markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
Played this for the 1st time and its pretty decent...story is intriguing. I really like that cute foul mouthed little hottie alice...such a loveable character for me...elise aswell. looking forward to more.

Jul 18, 2017
I mean it's v1.15, so it's the newest version and should technically include the patch or what does the patch do?
The version number of the patch is 1.15a, so i guess you still need the patch file. ( which is even bigger than the hole complete compressed game :rolleyes: )

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
How many updates of this game came out since Jan? I generally only start playing games after about 6 months of existance and if there have been roughly a month per update.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Probably not many, maybe even one since there is only one thing when you open the changelog.

Dajose

May 8, 2017
the fuck is this. i tried this game 3 times now 105 and 115 twice- always bugs out at the introduction of the ROLLBACK letter K for me cant progress cant rollback... any solution?... please rollback with the letter K.... nothing works

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
the fuck is this. i tried this game 3 times now 105 and 115 twice- always bugs out at the introduction of the ROLLBACK letter K for me cant progress cant rollback... any solution?... please rollback with the letter K.... nothing works
I rolled back as I do in every other RenPy game via PageUp (I mapped PageUp and PageDown to my mouse for general convenience) and that's working without any issues...

Dajose

May 8, 2017
I rolled back as I do in every other RenPy game via PageUp (I mapped PageUp and PageDown to my mouse for general convenience) and that's working without any issues...
it doesnt for me in this game. but every other game. no mouse wheel nor page up/down
do you maybe have a save right after that ? i have no clue why it doesnt work for me in this game

icesun

Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
it doesnt for me in this game. but every other game. no mouse wheel nor page up/down
do you maybe have a save right after that ? i have no clue why it doesnt work for me in this game
I don't - but ctrl-skipping there shouldn't take me too long - what name do you want me to use for MC?

Dajose

May 8, 2017
I don't - but ctrl-skipping there shouldn't take me too long - what name do you want me to use for MC?
thanks i hope this bug is gone afterwards for me /fingers crossed/ ehh no particular call it Dj or something. just glad i can hopefully get this off my not playable list :D

ive seen your favourite list. good going buddy. even if some mainstream these are good diamonds.

Reactions: icesun

icesun

Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
thanks i hope this bug is gone afterwards for me /fingers crossed/ ehh no particular call it Dj or something. just glad i can hopefully get this off my not playable list :D

ive seen your favourite list. good going buddy. even if some mainstream these are good diamonds.
Here you go, I called MC Dee Jay for you:

PS: Luckily that rollback feature was never used again after that (if I recall correctly)...

Dajose

May 8, 2017
Here you go, I called MC Dee Jay for you:

PS: Luckily that rollback feature was never used again after that (if I recall correctly)...
Wonderful. even if i ROLL BACK to my point of bugging out it works. i have no clue why that it i guess something in the #appdata broke for me. i bet some hidden cache files are there. i instantly get the option now to play and find the object. Thanks a bunch

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So I finally realized I was an update behind and played through 1.15. Nice, taekopan! I especially like how the outfits for Alexa and Natalie are different, depending on whether you've been flirting / intimate with them or not. It's little details like these that drastically raise the quality of games. Well done.

Reactions: aQrata

taekopan

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
First off, thank you so much for the typos and this. I really appreciate it. I didn't even think that there was a plethora of grammar errors.

First 3 points will be addressed as the game goes on.

4th point, yeah 7 is a bit much........

5th point, most of Alice communicating with them happened off-camera. While I do agree she was used less from the MC's perspective, but the main point of the mall scene was the girls bonding together. The dressing room scene was just a treat for MC keeping up with them.

Nat is indeed a weak character, she's being pulled in all directions. And whether MC wants to keep pushing her around or "freeing" her is the subject of her character growth.

Elise isn't really keeping secrets, the 1st bus scene was her just being playful. With regards to her family/home, she talked about why during the 2nd bus scene. It's not like she doesn't want to talk about it, it's simply hard for her to. It's akin to a trauma victim flat out talking about the ordeal. Give it time.

Yeah, MC's power does seem a bit weak. As a matter of fact, among all the power users his seem like the weakest. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

Most of the male models are stock. Females are kinda stock, alterations to here and there to suit what I want out of it. I mean, is there really any reason not to use the characters bought from the store as is? The products look fabulous. Making changes just so they would look different from stock just doesn't appeal to me.

Yes, animations could use a hella lot of improvement. First animation I did in my life is literally the first animation in the game. I'm trying to improve.

MC eyes being like that will be addressed as the game goes on. Elise has blue grey irises, it's from OOT's LookAtMeEyes product. I initially thought that such color doesn't exist, google proved me wrong. She indeed had some weird looking eyes back at the early parts of the game. But I think I fixed it and hopefully won't be a problem moving forward.

MC will keep repeating the his monologue stuff every time he can when he is in that alley. It's his habit, and he won't be breaking it any time soon. That may seem annoying and obnoxious eventually, I'm sorry but MC will keep doing it.

Yeah, mechanics should be used more often. I'm just trying to find the right scenes for it. I don't want to saturate but yes they are indeed lacking.

Maybe I am speaking for myself but I don't think we need to see MC reprocessing school things. MC mentioned it way back that he reprocesses every night to keep stuff fresh in memory. It is kinda implied that school things are reprocessed along. There will be a scene in the future when he studies and reprocesses but beyond that, I personally don't see a point in showing it in game as school isn't the current focus of the story atm.

Most extra images are unlocked from clickables. And some clickables are only accessible through certain choices. An example of this is not telling Alice about dark figure during the first in-game visit to her room. The morning after the debris gets dropped on MC will have a different scene and there is a clickable there.

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
First off, thank you so much for the typos and this. I really appreciate it. I didn't even think that there was a plethora of grammar errors.

First 3 points will be addressed as the game goes on.

4th point, yeah 7 is a bit much........

5th point, most of Alice communicating with them happened off-camera. While I do agree she was used less from the MC's perspective, but the main point of the mall scene was the girls bonding together. The dressing room scene was just a treat for MC keeping up with them.

Nat is indeed a weak character, she's being pulled in all directions. And whether MC wants to keep pushing her around or "freeing" her is the subject of her character growth.

Elise isn't really keeping secrets, the 1st bus scene was her just being playful. With regards to her family/home, she talked about why during the 2nd bus scene. It's not like she doesn't want to talk about it, it's simply hard for her to. It's akin to a trauma victim flat out talking about the ordeal. Give it time.

Yeah, MC's power does seem a bit weak. As a matter of fact, among all the power users his seem like the weakest. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

Most of the male models are stock. Females are kinda stock, alterations to here and there to suit what I want out of it. I mean, is there really any reason not to use the characters bought from the store as is? The products look fabulous. Making changes just so they would look different from stock just doesn't appeal to me.

Yes, animations could use a hella lot of improvement. First animation I did in my life is literally the first animation in the game. I'm trying to improve.

MC eyes being like that will be addressed as the game goes on. Elise has blue grey irises, it's from OOT's LookAtMeEyes product. I initially thought that such color doesn't exist, google proved me wrong. She indeed had some weird looking eyes back at the early parts of the game. But I think I fixed it and hopefully won't be a problem moving forward.

MC will keep repeating the his monologue stuff every time he can when he is in that alley. It's his habit, and he won't be breaking it any time soon. That may seem annoying and obnoxious eventually, I'm sorry but MC will keep doing it.

Yeah, mechanics should be used more often. I'm just trying to find the right scenes for it. I don't want to saturate but yes they are indeed lacking.

Maybe I am speaking for myself but I don't think we need to see MC reprocessing school things. MC mentioned it way back that he reprocesses every night to keep stuff fresh in memory. It is kinda implied that school things are reprocessed along. There will be a scene in the future when he studies and reprocesses but beyond that, I personally don't see a point in showing it in game as school isn't the current focus of the story atm.

Most extra images are unlocked from clickables. And some clickables are only accessible through certain choices. An example of this is not telling Alice about dark figure during the first in-game visit to her room. The morning after the debris gets dropped on MC will have a different scene and there is a clickable there.
Sweeeeet :D one of my favourites got an Update. Thanks!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FYI, taekopan, on a fully-faithful-to-Ellie route, at the end of the store scene (when the MC says he needs to leave), there is this dialog:
The very next image after this has an error (see my attached traceback file).

Last edited:

Cipherdragon

Aug 3, 2019
FYI, taekopan, on a fully-faithful-to-Ellie route, at the end of the store scene (when the MC says he needs to leave), there is this dialog:
The very next image after this has an error (see my attached traceback file).
Same here. I can support that claim.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Happenstance [Update 1.20] [Undertow Games] - Original Size: 1.3 GB

Download Win (239 MB): - - -

4.10 star(s) 42 Votes