Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Seriously? They made you change her shirt??? Seriously a WTF move if you ask me.

:cool: Eric Grey
She had a blue shirt?
Blue shirt = under 18

I think it was during a time where patreon was more antsy about any character in a game without double D's. Flat is more recognized as justice these days.
Pretty much. It's a very stupid story, but here's the gist of it.

I found someone claiming to have made my game and own the copyright (which I don't even do, I only own the intellectual rights because I use Honey Select) so that was illegal. On top of that, they were selling my game without my permission, and selling a copywritten game they didn't own, which is illegal. So I contacted them telling them to take down my game, which they did.

Then I told others on here about the website, more devs contacted this person and told them to take their game down. At this point he got very mad, all his illegal money was going away. So he decided to email patreon saying Ashley was under 18 for some reason, Patreon took one look at ashley and said "Yep, you gotta change her". I asked how and why, she's obviously over 18 and they would know that if they played the game, but patreon staff doesnt, so they said "Together with the fact that she has small breasts and that shirt means you have to change one of them." Which is almost word for word. So I opted to change her shirt, and that was the end of that.

Cokane0

Koikatu Harem Master
Game Developer
Mar 18, 2020
I found someone claiming to have made my game and own the copyright (which I don't even do, I only own the intellectual rights because I use Honey Select) so that was illegal. On top of that, they were selling my game without my permission, and selling a copywritten game they didn't own, which is illegal. So I contacted them telling them to take down my game, which they did.
That italian website right? Had no idea that was where it started. Thanks for the gist.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Wasnt the old default outfit essentially a blue brazier school uniform? Now her default doesnt resemble a school uniform and theyve had no issue since but its hilarious that yeah its the same character just in a different outfit (and she still comes with a school uniform to enjoy in sex scenes haha)

Leingod

Dec 3, 2017
Wasnt the old default outfit essentially a blue brazier school uniform? Now her default doesnt resemble a school uniform and theyve had no issue since but its hilarious that yeah its the same character just in a different outfit (and she still comes with a school uniform to enjoy in sex scenes haha)
Yeah, I'm guessing that's the (stupid) logic. The shirt was blue, and that was too close for comfort to the Japanese schoolgirl sailor uniform to them.

But honestly, it feels more like they felt they needed to demand some kind of change to the game just so they could say that they had made a demand in response to the claim, and that was just the best they could come up with.

Reactions: Netus and Runey

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I guess that sort of makes sense. On the plus side the white sweater does look much nicer on her than a blue shirt would. It really brings out the hair and eyes more.

Reactions: Leingod and Runey

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
Pretty much. It's a very stupid story, but here's the gist of it.

Then I told others on here about the website, more devs contacted this person and told them to take their game down. At this point he got very mad, all his illegal money was going away. So he decided to email patreon saying Ashley was under 18 for some reason, Patreon took one look at ashley and said "Yep, you gotta change her". I asked how and why, she's obviously over 18 and they would know that if they played the game, but patreon staff doesnt, so they said "Together with the fact that she has small breasts and that shirt means you have to change one of them." Which is almost word for word. So I opted to change her shirt, and that was the end of that.
My god, but patreon would hate my current gf.

• Haha
Reactions: coyotegrey

Tdaa

Jan 19, 2021
Which is almost word for word. So I opted to change her shirt, and that was the end of that.
Do you still have screenshots of Ashley in a blue shirt?

And maybe they already wrote, but I have one model Ashley with brown hair when she goes to bed with the main character? And when he wakes up already blonde with ponytails?

Sorry for my English.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
So I read on twitter that new update entered pre release stages. Thing is, in some games, that would mean update in 3 days, in some, a week, month etc. What is the general trend in this game at this point? So I do not have to keep checking every day with anticipation (very rough eta is enough).

Oldtoothlessbasterd

Jan 7, 2019
Kulman Second time I've quoted myself with this exact message!.

Usually expect an update every three months unless Runey says otherwise!.
At least that's been how it is since I've been here, so last 4-5 updates!.
one was a bit longer but Runey said it was going to be weeks before it was due.
Not sure how close i am But its almost like...
Main Update is released,
1-2 days later bugfix update is released
1-2 days later second bugfix update is released if needed. (Usually this kills any last bugs)
1st week after update - Runey takes a weeks break.
2nd week after update - Returns from weeks break and plans next release
3rd week to 1 month after update - Work begins on next update.
2nd month after update - Initial Alpha release for patrons for BUG TESTING!. (This version can break saves!)
More work is done to content during this period and major bugs are fixed!.
So Alpha patron release is usually missing final content it is meant for bugtesting!.
3rd month after up date - next update is finalized and released
and the we start the cycle again!
"At least this is how the process seems to go from my perspective and observations"

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Do you still have screenshots of Ashley in a blue shirt?

And maybe they already wrote, but I have one model Ashley with brown hair when she goes to bed with the main character? And when he wakes up already blonde with ponytails?

Sorry for my English.
The Ashley in bed thing is the lighting, her hair doesn't change colour but the lighting does because it's night time.

Reactions: TheDevian

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
Can anyone tell me how to avoid all the lesbian, semi-lesbian scenes in the game? Everything involving girl on girl since I've just seen too much of two girls getting all lesbian for no reason in a harem game. It's almost like I'm a minority when it comes to only wanting straight scene in a harem hentai game. Anyways, thanks in advance

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Might I ask that who is gonna have that scene or all of em?
Lesbian relationships aren't that scary, if you like two tits, get ready for four!
And no, we can't list every single event in game that has two or more girls touching each other. This is a harem game, you should expect at least some of the women to have sexy times with other women. These scenes are a minority though, Maria is a bisexual character

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
Lesbian relationships aren't that scary, if you like two tits, get ready for four!
And no, we can't list every single event in game that has two or more girls touching each other. This is a harem game, you should expect that.
oh ur the developer, ye well I guess that's fair that u don't want to spoil anything. It sucks a little bit that the game has touching moments like the one with Kali or even Liz. I've just seen too many harem games (not only hentai) with lesbian scenes, not to trigger anyone but as a writer myself, it just create this kind of conflicted feelings cuz u know I've seen harem hentai games with no lesbian (one girl devoted to one man, but harem is just a lot more girls devoted to that man without touching other girls kinda thing) (so there is possibility). Ur game is still very good btw that's why i think that it maybe worthit to rant a bit on a hentai harem game thread (since I'm pretty much the minority here) cuz I guess lesbian scenes are like the purpose for hentai harem games as of hentai game's standards. Just a random opinion from a random user, food for thoughts. Oh well, still a very good game nonetheless

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes