SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
i love the game but i have to ask, why does Elise's eyes look like she is blind or that she is turning into a zombie, every other girl in the game has normal eyes except Elise, why is that??? :(o_O:D

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
i love the game but i have to ask, why does Elise's eyes look like she is blind or that she is turning into a zombie, every other girl in the game has normal eyes except Elise, why is that??? :(o_O:D
I thought she had been smoking something either that or she sees into your soul with those eyes :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: SpikeZg

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
At one time you observe a junkie at Lowtown Central. In my game, the poor fellow won't go away. He is still hovering there in every scene afterwards. I can click on him and get the same explanation sequence every time. This keeps occurring after save and restart. A bit annoying. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?

The scene shown is a random scene. It occurs in every scene after the incident so far.

Last edited:

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
Good to know it didn't escalate to dangerous levels, the palette drop. Pomegranates will help you get back vitality. Take care, and thanks for the upload. Really love this game!
Dengue is common in Latin America as well. Hemorragic dengue is a killer and there is no effective vaccine for it (one is in trials).

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
View attachment 347824
At one time you observe a junkie at Lowtown Central. In my game, the poor fellow won't go away. He is still hovering there in every scene afterwards. I can click on him and get the same explanation sequence every time. This keeps occurring after save and restart. A bit annoying. Anyone with the same problem, anyone with a solution?

The scene shown is a random scene. It occurs in every scene after the incident so far.
Yeah same for me it gives me an error when I click on it must be a bug or something the dev hasn't fully implemented

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I think I mentioned her look back in the alpha ... still not good. Her eyes are really annoying. :(
And the english needs some proofreading imho. Oh and the dev has a strange obsession with transitions ;P

Then ... maybe dont spam the game full of minigames (most ppl will disable them anyway^^) and edit some of the images. When the text say that ppl come out of the steakhouse and on the building you can read "cafe" thats meh.

What I dont get is the mosaic effect over the MC's eyes ... is that story related or just for some other reason I dont understand?

Sometimes the game has a hick up. You get some part of the tutorial again in that alley .. or is that intended? It looks a bit like that, but it is confusing.

And can I drop Elise for Alex(a) and/or Nat?^^

All in all this is a fine start. The whole hooded guy story isnt that great for me, I just want more of the girls and stuff, but its ok I guess. :) But with the next version I will switch the QTE off. I mean they are quite good implemented, but I just dont like that stuff.

JJI

Jun 18, 2017
I'm so confused about the past updates, there was "alpha" then "demo unglued" and now it's "demo". What is new in the game from like 2 updates back?
I had the same question. Not sure what, "unglued" or "glued" means.

madvalentine

Jul 25, 2017
game is awsome just wondring if we can see something "MORE" of those moms :) anyways all girls are just amazing keep it up

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
Happenstance [update 1.05] Kompressed

lossy compression was used, so the image quality is slightly worse than the original

PC (177MB): - - - -
MAC (161 MB): - - - -

nobrumski

Donor
May 27, 2019
Error when clicking on Extras on the code. I also can't actually rollback on the bus like the game tells me to. K and scrollwheel do nothing all the sudden. Game isn't locked since I can save.

I tried loading the autosave before the rollback error, but then I got stuck in a loop at Hmm...something is wrong. The text just goes Hmm... to Hmm...something is wrong and back to Hmm... with no way out.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 224, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 226, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 113, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 117, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 119, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 122, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 124, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 125, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 131, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 132, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 227, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 236, in execute
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 377, in make_button
    action = self.Action(name)
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 334, in Action
    if b.check_unlock():
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 115, in check_unlock
    if i.check_unlock(False):
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 73, in check_unlock
    if not i.check(all_prior):
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 35, in check
    return eval(self.condition)
KeyError: u'img1'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 534, in visit_all
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 424, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3074, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 434, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 619, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 117, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 119, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 122, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 124, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 125, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 131, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 132, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 227, in execute
  File "game/gallery.rpy", line 236, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 236, in <module>
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 377, in make_button
    action = self.Action(name)
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 334, in Action
    if b.check_unlock():
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 115, in check_unlock
    if i.check_unlock(False):
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 73, in check_unlock
    if not i.check(all_prior):
  File "renpy/common/00gallery.rpy", line 35, in check
    return eval(self.condition)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1961, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "I:\Games\Happenstance\Happenstance Update 1.05-pc\Happenstance-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1954, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
KeyError: u'img1'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Happenstance
Fri Aug 16 17:24:55 2019

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
i enjoyed it but we need more groping scene, the sleeping sister, during the movie with elly or alex felt like missed opportunity.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
still after playing this game numerous times have zero idea about that circle that flashes red...i'm too old for your new fangled yoot shenanigans
meh..dosnt matter..game continuously freezes..so not worth trying to figure it out anyways...

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Trasher2018

Maybe the mosaic is because some people don't like seeing the MC's faces and if they are like me I paint blot most of the male characters heads out of the pictures because of one reason or another.

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes