Sep 2, 2020
So i just started and where going into the kitchen to talk to lin and as she burned the pizza i had the strange feeling something is wrong here.

I get +1 for friendship when i tell her that nothing willl happen if shes obedient and +1 for obedience and +1 for friendship when i tell her that nothing will happen whatever she does.

That is kinda a flipped or not?

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
My only complaint is that earning 7.5k the normal way, even with full bar upgrades is... slow. Like I get maybe 300-500 a week. Thats 15 - 25 weeks game time. Harsh. And yes, I know I can just sit in my room and skip forward but that's immersion breaking to all hell.

On the plus side this does mean I genuinely care.

Edit: apparently it goes way up if you turn the add budget up to 11. Forget I said anything. :)

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Gotta agree, I just wish we were getting more updates, it seems to have come to a screeching halt for new content. Easily one of my top 5 games, especially given all of the different girls and personalities. Harem=:love::p
No doubts here, Runey is a master at storytelling and this is one of the best games of it's genre; but don't forget the times we live in now and "sit on our hands" just a bit longer. Hold it in guys, hold it... ;)

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
So, the creator of Renpy or Google has set the filesize limit to 2GB on android, and Harem Hotel is far too big now even through compressing these images to 40KB each. Splitting the game in two is going to cause a ton of bugs and far more confusion among the player base...

Does anyone know a way around this? This 2GB limit is killing me. It might be so much of a hassle to deal with that the android version may stop being supported all together.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Tony507 and Leingod

Leingod

Dec 3, 2017
I don't want to use the mod because it adds new content. And I feel that is unneeded in this case as the developers vision is already supreme. I mean, for crying out loud, he managed to reach through to my black, charred, calcified heart.
I get what you mean, but the mod has the additional content disabled by default. You actually have to go into the mod menu and manually enable it before they'll show up, so you will literally never see any of it if you don't expressly want to.

Skummy Ecchi

Apr 18, 2019
As far as I'm aware, there is no work around if your game is too large that compression will not make it fit. But then I'm not a dev just someone that looks things up for Devs, so I may be missing some technical aspect. However I see more and more developers running up against this roadblock and unable to support android releases due to not being able to compress far enough to fit in the 2GB limit or not wishing to compromise their image quality. So if I'm missing something, plenty of other people are too.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So, the creator of Renpy or Google has set the filesize limit to 2GB on android, and Harem Hotel is far too big now even through compressing these images to 40KB each. Splitting the game in two is going to cause a ton of bugs and far more confusion among the player base...

Does anyone know a way around this? This 2GB limit is killing me. It might be so much of a hassle to deal with that the android version may stop being supported all together.
First to my defend, I don't know very much about Android or development for Android.
What I know is, that the size of my map application of my phone is around 30+GB all together application and maps. Thus I assume it would be, at least theoretical, possible to split it to have an app and a few archives that contain the game data. But how that must be implemented I don't have a clue.

• Thinking Face

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I don't know if it actually works but you might just have to tell them you use Joiplay to emulate it instead and just let them download the win/linux version of the game instead.

In theory they should still be able to DL the win/linux version even if it's over the filesize.

Horst82

Aug 20, 2019
Runey Could you not "simply" put a Game APK out and several Picture APKs? So that you "only" need to adapt the folders for the Images in the Code for Android?

• Thinking Face

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017

Have you looked at the new Android App Bundles? It's basically just an app with the game code in it with the rest of the assets served from another source. It also makes updating the app much easier because it's only the external assets that need serving.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Have you looked at the new Android App Bundles? It's basically just an app with the game code in it with the rest of the assets served from another source. It also makes updating the app much easier because it's only the external assets that need serving.

I can't upload files to hundreds of thousands of phones at once.
If I understand correctly, I would need to find a way to allow Harem Hotel to connect to the internet so the app can download the extra files online. Which isn't possible because I'm not a game studio with a server room.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
If I understand correctly, I would need to find a way to allow Harem Hotel to connect to the internet so the app can download the extra files online. Which isn't possible because I'm not a game studio with a server room.
Sorry, I'm not a developer; a friend who is an Android dev suggested it. I wasn't aware of the connection requirement. I'll go back and ask for other suggestions.

Reactions: TheDevian and c3p0

TrickyK

Jul 10, 2018
At this point you may just want to leave it to the community to find a way. If compressing images to 40kb still doesn't free enough space, then any version moving forward is just going to run into more walls even if you manage to get it working for this one.

Community modders may be able to find a way to port it, but I'd not bother supporting it if it's just going to cause you to make a choice between adding more content or tinkering with the Android version to get it to work for one more update.

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
For me I don't care about the android version!.
I don't have a phone or a tablet so...
I just want to see HH continue development, preferably as a single download file not broken into parts!.
There's a game already on this site that's been broken into parts I stopped playing because of the problems that caused!.
(made replaying it a nightmare, often bugs and missing scenes between parts, ect.)
I'll continue supporting as long as i can download HH as a single download for PC!.
I understand a lot of people play on android devices though.
I'll say it is a shame android have the 2gb limit, They shot themselves in the foot there I think!.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I'll say it is a shame android have the 2gb limit, They shot themselves in the foot there I think!.
Not really. You have to remember that android was designed as an OS for mobile devices which by definition have limited hard drive space and in a time when WiFi or free internet with your phone plan wasn't as ambiguous as it is today. Would you want your mobile phone to start downloading a 30GB update over paid cellular internet? Me neither.

The ones shooting them self in the foot are people using mobile phones and tablets to play serious video games. They are using a device that realistically simply isn't designed for that job and are suffering as a result. Worse yet, they are making all of us suffer by proxy by making developers (and not just game devs but the entire toolchain) devote time, resources and effort into making things compatible with their devices thus breaking them for everyone.

I work as a software developer using unity as my day job and I can tell you there are good reasons why my company just does not support android devices.

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes