EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
According to the Information tab, I still have story events this update with Eli, Emma, and Felicity, yet I cannot figure out anything that could trigger them.

Also, what are the trigger criteria for the 9th and 10th bar events? I finished the spanking progression with Ji-yeong and got an event with her going on a date, but stuck at getting 9 and 10.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
According to the Information tab, I still have story events this update with Eli, Emma, and Felicity, yet I cannot figure out anything that could trigger them.

Also, what are the trigger criteria for the 9th and 10th bar events? I finished the spanking progression with Ji-yeong and got an event with her going on a date, but stuck at getting 9 and 10.
Most events have simple requirements, these being: Wait a few days after the last one, location must be specific, or time must be specific.

I can only help if I know what number you're on, so for the 9th bar event, go into the bar in the evening. For the 10th bar event, be in your room in the evening.

As a developer, it's hard to play the game like a player. So I'm sort of assuming the player walks around the hotel to see what's going on, it's my hope that you naturally come across these events.

Snythboi

Jun 25, 2020
So I made some patch files for the original (not the more compressed ones) PC version of Harem Hotel. It update an old version of the game to a newer version of it.
It could also work for other OS, but it is not tested and I will not support them. For more see the Q & A section below.

Open and extract the content from the game main folder and overwritte all files if asked.
Also some patch may need that you delete some files, thus read the README.txt.
Used it at your own risk.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • From 0.11.2 to 0.12
    , ,

PS: I certained need a faster PC.:ROFLMAO:
PPS: If someone want to made a programm for me that can compare the two game folder and automatic made a patch folder, I would very much appreciate it.
PPPS: Runey To press every last bits out of an achrive you could switch from zip to 7z archive. I could shrink it from 5'116'723 KB to 5'073'822 KB, more possible but I then I need a faster PC.:LOL: (my current settings want 11 GB RAM, more insanse settings want over 32 GB)
PPPPS: If someone have a problem with the patch, ping me
PPPPPS: I do this only for "full" release, no alpha, no beta and no pre-release!
PPPPPPS: Just for the fun of it:ROFLMAO:
Hey man i did all of the instructions on the folder but when i run the game it always give me tracetrack and saying
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc/game/script.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'game/animations_and_flags.rpy', 1547521970, 1) is defined twice, at game/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/animations_and_flags.rpy', 1547521970, 1) is defined twice, at game/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Mon Mar 15 00:16:55 2021
can you help man?

• Sad
Reactions: c3p0

Snythboi

Jun 25, 2020
btw
Most events have simple requirements, these being: Wait a few days after the last one, location must be specific, or time must be specific.

I can only help if I know what number you're on, so for the 9th bar event, go into the bar in the evening. For the 10th bar event, be in your room in the evening.

As a developer, it's hard to play the game like a player. So I'm sort of assuming the player walks around the hotel to see what's going on, it's my hope that you naturally come across these events.
btw hey man can i move my previous ver saves into 0.12? idk i used a 0.11.2 to 0.12 patch by c3p0 and now its always giving me tracebacks

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hey man i did all of the instructions on the folder but when i run the game it always give me tracetrack and saying
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc/game/script.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "D:\usb\Killzone_Liberation_EUR_PSP-pSyPSP\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Mon Mar 15 00:16:55 2021
can you help man?
Somehow I've expected this, after I have tear apart my patch srcipt in the latest days.
Currently I'm working on a overhaul of my script.

From what I see, at least the error is a double file definition, comes and the "game/animations_and_flags.rpy" file comes from a previous version.
You must delete it, as well as other files:

If it won't work, then I would recommand a new installation with the upcoming 0.12.1 from Runey. You don't need to transfer your saves as they are in a separate place (at least for the Windows version).

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
btw

btw hey man can i move my previous ver saves into 0.12? idk i used a 0.11.2 to 0.12 patch by c3p0 and now its always giving me tracebacks
The error you received and that question are linked, merging files will break things. Simply download, install, launch, and load your saves on v0.12 (assuming you're on PC)

The error you posted says you have two versions of the same scripts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Snythboi

Jun 25, 2020
Somehow I've expected this, after I have tear apart my patch srcipt in the latest days.
Currently I'm working on a overhaul of my script.

From what I see, at least the error is a double file definition, comes and the "game/animations_and_flags.rpy" file comes from a previous version.
You must delete it, as well as other files:

If it won't work then I would recommand a new installation with the upcoming 0.12.1 from Runey. You don't need to transfer your saves as they are in a separate place (at least for the Windows version).
not still working man every time traceback appear a new name file appear when i deleted that file another one will appear

kc8803

Jan 6, 2020
for those can't use their save because of lacking an update of walk through mod:
load up a save in old ver game with mod,
close the overlay/window of the mod,
save,
load up the save in latest ver,
???
profit

at least this is how I did to use my old save

Reactions: capitanqueso

katmandomo

Feb 10, 2018
I will say this update seems to have way more things trigger on their own instead of the old system of going to their door and using the *advance story* option. It is a little frustrating from a player perspective because we don't know if we're just waiting for some arbitrary number of days to pass or if we're missing something. This leads to searching every single location every day (very tedious) thinking that maybe we've missed something.

HellBound243

Sep 1, 2020
The money code is only for Patreons now.
You need to spend money to make money

:p
Well thats unfortunate but understandable. I finished the game a long time ago and lost the save files. The cheat would at least help me progress faster. Welp Time to Pour hours in this Masterpiece.

4.70 star(s) 444 Votes