2.20 star(s) 136 Votes

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
Sorry if I am out of line, I am pointing out my observations of watching this game from long ago, it happens to be one of the few games that even peaked my interest in joining this site and seems like some are just oblivious to the fact.
You are not out of line, however, I think you might be misunderstanding, as I had until recently, the overall commitment the dev has to patrons on patreon as opposed to say customers for a product on Steam (for example). He can't be held "accountable" to a schedule or delivery time, quality of work, content size etc. to those who are simply "contributing" to the creative work he's doing by anyone but those providing that support. You are supporting his craft, not purchasing his product, or gaining his commitment to anything including a delivery schedule.

I too, have considered it your way, but realize that that's the reality of it. Unfortunately, it is a reality that is kind of "souring" the platform for me, a mere consumer, with what seems to be a "yesteryear" perspective on story telling. Biggest reason I starting enjoying these games in the first place, a new millennium approach to one of my favorite passtimes, following a good story.

The patreon effect has seemed to foster a culture of "not finishing anything". What a lot of people complaining about "milking" or intentionally delaying a release until the patreon month rollover, etc., ultimately delaying the ending to a story that should have ended twenty updates ago, just to keep the patreon ball rolling, until they end up getting bored or "burned out" or whatever BS reason they use and dump the project altogether, leaving you hang without an ending. It is clear that some do that, and it sets a bad light for the many who do not. But again, for patrons, there is no 'recourse' available to them because like it or not the developer hasn't done anything wrong. If the patron doesn't like and or approve of a developer's progress it is their prerogative to withdraw further support and move on.

I said that it is "souring" the whole platform for me because though the "unfinished story" aspect doesn't seem to bother a lot of folks, it's bothersome for me. I mean, how many best sellers have you read after tearing out the last three pages and throwing them away before starting the book? How happy would you be to buy an author's work and find out they didn't write the last half of the last chapter? JMPOV.

Last edited:

RLStein

Apr 14, 2021
You are not out of line, however, I think you might be misunderstanding, as I had until recently, the overall commitment the dev has to patrons on patreon as opposed to say customers for a product on Steam (for example). He can't be held "accountable" to a schedule or delivery time, quality of work, content size etc. to those who are simply "contributing" to the creative work he's doing by anyone but those providing that support. You are supporting his craft, not purchasing his product, or gaining his commitment to anything including a delivery schedule.
Now, that is a much more insightful reply - thank you and I will think about that and take that into consideration - although, I still find it hard to grasp. Thanks!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I do work 12 hour shifts 5 days a week (tonight is one of my 2 nights off / graveyard shift), have 2 children, mortgage, 2 car payments, and still get a lot more done than you might realize including - visiting sites like this and sharing files (not just here, other well known pirate sites) - I think you missed my point entirely. I do all of those things (except I graduated school, years ago) however, I do not earn an extra $1000 + a month for a game I barely make an attempt to add content to. (nor do I gain extra income from other sources) I work, like many other families do - and make bare minimum - not like I am some doctor living it up. So, thanks for the input :)
So how much time left do you have to make a game? It's not about how much you make extra, but the total right? What is the break even point for your family you need a month to cover all your needs? I'm quite sure majority of all these creators have the same needs you and your family have they need to cover before they can work on your spank bank. And no matter how much additional income they get from their game they can't buy more hours a day.

I'm not saying you should make a game though. More like, how much time would you have left to make one, build a house, write a book, whatever activities you normaly wouldn't do. day to day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BVonkX

RYOUSC

Jan 11, 2021
I progress Rosie's relationship lv to 4 and Lucy's lv to 3, the cleaning event at the cafe already happened but MC didn't get sick in the next day. What did I miss?

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
is there a way to turn the maintenance activities back on but keep the rest of the mod?
Sure, find this section in the interface.rpy file:
Code:
    def next_daytime(time=1,sleep=False,force=None):
        global daytime, freshness, toilet, food, leisure, day_of_week, money, tv_today, tlc, d11, d21, d31, d12, d22, d32, lts, rts, temp_arr
        lts = 0
        rts = 0
        renpy.show_screen("rm")
Insert the following text underneath it, all I do is remove it:
Code:
        if gmode == 0:
            if force != "freshness":
                freshness -= 100/33 * time
                if freshness < 0:
                    freshness = 0
            if force != "leisure":
                leisure -= 100/33 * time
                if leisure < 0:
                    leisure = 0
            if force != "toilet":
                toilet -= 100/24 * time
                if toilet < 0:
                    toilet = 0
            if force != "food":
                food -= 100/24 * time
                if food < 0:
                    food = 0
        else:
            freshness = 90
            leisure = 90
            toilet = 90
            food = 90
            money = 1000000
I should probably consider just enabling gmode in my mod instead of removing the maintenance script entirely, I just do that as gmode didn't exist when I started making my mod. Honestly, he probably only added gmode/multiple save pages because of my mod. But I think the main reason I didn't is because gmode adds infinite money and I left the money grind in as it's not really onerous.
There is a problem with Mika, it's imposible to give here 2500
None of the changes I've made should affect any story/progression elements whatsoever. I manually review changes each release with WinMerge, comparing each version side by side as I incorporate my mod changes. Either some other bug has been introduced by the dev (IDK haven't played this release), you're not using the correct version of the game (should be 4.2), or you haven't met the conditions for this scene. I do think I remember some issue with the trigger for this scene, not sure exactly what it was, but you can open the console and type this: persons[find_person("Mika")].checkpoints[12]. If it returns a 1, you should be able to trigger it.

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
I thought that there would not be a more beautiful girl than Rosie and Mika came to the competition, Mika left and I said again Rosie is the.... And May's beautiful appears, god, poor MC, he suffers too much lol

evetaku

Dec 21, 2021
im starting this game and looking in the Walkthrough Level 2, Go in the office and use the PC to find the book. Where's the book ? i cant find it, i just get a browsur in front of office. can somebody give me a clue

Sagah

Donor
Jun 9, 2017

• Added 3 events for May.
  • Bug fixes.
Before I continue to work with other characters I need to progress May line, I hope you understand because her story line has a lot less progress than other characters.

Reactions: BVonkX

BVonkX

May 6, 2017
im starting this game and looking in the Walkthrough Level 2, Go in the office and use the PC to find the book. Where's the book ? i cant find it, i just get a browsur in front of office. can somebody give me a clue
Maybe you need to do more with lucy before you can move on with rosie.

rahkshi01

Dec 31, 2018
So I know that progress has been slow on this but has the dev given any indication on what the end goals will be, like if this will be single route or possibly have a harem route?

BVonkX

May 6, 2017
So I know that progress has been slow on this but has the dev given any indication on what the end goals will be, like if this will be single route or possibly have a harem route?
Nothing has been announced as far as I know. But girls almost all know each other and stories often come together so expect something as a harem to come.

2.20 star(s) 136 Votes