botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I have ... mixed feelings about this update. In order not to fall under the crossfire of angry fanboys, I will say only one thing. This update can be double squeezed without any damage.
Oh absolutely. This felt like a filler episode.
I've been very supportive of this game since the start, but I was genuinely bored with this update.
I've three saves, one concentrating on Ashley, one on Samantha and a corrupted Emily and one straight Emily romance, I am miffed that basically all will be for nought but one, as long as the Emily romance stays the single possible ending.
No matter how cute she (Emily) is, Samantha is actually way closer to the type of woman I'm interested in nowadays and I'd prefer to at least have the option to pursue her.
And to say it again, I found this update really underwhelming, not due to there being not enough content, but that the content had very little substance, it felt like I had to drag myself through scene after scene I had no interest in.

Last edited:

msleomac

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2019
Update of Qleaf Walkthrough by myself, I will be updating this going forward!

Edit: Updated to Episode 6 Sub Edit: Added the choice where I forced a path on #2 "Give her a little Spank." [emCP+2]. I originally left it out because you can only get one or the other, but I thought why not give you the option for both as it was pointed out to me. Probably doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I added it anyway.
Thanks. One of the paths I'm playing is corruption and I was surprised when I missed the point. Hope in future updates you mention all the different points available. Thanks for working on the WT.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
and now im sure that the side girls will end up with other characters in the end, because this MC will give up on them for the sake os his friends.
Well I don't see that. There are just to many tropes already present...

Emily = Tsundere
Ashley = Ojou
Samantha = Mysterious Waif
Kunieda = Shrinking Violet

Plus too many, for me to list, subtropes associated with the already mentioned "main tropes".

Reactions: EZ8lt
Dec 30, 2018
This episode was really underwhelming. Nothing going on, really, and I don't even mean in a sexual way, but that was so boring. Dev, you don't have to describe EVERY SINGLE thing they do. Just put on a screen with information that they did something, don't describe every single thing they did to achieve that, we don't care that they walked through the hallway, entered elevator, got down to the parking lot, entered the car, drove to the diner bla bla bla. I play a lot of games and CTRL through most of them with actually reading like 10 best and that's one of them, but I was really tempted to skip it all reading all this nonsense.

noms8000

Jan 23, 2019
I love this game, however, this episode compared to others was a bit underwhelming indeed like the last guy said.

This episode was really underwhelming. Nothing going on, really, and I don't even mean in a sexual way, but that was so boring. Dev, you don't have to describe EVERY SINGLE thing they do. Just put on a screen with information that they did something, don't describe every single thing they did to achieve that, we don't care that they walked through the hallway, entered elevator, got down to the parking lot, entered the car, drove to the diner bla bla bla. I play a lot of games and CTRL through most of them with actually reading like 10 best and that's one of them, but I was really tempted to skip it all reading all this nonsense.

I mainly had an issue with how much more pretentious, childish, and annoying the main character has become. Like for real it takes my care about the story away every time almost the MC speaks.
I'm completely fine with the owner of this game making characters in his own way, but I'm just saying... No one clings on to a character that you are forced play being "pretentious, childish and annoying". If anything you get to tell a less rich story.

Anyway, that is my opinion. Please do not be discouraged by this or feel as this is a mean jab I really like this game and it shows you have worked hard on this just keep this in mind going forward.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
No facepalms from me, because everyone is entitled to their opinion. I always read through all the dialog of the VNs I play, otherwize what is the point. No-story screen sex is just a click away. If I find myself uninterested in the story, I just stop playing and move on to something better. I am fine with all the dialog and drawn out scenes. I guess everyone has their preference, but I liked all the detail. Yes, they were getting into the elevator and walking through the parking lot, but there was some snappy dialog at the same time, at least to me.

I am not trying to say it is perfect, but I liked the update. It was actually longer than I expected with all the dialog. I would have wished we could have squeezed some more Samantha into the story, because I find her way more appealing than Ashley, but you have to try to appeal to everyone and I know some people like the semi-bitter, tattooed look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
It's funny if you look at the changelog the episode has more renders than the previous ones, but that just goes to show that the length of the episode itself isn't as important as the content of it.

Was this technically longer than previous episodes? Yes
Did it if feel more uneventful than previous episodes? Yes.

This is devs first game, he has still much to learn and improve, but i think planning your episodes ahead is a really smart and even essential thing to do, no episode should feel like filler the more i spend time thinking about it, the more i realize this episode was just that. Sex scenes are not essential in every episode, especially in slower games like this, but there was nothing else that really grabbed me in this episode and as i mentioned before seeing as i am avoiding Em and focusing more on other girls i didn't even get to see the intimate moments MC had with her.

Reactions: botc76 and Abhai

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
Finished ep 6 yesterday and I really liked it. It was refreshing to actually find an MC whose hormones are in very high gear but doesn't have the social skills or mental capacity to actually manipulate the females to succumb to his desires. I honestly haven't or can't remember another game here that has that. I found it funny at times and I love the renders and story. I chose the Emily route for this play through so I wasn't disappointed. For the most part I much prefer a good story and this is a good story. I would also like to see multiple LIs and might do another play through just to see what happens. The interaction between Emily and Shiho was great. Looking forward for more of that. I am surprised to hear this is the dev's first game with the quality of the renders and story. Great az keep it up. You could tone the dialog down some though.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
but there was nothing else that really grabbed me in this episode and as i mentioned before seeing as i am avoiding Em and focusing more on other girls
Well, if you are avoiding the main character (Emily according to the dev), you probably won't find much to like in general, sorry to say. But who knows, maybe the dev will add more non-Emily content for the fans. For Emily fans, our first real kiss was pretty eventful.

I would love a few (or five) episodes focusing on Dr. Kunieda personally. Like I said before, Emily is great fun, but her personality is not exactly unique among VNs here. She's practically a stock character, though her dialog is quite good compared to most games. Dr. Kunieda, on the other hand is quite the character. She has her own career completely different from the MC, she's not a relative (like in most VNs with older women), and she's not a knock-out, though she's quite cute to me.

really doc? don't sound very professional
screenshot0001.png
Ha. I love this line! RrreoowwWW!

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I don't get people complaining.

While being a little short (well, especially since you miss around 1/4 of the content when you haven't flirted with Kunieda and received Ashley help), but it was a consistent update who tell a lot about the evolution of the characters.

Ashley's shell slowly cracking ; the ice queen seem to suffer from the global warming. She's still a rebel, who don't hesitate a second to lift Emily skirt, but she's clearly softening. Old Ashley wouldn't have put her hand on MC's shoulder in the train station.
Plus, while she's effectively helping the MC to get into Emily's pants, she's clearly more doing it for her, than for him. I'm pretty sure that Emily wouldn't have fought back against Kunieda without Ashley's advice. Those two cat fights, what marvelous scenes... Kunieda and Emily trying to assert their dominance over the MC, throwing insult after insult. All this with a deep cleverness that let the MC totally blind to what effectively happen in front of his eyes.

And on top of that, all the works on the characters and their expressions... Once again it's a great update, despite its, relative, small length.

[...] as i mentioned before seeing as i am avoiding Em and focusing more on other girls i didn't even get to see the intimate moments MC had with her.
Why are you playing this game then ? Emily is the main girl in this story. She's the only one that can be romanced, all the other being here only for the players who want to fool around and/or have early sex scenes.

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I liked the doc and the outing with her and Emily. But in the end it felt entirely like you where there, like, watching 2 girls argue over shoes or some stupid shit....just not interesting to your average male!
I think this episode was ok, this one just needed to be here as the halfway point of Emily and MC getting together. I'm just in it to bang Sam though. Emily is meh, there, I said it!

Reactions: botc76

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Why are you playing this game then ? Emily is the main girl in this story. She's the only one that can be romanced, all the other being here only for the players who want to fool around and/or have early sex scenes.
That's an incredibly stupid question. Am i not allowed to play this game for other girls? Are you the gatekeeper of it or something? The fact that she is the only one you can end up with doesn't mean you can't still romance other girls, clearly the dev cares enough about other girls to give them their own development and scenes and ANYONE is allowed to play this game REGARDLESS of their reason and they don't have to explain themselves to anyone, certainly not you.

Last edited:

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Wow, that deteriorated quickly.
True, should have probably not have been that blunt, but i honestly was confused when he asked me why i am playing the game if i am not romancing Emily. People can play this game even if they only care about Samantha or that doctor or whatever, nobody should have to like the main girls of any game.

4.30 star(s) 178 Votes