exile69

Sep 30, 2019
I see your new walkthrough code dev.... question is: should I simply provide the unlock for everyone and just call it a day?

You're busted:
View attachment 3741002

Even all the script's dialogue coding is AI generated (the code, not the story text) as are almost all of the Python functions. What a wild rabbit hole this dev jumped into... a true "Alice in Wonderland", complete with an overdose of mushrooms. I can see VS's Copilot all through this mess.

She's likely using half of the monetary gain from supporters to pay for MS's subscriptions to the VS Copilot program tbh. I'll post examples later for those who don't understand.
To be completely honest, anything you decide to do at this point is fair game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I see your new walkthrough code dev.... question is: should I simply provide the unlock for everyone and just call it a day?

You're busted:
View attachment 3741002

Even all the script's dialogue coding is AI generated (the code, not the story text) as are almost all of the Python functions. What a wild rabbit hole this dev jumped into... a true "Alice in Wonderland", complete with an overdose of mushrooms. I can see VS's Copilot all through this mess.

She's likely using half of the monetary gain from supporters to pay for MS's subscriptions to the VS Copilot program tbh. I'll post examples later for those who don't understand.
Ripson - I forgot to mention you in the quoted post... an FYI in case you didn't notice during your update... any WT going forward is going to be likely mute unless it's descriptive notes for the Player (like my core's SanchoNotes for example)... the internally AI coded WT provides visual information for most Players via image icons (similar to how "Glowing Stones" now does it). Just know it's a thing if you didn't notice these breadcrumbs in the scripts as you pushed your update. I'm still on the fence about updating SanchoMod, I reckon the writing is already on the wall though tbh.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ripson

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
So, you folks thought it was just images being AI influenced... but it's actually the entirety of the "remake" code itself as well. There's signatures all throughout of where it's obvious the dev did NOT write the actual code but MS's AI did (she's not that proficient in Python anyway, I know this from working on the VN since inception).

An example using abnormal text story script from the MC's thoughts (this is just one line directly from Ep1 of the "remake"):
Python:
mc_t "[renpy.substitute(dialogues['E01S01_d003'])]"
# SanchoNote: notice the single quotes around E01S01_d003 versus the double quotes around the entire dialoague.
No coder does this thousands of times (using single vs double quotes) in their keyboard entry habits. They are replaceable with one another in Python (they do the same thing) so most coders either pick up the habit of using double quotes or single quotes (either is correct and fine). This combination is a fingerprint of Copilot which microooosoft coded for "readability" in the generated output.

Here's how a human coder writes text script using the same example from above:
Python:
mc_t "Years on this path, and yet, every morning feels like a new battle. But despite all the challenges I've faced, I'm still here."
And the actual text substitution for any iPatch that might be applicable is simply a one Python function that replaces specific text (words) within that dialogue string.

Note this for the next part which compares how a human dev would write their story versus AI generated dictionary text replacements in a more comprehensive discussion (coming in another post, I need time to write it up).

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
With all due respect this isn't a sandbox game nor does it have any fancy menus.

Who cares if the person uses AI code or not? It's literally just dialogue if statements and jumps.

However, having their patrons fund an AI rewrite of your code is pretty suspect and pretending that you are doing the recode yourself and drawing it is also suspect. If you are using AI to generate the code you should have the entirety of the code done in one update. Also using AI generated images is also awful. Like if you don't want to put the time in just abandon the project

Reactions: frozted

Myscho

Jun 30, 2018
AI generated images are not that bad, real problem is that dev dont check final quality, so faces are different in every image, many body defections, etc. which kinda ruins the immersion

Reactions: Mantioxi and Cedrog

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
Okay, bearing in mind I know 0 code... rather than just being an unlock (I tried setting walkthrough_enabled to true, as that's an existing variable, and didn't see any info popping up) isn't the walkthrough information contained in a separate wt.rpyc file that we'd need?

1718543885599.png

Off-topic but does it not remember the preferences for anyone else too? I have to keep setting them each time I reopen, might be because I'm running it in sandboxie, but other games don't have that problem.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
This shitty AI remake is just pure laziness. How can the dev honestly say they just didnt purely make AI images. This shit doesnt happen in daz, you dont just accidentally morph two people into each other.

1718543938530.png

What the fuck is going on in this picture. Where is her torso going. Why does she have two right legs. Are they fusing into one mega sex being?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Honestly I don't think the vast majority of people care if the dev uses A.I for the code. It's not something the average player would ever notice and if it can speed up the development process I don't think a lot of people would have issues with it. Now when it comes to the art that is a different story. You can clearly tell when A.I has been used.
I hated it when I first saw the new art style but after playing it through, I got used to it. I still think the original art was waaay better, but I don't hate the current one anymore.

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
I don't mind the art but damn does the MC make this game hard to love. Wish the MC would grow a pair and give his sister what she needs.

Reactions: Logan3000x

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I don't mind the art but damn does the MC make this game hard to love. Wish the MC would grow a pair and give his sister what she needs.
Most of current content is the mc remembering the past but the few scenes he has in the present with her, he doesn't feel as much of a pussy. At least compared to the original.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, bearing in mind I know 0 code... rather than just being an unlock (I tried setting walkthrough_enabled to true, as that's an existing variable, and didn't see any info popping up) isn't the walkthrough information contained in a separate wt.rpyc file that we'd need?
Well, I don't need anything, I'm a coder... I make things happen since I personally write all my own code. But for others, yes, it's not just a simple variable change required or else I'd have simply given it.

Off-topic but does it not remember the preferences for anyone else too? I have to keep setting them each time I reopen, might be because I'm running it in sandboxie, but other games don't have that problem.
It's due to your overlay. RenPy saves non-persistent variables in the save file per save so once you load them any non-persistent preferences are recalled and set accordingly. But remember, the code in this VN no longer works "like you are normally accustomed to" as I tried to explain in a previous post above... so your forced attempt at applying boxie is the issue. Just because some mod is advertised as "for use with any RenPy VN" doesn't make it 100%... there's no way to make a mod account for 100% of all the possibilities of Python code.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: longjohngold

donSilver

Enjoyer
Game Developer
Nov 30, 2018
Most of current content is the mc remembering the past but the few scenes he has in the present with her, he doesn't feel as much of a pussy. At least compared to the original.
I never played the OG, or at least to my knowledge. I get that character growth is important and all, and teen boys are insecure and awkward, I was one myself and cringe over the shit I did.

However after playing through the game I felt frustrated because of how wimpy the MC acted and really didn't enjoy much of the episodes. *shrug*

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I never played the OG, or at least to my knowledge. I get that character growth is important and all, and teen boys are insecure and awkward, I was one myself and cringe over the shit I did.

However after playing through the game I felt frustrated because of how wimpy the MC acted and really didn't enjoy much of the episodes. *shrug*
Yea.. then I think you would've really hated the original. In this version at least it feels like the dev is giving the player a few options for the mc to not be as much of a wimp.
Storywise I think this is actually an improvement but it gets overshadowed by the whole A.I art thing that people really hate.
The art in the original was the one thing that pretty much everyone agreed that it was good.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
But for others, yes, it's not just a simple variable change required or else I'd have simply given it.
Oh that's what I thought you were hinting at in the image you posted, that it's a real simple unlock and why I tried to have at it with URM, ah well I'll give up here then.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Oh that's what I thought you were hinting at in the image you posted, that it's a real simple unlock and why I tried to have at it with URM, ah well I'll give up here then.
She has the WT screen and dictionary defined in a separate file... likely with some style code as well. At each menu choice it calls a specific key for an external dictionary which would then (presumably) call for the correct images/text to be displayed depending on if the Player has chosen the "full" WT or base option (there appears to be two variants of the WT which I'm currently deciphering). So yep, there's some technicals going on behind the scenes for the "payed more money per month so you get a WT option" code.

Reactions: longjohngold
3.80 star(s) 120 Votes