jiheishouggnore

Oct 6, 2020
I'm not sure what I can do in this situation. I've been playing .10.2 compressed and tried jumping to .12.2 compressed but it seems as though my saves don't work. The .12.2 compression post mentioned lain's mod and I've been using that so I don't think that's the problem. I tried version .12 and that also didn't work. I was going to try patching several times from .10.2 to .12.2 but the patch post specified they were not using the compressed version. I don't know if that means there would be any issue when patching several times or not. Are my only options to try patching several times up to .12.2 or to restart my game?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Usually you can patch to your hearts content. It should all end up the same way and it shouldn't make a difference if you use 0.12.2 or 0.12 + patch to 0.12.2 or ...
Yet, I can't say that it works on compression version or not, simple that I don't used the compressed version. Additional I don't really see a need for a compress versions patchs (and much to much work, cause of changing retainers).
So, it all comes down to it:
  • use the current, full and original version from Runey
  • use an old full and original version from Runey and a patch of mine
  • use a current, full, but a much more compressed version
Which path you take is your choice.

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
When I talk to Kate she asks me how I am then it give a prompt to write something is their something I should enter?

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
When I talk to Kate she asks me how I am then it give a prompt to write something is their something I should enter?
You gave her one letter answers before. Do those letter spell something? Maybe they do if you start with the last answer and work back?

IceNeo2

Jun 23, 2018
You gave her one letter answers before. Do those letter spell something? Maybe they do if you start with the last answer and work back?
Yikes wished I remembered them... Only remember the last two if barely...
Edit - Never mind found out using previous saves though why it one of those freakish fetish... I hope the creator isn't planning to add it... That aside I thought there were 7 new riddles not 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
I found a bug. "Day 295" remains on display when I sleep with Lin. Even in the sandbox, it says "Day 295" in the middle of the screen.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
My friend, this is my last contact about this game. Other game offer old icon without virus in compressed option, you can do this too, if you want.
I have nothing to do with making this game, but this icon is NOT infected with ANYTHING. It is a false positive. The problem is your anti virus.

The compressed version is not put out by the dev and he is not responsible for anything related to it.

No one else here has this problem, we are all using it just fine. The problem is on your end, it is not the game, nor the dev's fault. He can't fix your problem for you. Get rid of Avira, just use Avast, and your false positive problem will vanish. Or keep doing the same thing and get the same results.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
I have a anti-virus , this anti virus protect me for virus for years is avira , this anti virus o have false virus, or is virus or not, if is this antivirus get and not realease, if not, this anti virus get free. And i complete with avast too.
My friend, this is my last contact about this game. Other game offer old icon without virus in compressed option, you can do this too, if you want.

I abandoned Avira years ago for a reason. Avast is.. okay (I prefer prevention at the source (secure browser, most scripting minimalized or even disabled, and a modified Hosts file for ad blocking) rather than after-the-fact). But as you can see, they both report nothing detected. This is also when they aren't both running at the same time. As TheDevian said, multiple antiviruses at the same time is going to cause issues.

Feel free to upload your specific copy of the Harem Hotel exe to the website. If the hash ID isn't the same, then you should redownload from a clean link. I just redownloaded the NoPY one to test and post this.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Caught up on a LOT of comments since i was last here and most of it were around the doctor and her actions with a certain spoiler character lol. Lets be frank - there should be NO revenge plot, its how the system works in the game regarding half elves - Runey i think crafted the scene as so to remind the players how half elves are treated in society of his world... it was something he likely felt compelled to do to really hit the message home as hes not covered that in the story much at all yet save one whom we know married to a multi-billionaire and was loved by her husband so yeah not the greatest example of mistreatment coming from the union of a human and an elf.

Sure he has foreshadowed they get it rough but sometimes actions speak louder than words so the scene did as intended (even if i loathe he chose THAT character to do it with, i dont want another long depressive arc for a main character in Harem Hotel as i dont feel every single one of them should have one yet it seems feeling be damned, every main girl will have a shitty life or past life whether we want it or not lol).

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Caught up on a LOT of comments since i was last here and most of it were around the doctor and her actions with a certain spoiler character lol. Lets be frank - there should be NO revenge plot, its how the system works in the game regarding half elves - Runey i think crafted the scene as so to remind the players how half elves are treated in society of his world... it was something he likely felt compelled to do to really hit the message home as hes not covered that in the story much at all yet save one whom we know married to a multi-billionaire and was loved by her husband so yeah not the greatest example of mistreatment coming from the union of a human and an elf.
I generally agree. It just works better that way from a long term narrative standpoint. Irregardless of our emotional responses.
Revenge would sadly achieve nothing for us on account of the fact that she is but one among myriad. :(

Not unless he does something extra and like makes her a recurring villain or something. Which he did hint at.

Either way, like the sheer emotional response this game gets out of me is frightening. I don't recall ever being this invested in a product.

Sure he has foreshadowed they get it rough but sometimes actions speak louder than words so the scene did as intended (even if i loathe he chose THAT character to do it with, i dont want another long depressive arc for a main character in Harem Hotel as i dont feel every single one of them should have one yet it seems feeling be damned, every main girl will have a shitty life or past life whether we want it or not lol).
At the very least we can rest assured that they have found love in the here and now. For now. How ever fleeting that might be. As all things are and must be.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skode and Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Kind of have to disagree there, she is not just a product of her environment, she is an ugly, evil, abusive cunt, who takes pleasure in hurting others (in a non-concentual way). Even if you ignore the whole revenge thing, taking her out of a position of power is doing the world a favor on almost every possible level.
Hello runey when do you plan to start on the next update
He is starting to plan it now.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Kind of have to disagree there, she is not just a product of her environment, she is an ugly, evil, abusive cunt, who takes pleasure in hurting others (in a non-concentual way). Even if you ignore the whole revenge thing, taking her out of a position of power is doing the world a favor on almost every possible level.
While I agree, I think he means that even if that particular doctor were to be removed by whichever means, her superiors would quickly just pick up a resume and find someone else to replace her with within the hour, who, for all we know, may turn out to be even worse somehow. With that perspective in mind, taking revenge only on her would serve no tangible purpose or have no benefit other than personal satisfaction (which I'm still all in for, btw) since she's just a tiny, invisible drop in an ocean full of bigoted douches.
On the other hand, Nia has the right idea but goes about it in the completely wrong way. I ended up shaking her hand near the end but I have to admit I hesitated for a moment. It felt like I was choosing the lesser of two evils to fight a greater evil. Some real DBZ shit right there.

Reactions: c3p0
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes