GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
I really like this game, but I feel it slowly becoming to much hateful and too much drama
The thing with the elf queen, what's going on with everyone and now what happened to Maria.
It can all get too emotionally tiring.

I also hope that the doctor gets some comeback, regardless what the excuses are.
You can't just show us an unlikable b*tch who takes glee in the suffering of someone the players care and let her walk ways without any repercussions.
Regardless how many lawful and logical defenses one uses, no fan will just swallow that and move on.

I can't tell you how many times a hateful character ruined a whole show or game for me.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
There are no excuses. What I am saying is that according to our modern real world legal framework she would be considered equally bad as say the janitor whose job it was to clean the place every night. And that I can't stand by that. She needs to be singled out as evil and suffer for it. But we need to be selective about doing so to ensure we only punish those like her lest we become the same uncompromising evil we are fighting.

Also, like, seriously dev. We have an elf living in our home that is known for her infiltration skills and has committed cold hard murder of a tied up guy in front of the MC. Can't we ask her to do us a solid about that nurse?

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
There are no excuses. What I am saying is that according to our modern real world legal framework she would be considered equally bad as say the janitor whose job it was to clean the place every night. And that I can't stand by that. She needs to be singled out as evil and suffer for it. But we need to be selective about doing so to ensure we only punish those like her lest we become the same uncompromising evil we are fighting.

Also, like, seriously dev. We have an elf living in our home that is known for her infiltration skills and has committed cold hard murder of a tied up guy in front of the MC. Can't we ask her to do us a solid about that nurse?
I didn't think about using Nia specifically on her, but at the same time (as much as the nurse deserves a scare) I'm afraid of what it will result from in the long run. Vengeance is a powerful tool but from my own personal experiences I know it can also be dangerous as well if used carelessly. I say this because of what would happen to the rest of the women and MC if it all goes south even if Nia is successful. I know how vengeance is satisfying but stressful at the same time so if you Runey would even consider payback against the nurse be careful with how you do it.

Reactions: c3p0

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I didn't think about using Nia specifically on her, but at the same time (as much as the nurse deserves a scare) I'm afraid of what it will result from in the long run. Vengeance is a powerful tool but from my own personal experiences I know it can also be dangerous as well if used carelessly. I say this because of what would happen to the rest of the women and MC if it all goes south even if Nia is successful. I know how vengeance is satisfying but stressful at the same time so if you Runey would even consider payback against the nurse be careful with how you do it.
True that. I guess doing it just now when the wound is still fresh would make us the obvious suspect. But give it a couple years, let her relax and forget all about it and than one night when she is walking home BAM.

And while we are at it the target need not by necessity be her. We could instead stalk her, investigate her, see if she has a family of her own or some loved ones or a pet. And than arrange for an accident. Loosing a child or similar would be a fitting beginning to her punishment.

Well, we have an Android that can hack other androids...
So maybe, dunno...hack a security one...make it look like an accident? >:D

Am I sounding like a villain?…<_<…>_>…
Some would say good vs evil is not a question of deeds but of their victims.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I have to admit, the events with Maria surprised the HELL out of me. It also upset me enough that I almost totally gave up on this game.

That being said, I am hoping that sometime within the story this attitudes regarding Elves and Half-Elves will eventually be capable of changing, and that the sadistic bastards who profited from the system will be served as they deserve.

Runey, I hope you are not planning any more of those kinds of surprises for us. It would be VERY disappointing considering I have used your game as an example of a great game and - while it takes a while, an example of somewhat decent update times.
I'm glad that event upset you, that was the intended effect. And rest assured, it will only make the justice that much sweeter ;)

And there will definitely be justice, I hope I'm able to make it as emotionally satisfying as I've been able to make the opposite. Everyone needs a reason to be angry at the world, or else they'll just be tag alongs and no better than side characters within the main story. They all probably won't hit you the same though.

Without this sort of loss, I don't think the gain would feel as good.

I really like this game, but I feel it slowly becoming to much hateful and too much drama
The thing with the elf queen, what's going on with everyone and now what happened to Maria.
It can all get too emotionally tiring.

I also hope that the doctor gets some comeback, regardless what the excuses are.
You can't just show us an unlikable b*tch who takes glee in the suffering of someone the players care and let her walk ways without any repercussions.
Regardless how many lawful and logical defenses one uses, no fan will just swallow that and move on.

I can't tell you how many times a hateful character ruined a whole show or game for me.
Along with the above, I do consider this story to be semi serious. The hateful world needs to be shown off so you and the characters have solid reason to fight against it. These examples won't go on forever though. Drama in the story can be expected though. From the beginning til the end. But to be extra clear, it won't always be drama. I plan for Lin's stuff to be lighthearted, maybe heartwarming in v0.13. A nice and deserving break after a win. (protecting the Owl Clan)

As for the doctor, there's a special place in hell for people like that. I don't want this conversion to turn into 'that conversation', but if you take a second look at her, you may be able to tell what ideology she's inspired from. The writing is on the walls, after all.

I don't have any immediate plans for her to show up again, so it may be awhile. But I definitely don't plan for her to be a "loose end".

Oddly enough, the hospital is more guarded than the old warehouse full of old war droids. There are active police droids within the hospital, whereas the warehouse was guarded by human guards and maintenance. Poor governing on the State's part, but you can see where their priorities lie. Oppressing elves (and providing great healthcare for humans) over fighting wars with humans. In the end, finding new slaves is more profitable.

But you weren't asking for Nia to save Maria, you want revenge which I understand ;)

She could theoretically kidnap her at home. As Dragon1982 mentioned, vengeance isn't the best option but it is something Nia would do. As this conversation has gone on, I've realized the Doctor could be involved in one of Nia's missions. I think it's a perfect opportunity actually, we already have the bad guy.

True that. I guess doing it just now when the wound is still fresh would make us the obvious suspect. But give it a couple years, let her relax and forget all about it and than one night when she is walking home BAM.
This happens all the time, as Nia says. Maria is a fairly exceptional case but not one that would obviously stand out as suspect if Nia were to take matters into her own hands.

PuregoldSTF

Jul 25, 2017
Anyone knows the new cheat codes for money? The cheat codes provided by sites seems to not work
Anyone knows the new cheat codes for money? The cheat codes provided by sites seems to not work
Current Harem Hotel cheat codes as of 12.2 below

• makeitrain = Gives you $1,000
  • makeitstorm = Gives you $999,999

• jumptoend_lin = Maxes out Lin’s stats
  • jumptoend_kali = Maxes out Kali’s stats
  • jumptoend_ash = Maxes out Ashley’s stats
  • jumptoend_maria = Maxes out Maria’s stats
  • jumptoend_bot = Maxes out Android’s stats
  • jumptoend_F&E = Maxes out Felicity & Emma’s stats
  • jumptoend_autumn = Maxes out Autumn’s stats

• slaveroute_nia = Changes Nia’s route to the Slave Route
  • loveroute_nia = Changes Nia’s route to the Love Route
  • slaveroute_sylvia = Changes Sylvia’s route to the Slave Route
  • loveroute_sylvia = Changes Sylvia’s route to the Love Route

• changename = Changes your name
For the original comment, and for anyone who stumbles upon this.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
But you weren't asking for Nia to save Maria, you want revenge which I understand ;)
Well yea. I mean, you wanted the MC to be a surrogate for the player. And as a person that's pretty much what I'd do.

To put it directly I am the sort of guy that newer forgives. Not ever. I ain't easy to anger but when you cross a line I hold a grudge to the day I die. And that's in my real life where I haven't exactly met any violence or outright evil on this scale. Or any scale to be frank. So yea, this woman is lucky that the MC isn't like me. Or else your game would have to include some seriously messed up epilogue.

We are talking about stuff on the scale of telling Nia to keep an eye out on her for when her childrens children have a puppy and than have her kill it. And them while she is at it just for good measure. And than bottle the tears of her children as they cry for her grand kids and take that bottle to my grave. And than draw a smiley face on my gravestone with their blood to commemorate the event.

And yes, I am perfectly fine with dying before it all plays out. If that's what it takes for maximum effect so be it. This is not about satisfaction. It's about the principal. And I've already sacrificed far too much quality on the altar of expedience in my life. Seriously... I work in software development...

Thankfully for everyone involved the MC ain't me because somehow I imagine that generations long blood feuds do not fit into your theme. :)

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

She could theoretically kidnap her at home. As Dragon1982 mentioned, vengeance isn't the best option but it is something Nia would do. As this conversation has gone on, I've realized the Doctor could be involved in one of Nia's missions. I think it's a perfect opportunity actually, we already have the bad guy.
Personally, I would think that the best option there would be to follow her a bit as she is leaving, maybe her car could have an accident, something like that. Depends on if you want to make it fast or slow, make her maybe regret some of her life choices first. :cool:

Reactions: Kane_Freeman

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Personally, I would think that the best option there would be to follow her a bit as she is leaving, maybe her car could have an accident, something like that. Depends on if you want to make it fast or slow, make her maybe regret some of her life choices first. :cool:
Again though, no rush. The longest I had to wait IRL was a couple decades. I can wait... :devilish:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
For people like that, death by accident is too merciful and an easy way out after what they did. With some persuasion, I'm sure Kali could be convinced to get her dad (or she might even be able to do so herself, or heck, even the android might) to alter some piece of information somewhere that marks that particular doctor as a runaway half elf as well. Then we swoop in, purchase her, and after some choice gloating and treatment, make her a permanent fixture of the dungeon. I'm sure Jin would love a permanent playmate. Hell, go all the way and leave Maria alone with her in the room with a whip in hand, see where the wind takes her.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
For people like that, death by accident is too merciful and an easy way out after what they did. With some persuasion, I'm sure Kali could be convinced to get her dad (or she might even be able to do so herself, or heck, even the android might) to alter some piece of information somewhere that marks that particular doctor as a runaway half elf as well. Then we swoop in, purchase her, and after some choice gloating and treatment, make her a permanent fixture of the dungeon. I'm sure Jin would love a permanent playmate. Hell, go all the way and leave Maria alone with her in the room with a whip in hand, see where the wind takes her.
Given her current state of mind I am not sure leaving her alone with her tormentor would be a good idea. Like what if the wind does take her my way... She does not strike me as a girl that could live with that.

JJJ4544

Nov 26, 2017
currently i have noticed that new icons have been carrying viruses with them, is it possible to put the old icons in your game? Just my opinion, my friend.

And no, not is clean, my friend.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Again though, no rush. The longest I had to wait IRL was a couple decades. I can wait... :devilish:
I am nothing if not patient.
Hacking for Humanity!
I never had intended to start a charity, but I like it!
currently i have noticed that new icons have been carrying viruses with them, is it possible to put the old icons in your game? Just my opinion, my friend.

And no, not is clean, my friend.
What? What icons are you talking about? Nothing from here has a virus, they all get checked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kane_Freeman

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It seem I'm the only one that is not on a vengeance path.
I see the point in making that bitch suffering, can understand, but it doesn't serve us other than statisfiying our lust of vengeance. Taking it out on her children or family brings us to the same level she and the state is.

Additional in regard to the public opinion I tend to believe that it would help for our case if our act of revenge would become generally know.
Also, if I would take action of vengeance on here, it must be action taken by the staat, not from us. As another written, make her a half elf without rights, put her through the mashine.
Put it wouldn't change the system that allows such people to exist. She is as much to blame as the whole system.

Personnaly I don't care about her. The opposite of like or love is not hate, it is ignoring someone one entirely. And that I would do - after she is marked as a half elf.:cautious:
I care about Maria much, much more than about this bitch that does her job. Surely she does it in a worst possible way and take personnal enjoyment out of discriminate and toture other, but she is objective speaking working in the parameter of the law. That doesn't make it anything better, same as all other episode where mankind or fortunately only part of - and unfortunately sometimes a big part of it - had enslave, discriminate , torture and killed other humans because of lunatic arguments.

Apr 16, 2020
I see the point in making that bitch suffering, can understand, but it doesn't serve us other than statisfiying our lust of vengeance. Taking it out on her children or family brings us to the same level she and the state is.

Additional in regard to the public opinion I tend to believe that it would help for our case if our act of revenge would become generally know.
Also, if I would take action of vengeance on here, it must be action taken by the staat, not from us. As another written, make her a half elf without rights, put her through the mashine.
Put it wouldn't change the system that allows such people to exist. She is as much to blame as the whole system.

Personnaly I don't care about her. The opposite of like or love is not hate, it is ignoring someone one entirely. And that I would do - after she is marked as a half elf.:cautious:
I care about Maria much, much more than about this bitch that does her job. Surely she does it in a worst possible way and take personnal enjoyment out of discriminate and toture other, but she is objective speaking working in the parameter of the law. That doesn't make it anything better, same as all other episode where mankind or fortunately only part of - and unfortunately sometimes a big part of it - had enslave, discriminate , torture and killed other humans because of lunatic arguments.
Hate to be that guy but the opposite of love is indeed hatred- just like the opposite of liking something is to dislike. The whole indifference stuff doesn't correlate with neither love nor hate anyway, it's a neutral emotion for a reason. I haven't gone through much of the story yet but from what these posts hinted at she's had it coming. I do agree that bringing anybody else that isn't her into it is shitty, especially if it's innocent family members but I doubt even Runey would go that dark route. That's just me.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Personally, I don't care about her. The opposite of like or love is not hate, it is ignoring someone one entirely. And that I would do - after she is marked as a half elf.:cautious:
Let's be fair, with her looks and personality, the odds of her having kids is pretty low, and even if she did, they might thank us for getting her out of their life. Hahaha She looked like she was no spring chicken anyway, so if she did have kids, I doubt they would be young.

Personally, I prefer ...correcting her behavior.

That said, to play devil';s advocate, the vengeance would serve at least one other purpose, it would mean one less sadistic bitch having power over people.
Hate to be that guy but the opposite of love is indeed hatred- just like the opposite of liking something is to dislike. The whole indifference stuff doesn't correlate with neither love nor hate anyway, it's a neutral emotion for a reason. I haven't gone through much of the story yet but from what these posts hinted at she's had it coming. I do agree that bringing anybody else that isn't her into it is shitty, especially if it's innocent family members but I doubt even Runey would go that dark route. That's just me.
Actually, the opposite of love is jealousy. You can love and hate someone at the same time. You can also love your family, even if you don't like some of them very much.

I dislike the woman very much, she is a very ugly person both inside and out, but on top of punishing her, I want her to be a better person (assuming she survives, if not, the world is a better place anyway...). :cautious:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Actually, the opposite of love is jealousy. You can love and hate someone at the same time. You can also love your family, even if you don't like some of them very much.
Well, love, hate, jealousy all are emotions and they need my time and occupy my mind. For this bitch, it is not worth. I don't want that this one has that much of an inrfluence over me.

Kill her, make her an half elf, don't do anything abnout her. I don't care. If Maria wants revenge on the bitch, I will be the last that stand between her and her goal and I'm willing to help her to achieve it. For myself this bitch simple cease to exist. Therefore if it would be better for the word I can kill her, torture her, .... without a slight of remorse or emotional attachment to her.:eek:

May 26, 2018
I'm glad that event upset you, that was the intended effect. And rest assured, it will only make the justice that much sweeter ;)

And there will definitely be justice, I hope I'm able to make it as emotionally satisfying as I've been able to make the opposite. Everyone needs a reason to be angry at the world, or else they'll just be tag alongs and no better than side characters within the main story. They all probably won't hit you the same though.

Without this sort of loss, I don't think the gain would feel as good.
no, the opposite of love is indifference. If you love someone, you are emotionally involved, if you hate them, you are STILL emotionally involved. BUT... if you are indifferent, you are disconnected to the point that nothing they say, do, try to say or do, or anything else makes any difference to you. Even if they suddenly fell in love with you; you not only would not care, but it really would not effect you in any way what-so-ever.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes