AlfredBundy4

Feb 12, 2021
Why stress yourself when you get around 3k each month for basically doing nothing.

Most of us would do the same.
This is the inherent problem with this kind of art. If you make something that catches on it will bring financial supporters (good). However, it then comes down to the personality of the dev. If they're truly in it for the creation of it, the money won't change them. In fact, they'll wisely use the money to help get projects updated and finished fasternin order to begin new ones.

If the dev is lazy, in it for the money alone or afraid they cannot make another successful VN they just milk it. They sit on it as long as they can. When support really starts to fade or the subs get restless beyond control they'll drop an update. Something, anything. This shuts them up for a bit, the money keeps coming and it's basically free money. Depending on where they live, bringing in $2,500 USD a month like this guy can be luxury living or it can be just enough to live on without actually having to work a job (still a win for many).

That's the problem - people being paid before a work is finished. It would almost be better to have a system where financial support is kept in an escrow and then upon completion the funds are released. Something...but that won't happen so this will keep happening.

Again, some devs do it right and it can take a lot of time. Yet, those good ones drop two updates a year that are massive and high quality. You can tell they give a shit.
Others are purely in it for retirement, lol. Guys like L&P that have a finish date literally 15 years down the road and shit as as they take in tens of thousands a month. They struck gold. They can work as slow as they like, release as little as they like and people still send the money.

I swear it's like a test of one's soul, lol. It's a basic corruption test:
"Here is $20K a month. It won't go away as long as you claim you're working. Do you actually try to make art or do you just want to soak up as much money as you can?"

Sadly, most fail that test. Most will choose to milk.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
This is the inherent problem with this kind of art. If you make something that catches on it will bring financial supporters (good). However, it then comes down to the personality of the dev. If they're truly in it for the creation of it, the money won't change them. In fact, they'll wisely use the money to help get projects updated and finished fasternin order to begin new ones.

If the dev is lazy, in it for the money alone or afraid they cannot make another successful VN they just milk it. They sit on it as long as they can. When support really starts to fade or the subs get restless beyond control they'll drop an update. Something, anything. This shuts them up for a bit, the money keeps coming and it's basically free money. Depending on where they live, bringing in $2,500 USD a month like this guy can be luxury living or it can be just enough to live on without actually having to work a job (still a win for many).

That's the problem - people being paid before a work is finished. It would almost be better to have a system where financial support is kept in an escrow and then upon completion the funds are released. Something...but that won't happen so this will keep happening.

Again, some devs do it right and it can take a lot of time. Yet, those good ones drop two updates a year that are massive and high quality. You can tell they give a shit.
Others are purely in it for retirement, lol. Guys like L&P that have a finish date literally 15 years down the road and shit as as they take in tens of thousands a month. They struck gold. They can work as slow as they like, release as little as they like and people still send the money.

I swear it's like a test of one's soul, lol. It's a basic corruption test:
"Here is $20K a month. It won't go away as long as you claim you're working. Do you actually try to make art or do you just want to soak up as much money as you can?"

Sadly, most fail that test. Most will choose to milk.
This right here is the reason I'm VERY cautious about who I support on Patreon. I do support devs as much as possible...if I enjoy their work enough and they've proven themselves to be reliable. Unfortunately some have made me feel cheated after I've signed up to support them

Not naming names, but one has rebooted the same fucking game twice, cutting content and re-adding it, and even started a spin-off with a disliked character from the first game

The dev of this game hasn't released anything in close to a year. There's no way in HELL I'd support someone like that

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
This right here is the reason I'm VERY cautious about who I support on Patreon. I do support devs as much as possible...if I enjoy their work enough and they've proven themselves to be reliable. Unfortunately some have made me feel cheated after I've signed up to support them

Not naming names, but one has rebooted the same fucking game twice, cutting content and re-adding it, and even started a spin-off with a disliked character from the first game

The dev of this game hasn't released anything in close to a year. There's no way in HELL I'd support someone like that
You talking about Walkius? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Mauser45

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
I tried this game and it's a hit and a miss, gotta give it some point for originality.
Instead of the usual parents got killed, disappeared and stuff and his shipped off to his aunts house or mommy's friend or whatever there is an actual reason for him to live in a house with a landlady and some roommates his age, tho I have never seen a halfway house so I got no clue how realistic it is.

The MC is a major problem tho, how fucking useless is this guy? Cant make a breakfast for himself with one arm and he runs around the house and bagging poor Sam for a sandwich? What are you 6? How fucking hard it is to fry and egg with 1 and a half arm? A dude won Hell's Kitchen with a broken wrist.
And the crying about his stitches being removed without a sedative? No way this wimp was in Juvie for 4 years without being someone's special friend on the inside.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
The writing is bad. When I first booted up the game the disclaimer, alone, made me raise a brow. I could barely make it through the second episode before closing the game. Give credit where credit is due - The dev has potential with the graphical side of things. The most annoying thing is all the "hehe" and "haha"s flung around. There are plenty of ways to add amusement with out sounding like a 12 year old. So every time Samantha said "hehe" it just made me disconnect more and more.

Maybe the writing improves down the line. But it really is down to the Author to try to hook you in early to keep you, the reader, invested.

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
thjere will be an update , if the devs needs money again ... i mean when new good hardware is out ....
Sadly you are probably right...too bad, was actually enjoying the game, though after this amount of time I am probably gonna scrap this game. There are many other games out now and more coming which have more regular updates and is more "modern" in terms of look, design, platform etc. Seems dev is really just hoping people will keep paying subs when he clearly has no intention of completing this game.

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes