sisters

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
Yes, I'm sure that would have worked out well for you. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1058532

It makes perfect sense because aside from the fact that, in life, it's sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and not make an awkward and/or difficult situation worse, the MC acting impulsively and being someone who doesn't "take bullshit quietly" is precisely what landed him in trouble in the first place and he's trying to reform and not be like that anymore. He would have achieved nothing from being snarky, dismissive, or trying to talk back to either Ashley or Ashlyn because it doesn't serve anyone any good for him to be like this.

I think we all know what you wanted the focus to be on, but this, as has been said numerous times, is a story and character-driven game. It's not a game where the female characters are one-note, one-dimensional fuckdolls. They have deep backstories and unique personalities that are going to be explored and this was an episode clearly designed to give more exposition to Ashley's character and it succeeded very well in doing just that.

I honestly do not understand what some people think the MC was supposed to do in this situation other than be supportive of his friend. Was he supposed to tell Ashlyn to "shut the fuck up", or call her a "bitch", or tell her to "get you own fucking bag" when they were in the shop? Because none of that would have been helpful, nor would it have stood the MC in good with stead with anybody. Now, maybe some people think that's exactly what he should have done, but I just think it would have made the MC out to be a brainless and insensitive jerk, and anyone who thinks that would have been fine clearly hasn't been paying attention to this game if they think that sort of behaviour would be in-line with how the MC's character has been established.

What I don't get is why people keep coming back in to a thread to spew the same bile over and over. We get it, you don't like the game, but why they feel the need to keep coming back and recycle the same old tired, childish, and triggered insults is as strange as it is sad.
There's a difference between being kind and being a walking doormat. It's hilarious you making excuses for shitty writing. Lemme get yo bags massa :KEK: mc.jpg mc this update:FacePalm:
Also we know Ashley is a whore and she fucked half the city for money. Can we please move on? :WutFace:

Last edited:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I already said what I want, simple, tell ash to go fuck herself for being nothing but a cunt to the MC, then go wait for Emily and talk her into a makeout on the train ride back, and talk about how the day went, you know, like a normal couple would do, maybe try to find out more about her friend who was picked on.

Emily fits me like a glove, I love that shy sweet girl, admittedly maybe a little less feisty, but I wouldn't kick her out of bed for it.

I mean, in my first playthrough I took every green option the mod showed, and for example had ash prove my point about her and try to crush the MC cock, the second time I just picked Emily and Shiho, and told Emily a lie, what happened, the next morning came and you bump into her in the hallway in her panties, no cock crushing.

So if you can pick options and skip stuff in other chapters, why not this time.

I do not care what anyone says, ash is NOT a friend to the MC.

Let's face it, if the shoe was on the other foot, we all know ash would fuck off and leave us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020
Some comments here almost made me wonder if I'm crazy for not liking Ashley. I mean, she was never nice to the Sean, not even when he was hurt and some still see her behavior as strength rather than rudeness and find any excuse for her selfshness.

At least I'm not the only one that think that way...

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Some comments here almost made me wonder if I'm crazy for not liking Ashley. I mean, she was never nice to the Sean, not even when he was hurt and some still see her behavior as strength rather than rudeness and find any excuse for her selfshness.

At least I'm not the only one that think that way...
And when in a game beside a woman who was almost raped and still was more concerned with the MC, and being "mum" for the others than herself, actual strength.

MLS61

Aug 29, 2017
This game ruined 3D games for me. The models are made too well compared to most of the stuff you can see on this website, so now I'm always comparing the models of other games to this one...

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I already said what I want, simple, tell ash to go fuck herself for being nothing but a cunt to the MC...
etc.
I do not care what anyone says, ash is NOT a friend to the MC.
Well, to each his own. That is why most VNs here have several types of characters, to appeal to everyone's different preferences. I know Ashley is quite abrasive, especially at the beginning, but to me at least it is clear that her rough exterior is just an act. Imagining myself in a similar situation as the MC, I think I would try to get to know her better. Dr. Kunieda, Emily, and several other characters are more appealing to me personally, though this latest update has me giving Ashley more consideration, but Ashley has never done anything to actually harm the MC, really, and her rude comments, at least after the first few updates, read to me as not really serious. Kind of like Katie in Where The Heart Is, if you've played that before.

I have a feeling, that if we asked Ashley for help in anything, no matter how inconvenient, she would give a few snide comments about having to rescue me, or something similar, but she would absolutely do it. To me, that is the sign of a true friend.

Episode 8....I have to agree with some posts related to MC; he became so passive. Is it because he had 2 head injuries or what ? The interactions with Ashlyn just got me mad....he was so unresponsive; no snarky come backs, no putting her back in her place (even politely), no nothing !!
And Emily....sweet Emily. I don't mind slow burning relationships but it's getting annoyingly long.
Everyone is entitled to their own perceptions or expectations in how the story should/would/could progress, but I'm slowly drifting away from the game and losing interest.
I see that that is a popular opinion around here, but really, if a friend asked me go with her for moral support because she has to visit her difficult sister and grandfather who kicked her out of the house, me getting into a verbal fight with her sister over a few mildly rude comments is not going to help anything, and is likely to make everything worse for Ashley. It is a sign of maturity to know when to hold your tongue. I have to deal with difficult people all the time, and 90% of the time, the best course of action is to just rise above it and be the bigger person. If Ashlyn was around me all the time, and wouldn't let up, sure, eventually I would say something. But I can hold it together for a day or two, especially when I am in her house.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well, to each his own. That is why most VNs here have several types of characters, to appeal to everyone's different preferences. I know Ashley is quite abrasive, especially at the beginning, but to me at least it is clear that her rough exterior is just an act. Imagining myself in a similar situation as the MC, I think I would try to get to know her better. Dr. Kunieda, Emily, and several other characters are more appealing to me personally, but Ashley has never done anything to actually harm the MC, really, and her rude comments, at least after the first few updates, read to me as not really serious. Kind of like Katie in Where The Heart Is, if you've played that before.

I have a feeling, that if we asked Ashley for help in anything, no matter how inconvenient, she would give a few snide comments about having to rescue me, or something similar, but she would absolutely do it. To me, that is the sign of a true friend.
Ashley is playful, but to a few sensitive souls that's apparently being a "cunt". :rolleyes:

Seems some people don't know the difference.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
That is why most VNs here have several types of characters, to appeal to everyone's different preferences.
Yes, but the problem here is being shackled to Emily as your sole LI. That's not really my biggest complaint though. It's the fact that she gets so painfully few scenes of alone time with MC over the past 8 episodes as compared to the other non-LIs (and even side girls). It's time to start increasing Emily's interactions. Next episode needs to be Emily-focused. Eight episodes in and the game has given me very little reason or opportunity to fall in love with my only LI.
--
Regarding the MC being a softy in ep. 8, that wouldn't bother me if he hadn't already been established as a character who has a problem with anger management. In earlier episodes, the dev goes out of his way to produce a physical manifestation of MC's anger on the screen. So are we to believe he has completely conquered his inner demons by this point in the story? Is that plot point dead? And how did this miracle happen? By him just having brief "talk it out" session with Samantha? I have to agree with the others who have said he should have at least had dialogue with more of a choice to either suppress the rage or unleash it. Or the story should have been more clear that MC no longer has aggression issues.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Are you describing Emily? Are you sure you really played the game?

Other than Emily being childish, your description of her is completely wrong!
Emily reacts to things in very strong ways, but the MC seems very adept at being able to talk her down and make her somewhat submissive. Just look at the last episode, she's pissed at him but all he has to do is bring her a burger and the next thing you know he's groping her boobs.

She also hasn't had as much life experience as Ashley has had because Emily got into trouble when she was still at school and it was one violent incident defending her friend that got her sent down. Ashley was forced to fend for herself for a while, doing many things that probably amounted to a decent-sized rap sheet before eventually getting sent down, and during that time before prison she learned a lot of harsh truths about life and the way the world works.

Regarding the MC being a softy in ep. 8, that wouldn't bother me if he hadn't already been established as a character who has a problem with anger management. In earlier episodes, the dev goes out of his way to produce a physical manifestation of MC's anger on the screen. So are we to believe he has completely conquered his inner demons by this point in the story? Is that plot point dead? And how did this miracle happen? By him just having brief "talk it out" session with Samantha? I have to agree with the others who have said he should have at least had dialogue with more of a choice to either suppress the rage or unleash it. Or the story should have been more clear that MC no longer has aggression issues.
Maybe the dev could have given players the option to be diplomatic or fight fire with fire, but therein also probably lies the reason why they didn't do it that way. Doing so would probably create more variables, more branching for being more on one side than the other, and they probably didn't want to do that because they wanted this event to be more linear as it will serve the story and the game better if everybody is on the the same track.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
I guess with the protagonist's goofy, overly passive behavior the dev wants to show how his anger is turned inward for the time being and he doesn't know how to react properly. He has some emotional problems like the rest of the halfway house's residents. The problem is that he gets bent like a beach chair almost every time somebody challenges him, which I find very confusing story-wise. After all, he spent a significant amount of time in the JDC, and most often than not these places are no better than prison. You even have convicted murderers there, so he should be more assertive because of that. Based on the time he said he spent there, there's a level of institutionalization that affects everybody, and there are certain traits that become prevalent even in the most meek people.

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes