Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Sadly you are probably right...too bad, was actually enjoying the game, though after this amount of time I am probably gonna scrap this game. There are many other games out now and more coming which have more regular updates and is more "modern" in terms of look, design, platform etc. Seems dev is really just hoping people will keep paying subs when he clearly has no intention of completing this game.
well
i dont know where AZ is from - but maybe consider that (if) he´s affected by the focking ukraine war?
like many others

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
From what I remember Az lives in an asia country. It's not my place to say where though, that would be up to him.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
So does anyone know why exactly the progress is taking so long?

Did the dev invoked any motives or something?

Last edited:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
So does anyone know why exactly the progress is taking so long?

Did the dev invoked any motives or something?
Basically he's just said he's too busy to get anything on this project done faster than a snail's pace. Someday there will be an update ... or not.

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
well
i dont know where AZ is from - but maybe consider that (if) he´s affected by the focking ukraine war?
like many others
Very true and its all possible of course, real life does happen and these games and its development take a back burner over many things. That does unfortunately not change the fact that those who are loyal patreons are still dishing money for nothing especially after a year of inactivity (meaning any update or new release, not social media presence). Additionally, as mentioned, the game becomes dated and better options become available for patreons to spend cash on active game development. This is just the nature and reality of things and honestly.

If the dev is alive and well, which seems to be suggested by comments about there discord presence etc, why not take the moral high ground and provide people with reasons or even stop taking donations until they are up and running again...oh yeah...free money *snap...

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
Very true and its all possible of course, real life does happen and these games and its development take a back burner over many things. That does unfortunately not change the fact that those who are loyal patreons are still dishing money for nothing especially after a year of inactivity (meaning any update or new release, not social media presence). Additionally, as mentioned, the game becomes dated and better options become available for patreons to spend cash on active game development. This is just the nature and reality of things and honestly.

If the dev is alive and well, which seems to be suggested by comments about there discord presence etc, why not take the moral high ground and provide people with reasons or even stop taking donations until they are up and running again...oh yeah...free money *snap...

This is why people get angry. It's totally fine if you have to put your hobby on a back burner, but when you start taking money and earn enough for it to be a primary income, you then have responsibilities that go with that.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017

This is why people get angry. It's totally fine if you have to put your hobby on a back burner, but when you start taking money and earn enough for it to be a primary income, you then have responsibilities that go with that.
No, they don't. If people want to keep supporting him despite the slow progress that's their business. If they don't think there's enough progress to justify their investment they can just stop support. People who get hung up on how others choose to spend their money is mind boggling.

Last edited:

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
No, they don't. If people want to keep supporting him despite the slow progress that's their business. If they don't think there's enough progress to justify their investment they can just stop support. People who get hung up on how others choose to spend their money is mind boggling.
I wasn't stating an opinion, just pointing out that people get angry when a developer is getting paid to do very little (or nothing). My opinion is that Patreon is a terrible way to support VN development because it leads to failed (incomplete) projects the majority of the time. Just look at the number of failed projects here. The development arc is almost always the same, once the Patreon takes off, the updates slow down and eventually stop, while the money continues to roll in.

I much prefer to support projects via Ichi.io or Steam because you are supporting actual development, paying for content chunks, not a pipe dream.

It's the same for me for supporting game development. There are those that happily shell out money for things like Star Citizen, and others who prefer to actually pay for a completed project. As you said, the choice is up to the individual. But that won't stop community ire at unfinished projects continuing to receive funding...

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I don't get the whining here about the money Az gets. If you are a supporter, then stop it. If not, then it's up to the ones who still support him. Seems they are still ok with what they get. Otherwise most actually would already have stopped pledging/left there. But surprisingly it's always here on F95zone and other pirate forums with "free" downloads seeing those posts like "he dosn't deserve the money he gets". I bet most doing that never supported a game anyway.

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020

It does make me wonder if, or rather why there is not some sort of Consumer Protection Act or Policy for Patreons that "force" developers to provide reasonable time-frames for updates and game completion instead of leaving it open ended. I do know that this would not sit well with most developers but on the other hand, if they are sincere with their product and commitments, then why not...I mean the consumer is putting their faith into the developer after all with no guarantee as it is...shouldn't consumers get a least a modicum of consideration/protection?

I am however certain that there will be some argument in the lines of "its not a paid for service, but a donation" and all I will say to that is yeah...no...I don't think so.

Reactions: lomechip

N0madS0uL

Sep 30, 2020
I don't get the whining here about the money Az gets. If you are a supporter, then stop it. If not, then it's up to the ones who still support him. Seems they are still ok with what they get. Otherwise most actually would already have stopped pledging/left there. But surprisingly it's always here on F95zone and other pirate forums with "free" downloads seeing those posts like "he dosn't deserve the money he gets". I bet most doing that never supported a game anyway.
What you say has some merit sure, but you seem to forget that despite paying or not paying (supporting) the developer, they still have not released an update in about a year...which if you are a paying patreon makes your loyalty misplaced and for those not paying it can be seen as a bullet dodged. It really depends on your point of view doesn't it?

That said, this forum is here for people to voice their thoughts and opinions and there are ever so often good arguments to be made. Your post however falls in squarely with the predicatable advocates for developers that simply exploit and you are giving no fact or reasons as to the developers progress or lack thereof...

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
It does make me wonder if, or rather why there is not some sort of Consumer Protection Act or Policy for Patreons that "force" developers to provide reasonable time-frames for updates and game completion instead of leaving it open ended. I do know that this would not sit well with most developers but on the other hand, if they are sincere with their product and commitments, then why not...I mean the consumer is putting their faith into the developer after all with no guarantee as it is...shouldn't consumers get a least a modicum of consideration/protection?
The thing is, Patreon is donation based to support the artist in general, not a specific product.
It's not like GoFundMe where you invest your money to get a future product.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
What you say has some merit sure, but you seem to forget that despite paying or not paying (supporting) the developer, they still have not released an update in about a year...which if you are a paying patreon makes your loyalty misplaced and for those not paying it can be seen as a bullet dodged. It really depends on your point of view doesn't it?

That said, this forum is here for people to voice their thoughts and opinions and there are ever so often good arguments to be made. Your post however falls in squarely with the predicatable advocates for developers that simply exploit and you are giving no fact or reasons as to the developers progress or lack thereof...
This is oc my own opinion, but for me it seems you don't know what Patreon is actually mostly for. You don't buy there a game. You support a developer for the, well, developement. Not for the finished product in the first place. As said above there are other platforms for that, like steam. So if you are not happy with what the dev. is doing, then don't pay for it. I for one do NOT support him, because I am NOT happy with it. But I also don't be kinda envy that others still want to do that and give him quite some money. It's their decision.

Reactions: Meushi

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
All I know is this. Best Girl Ash need a proper pounding, with Em watching and learning how it's done. Really miss Blue Hair Quinn.

Reactions: Darkdevil66

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Well, it's a bit more complicated here. Az is not paywalling the game, only the early access or getting additional things. You can get the game there for free after some time. So paying him is not related to getting the game itself. Also, there is no "I make an update every xx months" on his Patreon either. And he does the other things like special renders and so on. Don't get me wrong, as said from me I am not a supporter because of the very slow progress. But it seems others are happy for what they get in return.

Is this slow progress ok/fair for other developers? I don't know. But I also support devs who give periodic, but small updates. In the end I maybe get there the same amount or even less per year as here. Again, for me the developement of Halfway House got unfortunately out of hand, therefore no support from me. But saying (from others here probably not supporting him) he is earning to much/he does not deserve it is imo not right.

Also the "supporters forgot that they are Patrons" and therefore the high income as said from someone above is, well, nonsense. That is not the majority of the Patrons, probably only a few ones. Also if someone is to lazy to keep track of their money is not the fault of the dev, it's the fault of themselfs.

Anyway, I move on now here. Others have different opinions, but that's of course ok. I only can't stand the obvious ones who only do badmouthing ("he is milking"). That is not having an opinion imo, that is only posting negativity/trolling.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Edit: This post was edited by a moderator, deleted quotes(s) and related content. Some context has been lost.
on EP9's release month, I was making like 7K\month at one point and that's gone down to 2.9K\month today. So as you can see, I'm not dragging this thing out because it's good for me.
Because the bottle-neck is he can't render any faster than he is currently.
So with that 10 renders a day number and very roughly 700-800 renders left to do, everyone can maybe get a super optimistic estimate how much longer EP10 is going to be in the works.
Losing subs won't speed up development. It might get the game abandoned if he doesn't have enough subs to cover costs. Depends how much development relies on game income, which I don't know in Az's case.

Anyone who offers unswerving economic support for a dev is either rich, or really into the project. I don't know anyone who's either. I doubt it's a significant factor in what other devs do, and thus no impact on people who like AVNs.

Most of the devs that make decent money work their ass off. Those who don't produce decent quality, update infrequently and don't communicate will lose subs, without the 'experts' at f95 endlessly moaning about it.

And I don't accept the insinuation that Az isn't doing real honest work. People around f95 label anyone who is slow at development a milker. Milker != slow, it means deliberately going slow to gouge Patreons. Az isn't doing the latter, if he could render faster he would, and claw back some of those subs he lost. Same for most of the other slow devs.

The constant moaning certainly has an adverse impact on the devs who are active at f95 at least. Several of them have mentioned how it's killed their mood/motivation etc. Which is one of the reasons most devs disappear from f95 eventually, and means people at f95 who like AVNs have less contact with devs, and mostly only gain insights second hand from subscribers.

Which circles back to my original point. If it's not value for money to you, don't sub. What other people do with their money is their problem, complaining about others supporting devs you wouldn't is pointless & counter productive.

Last edited:

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
The constant moaning certainly has an adverse impact on the devs who are active at f95 at least. Several of them have mentioned how it's killed their mood/motivation etc. Which is one of the reasons most devs disappear from f95 eventually, and means people at f95 who like AVNs have less contact with devs, and mostly only gain insights second hand from subscribers.
This is my biggest issue with this whole topic. People seem to complain about how slow their favorite game gets updates regardless of how fast they seem to be released, with few exceptions.

I mean, seriously, I just read a post on another game, which was updated just a few weeks ago complaining about how fast the dev puts them out. The previous update, I believe was only 2 months ago.

Frankly, I'd be happy if the mods would shut these discussions down and start issuing warnings and/or bans for these. If you don't like how fast it's being released, just stop following the thread. It's really very simple.

Just my 2 copper (probably not even worth that much) :whistle:

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
Pirates are now concerned about what people are spending their money on, times have truly changed.

Dr Huge Vee

Nov 18, 2021
Well I don't mind a *little* late update but please be a bigger one ( like 3000 or 4000 renders like being a dik because that is worth the wait )

4.30 star(s) 182 Votes