RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
Just got through Horticulture and moved onto Chill, finishing the quest pretty much immediately.

Horticulture made me appreciate the old chat system for what it is. In short, almost all the girls have the same dialogue: starting with a basic dialogue that changes with each new affection level. It is pretty limited and needed revamping...

With the exception of Larelle whose range made her my 'best girl': Larelle's 'Last Quest' chat is dynamic - it's binary with one text if she was in party and one if she wasn't. Elaiya is a solid 2nd place for the same reason but I think she has half of Larelle's text, answering 'idk what to say' for a lot of quests. It made Larelle a real co-adventurer and not just a harem trope character.

I don't think Larelle's text carried over to Chill, making the expansion a slightly lesser experience for it.
I'll be restarting soon and forgoing my typical game start pattern in favor of picking up Elaiya and Larelle first to see just how much text they each really have. Hopefully everything will be fixed by SAVIOUR.

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
Just got through Horticulture and moved onto Chill, finishing the quest pretty much immediately.

Horticulture made me appreciate the old chat system for what it is. In short, almost all the girls have the same dialogue: starting with a basic dialogue that changes with each new affection level. It is pretty limited and needed revamping...

With the exception of Larelle whose range made her my 'best girl': Larelle's 'Last Quest' chat is dynamic - it's binary with one text if she was in party and one if she wasn't. Elaiya is a solid 2nd place for the same reason but I think she has half of Larelle's text, answering 'idk what to say' for a lot of quests. It made Larelle a real co-adventurer and not just a harem trope character.

I don't think Larelle's text carried over to Chill, making the expansion a slightly lesser experience for it.
I'll be restarting soon and forgoing my typical game start pattern in favor of picking up Elaiya and Larelle first to see just how much text they each really have. Hopefully everything will be fixed by SAVIOUR.
The last quest chat option was scrapped because it was hugely labour intensive and would have bloated game dev by a significant degree.

Althought the dialogue is still in the code so if anyone wanna mod it back it's easily done

Reactions: RobertoCasas

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
The last quest chat option was scrapped because it was hugely labour intensive and would have bloated game dev by a significant degree.

Althought the dialogue is still in the code so if anyone wanna mod it back it's easily done
Well that's a shame. I guess Larelle will remain my best girl by default then.
Thanks for sharing that data. It'll save me time replaying games knowing I must do them on Horticulture for that dialogue instead of being disappointed going forward.

Mauser45

Nov 6, 2017
In the new update, I've noticed that the Giant's Path is almost completely empty. The daily bugs are missing, except for one bee swarm right at the very top right. Similarly, there are just one group of bats and one bear in the caves. Is this intentional? I'm confused

enkephalin07

Dec 13, 2017
Old Bill in Westcastle sold me a new manor on an island, but he was really vague on directions. There's nothing in town that looks like a dock, and Southport's ships won't take me. What is he talking about?

Jerome3393

Jul 23, 2020
How am i supposed to get the Fate ender sword when according to the wiki i need to complete the send newts quest before i can access the quest to get the sword but in order to get the Send newts quest i apparently need to have the fate ender sword? i'm really confused can someone help.

RobertoCasas

Sep 2, 2017
How am i supposed to get the Fate ender sword when according to the wiki i need to complete the send newts quest before i can access the quest to get the sword but in order to get the Send newts quest i apparently need to have the fate ender sword? i'm really confused can someone help.
Ok, first things first. You don't have to complete Send Newts. You need to complete Can't Handle it Cove to get the sword Holy Diver. Once you have that then you can make Fate Ender (you need kevin and Ino).
Can't Handle it Cove requires Honey Trapper, which requires Manor Invasion.

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
There is a little icon to the left of the main town. it's a Forrest, you can find them there as long as you have talked to the orc in the bar first
So I guess I'm f*cked, no more orc in the bar. Do I need to restart the game?

Capture.JPG

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
I used the fairy to restart. But I can't start the quest to get Elaiya in the Tin Dog Tavern. Anything I can to to solve this issue? Maybe with saveeditonline?

Jun 29, 2018
So are the added vignettes completely optional like all the other nonMC content so far? I'm assuming so based on past precedence, but I'd just like to make sure.

4.20 star(s) 36 Votes