skyfire777

Mar 28, 2018
do we have an estimate one when the next update is coming? been playing the latest build on and off for a while now and i just got the message that i've completed all the available content already

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
He did, but Kali refused it. She never wanted to become a CEO. Then Kali's Dad offered a job in software engineering for the elfbots.
Ahhh; that right. See, I told you I was more out of the loop than you :D
I really need to do a new playthrough...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
He did, but Kali refused it. She never wanted to become a CEO. Then Kali's Dad offered a job in software engineering for the elfbots.
That was when I got the idea of the MC being the CEO, and her owning it, but leading the teams she likes, and us running the company for her. That said, she might grow into the job one day after she grows the know the company, the people who work there, and what they do. She would earn more respect from the people that work there doing that anyway.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
You people are ignoring the scale of the problem here. I mean, how many elves are there? Millions? Tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? Quite possibly. The nation this all is happening in seems to span the entire continent and be analogous to the united states in terms of scale. So extrapolating populations from that... well yea. Huge. And if slaving societies of the past are any indication there are going to be far more slaves than free men.

Even if the MC had a literal money printing machine to buy them all what is he to do with them? Buy an island somewhere and build them a nation?

It's one thing to save a handful of strays but quite another to actually have to deal with the logistics of organizing an entire race of people. That's the sort of problem even governments have a hard time dealing with. As evidenced by the pre-corona migrant crisis here in Europe.
Over a billion as of the start of the game. Actually, buying an island wouldn't be a bad idea, it gets the elves away from the slavers. I admit it would be a logistical nightmare, but it is necessary to get them out of the hands of the slavers, by any means necessary.

They did it again, deleted my post. Gawd, I hate this new backup system... At least before it would remember what it saved before it went down and you only lost the last bit.

Yeah, but that has room for like 6. We are going to need a LOT of land... XD

Though, Kali DID say we should buy more hotels and have the elves work there.
Exactly, we can't save them all that way, it is going to take a multi-path process.

Harem Island, the sequel, we did talk about that idea a long time ago... XD

Yeah, but we are working under the assumption that she will get a good income as she transitions into running the company, and her step-mom would be willing to help us with some of the funding if it is for the cause. Either way, it is going to take some good investments, though many of these ideas would turn a profit.
Like I said, expand it. It has room for that many now, but that can be changed, not easily, but it can be.

Kali did say that and she has an excellent point, the elves could do the same as Lin and Jin, work there for room and board, maybe a little extra. This would also solve the issues with building up the sanctuary to where we would need it to be. The only remaining issues are with actually proceeding with the buyout.

An island is another excellent idea, more room for the elves than a single building or group of them, at least until they run out of space on said island, which is a real life issue in Japan as well, though they are taking a more proactive approach, not suffering from the problem itself as far as I know.

We are and it will, there is going to be A LOT of money involved no matter how we go about this. However, what Runey said is an issue.

I'm a bit out of the loop, but I believe it is stated somewhere in game that Kali and Lucy are not getting an inheritance.

Android mentions there are close to 800 million elves on the continent. And somewhere around 1 - 2 billion humans. (I think she said 11b or 12b humans in on the planet)
In this case, an inheritance could mean money or it could mean the company since it would be considered an inheritance to transfer control from owner to family of said owner, especially when said family is his daughter, his offspring. The former isn't as big an issue because, as Devian said, the profit she makes after taking control could be enough to pull what we are talking about, but if it means not getting the latter, we're in real trouble funding wise, at least in the short term, since she wouldn't have this profit to work with nor the influence of the company.

what about adding more floors in the hotel [so the people who work there get their own room too] and adding floors to the sanctuary?
obviously that would be some time in the future...
after we get Ren and Sylvia and Nia and Jin are actual members of the harem :cool:
Adding floors to either of our current properties to give it enough space to house literally every elf in Syl'anar is approaching building code violation territory, which is where buying more hotels or even an island comes in. Building up what we have now would mean making them exponentially larger than they already are, but spreading the population across multiple buildings alleviates this issue.

That was when I got the idea of the MC being the CEO, and her owning it, but leading the teams she likes, and us running the company for her. That said, she might grow into the job one day after she grows the know the company, the people who work there, and what they do. She would earn more respect from the people that work there doing that anyway.
Exactly, she can be CEO in name while we do the actual work and she can advise us on occasion.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Like I said, expand it. It has room for that many now, but that can be changed, not easily, but it can be.

Kali did say that and she has an excellent point, the elves could do the same as Lin and Jin, work there for room and board, maybe a little extra. This would also solve the issues with building up the sanctuary to where we would need it to be. The only remaining issues are with actually proceeding with the buyout.

An island is another excellent idea, more room for the elves than a single building or group of them, at least until they run out of space on said island, which is a real life issue in Japan as well, though they are taking a more proactive approach, not suffering from the problem itself as far as I know.

We are and it will, there is going to be A LOT of money involved no matter how we go about this. However, what Runey said is an issue.

In this case, an inheritance could mean money or it could mean the company since it would be considered an inheritance to transfer control from owner to family of said owner, especially when said family is his daughter, his offspring. The former isn't as big an issue because, as Devian said, the profit she makes after taking control could be enough to pull what we are talking about, but if it means not getting the latter, we're in real trouble funding wise, at least in the short term, since she wouldn't have this profit to work with nor the influence of the company.

Adding floors to either of our current properties to give it enough space to house literally every elf in Syl'anar is approaching building code violation territory, which is where buying more hotels or even an island comes in. Building up what we have now would mean making them exponentially larger than they already are, but spreading the population across multiple buildings alleviates this issue.

Exactly, she can be CEO in name while we do the actual work and she can advise us on occasion.
I assume to expand beyond a certain point here, we will need more land, which may, or may not be easy to obtain. Not sure what the zoning laws are for where we are, but I doubt we can add enough floors for a billion elves. XD Even a 1000 would be a logistical problem at the moment. Thank goodness for Moon and her friends.

Island could work, I always did like that idea, but without the protection of a military or another country's government (which should be doable, to be honest, on both counts to some degree), they would still be subject to raids.

While none of the residents are going to be stupidly rich any time soon, and the MC is not supposed to be very wealthy, that is all the more reason to start small, and some of the ideas we have would not take a lot to get started, and they can turn a profit, and so can not only pay for themselves in the long run, but also provide us a way to fund more of our shenanigans.

And also, like I said, Mariella seems more than willing to throw some of her husband's money at the problem, if it is to help elves, though I don't assume that it would be an easy sell, so we need to be able to show that it is worth it. I mean, she gave us 30k just to help 3, potentially 6 elves, with the promise that we would keep up the fight, and try to help who we can.

I think between what we saved, what we can get from Mariella, and what we can earn from some of these projects, including that other hotel, if it happens. The MC did not seem interested in it at the time, but he might be more motivated now...

We know we can go at least 3 floors above the ground, so 4 total, in the zone, but other than that, it is hard to say, we might have to elect/bribe local officials to change the zoning laws where we are.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I assume to expand beyond a certain point here, we will need more land, which may, or may not be easy to obtain. Not sure what the zoning laws are for where we are, but I doubt we can add enough floors for a billion elves. XD Even a 1000 would be a logistical problem at the moment. Thank goodness for Moon and her friends.

Island could work, I always did like that idea, but without the protection of a military or another country's government (which should be doable, to be honest, on both counts to some degree), they would still be subject to raids.

While none of the residents are going to be stupidly rich any time soon, and the MC is not supposed to be very wealthy, that is all the more reason to start small, and some of the ideas we have would not take a lot to get started, and they can turn a profit, and so can not only pay for themselves in the long run, but also provide us a way to fund more of our shenanigans.

And also, like I said, Mariella seems more than willing to throw some of her husband's money at the problem, if it is to help elves, though I don't assume that it would be an easy sell, so we need to be able to show that it is worth it. I mean, she gave us 30k just to help 3, potentially 6 elves, with the promise that we would keep up the fight, and try to help who we can.

I think between what we saved, what we can get from Mariella, and what we can earn from some of these projects, including that other hotel, if it happens. The MC did not seem interested in it at the time, but he might be more motivated now...

We know we can go at least 3 floors above the ground, so 4 total, in the zone, but other than that, it is hard to say, we might have to elect/bribe local officials to change the zoning laws where we are.
Not if we expand up, that's where I was getting the building code issues from, Syl'anar might not take too kindly to a random skyscraper being built high enough to house the entire elven population of Syl'anar. Not only does this risk fines and other punishments for viiolations, it risks blowing the cover right off our liberation operation, exposing it for every pro-slave citizen in Syl'anar, then we might as well wait for the torches and pitchforks, possibly literally, to come out.

An island has its own set of problems. Being an island, they would have to find an elf friendly trade partner to import from since they would have limited space for self-sustained food production or anything else, not to mention the now physical restrictions on building any further dwellings than they already have to start with. Protection could be where Kali's company comes in, I call it that since this is assuming she takes control at least on paper. The company has a history with robotics, so they could supply the island with robotic security.

Mariella would be a great ally to have in an endeavor like those we've discussed, whether it's creating a megastructure to house the elves, buying a bunch of other hotels to house and employ the elves, or to send them to an isalnd. Her money could also be a great asset in the political battle ahead. A political campaign can be cheap, relatively speaking, but a successful one is guaranteed to be expensive, just like the typical US political campaign, it could run into the millions or more. With my ideas, we are definitely going to keep up the fight, this was definitely not an alternative to that. Moving the elves to a safe location was just a means to get them out of harm's way in case our political campaign stirs up some less than peaceful responses directed specifically at the elves as a result of the purpose of our campaign. It is an insurance policy to make sure none of them get hurt in the inevitable crossfire.

I could see him being more motivated now that he knows just what is at stake.

Either that or bribe people not to blab about any violations, though that would only last so long. People are bound to notice a zoning violation if it gets blatant enough.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not if we expand up, that's where I was getting the building code issues from, Syl'anar might not take too kindly to a random skyscraper being built high enough to house the entire elven population of Syl'anar. Not only does this risk fines and other punishments for viiolations, it risks blowing the cover right off our liberation operation, exposing it for every pro-slave citizen in Syl'anar, then we might as well wait for the torches and pitchforks, possibly literally, to come out.

An island has its own set of problems. Being an island, they would have to find an elf friendly trade partner to import from since they would have limited space for self-sustained food production or anything else, not to mention the now physical restrictions on building any further dwellings than they already have to start with. Protection could be where Kali's company comes in, I call it that since this is assuming she takes control at least on paper. The company has a history with robotics, so they could supply the island with robotic security.

Mariella would be a great ally to have in an endeavor like those we've discussed, whether it's creating a megastructure to house the elves, buying a bunch of other hotels to house and employ the elves, or to send them to an isalnd. Her money could also be a great asset in the political battle ahead. A political campaign can be cheap, relatively speaking, but a successful one is guaranteed to be expensive, just like the typical US political campaign, it could run into the millions or more. With my ideas, we are definitely going to keep up the fight, this was definitely not an alternative to that. Moving the elves to a safe location was just a means to get them out of harm's way in case our political campaign stirs up some less than peaceful responses directed specifically at the elves as a result of the purpose of our campaign. It is an insurance policy to make sure none of them get hurt in the inevitable crossfire.

I could see him being more motivated now that he knows just what is at stake.

Either that or bribe people not to blab about any violations, though that would only last so long. People are bound to notice a zoning violation if it gets blatant enough.
Yeah, that is what I was saying too, we know we can have a 4 story building there, not sure how much higher it can go. But, if we bribe the right people, we can likely get around that.

Most of that, we can handle, by talking to Kali's dad, who pretty much runs a country, who would trade with them, and they can grow their own food and stuff once they get settled. The other big issue is transportation. They won't be happy with exporting that many elves, which is also illegal at the moment, IIRC. Kali's Dad had to get special permission to get the elves he does, including his wife. They don't want them to leave.

Yeah, not only a good ally, but also might join the harem once her current hubby dies... ;) Or, she could be one of the candidates we back, once elves do get full rights.

Far better to get the zoning laws changed, safer for everyone in the long run.

---​

...You know, now that I think about it, I would really like to have another conversation with Mariella, we have not talked since before our little trip to meet the queen. Now that we have Sylvia's perspective on the situation, I would really like to get Mariella's PoV, it could provide an interesting contrast to what Sylvia told us, and also confirm other things she said.

For that matter, it would be interesting to talk to them and see what they know about each other, not sure if Sylvia would know Mariella, but Sylvia was kind of important, so Mariella should at least know about her...

It could be kind of funny if you are on the slave route, that she holds some kind of grudge with her, and says to make an exception with her, treat her rough for her. XD Or, if you are on the love route, maybe they knew each other, and could send a message or something.

Unfortunately, our last conversation with them was not a good one, only somewhat more pleasant than the one we had with Cornwall a bit later. Hopefully they can forgive us, but we were, let's say ...undiplomatic at best.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yeah, that is what I was saying too, we know we can have a 4 story building there, not sure how much higher it can go. But, if we bribe the right people, we can likely get around that.

Most of that, we can handle, by talking to Kali's dad, who pretty much runs a country, who would trade with them, and they can grow their own food and stuff once they get settled. The other big issue is transportation. They won't be happy with exporting that many elves, which is also illegal at the moment, IIRC. Kali's Dad had to get special permission to get the elves he does, including his wife. They don't want them to leave.

Yeah, not only a good ally, but also might join the harem once her current hubby dies... ;) Or, she could be one of the candidates we back, once elves do get full rights.

Far better to get the zoning laws changed, safer for everyone in the long run.

---​

...You know, now that I think about it, I would really like to have another conversation with Mariella, we have not talked since before our little trip to meet the queen. Now that we have Sylvia's perspective on the situation, I would really like to get Mariella's PoV, it could provide an interesting contrast to what Sylvia told us, and also confirm other things she said.

For that matter, it would be interesting to talk to them and see what they know about each other, not sure if Sylvia would know Mariella, but Sylvia was kind of important, so Mariella should at least know about her...

It could be kind of funny if you are on the slave route, that she holds some kind of grudge with her, and says to make an exception with her, treat her rough for her. XD Or, if you are on the love route, maybe they knew each other, and could send a message or something.

Unfortunately, our last conversation with them was not a good one, only somewhat more pleasant than the one we had with Cornwall a bit later. Hopefully they can forgive us, but we were, let's say ...undiplomatic at best.
Well, we can get around it until other people we can't bribe to keep quiet notice. A structure can only get so big before there's no way it won't be noticed.

Self-sustained food production has its limits on an island due to the limits on space to plant. You're right, I didn't take export of elves being illegal into account, underground railroad, anyone? The real one was also technically illegal.

It is, but we are dealing with people who would rather keep the elves enslaved, so we have to be extremely careful how we get them changed so we don't divulge our reason. We would need a cover story, which is easy enough, among other precautions. If they catch wind that our effort is in order to free the elves, we're done for.

Yeah, we might have burned a bridge in that last conversation, another thing I didn't take into account. Maybe we can repair any damage, who knows.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Well, we can get around it until other people we can't bribe to keep quiet notice. A structure can only get so big before there's no way it won't be noticed.

Self-sustained food production has its limits on an island due to the limits on space to plant. You're right, I didn't take export of elves being illegal into account, underground railroad, anyone? The real one was also technically illegal.

It is, but we are dealing with people who would rather keep the elves enslaved, so we have to be extremely careful how we get them changed so we don't divulge our reason. We would need a cover story, which is easy enough, among other precautions. If they catch wind that our effort is in order to free the elves, we're done for.

Yeah, we might have burned a bridge in that last conversation, another thing I didn't take into account. Maybe we can repair any damage, who knows.
If you bribe them to rezone it, it is a permanent change. ...At least until someone comes along and rezones it again.

Well, depends on the island, Japan seems to manage, between farming, fishing, raising small animals...

We want to build a bigger, and better hotel, nothing to cause concerns. If anything, we are doing what they want, since we are also buying slaves to work there. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on with us as far as anyone can tell.

We burned a couple that day...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
When did that happen? I just remember getting 10k from Kalis dad at some point as an investment. I finished Kalis story so far.
Was it only 10k? That might be right... I am dyslexic, so that is an easy thing to mix up. It was his money, but she was the one gave it to us, she was the one who talked to us about using it to build sanctuary and help as many elves as we could.

Reactions: imzahai

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Either way the only way to fix the elven situation is to convince the population that slavery is wrong, something that absolutely can be done within a generation. As evidenced by how quickly it went on in Europe once the ball started rolling. And than spend the next couple centuries integrating them into society.

Grey-Green

Aug 19, 2021
Hey, can I get some input from someone who knows what they're doing? AVG quarantined this program and said it was infected with something--it just came up as idp.generic, so no info for you on the specifics. I re-downloaded and AVG quarantined the same thing. For some reason, both times the quarantine didn't happen the first time I started HH up, but one or two times later. Advice? Assurances?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Hey, can I get some input from someone who knows what they're doing?
Who say that we know what we are doing?:unsure:
Never download something from a doubful pirate site.:ROFLMAO:
Assurances?
What are you willing to pay for this?:cool:

But, in all serious. I haven't had a problem with HH yet, but I mostly us Nopy for download here, if available and some others. As far as I know, I my AV haven't entcountered a virus yet from a game here (doesn't mean anything at all, as my AV could also be bad at its job...).
If you are unsure, use some site like and let them scan the files. If more than one AV used there having an issue then it could be a problem otherwise it is more likely that one single AV have a problem itself.
But foremost for security it is not possible to be 100% certained. Thus often your own head is among the best protection if you are using it right.;)

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Who say that we know what we are doing?:unsure:

Never download something from a doubful pirate site.:ROFLMAO:

What are you willing to pay for this?:cool:

But, in all serious. I haven't had a problem with HH yet, but I mostly us Nopy for download here, if available and some others. As far as I know, I my AV haven't entcountered a virus yet from a game here (doesn't mean anything at all, as my AV could also be bad at its job...).
If you are unsure, use some site like and let them scan the files. If more than one AV used there having an issue then it could be a problem otherwise it is more likely that one single AV have a problem itself.
But foremost for security it is not possible to be 100% certained. Thus often your own head is among the best protection if you are using it right.;)
The nice thing about the thread is that the download links provided tend to be more reliable than most pirate sites simply because at least some of the links were provided by Runey themself. Besides, you can always go to Runey's Patreon (link in the OP) and download the current release there for free.

Reactions: TheDevian and c3p0

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Either way the only way to fix the elven situation is to convince the population that slavery is wrong, something that absolutely can be done within a generation. As evidenced by how quickly it went on in Europe once the ball started rolling. And than spend the next couple centuries integrating them into society.
Yeah, a good media campaign could change their hearts in a decade or two.
Hey, can I get some input from someone who knows what they're doing? AVG quarantined this program and said it was infected with something--it just came up as idp.generic, so no info for you on the specifics. I re-downloaded and AVG quarantined the same thing. For some reason, both times the quarantine didn't happen the first time I started HH up, but one or two times later. Advice? Assurances?
If you got it from here, then I can assure you that it is clean.

You can either tell AGV that it is clean, and to ignore it, or you can get a better anti virus. ;p

paulphoenix

Jun 2, 2018
hello friends, i got a problem with the autumn caracter. inside the ingame computer i cannot get all the folders for this character.

i got the event folder nearby the slutty server folder, still locked. do someone know how to unlock this folder. i got the last version of harem hotel.

thanks a lot and have a nice day. i have completed all the main characters scenes. and i am stucked.

autumn.jpg

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
hello friends, i got a problem with the autumn caracter. inside the ingame computer i cannot get all the folders for this character.

i got the event folder nearby the slutty server folder, still locked. do someone know how to unlock this folder. i got the last version of harem hotel.

thanks a lot and have a nice day

View attachment 1411827
This should be fixed in v0.13.2

Deleted member 3313072

Engaged Member
Jan 26, 2021

thanks a lot and have a nice day. i have completed all the main characters scenes. and i am stucked.

View attachment 1411827
Noticed this today in my latest run and forgot to mention it and was just reminded about it now. Glad I'm not the only one who had this issue.

• Thinking Face
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes