VN Ren'Py Abandoned Harem High School [v0.2.5] [SpliFF Productions]

4.10 star(s) 11 Votes

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Technically the author killed it. Teased about releasing a new update only to announce he was abandoning this game to start on a new one. Said he was unhappy with some early decisions he'd made about the game design so now he was perpetually dissatisfied with the game every time he worked on it.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Yep, as far as I know he is just reworking the same game. He isn't working on a new game.

John Woodbridge

Honorable member with ethical values
Donor
Jun 3, 2017
Technically the author killed it. Teased about releasing a new update only to announce he was abandoning this game to start on a new one. Said he was unhappy with some early decisions he'd made about the game design so now he was perpetually dissatisfied with the game every time he worked on it.
Do you know what is the new game that Dev. starts development after this one ?
Many thanks in advance for your reply.

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
Do you know what is the new game that Dev. starts development after this one ?
Many thanks in advance for your reply.
He's going to redo this game from the ground up, to fix some of the early decisions he's unhappy with. Though I strongly suspect that game will end up abandoned as well.

John Woodbridge

Honorable member with ethical values
Donor
Jun 3, 2017
He's going to redo this game from the ground up, to fix some of the early decisions he's unhappy with. Though I strongly suspect that game will end up abandoned as well.
Ok thank you for your opinion. That's what I was thinking also without confirmation. So let the Dev finalize his "new" project ! Wait and see ... :cool:

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
its rly unlucky this game died one of the best graphic of this genre
It isn't dead according to the latest patron post the dev should have started working on the new version of the game last month (november) so hopefully we will get some information on the progress soon.
Restart
Hey...
First of all, there is no new update today. I'm sorry.
I know, I'm losing all remaining trust in me. And I disappoint you again.
Right now, I'm feeling like walking around the city naked and everyone screems: "Shame! Shame! Shame!". I would deserve it...

But, 1-2 week ago, when I had 5 days of vacation, I was testing new content and played the whole game through...
It became clear to me why the game wasn't a success after all and why it robbed so much of my motivation at the end (It still does here and there btw). Some parts of it are just garbage and it isn't very well thought out. Some sections of the first day, the wayyy too short intro and so many things which I started and left unfinished.

So why bringing out new content, even with new characters, when the game has so many construction sites?
If I want this to be a success this time, I have to put much more time and effort in it.
However, this just doesn't work with a fulltime job, friends and family and I don't want to burn me out again.
So I'm gonna work on the game fulltime from November on. I can afford this because I really worked a lot this summer and If it doesn't work out, then I can get back to my job in spring.

Please don't pledge anymore as long as no new updates coming out. Unfortunately, I haven't found settings where I can turn it off.

I offer all patrons from August/September to get a refund, just mail me.

I really understand if you pissed right now...

See you soon,
SpliFF

Reactions: Cmann

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
He did post a restart, but I see it as a maybe which I won't be trusting financially. If he works on the game great, if not oh well.

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
I have been following this game for a year now and if the dev still care about their game then I hope for the best of them and that one day they can get the game to be the success they're looking for.

4.10 star(s) 11 Votes