Korentin

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
So I'm not getting any images inside the diner with Elly starting from my old save, anyone else have the same problem? Used the patch.

Edit: Images show in MCs apartment afterward.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Happenstance [Update 1.15] [Undertow Games] (1.18 gb rar pc source)
197 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) and Cruncher v0.3.1(BAS@f95zone)

X0R

Stay a Mystery, it’s Better.
Aug 5, 2016
Happenstance [Update 1.15] [Undertow Games] (1.18 gb rar pc source)
197 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) and Cruncher v0.3.1(BAS@f95zone)
In this version, include the patch or not.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Great update.
The game world and the story are really coming into their own by now and minigames no longer break the flow of the gameplay.
I absolutely loved the scene were you lick and fingerbang Ely into blissful incoherence via consecutive orgasms.

Nice ahegao- :)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Guys, the mini old guy clickable bug is fixed by the last update, BUT you have to go back to an earlier save before that bug appeared. If you continue the save from right before the update, it won't go away.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
This is a really top-notch game, the story and characters and mechanics are great. There was some real pathos in that last scene with Nat. Only 15 pages after 9 months though, it seems like it's not getting nearly the attention it deserves, at least not here.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Really enjoying the game so far. Interesting concept, relatable characters, good renders. I'm not a fan of the quicktime events in general, so I really appreciate being given the option to skip them. Perhaps would be better if they didn't require typing letters since I'm not the best touch typist.

If I can give two critical (IMO) recommendations though:

1. Check your character materials to improve the eyes of characters like Elise and some others. They look constantly bloodshot since they are darker than the rest. Makes you constantly wonder if there's something wrong with the character, when it's clearly just a rendering issue.
2. Please stop using every transition effect available for no particular reason. As someone who done a lot of video editing in his lifetime I can tell you that transitions are incredibly disruptive to the visual flow of the scene and only distract the viewer/player, so you should only be using them when they help tell the story. As a general rule there is hardly ever a reason to utilize anything beyond cuts (basically no transition) or fades. Use straight cuts when going between two shots with little-to-no time between those shots, and fades to indicate a passage of time. You can also use fades to black to also indicate some passage of time in addition to a mood change. Any other transition type should answer "what is this transition saying about the events of the story here?". If you don't have a good reason to use them, just stick with the basics.

woj_tec

Oct 10, 2017
Guys, the mini old guy clickable bug is fixed by the last update, BUT you have to go back to an earlier save before that bug appeared. If you continue the save from right before the update, it won't go away.
Where is that point?

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Fuck me, barely ten minutes in and it's already getting rather complicated for a VN.
I was prepared for click click choice, click click meaningless choice, click click, even more meaningless choice and so on, but it's full on hints and clicks and QTEs and stuff :unsure:
I like it though, it seperates the game from the rest and if it's done well it can improve the quality by a lot. Plus Elise is cute (y)

Reactions: frogbert

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Plus Elise is cute (y)
She is, but it seems like all the other girls are better looking. I feel like there's going to be some kind of connection revealed between them though; maybe she's also a power user, or maybe she augments him somehow. It's strange that there's still been no reveal at all about her home life. She even gets mad at him for not telling her about his sister, but there isn't even any internal dialog about that huge discrepancy. Maybe it's such a big secret because she grew up in some mad science lab a la Stranger Things. Who knows.
They're the only two who have weird things about their eyes. She has greyed out sclerae and he has some kind of raccoon eyes thing going on, not to mention his eyeballs (but not the rest of his face) are never shown, even to the point of tile-censoring them sometimes. I also noticed that he only gets the headaches when he's away from her, except for the one time which he describes as coming from an external source... while she's standing over him, upset that he's hiding his thoughts from her.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I don't know about Ellie but I do suspect purple-haired chick is part of something like that.

Umariel

Jan 21, 2019
Stuck in infinite loop (errors on clicking
on girls at alley chit-chat after a dessert:

While running game code:
File "game/clickevents.rpy", line 782, in <module>
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable
File "clickevents.rpyc", line 782, in script
File "D:\Games\Happenstance\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\Games\Happenstance\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/clickevents.rpy", line 782, in <module>
TypeError: 'int' object is not callable

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes