TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
While I agree, I think he means that even if that particular doctor were to be removed by whichever means, her superiors would quickly just pick up a resume and find someone else to replace her with within the hour, who, for all we know, may turn out to be even worse somehow. With that perspective in mind, taking revenge only on her would serve no tangible purpose or have no benefit other than personal satisfaction (which I'm still all in for, btw) since she's just a tiny, invisible drop in an ocean full of bigoted douches.
On the other hand, Nia has the right idea but goes about it in the completely wrong way. I ended up shaking her hand near the end but I have to admit I hesitated for a moment. It felt like I was choosing the lesser of two evils to fight a greater evil. Some real DBZ shit right there.
Yeah, someone would replace her right away, they may be worse, but maybe not, hard to say. And depending on how it goes down, it could even make things worse, like making a supervillan kind of backstory situation. But that all depends on how much detail we want to go into it. I still say it is better to try.

It could be just a short scene, where we have a little talk with Nia/Sui, and the next day, we chat again with her telling us it's done.

I don't disagree with you, I did the same, but I figure the more power we gather, the better her methods can become. She does what she does out of desperation, so the more help he get her and the more of a network we build, I think we can make that all so much better. But you have to start somewhere, and she has rarely had people she could rely on before. The more we work with her, the less 'evil' her 'evil' will become.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Kind of have to disagree there, she is not just a product of her environment, she is an ugly, evil, abusive cunt, who takes pleasure in hurting others (in a non-concentual way). Even if you ignore the whole revenge thing, taking her out of a position of power is doing the world a favor on almost every possible level.

He is starting to plan it now.
I take it more an observation that THIS is the games societal norm for the half elves. Were the actions of the doctor deplorable? absolutely and i was angered seeing them in action but i also consider this game take on very serious issues pertaining things like slaves and glorifying mistreatment of others. What was the norm of Nazi germany was disgusting but it was the norm of those days not these ones to treat others horrifically as the societally accepted norm. Getting rid of that one doctor who is but a cog in the machine doesnt seem a route worth pushing IMO, i can actually sympathise for why you would want that but i think Runey is perhaps looking more bigger picture on this vs that one doctor who was an absolute cunt to someone near and dear to our hearts.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
I take it more an observation that THIS is the games societal norm for the half elves. Were the actions of the doctor deplorable? absolutely and i was angered seeing them in action but i also consider this game take on very serious issues pertaining things like slaves and glorifying mistreatment of others. What was the norm of Nazi germany was disgusting but it was the norm of those days not these ones to treat others horrifically as the societally accepted norm. Getting rid of that one doctor who is but a cog in the machine doesnt seem a route worth pushing IMO, i can actually sympathise for why you would want that but i think Runey is perhaps looking more bigger picture on this vs that one doctor who was an absolute cunt to someone near and dear to our hearts.
should be an option to sneak into the hospital and ass fuck the doctor without lube...... but then she might enjoy that

• Love
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hate to be that guy but the opposite of love is indeed hatred- just like the opposite of liking something is to dislike. The whole indifference stuff doesn't correlate with neither love nor hate anyway, it's a neutral emotion for a reason. I haven't gone through much of the story yet but from what these posts hinted at she's had it coming. I do agree that bringing anybody else that isn't her into it is shitty, especially if it's innocent family members but I doubt even Runey would go that dark route. That's just me.
incorrect, the opposite of love/hatred is indifference. love and hatred are the same coin.

GraveXMachina

Jun 9, 2020
should be an option to sneak into the hospital and ass fuck the doctor without lube...... but then she might enjoy that
As I said this before, we should make everyone think she's a half elf so she would get a taste of her own medicine.
We know influential people, just spread some rumors, we got an Android that can easily hack stuff, just manipulate some test results...just saying.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
As I said this before, we should make everyone think she's a half elf so she would get a taste of her own medicine.
We know influential people, just spread some rumors, we got an Android that can easily hack stuff, just manipulate some test results...just saying.
yes but surprise assrape and then the half elf thing haha let her know she is truly fucked.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
why cannot the MC use the law against said sadist? she knew the property was no longer the states and had not been for many hours and actively harmed said property in front of its rightful and lawful owner, then made threats when he demanded she cease.
In a law abiding fashion, the MC can file a formal complaint, and file suit against her and the gov't division/company she represents. emotional trauma, abuse under color of authority, vandalism, property damage, etc.
and since he is personally involved with one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the world; AND ALL of his children reside with the MC... I'm thinking the dr/nurse gets the axe at the VERY least.
the facts as they are are on MCs side, Maria [the property] voluntarily came to the location for the testing having no reason to think she was a criminal, as no adult when she was a minor indicated anything otherwise; and released her unto the world when she aged out of the foster system. so if there is a fault it can be argued it is the state's fault.
she surrendered to authorities immediately, and was purchased within minutes of being made available, despite them doing so in dead of night, a highly suspect procedure in and of itself as gov't / bankers hours would appear to be the norm for business.

So if it were me [and I am the MC in my game] i would eagerly pursue such an avenue. not to mention this would set precedence for such things; after all isn't the new Mrs. Trenero a half-breed herself? was she treated so cruelly?

i think you are all missing it, probably just too young to remember signs that said whites only.
this is all the exact same shit black ppl had to live with in the 1800s before 1866. another white person could hit your slave and all you could do was demand recompense for damage to your property. this should make you angry, slavery of any kind should not be allowed anywhere.
like when they used to take indian children away from their parents, force them to learn english then put them in white houses to cook and clean, it was 'legal' cuz they weren't black.
at least it wasn't polio and smallpox infected blankets, rotten meat, etc. they did horrible things to my people. anyways, i see this as the dev equating the elves' lives as it was for others in earth's history. it appears he is doing it well as it is pissing everyone off as it should.
we should hunt down and kill all slavers and then get busy with the real things we need to be doing like creating catgirls!

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
They have ways to test for elven DNA, so that would not work as the person testing would know almost immediately. Android would have to hack in real time to get the timing right to have the person doing the testing see the altered result and timing it like that would be extremely difficult and extremely risky to pull off.

i think you are all missing it, probably just too young to remember signs that said whites only.
this is all the exact same shit black ppl had to live with in the 1800s before 1866. another white person could hit your slave and all you could do was demand recompense for damage to your property. this should make you angry, slavery of any kind should not be allowed anywhere.
like when they used to take indian children away from their parents, force them to learn english then put them in white houses to cook and clean, it was 'legal' cuz they weren't black.
at least it wasn't polio and smallpox infected blankets, rotten meat, etc. they did horrible things to my people. anyways, i see this as the dev equating the elves' lives as it was for others in earth's history. it appears he is doing it well as it is pissing everyone off as it should.
we should hunt down and kill all slavers and then get busy with the real things we need to be doing like creating catgirls!
No, killing them would be an easy out for them. They exacted far too much suffering on these poor elves to get out of it instantly like that. They need to suffer for as long as their natural lives will allow.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
No, killing them would be an easy out for them. They exacted far too much suffering on these poor elves to get out of it instantly like that. They need to suffer for as long as their natural lives will allow.
it's better to kill them, bury them and then forget they ever existed. death isn't the worst, being forgotten is.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
The 'norm' is to treat then as animals, to not think of them as human. To compare, think about how we look at animals today, there are some who abuse them and/or think that animals are just machines made of meat, with no ability to feel pain or suffer or anything (I have heard people say this), but there are still most of us who have empathy and still want to see animals treated care. ...Even if we do not see them as equals, we do not have any desire to abuse them.

Even in an animal shelter, when we are putting one down, we do it in the most humane way possible, rather than beat them to death with a stick or cut parts off of them while they are still alive.

Even in Nazi Germany, I very much doubt the majority of people wanted to abuse other people, even if they did not consider them as equals or even human, that was just what their leaders and military were doing. And if I were there, and had the opportunity, I would consider it my duty, to remove anyone I could, who is in a position to abuse people.

To add to the 'make it look like she is also a half elf plan', we have the added benefit of anyone she knows getting the sudden shock of finding out that someone close to you, that you thought was just like you, was actually a half elf, and maybe that might wake some people up, that 'hey, someone I know is half elf, This Orientation, That Race, Some Other Religion, whatever...' It helps normalize it.

Whether he adds this or not is not really the point, this is not about what we expect, we are talking about desires. And even if it does happen, it does not have to last (as another DNA test may or may not prove her right) but it could teach her some humility, nor do we even have to see it, just a funny side discussion.
it's better to kill them, bury them and then forget they ever existed. death isn't the worst, being forgotten is.
No, torture is. I don't give a fuck if I am remembered or not, I won't care about anything when I am dead, just stop the pain. Hurting all the time gets old ...fast.

Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It is still an easy out, they get out of trouble immediately. It is better to make them suffer.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Honestly I prefer the murder-torture approach because it isn't pointlessly overcomplicated. Remember, revenge is NOT about justice. It's about personal gratification through the suffering of someone you dislike with just enough of "justice" thrown in to let you sleep at night afterward.

This said, from a narrative perspective all this is moot as we might as well be taking revenge on a drop of water in a sea of hate and doing that would only cheapen the revelation of just how deep and dark that sea is by shining a fake but significant appearing light.

• Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Honestly I prefer the murder-torture approach because it isn't pointlessly overcomplicated. Remember, revenge is NOT about justice. It's about personal gratification through the suffering of someone you dislike with just enough of "justice" thrown in to let you sleep at night afterward.

This said, from a narrative perspective all this is moot as we might as well be taking revenge on a drop of water in a sea of hate and doing that would only cheapen the revelation of just how deep and dark that sea is by shining a fake but significant appearing light.
Either way, I still say every drop we remove from that bucket is a good thing.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes