The 1★ Dude

Jun 26, 2018
View attachment 197702

Overview:
Hard Times in Hornstown. This is a text-based sandbox time management game focusing on sexual situations including several fetishes. The game puts you in the shoes of a boring everyman down on their luck. Your goal is to manage time and money efficiently and to build a life for yourself that you always wanted. The game has both straight and gay sexual content and several opportunities for the transformation of the player character both physically and mentally.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2021-12-01
Release Date: 2021-11-26
Developer: Unlikely - -
Censored: No
Version: 5.92
Language: English
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Additional Info:
DOWNLOAD
Win
: - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Linux(5.22): - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Others: - UNPACKED (5.8)

Extras: - Patron/developer modes - patreon/cheat modes

Thanks pk2000 for unpacked versions

View attachment 65703 View attachment 65704 View attachment 65705 View attachment 65706 View attachment 65707 View attachment 65708 View attachment 65709 View attachment 65710
Didnt found some better preview images or is this game just about some models without any real gameplay content? -.-

Reactions: anon280
Jul 30, 2017
Which version of the game is this? The patreon version, or the version that tells you to get it through Patreon?

I'm asking because I tried this game in the past, and got annoyed by how much it pimped the developer's patreon. I mean, I understand that people want to be compensated for their time, but there really IS a line, where a "free" version of a game turns from a more basic version, to nothing more than an interactive ad. That was several months ago, though, so I'm wondering if things improved.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Which version of the game is this? The patreon version, or the version that tells you to get it through Patreon?

I'm asking because I tried this game in the past, and got annoyed by how much it pimped the developer's patreon. I mean, I understand that people want to be compensated for their time, but there really IS a line, where a "free" version of a game turns from a more basic version, to nothing more than an interactive ad. That was several months ago, though, so I'm wondering if things improved.
What do you expect? It can only gets worse. Once you had a taste how easy money comes with predatory practices, you would never going back. :ROFLMAO:

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020

While I fully agree that there is a line, I have to disagree with the implication that this game comes anywhere remotely close to that line.

Banner ad. They're simple still images, not the annoying gifs that are constantly flickering.
So what.
Patreons get a few extra choices for their 'starting profile'. But they're only marginally helpful.
So what.
Free version has to wait an extra few weeks for access to the most recent new 'stories'.
So what.
Only Patrons can start as female. But the Male to Female transformation story can be started on day 1.
Say it with me one more time.... So what.

Jul 30, 2017
While I fully agree that there is a line, I have to disagree with the implication that this game comes anywhere remotely close to that line.

Banner ad. They're simple still images, not the annoying gifs that are constantly flickering.
So what.
Patreons get a few extra choices for their 'starting profile'. But they're only marginally helpful.
So what.
Free version has to wait an extra few weeks for access to the most recent new 'stories'.
So what.
Only Patrons can start as female. But the Male to Female transformation story can be started on day 1.
Say it with me one more time.... So what.

Since that was a lot of words that don't answer the question at all, I'll take three guesses.

A. The version here is the patreon version? Still dont know after you wrote all that.
B. The developer has quit making a ton of incomplete paths that just say to join their Patreon to get any sense of progress
C. The developer hasn't improved at all, all paths still lead to "join my patreon" and you're just attempting to shame people for inquiring if it's a more worthwhile game rather than admit that it isn't.

The level of snarkiness in your reply seems to imply that C is the correct answer.
But rather than assume....

I will say OnE mOrE tImE.... so what IS IT?

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
I will say OnE mOrE tImE.... so what IS IT?
100% agree with your other sentiments, paths ending with patreon paywalls are awful, just tell us right away and not blue ball like that... but like just click on the link and it says patron. I can download it and check, if you are on limited internet, but I doubt someone would rename just to spite us.

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
100% agree with your other sentiments, paths ending with patreon paywalls are awful, just tell us right away and not blue ball like that... but like just click on the link and it says patron. I can download it and check, if you are on limited internet, but I doubt someone would rename just to spite us.
Well, to be frank, there have been problems with the downloads through this site not containing an exe. file. As a supporter of the game, I download from the dev's site, so I just don't know.

• Angry
Reactions: hentaikeyfan

Carl0sDanger

May 22, 2020
Are there any news about the animated avatars? The developer already has surpassed that goal in patreon
It was attempted. They were hideous.

IMHO, animated avatars wouldn't add as much to the game as better head models, hairstyles, visible makeup and clothes. One of the things they did try with animated avatars was giving more variety with basic clothes. Instead of four differently coloured t-shirt/jeans outfits, for example, there were four totally different casual outfits.

Reactions: MaxVaron

DawnofPain

Aug 6, 2019
Hello, I am trying to get the 5.92 version with the version that is NOT unpacked. I was told to put items in the same directory (namely the data folder and the Hornstown app). However, the Patreon_Cheat file only contains a changelog.php file and nothing else. I still only have access to the public version what do I do? Untitled.png

Faytch

Jul 26, 2020
Hello, I am trying to get the 5.92 version with the version that is NOT unpacked. I was told to put items in the same directory (namely the data folder and the Hornstown app). However, the Patreon_Cheat file only contains a changelog.php file and nothing else. I still only have access to the public version what do I do? View attachment 1608807
i have the same problem

JoleenStar

Sep 29, 2017
How this game plays out since conception.

> Grind up a stat to unlock content / Talk to NPC to start content
> Wake up > See Scene > Sleep > Repeat
> Keep doing same scenes until something different happens
> Content ends abruptly or it was so short that you forgot to masturbate to it.

Instead of the 48593095 storylines, I wish the author would make one storyline DEEPER.

2.50 star(s) 28 Votes