4.60 star(s) 38 Votes

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
>using godot after they went
Unfortunately there aren't much options for 3d games that aren't complete overkill bloatware (Unreal) or untrustworthy (Unity) or require a ludicrous amount of knowledge to get anything done (Raylib, Bevy, Bitz3d, 2DreamEngine for LOVE). Even if Floppy disk waits for Redot to cease the rebranding updates and start dropping actual features that we've been waiting for Godot to merge for years (SDL input instead of the dogwater in house solution, a physics engine that isn't a buggy mess, a more streamlined workflow of importing 3d meshes, etc), the lack of design phillophy underneath Godot's design will still plague Redot for ages possibly.

Besides all that the only ones dirrectly affected are the people wanting to contribute to the game engine, thus people working on games wil only start caring once those effects start trickling down.

Reactions: Costain and zmatrt

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
C is for schoolgirls, real men code in assembly
What sort of wimp uses assembly? Use binary like a real power coder!

(I never want to touch assembly ever again, having to take one class on it as a requirement for more advanced classes in college was enough. It's horrid and compilers are a blessing upon bedraggled coders, for all they are also a pain in the butt.)

D4n0w4r

May 21, 2020
What sort of wimp uses assembly? Use binary like a real power coder!

(I never want to touch assembly ever again, having to take one class on it as a requirement for more advanced classes in college was enough. It's horrid and compilers are a blessing upon bedraggled coders, for all they are also a pain in the butt.)
I learned how to dabble in FORTH when I started modding Death Road to Canada. This language is beyond cursed.

1729046379687.png

CaptainBipto

Sep 20, 2018
Go look at the HHP thread. This is the silence of contentment. Hardstuck is a genuinely promising game and is actually, y'know, getting updated at a pace beyond glacial.
I can't say that I am familiar with what HHP is, but your statement leads me to believe that it is akin to a thread that I haunt, Lillith's Throne.
A lot of ranting about the Dev or the game code, very little praise for either, plenty of people venting their spleen about the Dev's constant string of excuses and chronic missed 'delivery' dates of updates, and rarely ... someone asking honest questions about something in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I wonder if there is any kind of road map for this game.
It would be nice to know what kinds of things to look forward to, but I can also see it as a potential trap if something is listed and never shows up in the game.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Go look at the HHP thread. This is the silence of contentment. Hardstuck is a genuinely promising game and is actually, y'know, getting updated at a pace beyond glacial.
A.k.a, this thread is quiet. Too quiet...

BE CAREFUL, IT'S A TRAP!

Trust me, I've been on that thread. I'm glad I'm seeing the quiet but positive side of the coin for once. Better than bloating the thread (myself included) with things that'll probably end up on deaf ears.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Pardon my ignorance, but what is "HHP"?
Happy Heart Panic, a side-scrolling platformer/beat-em up that has had some polarizing development mixed with unwanted fetishes/content by the community. Kinda interesting why the thread has started to compare them (me included), but I'd recommend checking it out, play it once, then forget about it until 2, maybe 3 months for another substancial change in content

Reactions: fomi
Jul 26, 2020
Happy Heart Panic, a side-scrolling platformer/beat-em up that has had some polarizing development mixed with unwanted fetishes/content by the community. Kinda interesting why the thread has started to compare them (me included), but I'd recommend checking it out, play it once, then forget about it until 2, maybe 3 months for another substancial change in content
7 months*

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes