Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
So it's been a while since I've stopped in, has it been said anywhere if everyone will be getting their love/respect quests done in this game or will some only be available in the planned sequel? Also has all the text only scenes gotten art yet? Gonna start a new play through regardless just an idle curiosity. Thanks in advance!
Yes everyone will get their LQ/RQ. And no not every text only scene have gotten art yet

Reactions: AxelMasters

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
Could some help me find the story, Yamamaya told MC it's a story about a slave kid and shadows you get it after you get ino and Kevin to make you fate ender in night when MC is outside Yamamaya tells you the story

Aeduaard

Jul 29, 2019
So guy how do I advance the endgame event after chimei get the dream I'm very confused how to proceed with the quest more worse the quest didn't get a title to begin with

RyuseiZED

Jul 30, 2018
Hello i have an issue. when im doing the Love Quest for Florine, after MC get captured at tower, and the game make me select Alina, the screen goes black and i cant do anything.... any way to solve it?

• Sad
Reactions: Thayron

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
Hello i have an issue. when im doing the Love Quest for Florine, after MC get captured at tower, and the game make me select Alina, the screen goes black and i cant do anything.... any way to solve it?
First: That's not actually her LQ it's a story quest
Second: Update to v0.52.2

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
It seems inane, to me, that the unique items from love quests are now classified as relics. The value of such items has been considerably mitigated now, especially with caster units, who are forced to replace such things as "rhinestone gloves" and "archmage's ring". Given that they are already limited to a single companion, I do not understand why they can not be equipped as an accessory so that they feel like an actual reward for playing Santa Claus for the first 5 mins of every day.

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
It seems inane, to me, that the unique items from love quests are now classified as relics. The value of such items has been considerably mitigated now, especially with caster units, who are forced to replace such things as "rhinestone gloves" and "archmage's ring". Given that they are already limited to a single companion, I do not understand why they can not be equipped as an accessory so that they feel like an actual reward for playing Santa Claus for the first 5 mins of every day.
There was never a point where the reverse was true. The Relic/Accessory is a new mechanic and the Love Quest rewards was classified as a relic in the same update. Before this update you still had to choose between say the Rhinestone Glove or a Love Quest reward. There is no mitigation of value because it is literally the same choice as before, except now you get to wear a generic accessory aswell.

Also the reason they aren't accessories is because of Power Creep, characters especially mages in this game is far too strong already, giving them access to both it gonna rocket them much higher

Oh and lastly Archmage's Ring isn't limited to one, just buy more

Last edited:

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
I am aware one may buy more Archmage's rings, but that is my point. Even if there is not a unique for Yeon and/or Kyrie (I don't know if it is even possible to max Yeon's affection) there is no need to buy more, because they are only two options to even equip non-unique relics on.
It seems like a nuclear way to address power creep of casters, especially given that this reality is not limited to affecting caster units. Yama is just as "penalized" by this mechanic as are casters, so it does nothing to mitigate caster power creep relative to other units. This does nothing to alter the state of late-game caster's power, other than making people drink more mana potions, which procuring is not even an issue in late game other than being an annoyance. One could, for example, increase resistance of late-game enemies, or have the lvl gains of MAtk diminish above a given level, if the desire is to actually make casters less OP in late game.
But really, "casters are weakest classes at low lvl, and strongest classes late game" is ingrained logic in every RPG in the last 50 years. That is just the way things go, and it makes sense from a world-building perspective.

Last edited:

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
I am aware one may buy more Archmage's rings, but that is my point. Even if there is not a unique for Yeon and/or Kyrie (I don't know if it is even possible to max Yeon's affection) there is no need to buy more, because they are only two options to even equip non-unique relics on.
It seems like a nuclear way to address power creep of casters, especially given that this reality is not limited to affecting caster units. Yama is just as "penalized" by this mechanic as are casters, so it does nothing to mitigate caster power creep relative to other units. This does nothing to alter the state of late-game caster's power, other than making people drink more mana potions, which procuring is not even an issue in late game other than being an annoyance. One could, for example, increase resistance of late-game enemies, or have the lvl gains of MAtk diminish above a given level, if the desire is to actually make casters less OP in late game.
But really, "casters are weakest classes at low lvl, and strongest classes late game" is ingrained logic in every RPG in the last 50 years. That is just the way things go, and it makes sense from a world-building perspective.
I still don't understand the problem here? Nothing has changed from before this mechanic. Before relics was a thing you still had to choose between for example the Kellos Warhorn or the Crow Totem for Yama, nothing about this has changed, the relics haven't "penalized" anything as it hasn't changed the status quo between the high tier stuff even in the slighest. The whole Relic/Accessory mechanic was made to give the lower powered accessory a chance to be used.

And you misunderstood what I said, it isn't done to combat the strength of mages, it's to not further power creep. The reason they aren't changing stats now is because they plan to release a balance patch when the game is finished, rebalancing characters and enemies this late in development is just gonna be doubling up on the work as the game is getting close to finished.

Lastly I just wanna point out, you yourself is who said that the archmage's ring is limited to one, so I pointed out it wasn't
... such things as "rhinestone gloves" and "archmage's ring". Given that they are already limited to a single companion...

Last edited:

whosthatguy

Feb 25, 2018
Also the reason they aren't accessories is because of Power Creep, characters especially mages in this game is far too strong already, giving them access to both it gonna rocket them much higher
They are? Weird. I've stuck with Doll, Felix and Elaiya simply because they're the first three party members I got and they work well enough. I guess that will teach me to experiment.

Papa Romeow

Mar 21, 2019
They are? Weird. I've stuck with Doll, Felix and Elaiya simply because they're the first three party members I got and they work well enough. I guess that will teach me to experiment.
Oh I'm not saying the other characters aren't viable at all, they are all perfectly good to use. In fact switch out Felix and Elaiya with maybe Yama and Bronwyn/Gargan and you'd have a pretty fun team.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Not sure what you read, but I never said it was limited to one character. I was referring to the fact the unique items are, by nature, limited to their specific user. I also was saying that the value of unique items are mitigated by the fact that, despite providing larger over-all gains, they must replace relics which more directly improve that specific character's function. So the assertions that "nothing has changed" seems to circumnavigate anything I actually said. I used the word "now", and for some reason you seem to feel my entire perspective can be refuted on that basis.
Not clear as to why this needed to take the tone it did, but I stand by my initial assertion. Balance the game better as you wish, but I feel the unique items should be classified as "accessories" so that they feel like an actual reward.

4.20 star(s) 36 Votes