JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Interesting. This was posted back in 29th January 2023 but no one seems to notice :p .

Hi!
So, the game's getting there, I'm like 95% done (rendering)!
I had to delay it a bit, but it's all good now. Originally, I was gonna release an update with around 300 images and no animations, but I ran into a problem with the 3D assets. They got lost/corrupted on the hard disk, and I had to start over.
But I figured, if I'm starting over, I might as well just do the whole chapter. That's why it took a bit longer, but now it's all set with 700+ images and 9 animations!
Plus, with the new Update, there will be a new client. You will have the old client for version 0.1 -0.4 and the new client will have 0.5 and so on. In the new client, you will have to choose your name again and also choose which decisions you made in the previous chapters (only key events, though). This is due to me messing around with some variables of the coding… I’m sorry :3

*YUKANA*

P/S: I just highlight the portion about new game client texts in yellow.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
This is a continuation of the old game (season 2 as it says). For those who don't play the previous season, this has no previous content from that season except letting you choose your choices from it. Shouldn't you include the previous season since they're different now?
They are already posted and done (beforehand). I will add them, but since they aren't being added to the OP, you still have to search compressed versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedRoajs1

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Confused as hell. Where is season 1? Did it end? WTF???
Remember the last screen of Ep4? It looked like this with a banner saying:
"This is the last safe point to save for this update..."
1684272439200.png

Forget about it. There's no export/import system in place. Nothing carries over. The dev team and I used to communicate all the time but this new update.... crickets. I can't help this issue without me rewriting new code inside "Season 1 Ep1-4" so folks could export into this apparent new Season (which makes no damn sense at all why there's a new season yet, imho).

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Who's idea was it to do this way? Why not make a multi-persistent so that folks could export/import. I don't understand the logic tbh... how can this be Season 2 if we haven't even finished writing and developing Season 1? I really wish y'all would have reached out to me like previous updates. I could have helped sort this out to make it easier on folks... but the cat's out of the bag now I reckon.
Yes, it would have made better sense. Developers should try and consider how a fully functional walk through mod, can aid as well as support their projects future success. It just becomes added value to the longevity of their project, and adds more choices for a user to enjoy their work.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
1. F95 staff should leak properly. I didn't put any links here; I just edited the "patch" link, nothing else.
2. The "season 2" name isn't gonna change how you play or whatever ... The name season 2 means two things to me: first, it's a year since I released my 0.01 version, and second, it's a complete new game as Sancho says.
3. The name or title of season 2 does not affect anything in how you play, if you are bothered by season 2 as a title, then erase it from your memory, there is no reason to fight for something as insignificant as that.
4. The code is different, and for me, it is better structured than the previous one, and the questions I ask at the beginning of the 0.05, is for the time being, until I release the final version of the game when I join the two parts. This structure allows me to do things better, the time I took was to organize and structure things well.

Well, anyway. That's all I have to say.
I hope the f95 staff will post the previous links, because those links were not posted by me either and I don't have them at hand.
already done

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
1. F95 staff should leak properly. I didn't put any links here; I just edited the "patch" link, nothing else.
If you did the patch, is the patch universal? If not, I have the old patch, so need some clarification there.

Edit I see the old patch is back now to.

MrTrue

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah, I fixed it. Sorry about the fuck up, guys. Had no idea the new version was standalone, cuz it wasn't reported as such.
Judging by everyones reactions you are not alone in getting kinda blindsided by this entire thing. You did nothing wrong and fixed it real quick too. (y)

Reactions: Yngling and Sarica

JB08

Aug 6, 2016
Soooo... Do I get the Season 2 download only because it continues directly from the end of the previous ep4 release? Or do I need to still get the previous one because there are scenes that bridge the gap from ep4 to ep5 season 2 that were not originally present?

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
Soooo... Do I get the Season 2 download only because it continues directly from the end of the previous ep4 release? Or do I need to still get the previous one because there are scenes that bridge the gap from ep4 to ep5 season 2 that were not originally present?
only season 2

Reactions: JB08

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
old saves will work ?

It's a few posts up...

Plus, with the new Update, there will be a new client. You will have the old client for version 0.1 -0.4 and the new client will have 0.5 and so on. In the new client, you will have to choose your name again and also choose which decisions you made in the previous chapters (only key events, though). This is due to me messing around with some variables of the coding… I’m sorry :3

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
1. F95 staff should upload properly. I didn't put any links here; I just edited the "patch" link, nothing else.
2. The "season 2" name isn't gonna change how you play or whatever ... The name season 2 means two things to me: first, it's a year since I released my 0.01 version, and second, it's a complete new game as Sancho says.
3. The name or title of season 2 does not affect anything in how you play, if you are bothered by season 2 as a title, then erase it from your memory, there is no reason to fight for something as insignificant as that.
4. The code is different, and for me, it is better structured than the previous one, and the questions I ask at the beginning of the 0.05, is for the time being, until I release the final version of the game when I join the two parts. This structure allows me to do things better, the time I took was to organize and structure things well.

Well, anyway. That's all I have to say.
I hope the f95 staff will post the previous links, because those links were not posted by me either and I don't have them at hand.
But there IS a season 1, I mean else why would we have to redo the important choices from season 1? Season 2 is a new ok, I ge tit, but it ties in with season1 or not? If so, when and how did season 1 end? It didn't have an explicit end as far as I remember.

Andeddo

May 6, 2018
But there IS a season 1, I mean else why would we have to redo the important choices from season 1? Season 2 is a new ok, I ge tit, but it ties in with season1 or not? If so, when and how did season 1 end? It didn't have an explicit end as far as I remember.
it didn't, because it was never intended to be split up into standalones
sure, calling it seasons was a 5D-insane logic-move on our part, as most people are used to TellTale style episodic-seasonal breakage, with certain culmination and continuation. But we still did. "Season 1" is a collective term for early chapters, that would need heavy rework. "Season 2" is a freshly coded, improved graphically, continuation from where it ended previously. It's more of a working titles for us, than for the player. I know it may look like not much of a sense, even if i try to break it down, but it is as dumb and deranged as i told you rn.

3.80 star(s) 120 Votes