4.50 star(s) 11 Votes

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Hardenville Episode 1 releases in June

After many months behind schedule for this release, I'm happy to announce a final launch month for the next release. It will have almost three times the content as the Prologue. Characters have been fine-tuned for more variants of body shapes, some with fewer freckles, some with improved freckles, and much more. I'm beyond excited to release it to you all.

What's the realistic timeline for Episode 2 and beyond?

With Episode 1 launching in June, it is realistic to say that Episodes 2 and 3 will release in 2024. But my goal is to deliver Episode 4 by late 2024 as well.

It is unacceptable that I've been so absent for almost a month, but the reason is because of focusing on some exams instead of spending too much time online. I still have a few exams left, but I'm working on Hardenville even in the middle of the exam period.

Hardenville Epiosde 1 June Promo.png

Metal Panic

Jun 5, 2023
with episode 1 releasing nearly 1 year after the prologue, it's hard to believe that episode 3 will release in 2024. :unsure:
If Episode 1 gets released in June, that leaves 6 months left for the year. Ain't no way Episodes 2-4 are being released this year. Unless they are super short and don't take 3-4+ months to make.

Just false hope again. I think I shouldn't have bought this game so quickly and waited for it to actually have Episodes to play.

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
If Episode 1 gets released in June, that leaves 6 months left for the year. Ain't no way Episodes 2-4 are being released this year. Unless they are super short and don't take 3-4+ months to make.

Just false hope again. I think I shouldn't have bought this game so quickly and waited for it to actually have Episodes to play.
So true, it's unlikely that more than one chapter will come out before this year's ends.

Savor

Jan 30, 2018
it looks atleast dope after all these delays.
let's hope the length is also dope.

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Dev Log #11 | Episode 1

It's almost June!
This means summer, sun, bikinis, and the long-awaited home-alone party in Hardenville Episode 1. It is set to release in week 26, which is June 24 - June 30.

Feedback is welcome regarding what is desired from the development going forward after the release of Episode 1. Currently, Dev Logs are done 1-2 times each month on all platforms (Steam, Itch.io, Discord, Patreon, and Subscriberstar), and monthly special renders are available for Patreon and Subscriberstar members.

Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

Here are a few ideas inspired by other AVN devs:
  • Streams while creating renders, but pre-recorded while airing, allowing questions to be answered along the way without needing to stream the render times (30-90 minutes each render). (Open for all)
  • An estimated progress bar. Though not 100% accurate, it will closely indicate the work completed and what remains for the current chapter. Updated every week? (Open for all)
  • Polls with 2-3 different clothing or bikini options for some characters in the current chapter. (Only for members)

Feedback on these ideas and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Dev Log #11 | Episode 1

It's almost June!
This means summer, sun, bikinis, and the long-awaited home-alone party in Hardenville Episode 1. It is set to release in week 26, which is June 24 - June 30.

Feedback is welcome regarding what is desired from the development going forward after the release of Episode 1. Currently, Dev Logs are done 1-2 times each month on all platforms (Steam, Itch.io, Discord, Patreon, and Subscriberstar), and monthly special renders are available for Patreon and Subscriberstar members.

Any suggestions on what you would like to see?

Here are a few ideas inspired by other AVN devs:
  • Streams while creating renders, but pre-recorded while airing, allowing questions to be answered along the way without needing to stream the render times (30-90 minutes each render). (Open for all)
  • An estimated progress bar. Though not 100% accurate, it will closely indicate the work completed and what remains for the current chapter. Updated every week? (Open for all)
  • Polls with 2-3 different clothing or bikini options for some characters in the current chapter. (Only for members)

Feedback on these ideas and any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 3680717 View attachment 3680718 View attachment 3680719 View attachment 3680720 View attachment 3680721 View attachment 3680722 View attachment 3680723
Hey JoyFI Games, A question, what do you mean by avoidable incest? Do we get to select the relationship with that particular LI as in family member or not....OR that LI will be a family member by default we just get an option to not romance her?

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Hey JoyFI Games, A question, what do you mean by avoidable incest? Do we get to select the relationship with that particular LI as in family member or not....OR that LI will be a family member by default we just get an option to not romance her?
Hey jingyuchua,

In the currently available version (The Prologue), you can customize relationships with your household members and others in the Menu under More --> Residents. The default relationships are roommate, landlord, landlady, etc., and you can choose your preferred relationship in-game.

Additionally, you earn points in interactions, actions, and dialogues, which contribute to specific romance and friendship points with potential love interests. Before each sex scene, there is an option to get "cold feet" and leave.

It's also important to note that there is a significant amount of bonding and interaction with household members since you share the house and live together.

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Hey jingyuchua,

In the currently available version (The Prologue), you can customize relationships with your household members and others in the Menu under More --> Residents. The default relationships are roommate, landlord, landlady, etc., and you can choose your preferred relationship in-game.

Additionally, you earn points in interactions, actions, and dialogues, which contribute to specific romance and friendship points with potential love interests. Before each sex scene, there is an option to get "cold feet" and leave.

It's also important to note that there is a significant amount of bonding and interaction with household members since you share the house and live together.
thanks for the info, the game looks pretty good. As per your posted schedule you specified season 1 could get finished by 2026. So how many seasons are planned???

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
thanks for the info, the game looks pretty good. As per your posted schedule you specified season 1 could get finished by 2026. So how many seasons are planned???
I would take any kind of schedule with a grain of salt. Game has been delayed significantly, multiple times, just for the first real content release. Dev is busy with RL stuff I gather. While it's visually stunning, unless something changes, it's looking like one of those in Dev forever games. I still bought it on Steam, cause it's gorgeous and cheap, but have no real expectations of timely or consistent updates. ;)

Reactions: Kakasan

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
Thanks a lot! Right now, I'm committed to this first season. What happens after I complete Season 1 will, of course, depend on the audience. If a lot of people want it to continue right away, I'll consider it. However, I don't want to drag out multiple seasons just for the sake of it. I also need to ensure that it's worthwhile for the experience and the story.

Last edited:

JoyFI Games

Hardenville
Game Developer
May 9, 2022
I would take any kind of schedule with a grain of salt. Game has been delayed significantly, multiple times, just for the first real content release. Dev is busy with RL stuff I gather. While it's visually stunning, unless something changes, it's looking like one of those in Dev forever games. I still bought it on Steam, cause it's gorgeous and cheap, but have no real expectations of timely or consistent updates. ;)
True. Unfortunately, I already have a lot to prove to gain trust in more consistent releases. But please bear in mind that this is my first game release, and a lot is still new to me. I'm working alone, like many AVN developers. I may make a lot of mistakes in the first releases, including misjudging how long each release will take to make. After a few episodes, we'll all have a better understanding of whether new releases will come out every 3-4 months or longer.

Thanks for purchasing Hardenville on Steam; it means a lot.

jingyuchua

Dec 4, 2023
Thanks a lot! Right now, I'm committed to this first season. What happens after I complete Season 1 will, of course, depend on the audience. If a lot of people want it to continue right away, I'll consider it. However, I don't want to drag out multiple seasons just for the sake of it. I also need to ensure that it's worthwhile for the experience and the story.
I see, though what i meant was....do you have a story mapping as in, could you see yourself tell the story you want through this game in the first season itself? OR You have some plans as to how you can divide that story over multiple seasons?

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes