Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Came back to this game after a year or so. Originally my complaint earlier in this thread was Ashley being irritating. Well hot damn the Dev really made her story great!

But as far as the other story... Goddammit this elf-business is getting stupider and stupider and stupider. What started out as a nice little harem game has turned into a full blown "lets emancipate a race"-crusade. Seriously?

It's stupid. And the twist with maria is stupid. And you can't even avoid the stupid parts because all characters are tied to it one way or the other.

Such a shame because I like the characters and the setting but I can't stand the righteous crusading the story has turned into. We get it. Slavery bad. Everybody realized it hundreds of years ago. So irritating.
I don't think this game is for you if you don't want a serious story. Broadly speaking it's about fighting an oppressive world.

BTW, there are more slaves in the world right now than at any point in history, 1/4th are children. So it's only gotten worse actually.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Or, hear me out, you could get a downloader, like Jdownloader2, and get much the same result, without anyone else having to do anything else, including seed.

...and also, not use mega, try nopy or something.
I always use Jdownloader these days. Mega won't work for me w it, but I don't mind. It's really nice for scheduling/resuming multiple downloads.

Reactions: voyeurkind

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I always use Jdownloader these days. Mega won't work for me w it, but I don't mind. It's really nice for scheduling/resuming multiple downloads.

Maga works with it, it's just that the links here are masked, so you can't just copy it, you have to follow it first, the other hosts are easier.
How can i buy the autumn outfit,my autumn just level 1 friendship, and i use the apk to play 0.12.1.
There is nothing to buy yet.
And her "pajamas" when you visit her at night.
Be a nice one to be able to pick for her and the twins until we unlock more too... ;)

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
I don't think this game is for you if you don't want a serious story. Broadly speaking it's about fighting an oppressive world.

BTW, there are more slaves in the world right now than at any point in history, 1/4th are children. So it's only gotten worse actually.
In shithole countries maybe. Every single civilized nation bar China has outlawed slavery and actively combats it. So you are preaching to the choir.

Secondly, Serious story?
ummm no.

Ashleys and the twins backgrounds and how it has affected what they are today? That is good, serious storytelling with payoff.
The androids struggles with what she is and how the world perceives her? That is good, serious storytelling with a (hopefully) good payoff.

Kali's struggles with her family name and the responsibilities and the advantages it has given her? That is good, serious storytelling with a (hopefully) good pay off.

The whole elvish liberation story that has started to bleed over to characters not involved in any way like ashley through the fairies and Maria due to that stupidass twist and Kali's fathers elfbots? That is just stupid, preachy and uninteresting.

You are clearly capable of creating engaging stories with good, relatable characters. shame you are throwing it all away for a story that is just unnecessary and silly.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
In shithole countries maybe. Every single civilized nation bar China has outlawed slavery and actively combats it. So you are preaching to the choir.

Secondly, Serious story?
ummm no.

Ashleys and the twins backgrounds and how it has affected what they are today? That is good, serious storytelling with payoff.
The androids struggles with what she is and how the world perceives her? That is good, serious storytelling with a (hopefully) good payoff.

Kali's struggles with her family name and the responsibilities and the advantages it has given her? That is good, serious storytelling with a (hopefully) good pay off.

The whole elvish liberation story that has started to bleed over to characters not involved in any way like ashley through the fairies and Maria due to that stupidass twist and Kali's fathers elfbots? That is just stupid, preachy and uninteresting.

You are clearly capable of creating engaging stories with good, relatable characters. shame you are throwing it all away for a story that is just unnecessary and silly.
Um, okay. I don't know why it matters what country these people are from, they're still people. I don't know why you're so against a story that's anti slavery, but please feel free to completely ignore Harem Hotel going forward.

Feb 14, 2021

Secondly, Serious story?
ummm no.

Yeah, no. Slavery goes on still in (probably) nearly every country in the world in various forms. Just because it is illegal does not mean it doesn't exist. And just because governments fight it, the fact that it does broadly still exist, means they are either ineffective and/or complicit.

I will also agree to disagree on the story line in this game. I like it, even with the parts I don't, because it is attempting something larger. I like the connections to other characters. I like the weaving and through lines.

DonTirri

Jan 9, 2018
Um, okay. I don't know why it matters what country these people are from, they're still people. I don't know why you're so against a story that's anti slavery, but please feel free to completely ignore Harem Hotel going forward.
Because it detracts from all the good your game has. All the other things you've set up so well. All tossed aside because you are hellbent on telling a story that is uninspired, predictable and preachy.

Shame to see a good game get ruined.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Secondly, Serious story?
ummm no.

167 countries still have slavery, affecting about 46 million people, including India, which has about 18.4million slaves... It also exists illegally in the rest of the world, even the US.

Most of that has been there the whole time, other parts have been hinted at for years if you are good at picking up clues. Slavery is a huge part of the plot, and it affects everyone in their country in one way or another.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Android's event is coded to happen last because she becomes locked. Meaning she wouldn't be able to show up in the other events she's in during v0.12 if that wasn't the case.
That... makes sense, actually. I did read the in-game warning but didn't consider that particular implication at the time*.
Am I correct in assuming then that this particular portion of her story will have less strict coding in the future/final version of the game?

*It was past 5 AM and I hadn't had coffee in over 24 hours. Please don't make me wear the dunce hat.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
That... makes sense, actually. I did read the in-game warning but didn't consider that particular implication at the time*.
Am I correct in assuming then that this particular portion of her story will have less strict coding in the future/final version of the game?

*It was past 5 AM and I hadn't had coffee in over 24 hours. Please don't make me wear the dunce hat.
Right, it's only that way for v0.12 so the story experience is better for players playing v0.12.

Feb 14, 2021
I have a request, Runey. And maybe I just haven't seen them yet, but could you have more anal scenes that are not just doggy? Cowgirl? Reverse?

:)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I have a request, Runey. And maybe I just haven't seen them yet, but could you have more anal scenes that are not just doggy? Cowgirl? Reverse?

:)
What do you mean, like missionary?

That was that initial one with Lin, her first time sleeping with him (like to be able to repeat that one), where she is on her side and he is behind her.
From what I know Honey Select is very limited here. So, blame this strong-willed japanese people, who censor this and make every others perve life hard.:ROFLMAO:
It depends, you can actually do something similar to daz, but at lot of devs even struggle with the built in ones.

If you remember, the early animations here were done by Runey manually posing a few frames and just slowing flipping between them. Then he figured out how to work with the preset animations that the engine has built in. And most recently IIRC, he figured out how to work in the timeline and create his own full animations.

I have even seen at least one other dev manage to do 'gaping' openings, rather than clipping the dick into them. You can actually do a lot in there, but figuring it out can be a challenge, since so much of it is in Japanese. XD

That said, making your own, takes a lot more time and work...

Reactions: imzahai
Feb 14, 2021
From what I know Honey Select is very limited here. So, blame this strong-willed japanese people, who censor this and make every others perve life hard.:ROFLMAO:
I can see how Honey Select would limit it. One of the best decision Runey made was to hide the MCs face. I get that it is a pervy medium aimed at making pretty females, but good lord, the male facial models are just terrible. :LOL:

4.70 star(s) 449 Votes