Oct 31, 2018
There's a heartbeat sound that starts the first night when Luis shows up in the mc's room and continues for the next several days. Is there some way I can turn this sound off short of turning down the main volume all the way?
Man I am getting that heartbeat sound too and it is bloody annoying. I looked at the save file but could not see if it has an on/off option.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
The whole episode was about the character i am least interested in? why?

I actually liked ashlyn at the beginning. I would have reacted the same way if my sister did what ashley did but then ashlyn offered herself to MC to have all the money and grandpa's attention. Ashley and Ashlyn aren't much different. Both can go to any extent to get what they want.

I just hope MC can put Ashlyn in right track and maybe romance her(not likely since game has only 1 LI). I don't respect ashley for what she did in her past that also only to get reaction from her parents. Her bitchy nature is like a cherry on the cake. she don't even regret for what she did and is really proud of that. It's like MC's girlfriend in Acting lessons. The one who cheated on MC to provoke him and awake his emotions. didn't end up well in both the cases.

People may say that she isn't a slut. she did that to get the attention. well there are a lot of ways to get attention. The fact that she chose this option to get attention definitely shows what she is.

Reactions: laeg

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
I'm not sure I like the direction the game took with the last update.

Part of the appeal with this game was that the premise for the characters was very humble. They're in a halfway house, they're a long way from sci-fi, magic, anime-esque crime families, undercover spies and save-the-world schemes etc etc Which was great! It really set this game apart and meant it could just focus on the characters without the need for some hackneyed Hollywood plot.

....and then episode 8 comes along and all of a sudden it's a Cinderella story.
You think episode 8 is when the story flies off the rails, and not how two episodes into the series we see a woman literally get sexually assaulted in a dingy bathroom and it's largely brushed off and used as a plot point for the MC to progress his relationships through the sympathy card and meet a new pseudo-LI doctor? I think the tone was set very early on that this is a fluff piece.

The only part about the Cinderella story that seems bizarre is why MC is even there? There's no reason for him to tag along. You could have Ashley meet up with her grandfather off-screen and tell the story about the meeting from later accounts and context clues. His very presence seems like a plot contrivance to show character progression for Ashley without directly 3rd personning the narrative, and introduce Ashlyn as a tertiary character.

And speaking of Ashlyn, her immediate first response (despite being portrayed as a virginal counterpart to Ashley) is to bribe MC with sexual favors if he convinces Ashley to renege? As opposed to... I don't know... buy him off? Threaten him like she seemed to have no issue doing before? It's just such a strange 0-100 that it feels like the dialogue was missing a few scenes.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
You think episode 8 is when the story flies off the rails, and not how two episodes into the series we see a woman literally get sexually assaulted in a dingy bathroom and it's largely brushed off and used as a plot point for the MC to progress his relationships through the sympathy card and meet a new pseudo-LI doctor? I think the tone was set very early on that this is a fluff piece.
In fairness spending an episode in the hospital didn't seem like "brushing it off". I think that every series can be allowed some suspension of disbelief in order to introduce some vehicles for character development. However with ep 8 that vehicle went over the rails fast & furious like Vin diesel. I agree with you how cringey Ashlyn's reaction was. It felt like a mechanicm to shoe horn nudity into the episode just because it had.

Kata

Feb 17, 2017
In fairness spending an episode in the hospital didn't seem like "brushing it off". I think that every series can be allowed some suspension of disbelief in order to introduce some vehicles for character development. However with ep 8 that vehicle went over the rails fast & furious like Vin diesel. I agree with you how cringey Ashlyn's reaction was. It felt like a mechanicm to shoe horn nudity into the episode just because it had.
I didn't feel the gravity of the hospital scenes at all. If anything, they just delayed the work scenes which decisively take MC away from the girls. All of the major characters visited him in the hospital so it wasn't really a case of the MC being deprived of any character interaction, and they introduced yet another girl that is obviously interested in him. Moreover, the woman who was actually assaulted seemed to have ignored it altogether. If anything, she seemed more willing after to escalate things sexually with the MC, which makes it feel like they just used it as a means of plot progression (which is icky, to say the least).

I can definitely see where you're coming from that the characters seemed pretty humble and this episode didn't really jive with it. But we already knew that Ashley came from a very wealthy family before. If anything, I think this does a good job of fleshing out why Ashley would feel the need to act out/separate, which I suspect is why Az included the scenes. Her family environment is toxic as hell.

I don't have any issue with Ashley's character arc/progression. I just question why MC needed to be there. It really makes it feel like these characters don't have lives or make any growth of their own unless MC happens to be on the screen with them, which is usually a feeling you get when the writing is not quite up to a high enough standard.

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes