3.90 star(s) 11 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
There are occasional statements in-game in at least one route that the MC won't sell them all off, he'll keep one. This may or may not be something that comes up in Light route only, though I don't think it is.

There's also numerous (Every time this subject gets brought up) statements by Ker (On his own blog, not here) and those who've worked on the game with Ker that he very much knows that people want a harem end where the MC doesn't part with the main girls, which would still make sense because the number of actual named girls pales before the number he'll be bringing back from all his allies and from Rata itself once he's done. If there will actually be such an end, and how much of the cast it'll cover, are unknown, but suffice to say it's noted numerous times in and out of game that you won't be selling them ALL off, and a harem ending being included is very much possible.
It's been asked for, i've been begging for it. Some of those girls are awesome and i'd love for them to stay together.

I always expect the worst possible outcome then i'm happy when things go well.

If I go in expecting a harem ending and he sells them all i'd be very disappointed. Temper expectations.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
It's been asked for, i've been begging for it. Some of those girls are awesome and i'd love for them to stay together.

I always expect the worst possible outcome then i'm happy when things go well.

If I go in expecting a harem ending and he sells them all i'd be very disappointed. Temper expectations.
Certainly not a bad path through life to take, but suffice to say the references in-game (Albeit far later than the start), many references out of the game, lack of any sort of NTR/swinging/cheating tag (Not that there's any tag that really fits), and the game's name, make it pretty clear why someone might be concerned about NTR elements but still wanting to know about unavoidable stuff in the game with an eye toward playing it.

Anyway, luckily it's avoidable for now, unless you're a Donna fan.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
has anyone actually played through the dark path? im curious of the differences in terms of story

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
has anyone actually played through the dark path? im curious of the differences in terms of story
Thanks to the period between this and the last update, my memory may be a bit fuzzy, but off the top of my head...

Dark path, MC is not at all agonized about his actions, colder, and far more flat-out evil. Some of the scenes also alternate to be darker/more forceful, even when there isn't a Light/Dark choice for the scene (It just happens automatically.) Likewise, the women generally become more twisted and colder to each other. Donna and Samantha especially (Though Donna takes a while to change), but in some scenes you see how they've almost all changed somewhat between routes. It's also possible that Cecila:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I did try the dark path but the girls are far better on the light so didn't get very far.

Haven't tried it since.

pacefrei

Oct 27, 2017
Then it is more a problem with the game's name. When someone hears 'harem' they don't assume they need to share their girls or it is a story about sharing their girls.
I mean, lets be fair. Any game like this that isn't named "Give us lots of patreon money for this thing that I will never bother to actually finish or spend much time on" is misleading.

Reactions: Tiasung
Jun 25, 2018
Or people need to learn how to read?

Here, right in the opening post, is the description.

I'll even highlight the important parts.

It's the whole purpose of the game.

It's not like anyone has been deceived, it's in the description on the first page.

If people can't grasp that then me explaining it aint going to help.

Every time he picks a woman up he tells her she's going to be sold when they get back to his land. It's been the point of the game from the very start.

The only way this could possibly be a shock to anyone is if they haven't read the description or any of the story at all because it's mentioned quite a lot.
It is still poorly worded thus creating confusion. Get rid of the word 'harem' and change it to any other word like posse, gang, group, whatever, and problem solved.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I can't kill the monster in the mine I deal more than 4000 damage right now is it bug?
Unless you are a big fan of the battles I'd suggest you turn down the difficulty. I found that the increased difficulty after Lesser Corsix to be quite unnecessary.

It's true that the light path is much more likeable because of the girls 'cos the MC is an asshole. I'd say he is even more insidious on the light path because of his complex that he is 'rescuing' these women. Still, the story is pretty good and Donna's a sweetheart!

Reactions: Assassin

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It is still poorly worded thus creating confusion. Get rid of the word 'harem' and change it to any other word like posse, gang, group, whatever, and problem solved.
Not really, it is a harem. He has a group of women he sleeps with and that's the very definition of a harem.

The problem is some people have the misguided impression that harems are only for 1 person, they aren't. The women are there for the man to do as he see's fit be that share or sell on.

Regardless of anything else they aren't equals, they are slaves.

Jun 25, 2018
Not really, it is a harem. He has a group of women he sleeps with and that's the very definition of a harem.

The problem is some people have the misguided impression that harems are only for 1 person, they aren't. The women are there for the man to do as he see's fit be that share or sell on.

Regardless of anything else they aren't equals, they are slaves.
That is what people think or want the definition of harem to be, thus why it leads to confusion when people use it for other ways.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Yeah game name is a bit wrong. The women are willing to do it as they will all be treated as Princesses when they go as that country has NO girls left. So they are willing to be sold off to that life.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah game name is a bit wrong. The women are willing to do it as they will all be treated as Princesses when they go as that country has NO girls left. So they are willing to be sold off to that life.
They are under a mind control spell of sorts.

Plus they are slaves, they don't have choices.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Yeah, they are under control, but the MC also (on the light side at least), isn't an ass about it. I've started the dark side once, and noticed that Donna got the poison spell, I need to start that up again, and see if she can still heal on that path. Not that it matters, once you get Angelica, she is my main healer.

Once the game hits 8m5, be certain to do the content in Celee before you talk to Marecellius in Corsix, and lose Donna for a while, as Donna is intergral to getting the Bunny slave girl, (can't remember her name, and I just got her, lol), in Eowen.

I seriously got my ass kicked in the Quicksilver Mine, maybe I should have taken the games hint and put Vanessa in my line up, and let the MC deal damage, but if I forgot to put up Super Guard even once, that huge orc bastard chopped the MC to pieces, and then I had to use Smelling Salts to get him back up. Naitay is an awesome fighter, just use the 100 tp skill at the start of the fight and then build her back up as you are killing the orc. Put Sarah on berserk and let Angelica guard and toss out heals as needed while the MC used provoke and super guard.

Oh yeah, take Noemi to get slave training before you do the quests in Eowen / Castra.

Shades19

Jun 8, 2017
The game's name is fine.

I'm interested in how the MC will continue to prevent his slaves from being suspicious on his brainwashing power from the Angels' ring. He was shitting bricks on that notion in the later updates. How long can he keep it up?

Ker has been in this Harem project since 2010 iirc (I have been playing the first installments since 2012)

Great game. Glad everything is back running. Stay safe and healthy ker.

Botzy

Nov 14, 2016
Wait, do you guys seriously believe he's going to sell the girls off at the end to revive his kingdom? Did you speedread? I don't want to go into spoilers for people who haven't gotten that far or figured it out but come on, it's painfully obvious that he couldn't even if he wanted to and even if the girls are okay with it. Every single piece of lore you uncover beats you over the head with it. MC is keeping his girls at the end of the game, guaranteed.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Wait, do you guys seriously believe he's going to sell the girls off at the end to revive his kingdom? Did you speedread? I don't want to go into spoilers for people who haven't gotten that far or figured it out but come on, it's painfully obvious that he couldn't even if he wanted to and even if the girls are okay with it. Every single piece of lore you uncover beats you over the head with it. MC is keeping his girls at the end of the game, guaranteed.
Not gonna bother repeating myself but i've explained why I think how I think.

Big difference here is if he does sell them, you'll be pissed off.

Never assume anything. Just remember there are some girls in the harem that just want families of their own. One member in particular is trying to hurry his quest along so she can be married off and start a family.

Also remember the one and only reason they are with him is because of his mind control ring. Wonder what's gonna happen when they find out and/or he loses that ring.

Botzy

Nov 14, 2016
Big difference here is if he does sell them, you'll be pissed off.
I wouldn't say that, but regardless, he can't. His intended market doesn't exist.

Also remember the one and only reason they are with him is because of his mind control ring
It's certainly a reason but it is not the one and only reason. Even in evil route, most of the harem has a legitimate reason to stick with him. It's really only the truly antagonistic girls like Cecilia or evil route Terra where you could make that claim.

AHentailurker

Oct 8, 2017
It's certainly a reason but it is not the one and only reason. Even in evil route, most of the harem has a legitimate reason to sick with him. It's really only the truly antagonistic girls like Cecilia or evil route Terra where you could make that claim.
And evil route terra
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which I'm still unsure if I like or not. it's a pretty jarring turn for her, but I really enjoyed the scene itself.

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes