DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
I'd be willing to bet you didn't know a thing about desert elf biology because they've literally never been seen in game. She did educate you, you just didn't like her.
Not really, because I still have no idea wth a dessert elf is at this point.
The part where they they started explaining their history WAS actually helpful, but by the time I pointed out (their biology lesson) I just know they exist. My point about her being one-sidedly condescending stands.
Now I will question how come we didn't find out at this point though, but I guess the subject never came up. Maybe because they were reduced to small numbers, so now they are rare to be seen enslaved? Like the drows.

Not liking her is fine, I did want to make her annoying at first, and I did want her to look like a dumbass for making too much assumptions.
Well, with the whole scene acting as if she was right didn't really help. There was nobody but Kali opposing her, and she never put her down for her annoying attitude that, supposedly, is trying to get win her over as an ally. If someone like this tried to convince me of joining her cause, she would just push me for whatever se is fighting against.
She now knows you aren't the horrible people she assumed you were.
Does she? What part showed this? I know she thinks she can make Kali magically turn the world over be yelling at her "JUST DO IT, YOU PRIVILIGED CAPITALIST"!
How was she convinced MC isn't horrible? She literally told him he isn't welcome in her little cringe fringe group because he is a "landowner"

This doesn't involve burning businesses, it involves Kali's position in her family.
Thank. FUCKING. God.
There is hope!

wev96

Dec 7, 2019
Hi Runey,

I think there's a small writing inconsistency in Kate's events.

Kate give you her address in the first date event at the pizza shop (event 3 ?)
But when you go out out jogging with her later you ask where she lives. (event 4?)

Thanks for reporting this, but I'm not able to find it easily. There's hundreds of events. I skimmed through Kate's events and couldn't find the inconsistency you mentioned.

Ok I tried to force out the location quik with the editor sorry if it's not consistent with your tools.
Here are the lines that come up with the Intercactive Director

From the end of the 3rd event:

ash_events.rpyc:9577
ash_events.rpyc:9578
ash_events.rpyc:9579

"Kate gives you her address, and you drive her home. Now you know where she lives for when, or if, she calls on you."

Towards the beginning of the 4th event:

ash_events.rpyc:9696
ash_events.rpyc:9697
ash_events.rpyc:9698

Player
"So where do you live?"

---

Hope that helps.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Not really, because I still have no idea wth a dessert elf is at this point.
The part where they they started explaining their history WAS actually helpful, but by the time I pointed out (their biology lesson) I just know they exist. My point about her being one-sidedly condescending stands.
Now I will question how come we didn't find out at this point though, but I guess the subject never came up. Maybe because they were reduced to small numbers, so now they are rare to be seen enslaved? Like the drows.
Quotes from the game

nala "Now we know that common elves and desert elves live about the same length, both very long. While dark elves live shorter lives, and drow even shorter still."

nala "The desert elves! Most elves were naturists, but the desert elves were animists! Arthur wrote that they wore no armor at all, and most were often fully exposed in the nude. He says they had no shame at all, but now of course we would consider them culturally nudists. And some tribes still are."

They live in Syl'tali, the arid northwestern area of Syl'anar

nala "Of course since they didn't have much nature to speak of, they couldn't build much. Instead, they made use of the mountains and carved entire cities into them! The biggest is said to have housed up to 50,000!"

Their society was built on the tallest mountain on this planet.

nala "The mountain range that roughly 72 percent of the desert elf population inhabited is within a day's walking distance to a lush coral reef. It worked quite well for tens of thousands of years, but fishing had its limits... the desert elves had the smallest population out of the civilized elves. Still do."

Need I go on...?

Well, with the whole scene acting as if she was right didn't really help. There was nobody but Kali opposing her, and she never put her down for her annoying attitude that, supposedly, is trying to get win her over as an ally. If someone like this tried to convince me of joining her cause, she would just push me for whatever se is fighting against.
She was right for the most part, but I know you didn't actually read the event, so I guess you didn't catch it. What she wasn't right about was who you and Kali were as people. She doesn't want corrupt people to help her cause. A slaver doesn't fight for no slaves... this is just basic logic here.

Does she? What part showed this? I know she thinks she can make Kali magically turn the world over be yelling at her "JUST DO IT, YOU PRIVILIGED CAPITALIST"!
How was she convinced MC isn't horrible? She literally told him he isn't welcome in her little cringe fringe group because he is a "landowner"
Buddy, take a chill pill. You don't need to take your anger out on us.

You listened, you learned, you gained new perspective, you didn't tell her to fuck off as most do. I know you would IRL, but MC is a good guy and listened, and learned. This event was one of the biggest history dumps I've ever made on elves. It's not my fault if you don't pay attention to it.

Vanessa is very wary of MC, but she will come through. MC after all, is a pretty decent guy. This story is in progress.

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
i'm confused about something... Felicity said that Emma was her clone... if this is true why don't they look alike? their hair can be dyed of course, but Emma does have very noticeably larger breasts... if she's Felicity's clone, should they have the same sized breasts?

kage1822

Mar 21, 2020
Ok I tried to force out the location quik with the editor sorry if it's not consistent with your tools.
Here are the lines that come up with the Intercactive Director

From the end of the 3rd event:

ash_events.rpyc:9577
ash_events.rpyc:9578
ash_events.rpyc:9579

"Kate gives you her address, and you drive her home. Now you know where she lives for when, or if, she calls on you."

Towards the beginning of the 4th event:

ash_events.rpyc:9696
ash_events.rpyc:9697
ash_events.rpyc:9698

Player
"So where do you live?"

---

Hope that helps.
I recently came across that also

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
i'm confused about something... Felicity said that Emma was her clone... if this is true why don't they look alike? their hair can be dyed of course, but Emma does have very noticeably larger breasts... if she's Felicity's clone, should they have the same sized breasts?
They have the exact same face, I just wanted variability.

Your other bug was fixed in v0.11.1

Feb 24, 2019
Yeah, I realized that when meeting Nia, Sylvia and I will even count Autumn.
I complained about Nia bashing our skull with a bat and never seemed even slightly regretful about it, but that is so much better than this. Nia is at least an actual victim that is more than justified in being distrustful and hostile, but this chick? Its not just being hostile, its the unjustified smugness she has.
"I aM gOiNg tO eDuCaTe yOu"
When they started talking about elves' lifespans and biology, I was begging for MC or literally anyone go "I already know this because I talk to elves on a daily basis. Weren't you supposed to educate me?"

Look, I really trust your writing. The Maria event where they go to the musseum was a nice showing of several outlooks colliding without nobody being a HUGE bitch.
This event? Not even close. I will take your word about she not always being like this (bitch is slamming a table to make sure we know she is enraged lmao) and see where this goes, but I really hope she won't always come on top in these "discussions" (which obviously wasn't what she wanted. She was there to lecture/"educate" us)
Isn't Vanessa a typical SJW trope? If so, by design, she is supposed to be bitchy. I think that if the MC did try to talk back to her like most of us would, she would just start bitching even more. She wouldn't even be listening to the MC talking because he is a slaver.

It would make more sense if you just add in the 'truestory' code into the PC the MC has in his room.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
She was right for the most part, but I know you didn't actually read the event, so I guess you didn't catch it.
Buddy, take a chill pill. You don't need to take your anger out on us.
I am starting to see where the condescending tone in the whole event came from.
Quotes from the game
Need I go on...?
I think someone else should take a chill pill and take a look at my comment. I said "by that point" which is "from start of the biology lesson, right up until Kali interrupted, right before the history lesson"
Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough about which time period I referred to, but such is life and trying to communicate things by writing. Don't worry, in know you didn't really read my comment before you started posting all the quotes undrelated to the time period I refereed to.

I will still try to make myself clear by using bold and underline for my quote: "The part where they they started explaining their history WAS actually helpful, but by the time I pointed out (their biology lesson) I just know they exist."

Was this clear enough? "Do I need to go on?" OK!

nala "Elves have an accelerated growth spurt at the early stages of life, slowing dramatically at roughly fifty cycles around the sun... and strangely, while all elves appear to outlive humans by at least 6 life times, each subspecies has a different biological clock entirely, with the 'common elf' to appear to live the longest."
scene kali_unih40
nala "Now we know that common elves and desert elves live about the same length, both very long. While dark elves live shorter lives, and drow even shorter still."
scene kali_unih41
k "How is this history? This sounds more like biology..."
van "It's in the book!"

Oh look! I was right! Taken straight from your script, bro.

What she wasn't right about was who you and Kali were as people. She doesn't want corrupt people to help her cause. A slaver doesn't fight for no slaves... this is just basic logic here.
"This is just basic logic" then why would she try to convince Kali? Are you sure you follow your own logic? You know that last line was completely unnecessary and just made her look like a bitch, but because you agree with her emotionally, you just want to make her right.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Isn't Vanessa a typical SJW trope? If so, by design, she is supposed to be bitchy. I think that if the MC did try to talk back to her like most of us would, she would just start bitching even more. She wouldn't even be listening to the MC talking because he is a slaver.
Yes and no. The term SJW comes with a lot of baggage. She's a socially aware college student for sure, and I did want to include those stereotypes. But, I also wanted to against how most people stereotype these people. So yes, she is meant to be annoying, but she's not meant to be one of those people who just yells in your face about nonsense, she knows what she's talking about. I hope it came across that way.

Reactions: Parcel and Apostate

misdark

Apr 28, 2018
Well runey, i went over 30 days and using lains mod i maxed out all stats... it still wont trigger lvl 30 kali. by that i mean no talk option, no scene when walking in and no scene just by waiting.

got any ideas? or am i missing some requirement?

best regards

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I am starting to see where the condescending tone in the whole event came from.
Thanks for the passive aggressive comment. It proves how not upset you are.

I think someone else should take a chill pill and take a look at my comment. I said "by that point" which is "from start of the biology lesson, right up until Kali interrupted, right before the history lesson"
Maybe I didn't express myself clearly enough about which time period I referred to, but such is life and trying to communicate things by writing. Don't worry, in know you didn't really read my comment before you started posting all the quotes undrelated to the time period I refereed to.
It was actually a slight mistake, but thanks for being an asshat about it. It proves how not upset you are.

I was referring to "I still have no idea what a desert elf is". I don't know why you would mention that unless you didn't read their history.

I will still try to make myself clear by using bold and underline for my quote: "The part where they they started explaining their history WAS actually helpful, but by the time I pointed out (their biology lesson) I just know they exist."

Was this clear enough? "Do I need to go on?" OK!
Seriously, this proves how not upset you are.

nala "Elves have an accelerated growth spurt at the early stages of life, slowing dramatically at roughly fifty cycles around the sun... and strangely, while all elves appear to outlive humans by at least 6 life times, each subspecies has a different biological clock entirely, with the 'common elf' to appear to live the longest."
scene kali_unih40
scene kali_unih41
k "How is this history? This sounds more like biology..."
van "It's in the book!"

Oh look! I was right! Taken straight from your script, bro.
What do you want me to say to this? Desert Elves look like common elves with tanner skin and bigger ears for the most part. This was explained in game. There's isn't much different biology than from a common elf.

"This is just basic logic" then why would she try to convince Kali? Are you sure you follow your own logic? You know that last line was completely unnecessary and just made her look like a bitch, but because you agree with her emotionally, you just want to make her right.
Yes dude, I do agree with her. I don't want slaves lmfao.

What are you talking about? You left the main point entirely to just insult me haha. She's anti slavery. Why would she get close to Kali, who's dad helps slavery, and MC, who owns a slave, without knowing who they are as people first? She doesn't want to get close to a slaver, she knows you aren't as bad as the others now.

I take back my comment, you did read the words, but you didn't pay attention to the story.

Reactions: Parcel and Apostate

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
Well runey, i went over 30 days and using lains mod i maxed out all stats... it still wont trigger lvl 30 kali. by that i mean no talk option, no scene when walking in and no scene just by waiting.

got any ideas? or am i missing some requirement?

best regards
You know, if you are using Lain's mod, it should basically tell you the requirements when opening the menu for it and clicking on Kali's main story window.
I tells you if you have to wait, or visit in a specific time of the day, etc. What does it tell you?

misdark

Apr 28, 2018
Oh just to check, can you put it behind spoiler alert, what is the last scene? because maybe it just didnt update the story :/
i got 2/3 scenes or soo with kali

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
HogRocket
Thanks for the review! I just want to respond to this one thing

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's not hypocritical, in fact it's a huge part of this story. Maria was treated like an object, and you help her. You DEFINITELY don't treat girls here as second class citizens, you as the MC help them with their every need, no matter how small. Dungeon content and S&M isn't always demeaning, it's another form of sex. A lot of women enjoy being treated rough in sex, and many of girls here have fetishes for these things.

socio-political stuff has always been apart of HH, freeing Lin and the elves has always been a big part of Lin's story. Diplomacy and Politics is something you will see in HH. (Politics in the form of free elves, nothing from current life)

The only exception being slave route stuff, if you choose to do that, you can be hypocritical as a player.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Thank you Runey for the update, I was waiting to see how the story will move on. I like how Ashley got the twins back to school with the help of the fairies. I also liked the story lesson from one of Kali's classmates, I didn't know she was an elf. Anyway, I felt bad for Sakura (android) when she went to school trying to leave the nest and make some friends. There are other things I liked about the update, but I don’t want to spoiler things. I do have a question, is Autumn a half-elf?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Runey
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes